TAP at MGM Grand Detroit
1777 Third Street
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
MGM Grand Detroit
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
TAP at MGM Grand Detroit
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mgmgranddetroit.com/tap/default.aspx
- Phone: 8778882121
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily for breakfast!
Sunday - Thursday: 7am - 12am
*Kitchen closes Sun-Thurs at 11pm
Friday & Saturday: 7am - 1am
*Kitchen closes Fri & Sat at 12pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Fershone Steen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room - the ideal location for birthday parties, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Jensen 8778882121x
A word from TAP at MGM Grand Detroit
Eats. Drinks. Sports. Cheers. Welcome to Detroit"s newest old sports pub with 80+ menu items, 50+ beers, free WiFi and 30+ flat-screen televisions to catch all the game day action!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TAP at MGM Grand Detroit reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (12)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lions radio at TapRSCDateDined on 10/6/2014Good food, good Lions football discussion with Dan Miller, Glover Quin and Coach Caldwell via phone.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch not worth itMelmealsVIPDined on 10/5/2014The limited options on the buffet was not worth the $20 price. The omelet station was backed up and instead of eggs being poured into the pan syrup was mistakenly poured. Even after that the chef forgot to remake the omelet. The drinks also took a long time.Special Features:
- Lions Radio & Great FoodRSCDateDined on 9/29/2014The Lions radio show and great food. Love it! Yes really love it!Special Features:
- Sunday LunchChicagoVIPDined on 9/28/2014This is my 3rd time at TAP, and I am still waiting to receive outstanding service! Yes, the food is good, but it is a pub restaurant, we had 12:30 reservations and did not receive our beer for 15 minutes! Restaurant was not overly busy, but it was 3/4 full. Our server, when asked what beers were on TAP looked around like she was distracted and said "Oh you want a beer menu?' We wanted to see what beer was offered...that should be prominent on all tables, or on a chalkboard perhaps. She then suggested we order our food with our drink order. Anyway, food was good, service somewhat lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRSCDateDined on 9/22/2014Boneless rib sandwich and pizza was GREAT! Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Good food, horrible quantitycalamari2Dined on 7/3/2014good meal and fun restaurant. However, I ordered steak fajitas and was given 5 smalls strips of steak!!! Never have had less steak with a fajita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 79 reviews are from the TAP at MGM Grand Detroit reviews archive.
- Good food, horrible serviceSillyLionFanDined on 6/17/2014I have dined ay Tap 4 times. The food is always good but the service gets worse each time I am there. Not sure how they have not managed to get better over time. I enjoy going there but after this last visit, I am not sure I will return. We waited over 5 minutes to see a server, over 10 minutes for drinks and then one was wrong, another 10 minutes to order and then nearly 45 minutes for food and they were not busy at all. Hostess was rude too. We talked to the manager and he was of no help. It's time to hire better servers or put more time into training them.Special Features:
- Love it hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014We frequent here. The food is really good and they help accommodate you no matter your requests. They have tv's everywhere and I like that they take reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014Our server was wonderful and very accommodating to our toddler son.Special Features:
- Food has been going downhill.kruby377Dined on 4/22/2014I have been here enough to have tried nearly everything on the menu. However, as of late the quality of the cooked food has significantly dropped. I have been served nearly raw hamburgers and bad corned beef. However, when the staff is notified that something is not right, they make it right for you. I suggest going during dinner hours, the chef's seem to have a better game at night.Special Features:
- First time here.sandyDined on 4/1/2014We were at the casino, and wanted something to eat. I had all kinds of food to choose from. I had a burger and fries. My friend had a half sandwich and chili. They were both very good. We would go backSpecial Features:
- Lunch with FriendsTessieDined on 3/21/2014We recently celebrated a friends birthday at TAPS. This is a great place for a group to meet. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchChicagoVIPDined on 2/23/2014We were celebrating my Birthday with a lunch at TAP for 5 of us. The food was good, beer was cold, service could have been better. Our server was efficient, but no smiles or refills on our water or ice tea, just checked it we wanted more beer. Service is very important to the whole experience of going out to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MGM! Where I love to eat.BabyTVIPDined on 2/19/2014Never am I ever disappointed in the food. The choices are good. One thing to know is The spice style of your choice. I cannot handle anything that is even mildly hot. So I have to be careful of what I order. Well, not thinking, we ordered the salsa and chips as an appetizer. needless to say, I couldn't eat the salsa due to it being a bit more than mild. The waitress noticed that we did not eat it and asked if everything was ok. When I shared that it was too spicy she apologized and removed it from our bill. That was unexpected but well appreciated. The French onion soup was excellent as was the Michigan beer battered fish and chips. A job well done.Special Features:
- Good food great serviceSullyDined on 2/18/2014Fried mac and cheese is to die for, and the hamburgers and pizza are good if your less adventuresome. The service is A-One and the best reason for going.Special Features:
- Excellent food, not just forbhautamaDined on 2/16/2014Excellent food, not just for a sports bar, but for any restaurant. The boneless BBQ rib sandwich was just amazing. Fries weren't fried fresh just for us, but that's about as much as I can possibly nit-pick. Very solid meal and fine service.Special Features:
- Outstanding sports barSargeUSMCDined on 2/4/2014Loved the size of it. Lots of room to move, unlike most sports bars. The short rib chili was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boys night out before active dutyHiggs7BosonDined on 1/18/2014We all had a great time and the service was excellent. Our waitress was especially nice and friendly. My military friend had to return to active duty the next day and so everything worked out terrific. When he returns back to Michigan he wants to take his whole family to visit TAP. The ambiance is excellent and well designed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!kruby377Dined on 1/12/2014I have been here a ton! I have not really had any complaints about the food, it is always tasty. My favorite by far is the Baconfest sandwich! Mouthwateringly delicious!!! They have an excellent local beer selection on tap and bottle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sports, not for foodStanDined on 12/22/2013Tap is a great place for a few beers/drinks and watching the game. The food is OK. It's typical bar fare, but done exceptionally average. Alot of beer/drink selections and flat screens everywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Detroit Red Wings game mealSeasonedtrvlrDined on 11/27/2013In search of someplace new to eat before the Wings game, we headed over here. While there is no shuttle between MGM and JLA, cabs are easily available at the main door. Getting back was NOT as easy. Cabs were hard to find at JLA due to road closures for the upcoming Turkey Trot. (found a cab outside Cobo) p FOOD: great selection, and very good. Wife had Michigan beer battered fish while I had fish tacos- both were very good SERVICE: really good, but not exceptional. Craft beer lineup: one of the reasons I wanted to go here. They had a decent lineup, but not overlly impressive considering how much they advertise it.Special Features:
- Our waitress Karen was veryNightDined on 11/1/2013Our waitress Karen was very accommodating. Even though we had a couple of people arrive late, she was very understanding.Special Features:
- Food & Brew always a great match upJABCDined on 10/20/2013I've eaten here a couple of times and always enjoyed it. What impressed me most this time was that my kids ordered off the kids menu and they received real chicken tenders, meaning they were tenderloins battered and cooked on site FRESH! Not something that was frozen tossed in the fryer. That alone impressed me enough to recommend Tap to families in addition to a fun couples night out. Job well done MGM Grand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our 37th wedding anniversaryluvtoeatDined on 10/16/2013It was our 37th wedding anniversary and we were staying overnight at the MGM Grand Detroit ........they were very accommodating since we were a little late for our reservation....we enjoyed the ambiance and food and thought it was reasonably priced and portions were generous.... We had a great waiter Andrew who was very pleasant and knew the menu well when we asked questions..... We would definitely go back again and let others know.Special Features:
- Something for everyoneDebyRoxaneDined on 10/8/2013Took a friend here for a birthday lunch. The food was great and although they didn't have candles the birthday dessert was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon DelightKarenDined on 10/8/2013Met with in-laws for lunch. Service was quick. Food was great!! Ambiance was very relaxing. You could hear the machines in the casino humming. Might make this a monthly visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slowwwww less than average latelyreabunchDined on 10/6/2013Ive eaten here half dozen times gets worse each time porterhouse $44 and was less than 1/2" thick couldnt make med rare was iver 1" last 2 times.. id call it a cheap breakfast steak.. slow service but decently friend had reservation still 30m wait when place was 1/2 emptySpecial Features:
- The food is good!JudiDined on 9/22/2013Maybe surprising, but the food is good at TAP. We've been there twice with the same group of friends, and everyone was pleased with their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragerickysmoothDined on 9/22/2013Food was average. Not overly big portions for being a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicejennDined on 9/19/2013we had a great bartender RYAN!! he made it very fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAP - GREAT PLACE FOR LUNCH!MaxReboDined on 9/16/2013Reserved a table for 8 at the busy time (Noon). The table was ready and waiting for us at noon. Wait staff was very good. Food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tap lives up to its name!TravelGirlVIPDined on 9/15/2013For a sports bar in a casino the food at Tap is really good. Our server was delightful and did a great job considering we had eight people at our table. She kept track of what everyonce got and even broke out the checks for us - - food was delivered in shifts but that really wasn't her fault - she was cheerful, helpful and full of suggestions. Food was typical bar food but quality ingredients had been used and there was real attention to detail. Burgers were prepared as ordered and the nachos were covered in spicy ground beef, salsa and cheese. There wasn't a complaint from anyone and we all enjoyed the food. I can especially recommend the onion rings and the unique fried macaroni and cheese. Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good burgers and tons of beersRuppsDined on 8/27/2013had a Burger that was cooked perfect and how can you go wrong with the beer selection..Liked the sampler opportunity. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just want to get outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2013The food is good. The service is great. All the Tv screens with all the sports is great if you are sport fan. I love the beer sampler. Great price on Fri night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeDrewDined on 6/11/2013MGM Tap Sports Grill is a great place for casual dining. We took my son there for his 21st birthday. He drank his first beer from an inexpensive 4 beer sampler pack. Looks like he will not be a beer drinker after having the Stout. Little sad they don't do anything special for youngsters turning 21. Over all the food was great. My wife had the fish and chips - Great, my daughter have the 1/2 rack of ribs - loved them and she works at Famous Dave's - my son and I had the 12 ounce NY Strip - very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet of Filets....zilchDined on 6/10/2013I have dined at the Tap Room at least 6 times in the past eight months.......I have always ordered the filet......when I was at the Tap Room on June 10th, of course I ordered the filet..........much to my disappointment the filet was a tad fatty.......I did share my disappointment with the waitress who said she would pass my info to the chef....... Other than that I thought everything else was great......when will you be adding like a cheesy biscuit to the menut?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like tapsterryDined on 6/2/2013i prefer taps to the buffet and breeze. it's cheaper and the food is better tasting. wish it had carryouts. we love the french onion soup, eventhough the last time we were there is was a little shy on the cheese.Special Features:
- Great casual eve outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/22/2013Nice for couples with men who want to stay connected to the sport world.Special Features:
- Our service was poor. NeverFreddyDined on 5/12/2013Our service was poor. Never came back around for refills or to ask us how our dinner was. Came for Mother's Day and was expecting better service. Waitress only took food order and didn't see her again until needed receipt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmosphere, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/22/2013Love the atmosphere, however our service was extremely slow. I would sit at the bar next time.