#101-15350 34th ave
Surrey, BC V3S 0X7Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taprestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 6045361954x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 11:30am-11:30pm Tuesday to Saturday
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest, International
- Executive Chef: Alistair Veen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering team specializes in on-site canapé creation, as well as private dinners. We bring a team into your house/venue and build all the canapés in front of your guests. We try to stay away from buffet style, preferring to do set menus. We do not do drop offs and pick-up is very limited due to the nature of our cuisine.
- Private Party Facilities: Bookouts are available, but we have no private room. Our patio seats 35 and the intereiror seats 40. Cocktail style parties with amazing hors-d"oeuvres are our favorite style, but any bookout will be met with complete flexibility.
- Private Party Contact: Alistair 6045361954x
- Entertainment: Acoustic Groove plays live every Wednesday. Their contemporary music fits our room perfectly.
A word from Tap Restaurant
Chef Alistair Veen strives to marry downtown class with neighbourhood comforts. Our intimate dining room features our open kitchen, perfect for a dinner with friends, business lunch or date night. We pride ourselves on sourcing local ingredients and building relationships with local producers; you will notice the difference. Please contact us for information about private events and catering packages.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tap Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)romantic (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Could have been in EuropeDBdinersDined on 8/28/2014Absolute perfection from the delicious lobster bisque and gnocci starters to the beautifully prepared sockeye salmon followed by mouth-watering chocolate souffle and NY cheesecake. Servings are as they should be - enough to sate without having the diner feel overstuffed. The wine we chose was perfect with the meal, the service was beyond outstanding and we could not have had a better experience. As another reviewer has said, this restaurant could rival any of those we experienced last fall while in Paris.Special Features:
- A local FindEnjoyableVIPDined on 8/19/2014Don't be telling the world about this hidden gem located in Rosemary Heights, South Surrey. Simply put, it's fantastic! Service is always first class, food fit for foodies and others and a wine list to suit all budgets. This local restaurant stands comparison to any in Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 198 reviews are from the Tap Restaurant reviews archive.
- But xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxMusiclovesfoodDined on 4/26/2014Appetizers a little disappointing. Wine list a bit obscure and expensive. Main courses outstanding.Special Features:
- Horrible... Never to ReturnsnipsDined on 4/26/2014This was the worst meal I have had in many many years.... The steak was so chewy and I couldn't break it down enough to swallow. This is the second bad meal I have had there in a year. I will not recommend the Tap. The wine I asked for and that was on there Specials board was also out of Stock.
- Worth trying again & again.ImagluttonDined on 4/25/2014Food was imaginatively prepared and outstanding. Service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!Catwhofoundthecream9Dined on 4/19/2014The food is consistently up to standard and the atmosphere quiet and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014My wife and I have enjoyed Tap many times and have taken guests there 4 or 5 times. This time, my favorite lobster bisque was nowhere near their usual high standard and the steak special was so- so; but the frites were GREAT! Perhaps the chef had an off day. I also recognize that restaurants mark up wine an average 50% or double the liquor store cost but this was well beyond that and, if repeated, will preclude our future attendance. As a businessman, profit is NOT a dirty word but usury is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience at TapFoodandVinoLoverDined on 3/22/2014Once again we had a great meal and great service at Tap. The Risotto with truffle oil is to die for!! Thanks got another great experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always Taps was wonderful,SimonDined on 2/28/2014As always Taps was wonderful, the steak was cooked to perfection, and the lobster special was a treat! It tasted like desert, sweet and moist.. Even tho the restaurant was busy, Bryanna and her team were attentive, we felt completely taken care of. I always recommend taps every chance I get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where has all the service gone?ovrthetopDined on 2/28/2014Attentive upon arrival but as each course arrived delays between were longer & longer. After the dessert menu was presented we waited 15 minutes before our server arrived and asked if we were interested. My wife answered "too little too late"! The food was as ordered, fresh and good. The salads were very tasteful and hearty. From the food perspective this was a nice evening but the service eliminated this and put our overall stay into the fair zone. WE will try again with the hope of service improvements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightFoodfanDined on 2/28/2014Everything was great, especially the shared tapas. Bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tap Restaurant is a Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2014This was our first time going to Tap. We were splendidly surprised on the ambiance and it's small cozy dining room area. If you don't want to sit in the dining room area there is a small Bar/Lounge you can get drinks and appetizers at. We were pleasantly surprised with our salads, (highly recommend the Caesar Salad) and the Main Course.We did have to wait a while between our salads, appetizers (which arrived together) and main course. A bread basket was not provided nor is it on the menu. If you order a appetizer, you get a small half toasted bread with your appetizer. That's it. That was the only draw back that I could see. I did find that the food prices are high but with the impeccable quality and taste, I think it was well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Surrey Favourite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Tap is a gem of a restaurant, tucked into a quiet neighbourhood in South Surrey. The ambiance is inviting, the service is excellent and the food, oh, the food, is exceptional! With a kitchen open to the restaurant, we can see the staff creating exquisite dishes, and enjoying the process too. I highly recommend Tap to my friends, family and business acquaintances, as a place to enjoy a beautiful meal in a beautiful and welcoming environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberTdoubleyouDined on 2/14/2014My partner and I had a fantastic night at Tap Restaurant, everything from the food, service, and ambiance all mashed together for an experience I've never witnessed before. Alistair Veen took us on a food journey that was nothing shy of amazing, each item that was brought to the table was paired beautifully with wines that took our experience to a whole different level. I highly recommend Tap for anyone that wants to experience flavors not typically found outside of Vancouver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine SurpriseValentineDined on 2/14/2014Food was good, Our server was excellent, ambience was just ok. The only real issue I had was I was their on Valentines Day and when I went to use the washroom after dinner I returned to find the Owner talking to my girlfriend at the table. He immediately left when I got there. We then left to only learn once we got back into the car driving home that the Owner ( Allister ) was hitting on my girlfriend. How unbelievable unprofessional. Don't think I could ever recommend this place now to anyone. What a joke. He's lucky she waited or I would have snapped.Special Features:
- my reviewlikesfoodDined on 2/12/2014It was a clean establishment and the wait staff were helpful. The only issue was they had two guys playing music (1 guitar and 1 drum)...and the mic they used was hooked up to the surround sound system. It is not a large place so when the band played it was really loud, and that interfered with being able to talk freelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected great exxperience.BoeboeDined on 2/8/2014This was the first time to this restaurant, recommended by a friend. It as a special occasion and took my adult children and son-in-law for a birthday celebration. Service was good. Servers knowledge about the food was great. The food was fabulous and you could see/hear the cooks calling out the dishes. Excellent martini's as well. If you tired of the usual eating spots in south Surrey, White Rock give this place a try. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2014Great birthday dinner. Food and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tap never fails. Ever.Only4diamondsDined on 1/30/2014I have enjoyed many a lovely meal at Tap Restaurant and having it within our neighbourhood was a definite plus. We recently moved out of the area and last night I made the 30 minute drive to go back. So worth it. The server was amazing, knowledgeable and friendly (thank you Bryanna). The service was quick when needed but also respectful of our privacy. The good was truly spectacular, as I knew it would be. I have never been disappointed, always pleased and will continue to visit this perfect restaurant whenever I am in need of fantastic food and wine.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the evening. We were all (4) very impressed with the presentation of all courses. Food was excellent and had never seen a Caesar salad served the way it was. The duck was outstanding. We most definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Music Wed NightChrisDined on 1/15/2014Food was excellent, service was attentive, 2-piece band was perfect. Definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home aboutFinedineDined on 12/10/2013We take my Mum out for her birthday every year and have done so at Tap a few times This year we found ourselves not overly impressed. For the amount of food and quality of the food it is very pricey. Perhaps we are just spoiled. Nothing special done for her birthday, and they had been informed it was her big 60th. We will not be going there again. Except for lunch. Lunch has always been enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJaguarladyDined on 12/4/2013Food was excellent, service was okay. They had live music which was a little too loud we found ourselves having to talk very loudly. The music is nice, but should be background music. They didn't have my favorite dessert so I was very disappointed at that. We eat there quite often and would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood DininghideawayDined on 11/14/2013I like to go to Tap Restaurant with out of town guests and close friends with whom I like to visit and catch up with news. Tap is an ideal place for this as it is small, never overcrowded, and the noise level is low which all enhance the ability to converse without raising one's voice. The menu is great and the entrees are flavorful and tastefully presented. The portions are smaller which I appreciate. The restaurant is in my area of residence so I am able to arrive in five minutes. I do not dine out very often but when I do have an invitation to suggest a place to eat, I have recommended Tap Restaurant. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedMichaelDined on 11/9/2013Food was exceptionally good. One could not call it a romantic or scenic location, but for a nice quiet dinner, it hits the spot. Wine list surprisingly expensive, beer selections not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!WineLoverDined on 10/23/2013A friend recommended this hidden gem to us and we have heard other rave reviews so we were happy to finally had the chance to check it out tonight. The room is quaint and cozy with an open style kitchen. Our server was very knowledgeable and was able to make excellent recommendations. We started with a gin cocktail called the French 75; it was fabulous. For appetizers we had a unique Caesar Salad and the prawns and scallops; both very tasty. The owner helped us choose a wine that would pair nicely with our entrees, the ribeye and the lamb. It was nice not to have to travel downtown for a great dining experience! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in South SurreyFizzyoDined on 10/22/2013Looking for a restaurant in SouthSurrey /Whiterock and found one that had good reviews on Trip Advisor. Was not disappointed! Excellent find and will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary!majorkeyDined on 10/4/2013Excellent food! Chef Alistair greets you personally! Staff is incredible! Dining room is cozy and romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Night Outdinner42Dined on 10/3/2013We had an early dinner (4:30pm) becasue we had another activity early in the evening. How nice to find a good resturant open at this time of day and it is tucked away right in our neighbourhood. The food was great however the menu is limited. The wine was very good and the service was good as well. I would definately go again. Really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New TrySecondchanceDined on 9/27/2013We had been before and had been somewhat disappointed...a bit pricey...BUT gave it a second chance and were pleasantly surprised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice neighbourhood restaurDavekDined on 9/14/2013Staff was very friendly and food was good. This restaurant has a great neighbourhood feel. Will be back again, as I live in the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The lobster brisk was delicious,RicoDined on 8/16/2013The lobster brisk was delicious, the salad was acceptable....... Rack of lamb was only three ribs, more fat than meat...ended up being about 5 mouthfuls...it should have been trimmed .....though it was very tasty. We have had some good meals there in the past, but this one was very disappointing. It will be a while before we go back for a meal, though we will probably drop in for a drink and apps.Special Features:
- DisappointedLouiDined on 8/2/2013Entrees were very pricy and I was still hungry afterwards.
- Excellent find!dublinhallDined on 7/19/2013We found this establishment via the web and cannot tell how much we enjoyed the total experience. The food was amazing and the wine list hit the spot. Excellent service and the chef/ proprietor was without a doubt a craftsman of his craft in the food arena. We just did the tapas but if that is any indication of what to expect in the mains section we cannot wait. The scallops and prawns were saviory with a sence of The Caribbean . Cannot wait till our next visit. Great local find!Special Features:
- The best patio diningWinedanddinedDined on 7/17/2013The Outdoor patio was fantastic. We were entertained by the very impressive Tony, and Diane playing the keyboard while singing soulful jazz music. They really made it a special evening. Hubby's beef Surloin was cooked exactly as requested at medium rare, and my chicken dish was super moist with a mushroom reduction adding even more flavour. The meal was complete with an amazing strawberry rhubarb cheesecake. Summer patio dining at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable!!MaggieJaneVIPDined on 7/16/2013We went to Tap for out anniversary dinner. It was a Tuesday night and quiet. It is one of our favourite local spots. The baked Brie is a great starter to share, and then we shared chili prawns, gnocchi and Risotto . We tend to just graze on tapas because we can never make up out mind so it is just easier to pick! Service is always great and the owner is very knowledgeable about wine! Really worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please note54lv50Dined on 7/13/2013I don't think I would use Open Table for this restaurant again. When I did there was two times available. 6:00 and 7:45. When we walked in the restaurant at 6:00 it was empty. We would have preferred 7:00 and probably could have had this time if we had called. However we had a lovely drink on the patio and all was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2013This is in a small shopping area of a housing area. From the outside, you don't even know it's a upscale restaurant. There aren't many selection in the menu, but the food they produced are very good. They use fresh ingredient. This is a nice alternative to other chain casual restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/22/2013Some of the highest prices in the area. While food was ok, the small portions and high prices make this restaurant VERY POOR VALUE Ambiance is not there. Crowded tables and a bit noisy Item described ad a"soufle" is actually a cake, good, but not a soufle. Overall, don't waste your money. There are many other restaurants in the area with better food forr a much better price, and much better service
- b'day dinnerfab4Dined on 6/22/2013food was good, but portions much smaller than we are use to when we go to a tapas restaurant - while we were comfortable when we left, about an hour later the "younger adults" were already hungry again. Have been here for lunch numerous times and food is always great - but different menu for lunch. Would recommend it, but not if you are looking for an inexpensive meal -Special Features: