50 N. La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tanzore.com/
- Phone: 3106523838
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 Days a Week. Lunch served Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Sunday Champagne Brunch: 11:30am-3:00pm Bar/Lounge Open: 5:30pm - 1:00am Daily Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:30pm -10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Executive Chef: Jayant Paul
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call Special Events Director Nikki Sood at 818-512-8888. We are the exclusive caterer for Ritz-Carlton Marina Del Rey. We can provide catering for events op to 1000 pp.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant has 4 different areas to host any type of large or small event, experienced event planners can design and implement all your event needs. We can service all your audio/visual, decorations, balloons, centerpieces, party favors and more.
- Private Party Contact: Nikki Sood 8779251780
- Entertainment: SPECIALS
Daily Lunch Buffet 11:30 - 2:30pm | $10.95 pp
Champagne Buffet Brunch Sundays 11:30 -3pm
- Special Events: Valentine' Day, Mother's Day, Fathers'Day, Diwali Festival November, & Holiday Specials always running! Sunday Champagne Brunch Buffet - $19.95
Fashion & Bollywood Videos play nightly on our large wall sized screens.
A word from Tanzore
Recently named one of Los Angeles Magazines BEST 75 Restaurants! Sleek. Modern. Sexy. This is Tanzore, the spectacular Modern Indian Restaurant located on La Cienega’s famed Restaurant Row. With an impressive menu that plays upon the blending of California’s seasonal, farmers’ market-driven ingredients, with traditional Indian flavors creating a modern sensibility. Tanzore offers contemporary twists on classic recipes. Its 2000-bottle wine cellar and the primary dining area are marked by the ripples of an “Egyptian Tub” that floats through the middle of the room. The ambience is at once chic and elegant with subtle reflections of Indian culture. The bar and lounge space are trimmed in a luxurious hand selected white marble from India, set against a giant wall of video featuring fashion, travelogs, and of course, the latest Bollywood extravaganzas. Tanzore also offers the Haveli Room, as its private dining space. Special Event Private Rooms for 25 - 350 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tanzore reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good meal...if you have the timeAndyVIPDined on 11/3/2013The food was good. Having underestimated Indian food spice levels in the past, we choose to go with Medium. Probably should've chosen Mild, as it was still a bit hot and our drinks were empty. This is the reason for the 2 Stars for Service. There was one server working the entire restaurant and she was overwhelmed with 10 tables at the same time. Others were trying to help out, but our dining experience took around two and a half hours (app, entree, and dessert) and much of that time was spent with empty glasses (my biggest pet peeve when dining out).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you NatashaAselaCDined on 10/25/2013Tanzore was awesome as always, Natasha was just perfect, took care of every detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is the main problem.DanielVIPDined on 10/5/2013It's not attentive or friendly. It's so quiet you have to whisper. No vibe whatsoever. Food was ok it's such a beautiful space it's a shame that mamagement can't get their act together. Over priced. No valet.
- Always a great night out!MerCysVIPDined on 9/18/2013We're return diners to Tanzore and mostly with guests. The menu is enticing as is the decor, so we always look good. The restaurant often has large events in the Gaylord room with our night being no exception. In spite of this, the chef still kept up in quality and timing the dishes out - not an easy feat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2013Went to Tanzore on a 1st date, great romantic setting and place, quiet, and the food was amazing. The food is very authentic and just melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- These idiots cheated me outpalmbchpchDined on 8/14/2013These idiots cheated me out of 1000 points. I showed up with two friends spent a lot of money in their restaurant and they didnt record me as having completed my reservation - beware!! Now with open tables 2 week policy, it is to late to dispute this!! Take notice!!
- Sunday Brunch was a delight!MerCysVIPDined on 8/11/2013Everyone knows how important selecting a casual brunch location can be when you are meeting with people who made a great effort to come to your side of town, in particular when you know one person really well and have not a clue about their spouse. The decor immediately puts you at ease, at the same time you feel a bit special to be dining there. I've never had a chance to enjoy the Sunday brunch before, but was comfortable enough from previous dining experiences there to know their Chef could only please our palettes. Brunch did not disappoint one bit. The buffet was varied enough that our vegetarian guests had a large selection, while others enjoyed the excellent Tandoori Chicken as well as the lamb. We loved the attentive service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2013From the moment we arrived to leaving, this was a very pleasant experience. Service was top notch and the food was the best Indian we had enjoyed in a long time. Totally recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average food, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2013Restaurant was nothing to write home about. Luckily we came here when they had a promotion for half off entire dinner menu. The food service was very slow though we were one of 3 tables in the entire restaurant. I feel the food is way overpriced. I ordered saag paneer and baby eggplant and the portion size was the size of a side order, but the price was was about 13 to 18 dollars each. And they charge $5 for a small bowl of jasmine rice. I definitely don't mind paying for $100 per person meals, but this place is not worth it. They don't offer anything special than what you could find at a cheap local spot (though they do offer many meat friendly entees). I would possibly return for brunch because it's a decently priced buffet.
- Overpriced IndianeatforfourDined on 7/14/2013Had better . Ya it's Beverly Hills thus price reflected.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the Methi Garlic fishDandSVIPDined on 7/12/2013Enjoyed the Methi Garlic fish and the vegetable platter. Salad is large enough to share. As and added surprise, they were celebrating their 6th anniversary and all food on menu was 50% off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2013Their good is amazing & their decor is beautiful. Overall, complete package. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2013As I said it before and will say it again. An incredible Indian RestaurantSpecial Features:
- a hit and missdasmarekDined on 6/27/2013Went there on a Thursday night with two friends (one Indian). Had the Maharaja appetizer which was not enough for the three of us to share;. I had sea bass which had a truly tasty sauce but I could tell that the fish was defrosted. My Indian friend asked for a dish that was a mix of curry rice and lamb cubes... called Birya I think. He really did not like it. He had a serving and then left the rest. My other friend had lamb chops which he said were too dry.. The service was ok. our water glasses were empty most of the meal and had to ask the waitress to refill them. If it were not so expensive I probably would go back and asked for a fish dish some day in the future.Special Features:
- Great Indian FoodPeterDined on 6/22/2013If you have the time to get some properly cooked Indian food, you should definitely go here. It takes some time to get the food, however it is totally worth it. Amazing curries. We tried both Methi Garlic Fish and Indian Spicy Kashmiri Lamb Curry and they are a heavenly experience. Goes well with their excellent Garlic Naan bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place rocked the menu!MerCysVIPDined on 6/20/2013Tanzore's cuisine is worthy of it's home on the city's Restaurant Row. The interior is simple, elegant and heady all at the same time. Truly a dining experience of the senses. The venue's website states "Tanzore wants you to evoke your senses, savor the spices and enjoy the journey of India Modern Cuisine." This is not the words of an internet braggart. We enjoyed every moment of being there, including our early arrival prior to opening, which could have been very awkward. Instead we were made to feel at home and taken care of through out the evening. Personally, I was grateful for a menu design which clearly showed vegetarian and non-vegetarian selections. I was able to relax and not feel as if I had to guide my family.Special Features:
- Delicious meal, great ServiceRushmoreVIPDined on 6/16/2013Beautifully prepared food, in a relaxing environment . Helpful attentive service. Great variety, smaller tasty portions. The only negative is that it's pricey.Special Features:
- This is my favorite Upscale IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2013...restaurant in LA. It is right up there with East India Grill in Portland, OR and reminds me of home. Great drinks and food pairings. The only thing that would make this place better is where to go after if you are on a date. Not the most walkable place. Watch out, if you want it spicy you have to tell them. They will make it mild by default.Special Features:
- Always Great Dining at TanzoreMarkInLAVIPDined on 5/27/2013Tanzore is a great Indian restaurant with excellent food and drinks. We love going to Tanzore for a more upscale Indian food experience.Special Features:
- Great Food !!MridulVIPDined on 5/25/2013I Found the food to be great, and Ambience was great too !! I was on a long weekend trip there, and the service was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant with Good FoodTexas75Dined on 5/24/2013Tanzore had some tasty food with good ambiance. Not the fastest service for a slow night but it was acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the costOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013We went to the Mother's Day Brunch. Checking first to be sure that there were Vegan options...at the set price, the options were not nearly up to par for the expense and no deserts were Vegan. Very disappointed.
- Really good food. Cool space.JDSLAVIPDined on 5/4/2013Really good food. Cool space. Small portions. Service was inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but considerablyRyanVIPDined on 4/20/2013Great food, but considerably more expensive than I had anticipated for the portion sizes.
- We really enjoyed our visitdisappointedDined on 4/13/2013We really enjoyed our visit to Tanzore although we had a Groupon and we felt it was still expensive. The food and service was good but I am not sure that the food was that different from other Indian restaurants to merit the high price (although I guess it is Beverly Hills). Their wine list was good and, although we both had house wines, it was good quality wine, not plonk, and we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Gotta check this gem out!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/12/2013This was great Indian food - very authentic and modern. Tastes were just lovely!Special Features:
- Fantstic food. The Sea BassOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2013Fantstic food. The Sea Bass may be the greatest dish I have ever had. The restaurant decor is tired. And server was unsophisticated and unattentive.
- You have to like Indian foodRuthEDined on 4/11/2013You have to like Indian food - a LOT. An attractive and interesting place. Service was excellent, very nice waitress who carefully explained every dish. Large portions. A pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- The food at Tanzore is verypbswordgirlDined on 4/7/2013The food at Tanzore is very good but rather overpriced for the portions that are served. The tandoori lamb chops and saag paneer were standouts. Service for the first half of dinner was attentive but our server was hard to find when we wanted to get the check and leave.Special Features:
- Very Disappointing ServiceJazzHoundDined on 4/4/2013The food and ambiance were fine, but we had the worst service I've ever had in a "fine dining" restaurant. We were seated at a table set for four, but the extra place settings were never removed. The waitress disappeared for long periods of time, and when she drifted by, she never made eye contact to see if we needed anything - and we did. She came back and apologized for her tardiness, then disappeared again! Finally, she disappeared for so long after we finished eating our entrees – whose plates were never cleared – that I had to find a bartender and request a desert menu. Then she calculated our bill incorrectly. A very disappointing first visit to a restaurant whose many awards left us expecting better.Special Features:
- Fantastic Atmosphere!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/1/2013The restaurant was GORGEOUS and the food delicious. We arrived early so naturally the place was quiet. No one else showed up until we were already an hour into our meal. I do feel that it was just a tad smidge teensie bit overpriced for the size of portions you receive. However the staff was involved and more than polite. They have a lounge area on the opposite side of the dinning room which looks like its a jam during happy hurs and weekends. One thing to keep in mind is that it seems as though they only do valet parking on weekends when they're more busy (we went on a Monday just as they opened for dinner) so when you do the self-parking option in the building's underground lot, YOU MUST HAVE CASH. It's $4.50 flat. Not too bad.Special Features:
- The food was delicious...soOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2013The food was delicious...so much flavor. Our waitress was top notch. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Tanzore has the finest IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013Tanzore has the finest Indian Cuisine in town. The food is outstanding and so is the service.Special Features:
- Very clean and quick serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2013Very clean and quick service ... The owner was incredibly friendly!Special Features:
- Good dinner, but skip desertFoodieGiantVIPDined on 3/13/2013Overall the food is good. Service is a bit slow. If you order desert, stick to a warm dish. The other dishes seem to be frozen until ready to serve, so the mousse or pear are too cold or nearly frozen. Go with dinner but skip desert unless you have it during lunch (when the pastry chef is presumably still there and has not put the deserts on ice for the dinner shift).Special Features:
- The drinks were really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013The drinks were really good - possibly the best cocktails I have ever had! The chicken dishes were perfectly tender and delicious. The salad (sort of like a chopped Greek salad) and rice were excellent, the naan left something to be desired. The ambiance is lovely, the restaurant is smaller than I had imagined though. The 2 person booths are very cozy. I think the service is probably usually good but we had an odd waiter who was not friendly and at times not quite courteous either.Special Features:
- Great food...loved the ambiance!LoveBHDined on 3/2/2013Great food...loved the ambiance! Great for a date night or girls night out. Will be coming back! Try the Chicken Tikka, and the Lassi, yummy!Special Features:
- Service was really poor andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Service was really poor and painfully slow. It appeared that the staffing was low and hence poor service.
- Loved the food. Loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Loved the food. Loved the ambiance, hated the prices. Paying extra for Naan was a bit ridiculous.Special Features:
- Had a great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/7/2013Had a great dining experience here, amazing Indian food and I'm very picky about my Indian food. Loved this place. Would definitely recommend it to all my friends and family.Special Features: