10840 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90024Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tanzyrestaurant.com/westwood
- Phone: (310) 307-3004
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11am to 4pm
Dinner 4pm to 10:30pm
Brunch 11am to 3pm
Dinner 4pm to10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bryan Podgorski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Make your next social event or party extraordinary.
Let Tanzy’s genuine hospitality, artisanal Italian cuisine and outstanding Westwood location in the heart of Los Angeles, be the premier choice for your next social or corporate event. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner, social lunch, a weekend brunch affair, or an executive outing up to 150 guests, Tanzy offers the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable dining experience.
Inquire about special rates for private parties in our signature Cocoon Lounge. Our skilled team will take care of all the details. Contact our Sales Manager.
A word from Tanzy
Offering fresh and flavorful dishes where ingredients are the star, our approach to artisanal Italian cuisine makes Tanzy a unique addition to the Los Angeles dining scene. The natural bounty of California mingles with choice Italian imports for a memorable culinary escape on your plate, accompanied by fresh-squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, handcrafted cocktails and a stellar boutique wine list.Continued
Join us for lunch, dinner, late-night dining or weekend brunch. Take an alluring culinary journey with us -- the perfect spot for a power lunch, a romantic dinner or a night on the town.
Join us for lunch, dinner, late-night dining or weekend brunch. Take an alluring culinary journey with us -- the perfect spot for a power lunch, a romantic dinner or a night on the town.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tanzy reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)romantic (15)good for groups (14)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (12)special occasion (11)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Beautiful DecorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We don't drink so we opted for the non-alcoholic beverages which were delicious. The appetizer was great, probably the best meatballs I've ever had. I really enjoyed my meal, my husband didn't love his, the beef was good but he didn't care for the Risotto. I had a pasta dish with turkey it was very flavorful. The desert was VERY good, we had the chocolate one and it came with icecream and cookie which was a nice surprise. Overall, great experience. The decor was gorgeous, the service was exceptional, I felt like the server really did a great job and was really friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 11/20/2014Music was terrible. Food portions small. We ordered the Halibut, and it was just ordinary. We would not go back. Might be a good lunch spot. You can hear the road noise from Wilshire Blvd, and also noise from people entering the theater. Overpriced. Special apple soup was really good.Special Features:
- Tanzy not as impressive in WestwoodWillSing4SupperDined on 11/9/2014I've been to Tanzy before at a different iPic location. I was really expecting the same exceptional service and quality as I had in Scottsdale, AZ. However, the server wasn't very attentive at all. The bus boy did most of the work, however, we had to ask him multiple times for obvious things, ie water, spoon, refills. The pork chop was on special and was very good. The red snapper also on special was tasty but was over powered by the balsamic lentils beneath surrounding it. The snapper dish needs to be rethought. The kale salad was delicious. For the price, I definitely expected a finer dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food; didn't like the theaterAbigailVIPDined on 11/8/2014Tanzy is attached to the iPic theater. We had a terrific dining experience at the Restaurant. The food was great. They were very responsive to our needs. Unfortunately, we went there preceding our iPic movie experience. The theater is not a good experience.Special Features:
- Overpriced UnderwhelmedNYC2LADined on 11/7/2014Pros: The Wine list is killer and they have some great reds by the glass, we tried two reds a Pinot and a Cab which were both great. Also the cheese plate was a great way to start the meal. Cons: The service is slow and our waitress was under informed. She had to run back to the kitchen to check on numerous things (1) Composition of the seafood platter, daily specials ext. Also I don't know if this is the norm but they were out of numerous items because of an especially busy lunch. Also we ended up ordering the seafood platter which was most definitely a mistake although the oysters were fine the crab had most certainly be frozen. All and all the meal was fine, but for the price tag I would expect better service and quality.Special Features:
- IPICChristmasDined on 10/25/2014Great pre- and post movie dining at IPIC in Westwood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/19/2014The food is delicious, though the portions are a bit small for what you're paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- esilvadeDined on 10/11/2014We saw a movie in the late afternoon and it was a perfect place to have dinner. The interiors are gorgeous. Excellent service. And the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Perfect dinner dateDJnCJVIPDined on 10/4/2014We only came to this restaurant because it was convenient to ipic Westwood where we were going to see a movie. We will DEFINITELY return even if we aren't coming to see a show! The lounge are was perfect to sit by the firepits and have drinks or appetizers. Our waiter was very attentive, saw to all our needs and the food and drinks were absolutely delicious! The portions were perfect and we both took home food that we ate for lunch the next day! It is a bit pricey, however well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spot for allOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014They carry a fantastic election of excellent healthy drinks, and the movies are nearbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAllinGoodFunDined on 9/27/2014food was delicious.. and the bottomless strawberry mimosas are key, but they more you get the less and less champagne they use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SupportTanzybringthecaprettoVIPDined on 9/24/2014Westwood Village finally has a restaurant where ingredients are selected and treated with respect and the chef's ambition to provide delicious and interesting food is finding considerable success. The wine list is well chosen and fairly priced, and on Wednesdays bottles are sold at a 50% discount. It is definitely a place to try.Special Features:
- Why bother to ask?BinkyVIPDined on 9/21/2014We decided to give Tanzy a try as it's next to the movie theater we were going to. We mentioned that we had a movie to make to the hostess (who asked what movie it was, for some reason) and who promised the information would be given to our server. The restaurant was fairly empty and our meals very simple but, of course, we had to ask twice for the entry and wound up wolfing it done to get to the film on time. The server said he was never told the time but given the restaurant shares a lobby with the theater, you would think he would ask. Very disappointing.
- Perfect Pre-Movie Meal!UopmissyDined on 9/21/2014The decor is so chic! I met a friend for brunch and it was good. I had the chicken and waffles and she had the 3 egg breakfast. My dish was good. The waffles have bacon and chives in the batter which makes for an interesting taste. The waiter compared it to Roscoes but there is no comparison. Both are good yet unrelated in taste. My friend liked her 3 egg breakfast; however, she was a bit disappointed in the portion size particularly the potatoes. I will say the bottomless strawberry mimosas are amazing and bit dangerous. They're so yummy you may lose track of how many you've had until you rise to go to the restroom ;). All in all it was good meal.Special Features:
- Love Tanzy!DanielleVIPDined on 9/14/2014Tanzy is such a great restaurant. It is special enough for a special occasion or group event, but comfortable and accessible enough to eat multiple times a week. Whether I'm coming in before or after a movie at iPic Theaters next door, or making it a destination unto itself, I always have a great time here.Special Features:
- Great find!GreatVIPDined on 8/29/2014This spot isn't only great because it's located next to an iPic theater, but on its own, Tanzy is one hell of a restaurant! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Restaurant but DisappointingRichrVIPDined on 8/22/2014We went to Tanzy prior to seeing a movie at iPic. We ordered wine, salad and pasta. The salad that I ordered (the Tanzy salad) was very, very salty, my wife's salad (the Tuscan Kale) was over dressed. She ordered the linguine-white wine with steamed clams which was flavorless, and I had the the Pappardelle which was delicious. Although the restaurant was not crowded, we had to ask for things (olive oil, extra bread sticks, pepper for the salad) several times before we got them. I hope that the poor service was because the restaurant has just recently opened.
- HUNGER GAMESHungerGamesDined on 8/16/2014Waited all day expecting a good meal. Anticipation was well worth the wait. The food was excellent. My friend had a beer - cold and delicious! The waiter was accommodating, knowledgeable and fun. The atmosphere was very pleasant.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Tanzy reviews archive.
- A Hidden GemLaineyODined on 7/24/2014While it is not easy to find at first glance, if you take a minute and look for it, you will not be disappointed. The menu has some great selections. The restaurant is part of DINE LA and it was especially fun to try the Lunch options. I have been to this location for dinner as well and it does get crowded, so you should make a reservation. It is also a nice addition to the theatre next door - just make sure to tell your waiter that you are seeing a show, so they serve you quickly. If you can't get to the locations for DINE LA, then try the Executive Lunch, it is a lot of tasty food for a reasonable lunch price. :-)Special Features:
- TanzycatmomVIPDined on 7/22/2014We had lunch. It was very empty. The decor is rather odd with what look like intertwined branches or deer antlers all over the walls and ceiling. The food was good although nothing special. It was blessedly quiet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tanzy seems promising...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014While I didn't love the decor and ambiance, which felt lost somewhere between trendy bar and fine dining, the food was good. The servings are small. We shared a plate of pasta (seriously, small), the halibut, roasted potatoes, the corn side and gelato. The corn dish was the standout. I'd come again--on an expense account. The service was attentive.
- Upscale Dining w/ EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014You wouldn't expect to find this level of service and food connected to a movie theater. The meal was amazing and the wine selection is extensive with a very knowledgeable staff to help guide you through their selections.Special Features:
- New hang out.Glenda91367VIPDined on 7/20/2014We had dinner here on Sunday after our matinee at the Geffen. This is one of the few restaurants that opens early, so it is great for pre or post theatre dining. I had the delicious half lobster appetizer and the three course cured meat. My entrée was linguine with white clam sauce. All courses were tasty and served timely. My husband had the buffala mozzarella salad and the steak. He said the salad was creamy and delicious. The $45.00 steak was filled with fat and he was only able to eat about half of it. He pointed it out to our to the waiter, who took it away and showed it to the chef. We were then comped for both of our desserts which I thought to be good customer service. exerience. I would recommend it and we will return.Special Features:
- Good Food, Ambiance. Bad ServicehungryDined on 7/19/2014The food is excellent. The restaurant is beautiful. We waited 30 minutes before receiving bread. The wait staff brought our pastas and completely forgot about the appetizers we ordered. We'd been sitting for an hour. I asked that the pastas be brought at the same time. The wait staff seems to be rushing around the restaurant doing nothing. They rarely came to check on us and ask if we needed anything. A waiter brought my husband another drink, but ignored me. We were anxious to make a screening time at the theater. Considering the restaurant is attached to the iPic theaters, you'd think they'd be more aware of efficient service.Special Features:
- Great meal before movieAliciaVIPDined on 7/12/2014The wine service was outstanding. The sommelier was very versed in wines and willing to let us sample a few different cans and super tuscans. Food was tasty with a modern twist. The portions seemed at first small but avtually very satisfying amd fillingI would recommend this to a friend.
- good food nice atmosphereDannDined on 7/10/2014The food was good, however a little more seafood would be preferred. Overall very nice atmosphere and a good spot for a group, Great spot to watch peopleSpecial Features:
- Good food, good atmospheredirapazDined on 7/8/2014I enjoyed my experience. The portions are not to big or too small except for the salads. But it is a bit pricey, more than you would expect. It would be better if they had a happy hour of some sort though.Special Features:
- Been there twiceSalvoVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very convenient for us, as we live walking distance from it. Service has been pretty bad both times to where we were comped dessert for our troubles. Food is good but inconsistent. The Cesar salad was terrible, it had no shaved Parmesan, we had to ask for it, the lettuce was not fresh and the dressing was tasteless. The white seabass was very good. The pasta was good. I believe they have growing pains and hope that this improves, because the place has potential. We'll give them a third try but that would be it if not better. Can't recommend to a friend just yet. We brought friends the first time and were embarrassed by the poor service.
- Fancy but food is just OKFineshmekerDined on 6/23/2014A lot of hype and some highlights. The octopus is amazing and some of the pastas are excellent. Other dishes, however, were just OK. It is priceySpecial Features:
- Amazing brunchDinelotsDined on 6/21/2014Brunch is a real treat here, so glad we came! If you are looking for a buffet, this is not the place for you. They have a great mix of breakfast & lunch items to choose from. Luckily there were enough of us that we were able to try a few options. Don't miss the Tanzy Mary to start, super tasty with basil infused vodka. We loved the house made banana nut muffins, nice and moist! We also enjoyed: the corned beef hash (hand cut, the best hash we've ever had), French toast with caramelized pears (was to die for!), chicken & waffles (were amazing), and the gravlax (needs no explanation). Both the food and bar have very fresh, artisanal ingredients-hard to choose. The servers are very friendly and do a great job with recommendations. Coming back!Special Features:
- Great detailsDiningAdventuresDined on 6/18/2014We had such a lovely experience, it was an amazing meal. They really put a lot of thought into all aspects-right down to the infused water they offer, which was so refreshing-great detail. The cocktails are unique and made with various infusions, wanted to try all of them; but narrowed it down (have some picked already for next trip). The food was fantastic, we enjoyed dinner family style to try multiple dishes-was also hard narrowing them down too: the Cauliflower (wish it was that good growing up), Beef Carpaccio (great with the mushroom & arugula), Pork Belly Salad (Yum), Bacatini (don't miss this one), Strozzapreti, Halibut and New York. Not much room for dessert after all this, but the Panna Cotta and Tiramisu were both worth it!Special Features:
- Complete PackagedinelotsDined on 6/17/2014This place is the complete package! They did an outstanding job covering design and ambiance all the way through to food and beverage. Often times, one area is gets the highlight, but not here. The service team is welcoming and friendly. No matter your comfortability with Italian cuisine they make you feel right at home and are knowledgeable. The juice program here is a nice touch, healthy and delicious! The food is fantastic, they say "artisanal" and it shows. Combine all of this with a movie after, then cocktails fireside? Sold! We'll be returning for sure!Special Features:
- We'll be repeat visitors!NeighborDined on 6/16/2014My girlfriends and I work nearby & were really excited to come for lunch. Both food & service were outstanding! All ingredients here-right down to the bar are well thought out & extremely fresh. The Asparagus & Prosciutto is decadent & creamy. The Meatballs have a fluffy quality to them, so good. They are made in house & have a nice blend of meats resulting in their consistency. The Yellowfin Tuna was cooked perfectly-& I'm a pushover for fennel. We are particular about desserts-they do a great job here! Tiramisu is made in house with a tiny twist-it's really amazing. The chocolate torte is incredible-dark chocolate, salted caramel & light banana gelato are a fantastic combination! Glad we work so close, coming back to try out the fire pit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coming back soon, great find!MadisonDined on 6/13/2014Came for dinner, this restaurant is beautifully done! The juice menu is fantastic-it's nice order an adult beverage that is good for you too! The menu choices all look amazing, the service team was outstanding and extremely helpful as it's difficult to choose. We tried a several things: Octopus- super tender and tasty, Cesar Salad-one of the best I've had-the dressing was super rich with out being to heavy, Burrata Salad-super creamy and the basil seed dressing beautiful and tasty, Salmon-was amazing, Sea Bass delectable; fish was cooked perfectly in both dishes, and the Pappardelle-the sauce was so good we nearly licked the plate! Can't wait to come back, already have some dishes picked out to try-cheese and salumi plates will be a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night dinner/movie experienceWoodsyVIPDined on 6/11/2014While the food was average, the ambiance and location are perfect (located inside the iPic theatre complex). Very convenient for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Great ambience, nice atmosphere. Five star service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale & delicious!mapleDined on 6/7/2014Within walking distance from southeast side of UCLA. Our table ordered the roast chicken which was nicely moist (brined perhaps?), a filet mignon, and the short ribs. All were very well prepared and flavorful. All entrees were also generously portioned. Also had the green beans and brussel sprouts vegetable sides which were both good. Especially loved the grilled octopus appetizer! Even those who were not octopus fans agreed it was tasty. They were out of an ordered juice but offered instead a different one on the house which was nice. There is a bar area with screens for watching sports and separate fire pit seating area for drinks & appetizers that looked very chic. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 6/7/2014Tanzy just opened and is still working the kinks out. How it be out of a particular wine being offered by the glass is beyond me. Seafood dishes were ok if one prefers a heavy dose of squeezed lemon.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/2/2014Too much salt in everything. Staff interrupting constantly filling up water glass. Enough already! Limited menu. Everything was wet. Squid was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe to new?wjk1Dined on 6/1/2014Was seated at a nice cozy table. Ordered a glass of wine and champagne. Champagne was poured into the table wine glass. Not really the way to do it. Asked bartender for champagne flute. Was given the specials and told that they were out of the chicken and a pasta dish. This was at 5:30 on a Sunday. Said that they were overwhelmed 2 nites before. My wife and I ordered a salad, and I order a pasta dish and my wife ordered a side. Everything was brought out at once. Not really expected to be served that way. Had a desert and then off to the movie. Food was good but portion size was small and kinda expensive for the size. Note to self, if going to movie, skip the dinner and eat in your seat especially if you get the premium seats as we did.Special Features: