1180 Peachtree St
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tapat1180.com/
- Phone: (404) 347-2220
- Hours of Operation:
Hours: Lunch Monday - Friday 11 am - 4 pm
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 10 am - 3 pm
Dinner Monday 5 pm - 10 pm
Dinner Tuesday - Friday 5 pm - 11 pm
Dinner Saturday 4pm- 11 pm
Dinner Sunday 4-10 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Adrian Villarreal
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer team trivia every Tuesday at 8 p.m. First place receives a $50 bar tab as well as prizes for 2nd & 3rd place.
- Special Events: We offer a private dining area that seats up to 60 people on our beautiful 2nd floor overlooking Peachtree Street. Ask for a manager to receive more details.
- Cross Street: 14th Street
- Public Transit: We are 1 1/2 blocks down from the Arts Center Marta Station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Garage Nearby or complimentary valet. You can dine and park for free and then simply walk to make your show at the ASO, Woodruff Arts Center,or the 14th Street Playhouse.
A word from TAP
Recognized as “Atlanta’s Best Gastropub” by Atlanta Magazine, TAP is a standout spot for seasonally-driven, innovative comfort food. An extensive international beer list and innovative barrel wine program makes TAP “a convivial place to have a pint” night after night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TAP reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (24)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (14)fit for foodies (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Excellent for beer & foodSwanieDined on 11/22/2014Gastropub's index on either food or beer, but never quite get to both. TAP does both very well. Beer selection is wide and deep, food goes from starters to small plates to full on meals. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this go-around1969paulVIPDined on 11/21/2014From the host saying we'd have to wait before even asking if we had a reservation, to the new waitress not knowing any beers from the list, we found this place has changed for the mundane. There is still a decent drink list, but I always found the food surprisingly daring for the atmosphere. I think it may just be adjusting to its customer's tastes, but it's noticeably downscale now. I was looking forward to trying the vegetable plate that was so outstanding last time, but not offered now. Instead, the risotto entree was decent tasting, but more of a porridge than risotto. I'll stick to ordering just beer if I come back.Special Features:
- Small Group - Alumni gatheringDGBdesignandproductionDined on 11/15/2014Located in Mid-Town near the Alliance Theatre, this tap house/restaurant was an ideal choice for our "evolving" gathering for dinner and drinks with local alumni from our school. Our server, did an excellent job of keeping up with our orders and providing a lively, personable banter with the various members of our group. It turned out to be a complex series of split tabs to track, as people variously left and joined our group, and our server was up to the task, and very professional with her customers. Well done. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and cocktails near Art CenterCritter8Dined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Tap. Food was delicious as well as the cocktails. Love the proximity to the Arts Center. Great place to go befor a performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GGoodeDined on 11/9/2014Its never very crowded and the food is always amazing.
- Awesome beer selectionJakesTakesVIPDined on 11/7/2014This is the place to go if you want to choose from a varied selection of local, regional and national brews.
- Wonderful pre theater findCJ65Dined on 11/4/2014My group of six had less than an hour for dinner prior to a 7:30 show at the Alliance. Upon arrival our waiter inquired about out desired departure time. He was great never making us feel rushed yet getting us to the theater with time to spare. Our good was great, the wrinkled green beans fabulous. This will be our go to for dinner prior to the theater.Special Features:
- Great patio day/people watchingSpierce7VIPDined on 10/28/2014Got to have a nice walk down Peachtree in the fall breeze. Sat outside and DEVOURED our salads. Get extra cheese on the apple and cheese salad. Keep the steak salad just as chef sends it. Great service. Gotta love a server who actually likes their job/menu/people/customers. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELISH!juliesunshineDined on 10/27/2014Had drinks and dinner before a concert at The Loft. Service was great, the wine list is varied and impressive. The grilled cheese and tomato bisque are legit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Thank you for donating the gift cards to Enable organization. We bought them in the silent auction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/26/2014Awesome service!! Way better food!! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty calm for Sunday brunchgroupdinerDined on 10/19/2014I made reservations for 10 people for Sunday 1pm brunch. There were only two other tables occupied when I arrived (we sat inside). The TVs were muted and the staff was very attentive. The food was good but not memorable. Complementary valet parking is a great perk, but I wish it was advertised better. Overall it was a great place for us, and I'd definitely recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trout was amazing!Alignment1111Dined on 10/16/2014Very accommodating to meet my needs in regards to finding the perfect table.Special Features:
- Friday LunchCathyDined on 10/10/2014I meet my friend every Friday for lunch at Tap the food is great, service is great but the best part is the complementary vale parking make it very easy for a quick lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impresedLizThompDined on 10/5/2014Was kind of disappointed. Nice looking place, host was very nice. Quiet but wasn't very busy so could have something to do with it. Waitress was friendly,but never came back to fill drinks. Once we had our food it was like we weren't there anymore.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at TAPOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014TAP is a great neighborhood find. We like to go there before the Alliance theater and walk to the show after dinner. The beet salad was fabulous. The menu is always a bit different and always good.Special Features:
- Relaxed and DeliciousaugustbDined on 9/21/2014The pork shank and deviled eggs were to die for. Really good cocktails too.Special Features:
- ReviewPeterBDined on 9/20/2014A very pleasant experience. From the hostess to the waitress, staff was friendly and helpful. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJG1Dined on 9/19/2014Their online menus does not match their actual menue. Service was excellent and view from upstairs was outstanding, actual menue more limited then menue posted online. We recommend the Calamari.Special Features:
- Go for brunch not dinnerKspecialDined on 9/6/2014Love this place for brunch so took hubby to birthday dinner. The chairs at the bar and on the high top we sat at are very uncomfortable/awkward. No place to put purses or sweaters for the ladies. Our server was very nice, but kind of inattentive. The restaurant wasn't very busy so not sure what was going on there. We had eaten apps and waited a good 20 minutes before we could flag her down to ask her if we could order dinner. She never stayed put in one place long enough for us to order more drinks etc. Apparently the chef likes to over spice food so when it says spicy, it means burn tastebuds off tongue. One friend left his whole plate untouched-the dish he ordered wasn't labeled spicy on menu. Go for brunch. Fried pickles are delish!Special Features:
- Great Beer. Mediocre food.cjlayer30Dined on 8/29/2014Beer list was extensive, as expected. Waitress was knowledgeable on beer selections, but was inattentive. Food was reasonably priced, but nothing special.Special Features:
- Not Great, Not HorribleVonnieDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I went to TAP late on a Thursday night. The calamari appetizer was greasy and badly in need of salt. I had the butcher steak which was fine nothing spectacular, my husbands pork shank, however was spectacular! The drinks were extremely small, over priced and lackluster. I expect there to at least be fresh muddled fruit in drinks at that size and price point. The layout of the restaurant is awkward especially the location of the restrooms. Overall it was fine not great not horrible.
- What HappenedsweettalkerVIPDined on 8/24/2014This used to be a great gastropub, but yesterday was not good at all. I waited 5 mins for the valet to show up to get my car. We waited another 10 mins inside for someone to greet us. (No hostess was available). It took the server almost all night for her to become some what friendly. And the food less than desirable.Special Features:
- The following 469 reviews are from the TAP reviews archive.
- Loud and averageATLNativeVIPDined on 7/28/2014In spite of tables too close together, we managed to have an acceptable business lunch. Service is inattentive and offhand. The patio will be a reason to go back once the temperature plummets under 90.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerguyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Fun place for a drink after work, but they need to work on the menu. Pretty lean on the options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disapointedJonesatlDined on 7/12/2014Been here 2 or 3 times. Always like it. INCREDIBLE beer selection, always new stuff to try. Food is very good. Overall I'll come back once a year or so. Always fun.Special Features:
- Very accommodating!LisaVIPDined on 7/11/2014We were late due to Friday traffic and they worked with us and were able to seat us quickly once we were ready! And the place was packed! We definitely appreciate that!Special Features:
- Poor service at check-in.AnonymousDined on 7/1/2014When I arrived for a noon reservation, I asked that they send my lunch companion to the table upon arrival. I was seated at the far end of the first floor and couldn't see new arrivals. After 20 or so minutes, my friend found me at the table and said that she had been seated upstairs since @ noon. She had left clear instructions upon arrival including our names and to please direct me to the table. There was NO communication among servers and hostesses (if there was a designated hostess). Also, we had to ask for ice tea three times before it arrived. Food was great, however, and it arrived promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy Lunch SpotIHeartFoodVIPDined on 6/18/2014Great food, fast service. Outdoor dining with fantastic views of Midtown.Special Features:
- A wonderful surprisepalsandfoodiesDined on 6/15/2014We had no idea what to expect from Tap; but it was outstanding. A wonderful selection of beers, especially impressed with the selection of drafts. The food was delicious. We tried a variety of items, and everything was seasoned perfectly - so many great flavors. Especially impressive: the fried pickles (made with sweet pickles) and served with a jalapeno dip; the braised pork shank - so tender and flavorful; the jalapeno mac & cheese - the absolute best ever! Our server was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food was very good...while the menu was limited it was diverse. We had no trouble finding something to suit us from the choices available. I had the gnudi and it was outstanding! I especially loved the limas and peas that were served with it. If you are looking for a no meat meal this is a winner! My husband had the fish and chips and, although it was a little bready, it was cooked properly and was very flavorful. We enjoyed sitting outside on the patio. The weather was perfect!Special Features:
- Poor service & Quality.PityDined on 6/6/2014Pity. Poor service on top of blan, high priced food. Disappointing. Ashame for location.
- unfortunate slidetroymogaVIPDined on 5/25/2014tap used to be a great place to get a craft beer and a decent meal on one of the best patios in midtown. now its just very mediocre. the one shining star is the food, and still the patio, but everything else is a hot mess. before we ordered anything, we were told that half the taps were down, at the beer place. then, we ordered salads and an entree each, both showed up at the same time. we turned away the entree only to be later served the same food that was under a heat lamp for 10-15 minutes. bad form all the way around. this used to be a great place, but unfortunately the great food and patio can't save it.
- Dinner before ASOPdiddyDined on 5/23/2014My wife and I love eating here before ushering at the ASO. Brandy and her staff are outstanding. Will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhLaurenDined on 5/16/2014I found the food to be so-so and the waitress forgot our appetizer, but was pretty nice overall. I was unimpressed with the food the first time i went also so I would probably just recommend this restaurant for the beer selection.Special Features:
- its okearlheartbreakDined on 5/11/2014If your starving I dont recomend this place also its priceySpecial Features:
- paaskyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Easy casual restaurant with nice service. Nice service!Special Features:
- Walk to ASOPro2bugDined on 5/8/2014Dinner and then ASO. Watch the sidewalk midtown crowd. Boullabasse or Burger? what a menu!!Special Features:
- Burger Shocked UsmgmcdevVIPDined on 5/4/2014Solid gastro pub in midtown. We sat outside and did not mind the traffic going by, but some might. The patio is not right no peachtree, it is situated a bit further back. Their burger was amazing. When it was delivered to the table next to us, I almost did not order it because of how understated it looked. What a mistake that would have been, it was amazing and one of the best I have had in the city.Special Features:
- Awesome Burgers!CheckoutATownDined on 4/26/2014We found TAP on line and it was close to the Alliance theater we were going to so we thought we would give it a try. Service was great, Food was awesome and the Beer was ICE COLD. I will definitely be back. Thanks !Special Features: