Tantric Indian Bistro
123 Stuart Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Tantric Indian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tantricbistro.com/
- Phone: 6173678742
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Sat & Sun Noon - 3:30pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: South Indian, Vegetarian / Vegan, Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater for in-house parties, business meetings and house parties. We offer regional Indian cuisine including Parsi, Bengali and Indochinese dishes as well as traditional favorites. Whatever your tastes we can cater your special occasion either as a special event at Tantric or in your home or office. To discuss your catering or private party please Contact Mary or Manoj at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Our capacity is 100+ which includes a contemporary elegant main dining area and bar and a semi private room which seats 16-18. In the summer months we also have outdoor patio seating. We host private birthday, graduation, bachelor/bachelorette, engagement, bridal & baby showers, business training events, retirement parties and other socials. Maybe you want to throw a private party for your friends and customize every detail to your tastes. Whatever the special occasion we at Tantric will take the utmost care that it is a memorable day or evening for you and your guests. We use our audio system to customize the music you and your guests want to hear. We also offer a flat screen TV for video images for your party or business meeting. We offer Tantric to nonprofit organizations for their events and give a % of the event's sales back to the nonprofit for their community endeavors.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Sen 5082915055
- Cross Street: Tremont Street
- Public Transit: Green Line Boylston Street Stop Walk Down Tremont to corner to Stuart Take a Right on Stuart we are 3 doors down on the right
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking On Street or Nearby at the Radisson Hotel Parking Lot one block away or at the Boston Common Garage 2.5 blocks away
A word from Tantric Indian Bistro
Tantric India Bistro is a vibrant, contemporary restaurant serving authentic Indian food in Boston’s lively theater district. Dishes have been carefully selected to tantalize and delight the senses. The flavorful food dances on the tongue but is not hot and spicy. The menu features regional dishes from north to south and east to west showcasing India’s rich culinary heritage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tantric Indian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (13)romantic (13)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014It is hard to find good Indian restaurants. This is surely one of those great finds. The combination of spices and food was delicate and enjoyable. We have already recommended it to others and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tantric Bistro great for pretheaterZindergirlDined on 8/8/2014Tantric Bistro took great care of us for our pretheater dinner. Ambiance was lovely for meeting a friend from out of town. The food was good and the service excellent. Would definitely go there again for a pre or post theater meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly prepared foodKellyIVIPDined on 7/31/2014Generally I like the taste of Indian food, but it is usually too spicy for me (I'm a spice wimp). The chef in this case gave me all the wonderful tastes without the heat. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal!Special Features:
- full bar, decent foodksgshmoopsVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is pretty much the only Indian restaurant I have been to in Boston that has a full bar which is a huge plus. Great drink menu with some nice options! Get the goat cheese and rosemary naan, delicious! Chicken curry was just okay, as was the boy's lamb korma. Atmosphere is lacking, a little dingy, but that is pretty typical of Indian restaurants I think. I would come back if the right occasion came up, but I have definitely had better Indian food in Boston.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly awesomeraviVIPDined on 7/28/2014I in general hate Indian food at most places they add lots of fats and creams or use poor meat cuts The lunch we had had the best tandoori outside India and the lamb was lean cuts with perfect seasoning Everything done perfectSpecial Features:
- So So foodFoodiedesiDined on 7/27/2014I had the bhel puri, which was just OK, the keema samosa which was very good, the garlic naan which was too chewy and the curry chicken which was good. I ordered mild and the food was mild so that was good. Service was polite and prompt. I went on a Monday night and the place was moderately busy.Special Features:
- a nice indian restaurantboo82Dined on 7/20/2014friendly and helpful service, nice selection of food at a good price - i'll come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodChemgeekDined on 6/7/2014Good food, nice selection, and some good dishes you don't always find at other Indian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014very good food and fantastic service, excellent options for vegetatian diners. Good cocktails, nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably deliciousLloydVIPDined on 5/30/2014The tandoori chicken must be the best in Boston--succulent, fresh, perfectly cooked, and plentiful. The tomato based sauce that accompanies it here is an exceptional comdiment. The food here is always good. The servidce is excellent--considerate and helpful. This time tried the lamb-skewere appetizer and while it was extremely tasty, the meat itself was a little tough and chewy. The only other time I had any reservation about the food at Tantric was with the lamb saag, where the lamb itself was gristly. So I will come back often, but will stick to the chicken and vegeable dishes, which have never let me down.Special Features:
- Theatre District Indian Food!RobertDined on 5/23/2014We quite enjoyed dinner here on a Friday night, before a show. Service was very good, staff was very friendly and helpful, and even allowed us to see how a tandoor oven works. Chicken Korma was great, garlic naan incredible. Attractive restaurant in a great spot not far from Boston Common and many theatres. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceLuv2dineDined on 5/23/2014The buffet choice is very limited and the food is somewhat Americanized. Curries were sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Delicious food at a good price for the area. Authentic indian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysLloydVIPDined on 5/17/2014[Tantric may very well be the best Indian restaurant in the Boston area. Never disappointing. This time I tried a dish I hadn't had before--the chicken saag. Delicious large pieces of very fresh chicken in a perfectly blended spinach sauce. I generally like my Indian food spicy, but I was sharing the dish with a friend who prefers mild. But this was so tasty and thoroughly satisfying, I didn't miss the heat. And once again, as always, the service was unusually thoughtful and considerate. This is one of the rare restaurants in the theater district that doesn't merely cater to the tourist.Special Features:
- Great Pre Theatre ChoiceFoodiemomDined on 5/17/2014I made a reservation here for dinner before going to the Boston Ballet. There was a great selection of food choices. Everybody enjoyed what they ordered and the food was served quickly. We all enjoyed dinner and our evening at the Ballet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodZoeTDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our meal! The food was delicious with just enough spice to it. When we're in town again we will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Very goodJimsonoDined on 5/9/2014Definitely will go back, waitress was very nice, checked when our show time was, so that we wouldn't be lateI would recommend this to a friend.
- overall excellencejunelaurelDined on 5/9/2014Attentive, friendly service, great cocktail selection, and utterly delicious food. Definitely my first choice for the theatre district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/9/2014we have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed by the food, drinks and service; this time we brought friends who thoroughly enjoyed their meal as well.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysLloydVIPDined on 5/7/2014Tantric is really one of the very best Indian restaurants in Boston. The food and service are consistently excellent. I'm never disappointed. Everything seems fresh--no cardboard chicken here. And teh spices are teasty and not generic. If you're in the theater district and like Indian cuisine, this is a gem.Special Features:
- The following 470 reviews are from the Tantric Indian Bistro reviews archive.
- Very good Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014I enjoyed dining at Tantric. It was not my first time there and it will not be my last. Having enjoyed Indian food for years, it is rated on the top of my list for really good Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealMichelleDined on 4/25/2014Our group of 6 shared 7 different dishes and they were all delicious. I have been wanting to try Tantric for a while and I am so glad we did! I t was also a great value. Thank you.
- Nice pre-theatre mealWallysDadDined on 4/12/2014We had a nice quick meal at the Tantric Indian Bistro before going to the theatre, which was conveniently close by. The Mango chicken was very good. We didn't like the lamb choyala appetizer as much. The service was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived with sufficientdebbieDined on 4/12/2014We arrived with sufficient time to get to theatre. after we sat down , we did not order drinks so the waiter did not return for 20 minutes. We had to get up and ask for service which thereafter was good and attentive. The mild selections were tasteless but others were wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place to EatEthicalVeganDined on 4/5/2014The food is good, the location convenient (right in Boston) and the staff very attentive. I was seated immediately with my reservation. The decor was pleasing and interesting. However, the room could have been a little more cozy and warm, and a little bit less like a cafeteria, perhaps by adding some interesting dividers and extending the carpet to the bar area for starters... Also, it would be helpful to more clearly mark on the menu which foods are vegan so you wouldn't have to ask 20 questions about the ingredients of each dish. Or, better still, the restaurant should go all vegan :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian at it's Finest!KLynnDined on 4/3/2014I have been to Tantric a few times over the years, it's not convenient in the least since I hate paying for parking, but when I am in the city I make a point to come here for dinner. My last visit I came with my mother because we were seeing a show. Let's just say my mom is someone is who is the least adventurous when it comes to eating anything foreign. She let me order since I had a better idea what she may like than her trying to comprehend what the food was. Needless to say she is now also a fan. We had a fantastic meal and again I was extremely, delighted with the service. They even held onto our left overs until we came back from the show, when I tried to tip extra for this he wouldn't take it. Hands down the best Indian in Boston!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Indian RestaurantmoosedomeVIPDined on 4/1/2014If you're looking for a curry in the theater district this place will fit the bill. The food was fine - nothing special. The service was attentive and helpful. We would probably go back if in the area but I wouldn't make a special trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Indian cuisineLloydVIPDined on 3/28/2014Tantric is a useful place to know about if you're in the theater district. It may be the best restaurant in the area. But it's also, from my own experience, the best Indian restaurant in the entire Boston area. The food is delicious, perfectly--and consistently--prepared, the portions are generous, and the service is thoughtful and helpful. It's a great place.Special Features:
- High quality Indian foodCanadianDined on 3/27/2014We had a very satisfying dining experience and made it to the theater on time. Food was excellent and service efficient. Nan was hot and great texture. Portions were just right for sharing a few communal main dishes. Very good addition to the neighbourhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great AmbienceJwalinDined on 3/23/2014The Food was good and so was the service. We were not constantly pestered about ordering food which is welcomed these days. I liked the Ambience and noise was ok. Parking was $22 flat rate after 6pm, if I remember correctly. I don't know if they validate parking. Other parking garages are also close. Tantric is in the heart of Boston, close to many Clubs, Close to Loews Theatre if you are interested in catching a movie.Special Features:
- The food is truly delicioussusgkVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food is truly delicious and the best Indian cuisine we have had in Boston. The service is friendly and professional. The setting is pretty and comfortable. We are delighted this restaurant is in walking distance of our apartment, and we are sure theater goers are very happy it is located conveniently.Special Features:
- Welcome back!LloydVIPDined on 3/16/2014We've really missed Tantric since it closed for renovations. Now that it's finally reopened, we can breathe a sigh of relief. It's certainly one of the best Indian restaurants in the area and if you're in the theater district and like Indian food, it's a real oasis. Everything is beautifully prepared and in generous portions. I especially like the chicken chettinad, with its hint of cinnamon, and the tandoori chicken is about as delicious and perfectly cooked as it can get. The naan is absolutely fresh and light. And even the rice is of the highest quality. Welcome back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, theaters closeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014This was an ideal spot to access both theaters and parking. Ambiance is attractive with generally plenty of space to keep noise level down. We were seated at the back against the wall however and could hear our neighbors' conversation very easily. Service was excellent. We eat Indian food a lot and this compares favorably without knocking it out of the park. I would certainly go there again any time we are theater bound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great indian food Boston TheatresjerryaVIPDined on 3/2/2014We went here after a performance at the Wang theatre. Very good indian food, nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Wonderful quiet meal when you are heading anywhere in the theater district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We came here before a fridayJenniferDined on 2/28/2014We came here before a friday night show accross the street. Atmosphere was kind of quiet and awkward, they could use some more music or energy or something. Asked server for a non-spicey recommendation but it was actually very spicy. Mojitos were a bit too sweet. We only went here because we were craving indian and it was close to the show we were going to. I probably would not go here again.
- Great food balances lacking serviceJayJDined on 2/25/2014While I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Tantric, the service left quite a bit to be desired. The restaurant was far from full, but it still took about 10 minutes to be greeted at the door. Once seated, I was not approached to order a drink or anything else until my guest arrived 15 minutes later. Once the meal was complete, my guest and I waited about another 20 minutes before one of us got up, found someone and requested the check. The vindaloo was superb and the kulcha was cooked to perfection. With food that delicious and service that poor, I can't really say whether or not I will return for anything other than the Sunday buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome atmosphere and locationRSFoodieDined on 12/31/2013The location is awesome and staff are friendly and nice. Love the food and drinks.Special Features:
- Excellent Indian by Boston TheatersChrisKDined on 12/29/2013The food is excellent and the menu has a wide selection. If you ask for something to be made spicy it will be! Like many Indian restaurants the options for vegetarians are extensive, perfect for a group which is mixed vegetarian & omnivore. Service is excellent - attentive and prompt, making it a great choice for a dinner before a show as well as after one. Location is an easy walk to Boston Theater District venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our favorite IndianGailVIPDined on 12/18/2013This is our favorite Indian in Boston. We come every time we are in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.