Tap House Seattle
1506 Sixth Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tap House Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.taphousegrill.com/
- Phone: 2068163314
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Thursday. Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Fernando Buitron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of the downtown Seattle, Tap House Grill is surrounded by the best hotels, shopping destinations, and tourist attractions. Let us make your next gathering a celebration to remember. The Tap House Grill is a full service event facility. Choose from one of our private event spaces or reserve the entire restaurant. We accommodate groups ranging from 15 to 680 guests and feature the region's largest selection of draft beers. Our progressive urban cuisine complements the complex flavors of the local, national, and imported beers we feature daily. Private Events: All that is required for private events is the selection of a menu and bar choice to satisfy the food and beverage minimum. There is no rental or hidden fees. We have many menu options from multiple buffet choices to a la carte plated menus, as well as our famous Brewer's Dinner where we pair each course with one of our 160 beers on tap!
- Private Party Contact: Lindsay Helling 2068163314
- Entertainment: Billiards are available at our Seattle location.
- Cross Street: Sixth and Pike
- Public Transit: Tap House Grill is located on Sixth Avenue between Pike & Pine Streets, a short walking distance from Seattle's Metro tunnel.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available as well as private garage parking on Pike between Sixth and Seventh Avenue.
A word from Tap House Seattle
Tap House Grill offers the largest selection of draft beers in the Northwest with 160 Beers on tap. We serve daily lunch, dinner, happy hour, late night dining, full service catering, and banquet space for parties up to 680 guests. Our Seattle Tap House Grill restaurant is conveniently located in downtown Seattle with great access to all the shopping, attractions, and convention facilities the great city of Seattle has to offer. Tap House Grill Seattle also offers a billiards room with regulation size tables at hourly rates. Both of our Tap House Grill restaurant locations feature an extensive beer collection as well as Northwest influenced cuisine. Enjoy a leisurely meal and brew, or book a private event or catered banquet space to host your own unique event. We look forward to seeing you soon at the Seattle Tap House!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tap House Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tap House Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (14)late-night find (12)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- 160 Beers, and Great foodVancouverMartiniDined on 8/27/2014Beer list is amazing, service was very good! Food was spectacular! Nothing high end on the menu, mainly casual fare done very well. Great spot for colleagues and friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We were just there for beer and appetizers before the football game. It was great food and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer Selectionrcr1Dined on 8/19/2014The best thing going for this place is the beer selection. The beer flights were a little pricey. The food is decent, not great.Special Features:
- Excellent food!alittleglassvialDined on 8/15/2014Took my parents here for dinner, while they were visiting from South Carolina. They were impressed with the beer selection and the food! The soups here are incredible, and I have never been disappointed with an entree. The taps are hit or miss- they claim to have 180, but many are often out. The happy hour menu is one of the best I have ever seen in Seattle!Special Features:
- Overall we enjoyed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Our server (Wayne) and the bussers were great! But we made a reservation...and they seated us right in front of the stairs (entryway), which felt a little weird. I had the fish tacos (pretty good), he had a cheeseburger (and said it was delicious), he had the Deschuttes porter (loved it!) I had a cocktail that I didn't like (Tiki Tini), but that was my taste, I think, not the cocktail maker's fault, AND they let me order a different one (the Raspberry Lemon Quencher, loved it!), and didn't charge me for the first one :) They were hosting like 3 different parties for Microsoft employees, so there was a lot of movement, but I bet it's nicer on a quieter night! Only 3 blocks from the Paramount theatre (where we were going for a show)!Special Features:
- Better for adults.SchmelikDined on 7/25/2014Food was good beer was great.. Kid's meals could have been better. The quesodia cheese was not melted and the mac and cheese was gritty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service experienceGo2theaterDined on 7/25/2014Have eaten at Tap House a few times. Our reservations were handled well. But when we were seated, no one came to our table even though several wait staff were "bustling around" us at other tables. After 10 minutes I actually had to raise my arms and flag a person over just to get water. It seemed each table had a different waiter so no one person was responsible for the area. The manager was responsive and comped us a free round of drinks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Hangover burger fulfilled a bacon lover's needs. The best part of the Jambalaya Pasta was the sausage and the sauce. Chicken and shrimp were both over-cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was great!food4thoughtDined on 7/20/2014From calmari and shrimp to wings and ribs but I had the Hangover Burger. A bacon cheese burger with a sunny side up egg......Yummy!!! If you can't find a bunch of different beers to your liking here your taste buds are dead. We were there for lunch on Sunday so I can't comment on the bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night out in Seattle3guysDined on 7/19/2014Nice setting, great beer, excellent food, excellent place to hang out, have some beer, yummy foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't be back!calikerDined on 7/18/2014After dining frequently at the Bellevue location we were expecting much higher standards. We were very disappointed with the overall experience. The service was mediocre at best. We were crammed into a back corner in an awkward room. The menu lacked appeal and the food was disappointing. We will most definitely not be dining here again.
- Tap House SeattleKrisVIPDined on 7/16/2014Food is wonderful, but the service could uses some improvement. Our service was never to be found again after others drop off our food and forgot some food too.Special Features:
- Tap House SeattleKrisVIPDined on 7/10/2014The food was good. The service not so good today. My server forgot my salad that I have order completely, but still charge me in the bill. I have to get his attention to fix my bill about this situation.Special Features:
- Great food not so great service....JS77Dined on 6/14/2014So I had made a reservation at this location and then arrived with our party of 5 only to sit and wait 30 min to finally be seated, oh and this was after two groups who had arrived after us had been seated first. When I questioned the staff about this matter they could never seem to find a reason for having us wait. The service didn't stop there, when we were finally seated it took another 20 min to actually get waters and then 15 more for our beers. the food orders took forever as well. The food itself was great but the whole experience was basically ruined by the horrible service. Oh and the restaurant never compensated us for the terrible seating with us having a reservation.
- Disappointed.FoodeeDined on 6/14/2014Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing, but the jambalaya tasted like it was from a box. It seemed like a busy night but that didn't excuse the waiter's poor memory. The food was just ordinary for us. If you are going for just drinks, I'm sure that this is the place. Just sit at the bar, though.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We were excited to eat at Tap House as we are from out of town, but unfortunately we're extremely disappointed. Service extremely slow- took 20 mins to just get waters after being seated. Food quality poor and literally was ill after having the fish tacos. We wanted a fun experience on our last night in Seattle and had nothing even remotely close. Bummed!
- Great beer selection, timing offBearVIPDined on 6/12/2014First, let me say I appreciate any establishment that has 160 beers from around the world on tap. Seattle is a great place for beer. For the second straight evening at different venues, however, our starters or appetizers (call them what you like), arrived simultaneously with our main course entrees. This must be a Seattle thing. The sushi rolls were on the happy hour starter menu, we ordered them separately ten minutes before we ordered main dishes, yet the kitchen saw fit to time the arrival so we got everything at once. Way to ruin the first course. Worse, the server did not seem to care -- this is the way they do it. Seattle has great beer, but no sense of timing.Special Features:
- Beer flightsMariaDined on 6/9/2014I don't remember what I ate but I do remember that my coworker and I were able to order a "flight" of 4 small beers to taste test. Even better, I was able to order hard cider instead of beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every timeTurizzleDined on 6/7/2014Every time I go to Seattle, I have to drop in to Tap House. The food, the service, and the atmosphere are always 5 stars. I'm not one to give my best to just anyplace, but Tap House Seattle NEVER fails to impress me or my guests! The food is absolutely amazing, (don't forget to try the Morning After Burger!) the beer selection is amazing, (there's something there for everyone!) and the service is always fantastic! I don't really like Seattle much, but I have made it a tradition to drop in anytime I go to Seattle. It's like a wonderful hidden gem tucked away inside the heart of the city. I love this place, and will continue to go here far into the future. I have to give Tap House Seattle 5/5 stars! Always recommended, and will continue to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showcitykittyDined on 6/6/2014We stopped in for dinner before a show at the ACT. A server was quick to come to the table to get our order. The drinks and food came quickly. The only opportunity I would point out is the server was always trying to sell us one more item. The first time was fine, the second okay, but then the third. The restuarant is in the basement so it's dark, not a good place if you want to enjoy the sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beers!RubyredDined on 6/5/2014Of course the beers are great, food good, service only ok- our waiter was not particularly knowledgeable about beer or the food menu; nice pool roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overworked WaitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/25/2014Our waiter was actually running through the room he was so overloaded with tables. The kitchen expediters were no help. They didn't follow through on a single thing we asked them for. This could be a great place if the staffing issue are fixed.
- taphouse is great!goldilouDined on 5/23/2014We had a great time at the taphouse in seattle. We had a large group but they were very accommodating. We had a great time and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 215 reviews are from the Tap House Seattle reviews archive.
- Gooooooood food! Great prom nightMcBootyDined on 4/26/2014The atmosphere was fun in there! The food was good; especially the hot spinach and artichoke dip! I wanted to like the dish it was that great! My only complaint is there was too much garlic in the chicken penne. It was amazing but after I finished eating I got an upset stomach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No such thing as a 'quiet' areaAuntieDDined on 4/26/2014We had theater tickets so needed a reservation and chose Tap House. When we arrived they placed us in what they described as a 'quieter' area. All it was an 'over flow' room...likely for private parties with a TV. None of the ambience/decor of the larger part of the restaurant and certainly not any quieter. Was disappointed overall with the experience, but would go back to the main part of the restaurant in future for a 2nd chance.Special Features:
- Solid food, great servicemariDined on 4/26/2014Had a group of 7, and we were so happy with the service and menu options. Great beer selection!Special Features:
- Lunch with the familyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014Met my daughter and 4 year old granddaughter for lunch. Our party had everything from appetizers to burgers and sushi...flavors and presentation were good and portions were ample for price in downtown Seattle.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014When the six of us were seated, the server did not seem pleased nor happy to serve us. She did warm up a bit to us, but overall her service was a "C". As competitive as the downtown dining scene is, she really needs to step up. I might add...she had attitude when she approached our table. We were not high maintenance nor request any special changes so not sure why the attitude. Also my mini cupcakes I ordered for dessert were still frozen, I was a bit disappointed but overall we were all happy with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just beerDQ11VIPDined on 4/10/2014I stop in every time in in Seattle to see what's new on the tap list and the last couple times I had dinner there. The food is almost as good as the beer. Diverse menu, much better than typical taphouse type places. The beer is still the star attraction though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open late when you need itSethFromCODined on 4/9/2014I got into Seattle late on a Thursday, and there wasn't a lot open... until I found the Tap House Seattle. They were open late with dinner offered into the late hours, coupled with a huge selection of beers on tap. The cedar plank salmon was fantastic and definitely exceeded the pub food you usually find in a tap house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service = The BESTOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2014We took our family (2 adults, 13 yr old & 8 yr old) here before seeing a show at the Paramount. The waiter went out of his way to cheer up my glum 8 year old, including the chef making a dish that wasn't even on the menu just for my child. Best customer service I have seen downtown ever! The noise level was quite high which was a bit overwhelming, so I wouldn't bring my kids back here again just to save them on that one. But I will return for grownup only time.Special Features:
- LION KINGNoEchoDined on 4/5/2014Early dinner before the play. Seated promptly at 6:15 on Saturday evening in a smaller room (ten tables}. Restaurant was already full. Service was prompt, efficient and friendly. The house salad was fresh, average. We shared tastes of each others dishes. My wife's GARLIC CHICKEN PENNE was OUTSTANDING. My SPICY JAMBALAYA LINGUINE was really good. My daughter's DUNGENESS CRAB MAC AND CHEESE was mild, delicious. Her beau's MACADAMIA MAHI MAHI was flavorful, flaky, and an ample portion. We had the Chocolate Mousse and the Mango Crème Brulee for dessert. Both were exceptionally well done. 160 beers on tap.....MMMMMMMMMSpecial Features:
- Before a Paramount ShowOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/1/2014My husband and 2 teenage daughters and I went to the Tap House before going to see a show at the Paramount Theater. My husband ordered the hangover burger and thought it was pretty good. My oldest daughter got the sushi combo appetizer for her meal and thought it was very good, although the spicy tuna roll was really spicy. Lots of sushi on that so dad helped her out. Youngest daughter got a cheese burger because she wasn't really feeling well and was not up to trying something new. I got the macadamia nut crusted mahi mahi. It was a bit over cooked/dry I thought...almost couldn't tell it was fish. The veggies and the pineapple salsa was good and the rice was ok. We walked to the show after dinner with ease.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked that we seated inDine2niteDined on 3/30/2014I liked that we seated in a quieter dinning area away from the bar. They have 160 beers on tap plus spirits and wine which was a hit for my husband. The menu had a nice selection of appetizers and menu items. The lamb shanks were excellent , and so was the porter cheddar burger. The chicken in curry was spicy instead of savory which I am used to cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is sub-par. I'veSharmanVIPDined on 3/26/2014The food is sub-par. I've eaten here several times over the past 5 years and the food never seems to get better. However, they play great music, and it's a good place to catch your favorite team while at lunch. They have a good selection of beer on tap, but since I'm usually there for lunch I don't drink.Special Features:
- Much better than expectedBBP78Dined on 3/22/2014The overall feel of the restaurant was exciting and fun. Teh food was outstanding and the beers on tap never cease to end. It was our groups first time in the restaurant and we were all very pleased with it. Would defiantly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeLOLODined on 3/22/2014Just a little note to say we had a great time. My kids told us to go there ans we were very pleased .Will go back againSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceGinaDined on 3/21/2014It was a wonderful experience. Thank you for your excellent service!Special Features:
- Go for the beer listOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/18/2014If you're downtown and are a big beer fan, you can overlook the poor food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't be in a hurrypegkelDined on 3/15/2014First I want to say the food was very good and had a good selection. Our waitress did a good job but she was very busy with lots of tables so it was hard to get her attention to ask questions. It has an amazing beer selection. If you like a loud place this would be a good choice. We did have to wait even though we had reservation so if you choose to dine there don't be in a hurry. I would reccommend it with this in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.