Tap House Seattle
1506 Sixth Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tap House Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taphousegrill.com/
- Phone: (206) 816-3314
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Thursday. Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Buitron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of the downtown Seattle, Tap House Grill is surrounded by the best hotels, shopping destinations, and tourist attractions. Let us make your next gathering a celebration to remember. The Tap House Grill is a full service event facility. Choose from one of our private event spaces or reserve the entire restaurant. We accommodate groups ranging from 15 to 680 guests and feature the region's largest selection of draft beers. Our progressive urban cuisine complements the complex flavors of the local, national, and imported beers we feature daily. Private Events: All that is required for private events is the selection of a menu and bar choice to satisfy the food and beverage minimum. There is no rental or hidden fees. We have many menu options from multiple buffet choices to a la carte plated menus, as well as our famous Brewer's Dinner where we pair each course with one of our 160 beers on tap!
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Helling 2068163314
- Entertainment: Billiards are available at our Seattle location.
- Cross Street: Sixth and Pike
- Public Transit: Tap House Grill is located on Sixth Avenue between Pike & Pine Streets, a short walking distance from Seattle's Metro tunnel.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available as well as private garage parking on Pike between Sixth and Seventh Avenue.
A word from Tap House Seattle
Tap House Grill offers the largest selection of draft beers in the Northwest with 160 Beers on tap. We serve daily lunch, dinner, happy hour, late night dining, full service catering, and banquet space for parties up to 680 guests. Our Seattle Tap House Grill restaurant is conveniently located in downtown Seattle with great access to all the shopping, attractions, and convention facilities the great city of Seattle has to offer. Tap House Grill Seattle also offers a billiards room with regulation size tables at hourly rates. Both of our Tap House Grill restaurant locations feature an extensive beer collection as well as Northwest influenced cuisine. Enjoy a leisurely meal and brew, or book a private event or catered banquet space to host your own unique event. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Seattle Tap House!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tap House Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tap House Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (12)late-night find (11)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (8)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Veterans dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014My husband and I along with our friends came to celebrate our combat war veterans, expecting (misleading article) that they were able to eat free. We were told that wasn't a current promotion, our server would see what he could do. He came back with a free app. We ordered, each veteran getting their own, only to have the server come back to tell us the deal was one app per table. While I very much appreciate our servers effort to show his support, I very much disapprove of the management that couldn't bring them selves to give each veteran their own app. These men toured Iraq, one took a bullet for the other, both are lucky to be alive. How is loosing the $ on the extra app, more important than thanking these men for their service?Special Features:
- Great for post game mealcanadian12Dined on 11/9/2014We try to go to the Taphouse each time we are in Seattle and it does not disappoint. Great beer selection. This last visit we had the best calamari I have ever had. We will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Loud but enjoyable, great choices of beer on tap and a full bar to boot!Special Features:
- Great for football gameOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Medium sized TV screens but many of them available to view the game you want. Good burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beerComfyDined on 10/25/2014I like stouts and porters, which they had plenty of. It was an easy place to meet my family and friends, converse, eat, and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot to go to before a playTheater24Dined on 10/23/2014Fast service and good food made it great to hit before our play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedjustyvoneDined on 10/17/2014Seated quickly, service attention slow, salads arrived before appetitizers, Thai salad chicken good but pepers still had seeds in them. Also requested bread for the table and reviewed 2 slices of toast. What the.....terrible!Special Features:
- Did Not Feel WelcomeSomethingPretentiousVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was as expected and our server was good. However, I was with my boyfriend and there was one family at the restaurant and both were relegated to the back of the restaurant where we would not be seen by most people. If I hadn't had other friends joining us, I would have left.
- BeerDanSDined on 10/10/2014What a great selection of beers on tap and a very good happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Bar and Good Food!ErikaVIPDined on 9/28/2014We LOVE coming to the Tap House! We always like to try the rotating handles and they have MURPHY'S on tap! Yum! The food is always fantastic, and they have a great happy hour. Today we had the asian chicken salad, and their italian mac n cheese; both were delicious! A little noisy but it's never so bad that you can't hear one another. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Selection of Beers!drmorfDined on 9/27/2014If you cannot find a beer you like on tap here, you have a problem! Decent food at reasonable (Seattle) prices.Special Features:
- Visiting from ChicagoVisitingFromChicagoDined on 9/26/2014While the food was good, the service was TERRIBLE! Too many blunders to count.Special Features:
- Slow poor quality servicevaribleVIPDined on 9/13/2014This might be a great place for a beer as they have 100+ on tap, but the dining experience is lousy. The service was very slow, the food quality was mediocre and the lighting is dingy.
- 160 Beers, and Great foodVancouverMartiniDined on 8/27/2014Beer list is amazing, service was very good! Food was spectacular! Nothing high end on the menu, mainly casual fare done very well. Great spot for colleagues and friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were just there for beer and appetizers before the football game. It was great food and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer Selectionrcr1Dined on 8/19/2014The best thing going for this place is the beer selection. The beer flights were a little pricey. The food is decent, not great.Special Features:
- Excellent food!alittleglassvialDined on 8/15/2014Took my parents here for dinner, while they were visiting from South Carolina. They were impressed with the beer selection and the food! The soups here are incredible, and I have never been disappointed with an entree. The taps are hit or miss- they claim to have 180, but many are often out. The happy hour menu is one of the best I have ever seen in Seattle!Special Features:
- Overall we enjoyed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Our server (Wayne) and the bussers were great! But we made a reservation...and they seated us right in front of the stairs (entryway), which felt a little weird. I had the fish tacos (pretty good), he had a cheeseburger (and said it was delicious), he had the Deschuttes porter (loved it!) I had a cocktail that I didn't like (Tiki Tini), but that was my taste, I think, not the cocktail maker's fault, AND they let me order a different one (the Raspberry Lemon Quencher, loved it!), and didn't charge me for the first one :) They were hosting like 3 different parties for Microsoft employees, so there was a lot of movement, but I bet it's nicer on a quieter night! Only 3 blocks from the Paramount theatre (where we were going for a show)!Special Features:
- Better for adults.SchmelikDined on 7/25/2014Food was good beer was great.. Kid's meals could have been better. The quesodia cheese was not melted and the mac and cheese was gritty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service experienceGo2theaterDined on 7/25/2014Have eaten at Tap House a few times. Our reservations were handled well. But when we were seated, no one came to our table even though several wait staff were "bustling around" us at other tables. After 10 minutes I actually had to raise my arms and flag a person over just to get water. It seemed each table had a different waiter so no one person was responsible for the area. The manager was responsive and comped us a free round of drinks.Special Features:
- The following 231 reviews are from the Tap House Seattle reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Hangover burger fulfilled a bacon lover's needs. The best part of the Jambalaya Pasta was the sausage and the sauce. Chicken and shrimp were both over-cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was great!food4thoughtDined on 7/20/2014From calmari and shrimp to wings and ribs but I had the Hangover Burger. A bacon cheese burger with a sunny side up egg......Yummy!!! If you can't find a bunch of different beers to your liking here your taste buds are dead. We were there for lunch on Sunday so I can't comment on the bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out in Seattle3guysDined on 7/19/2014Nice setting, great beer, excellent food, excellent place to hang out, have some beer, yummy foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be back!calikerDined on 7/18/2014After dining frequently at the Bellevue location we were expecting much higher standards. We were very disappointed with the overall experience. The service was mediocre at best. We were crammed into a back corner in an awkward room. The menu lacked appeal and the food was disappointing. We will most definitely not be dining here again.
- Tap House SeattleKrisVIPDined on 7/16/2014Food is wonderful, but the service could uses some improvement. Our service was never to be found again after others drop off our food and forgot some food too.Special Features:
- Tap House SeattleKrisVIPDined on 7/10/2014The food was good. The service not so good today. My server forgot my salad that I have order completely, but still charge me in the bill. I have to get his attention to fix my bill about this situation.Special Features:
- Great food not so great service....JS77Dined on 6/14/2014So I had made a reservation at this location and then arrived with our party of 5 only to sit and wait 30 min to finally be seated, oh and this was after two groups who had arrived after us had been seated first. When I questioned the staff about this matter they could never seem to find a reason for having us wait. The service didn't stop there, when we were finally seated it took another 20 min to actually get waters and then 15 more for our beers. the food orders took forever as well. The food itself was great but the whole experience was basically ruined by the horrible service. Oh and the restaurant never compensated us for the terrible seating with us having a reservation.
- Disappointed.FoodeeDined on 6/14/2014Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing, but the jambalaya tasted like it was from a box. It seemed like a busy night but that didn't excuse the waiter's poor memory. The food was just ordinary for us. If you are going for just drinks, I'm sure that this is the place. Just sit at the bar, though.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We were excited to eat at Tap House as we are from out of town, but unfortunately we're extremely disappointed. Service extremely slow- took 20 mins to just get waters after being seated. Food quality poor and literally was ill after having the fish tacos. We wanted a fun experience on our last night in Seattle and had nothing even remotely close. Bummed!
- Great beer selection, timing offBearVIPDined on 6/12/2014First, let me say I appreciate any establishment that has 160 beers from around the world on tap. Seattle is a great place for beer. For the second straight evening at different venues, however, our starters or appetizers (call them what you like), arrived simultaneously with our main course entrees. This must be a Seattle thing. The sushi rolls were on the happy hour starter menu, we ordered them separately ten minutes before we ordered main dishes, yet the kitchen saw fit to time the arrival so we got everything at once. Way to ruin the first course. Worse, the server did not seem to care -- this is the way they do it. Seattle has great beer, but no sense of timing.Special Features:
- Beer flightsMariaDined on 6/9/2014I don't remember what I ate but I do remember that my coworker and I were able to order a "flight" of 4 small beers to taste test. Even better, I was able to order hard cider instead of beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every timeTurizzleDined on 6/7/2014Every time I go to Seattle, I have to drop in to Tap House. The food, the service, and the atmosphere are always 5 stars. I'm not one to give my best to just anyplace, but Tap House Seattle NEVER fails to impress me or my guests! The food is absolutely amazing, (don't forget to try the Morning After Burger!) the beer selection is amazing, (there's something there for everyone!) and the service is always fantastic! I don't really like Seattle much, but I have made it a tradition to drop in anytime I go to Seattle. It's like a wonderful hidden gem tucked away inside the heart of the city. I love this place, and will continue to go here far into the future. I have to give Tap House Seattle 5/5 stars! Always recommended, and will continue to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showcitykittyDined on 6/6/2014We stopped in for dinner before a show at the ACT. A server was quick to come to the table to get our order. The drinks and food came quickly. The only opportunity I would point out is the server was always trying to sell us one more item. The first time was fine, the second okay, but then the third. The restuarant is in the basement so it's dark, not a good place if you want to enjoy the sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beers!RubyredDined on 6/5/2014Of course the beers are great, food good, service only ok- our waiter was not particularly knowledgeable about beer or the food menu; nice pool roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overworked WaitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/25/2014Our waiter was actually running through the room he was so overloaded with tables. The kitchen expediters were no help. They didn't follow through on a single thing we asked them for. This could be a great place if the staffing issue are fixed.
- taphouse is great!goldilouDined on 5/23/2014We had a great time at the taphouse in seattle. We had a large group but they were very accommodating. We had a great time and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gooooooood food! Great prom nightMcBootyDined on 4/26/2014The atmosphere was fun in there! The food was good; especially the hot spinach and artichoke dip! I wanted to like the dish it was that great! My only complaint is there was too much garlic in the chicken penne. It was amazing but after I finished eating I got an upset stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No such thing as a 'quiet' areaAuntieDDined on 4/26/2014We had theater tickets so needed a reservation and chose Tap House. When we arrived they placed us in what they described as a 'quieter' area. All it was an 'over flow' room...likely for private parties with a TV. None of the ambience/decor of the larger part of the restaurant and certainly not any quieter. Was disappointed overall with the experience, but would go back to the main part of the restaurant in future for a 2nd chance.Special Features:
- Solid food, great servicemariDined on 4/26/2014Had a group of 7, and we were so happy with the service and menu options. Great beer selection!Special Features:
- Lunch with the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014Met my daughter and 4 year old granddaughter for lunch. Our party had everything from appetizers to burgers and sushi...flavors and presentation were good and portions were ample for price in downtown Seattle.Special Features: