356 Fortaleza St
Viejo San Juan, PR 00901Neighborhood:
Old San Juan
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.prtantra.com/
- Phone: 7879778141
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 1:30pm - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Indian, International
- Executive Chef: Ramesh Pillai
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: No private rooms, can reserve sections
- Entertainment: Bollywood dancing / belly dancing
A word from Tantra
INDIAN INFLUENCED CUSINEContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tantra reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Indian FusionWatsoh1Dined on 12/7/2013This is not your traditional Indian Restaurant. The food and unique Martinis are excellent!!! This is. Must try if you like Indian food with a little flair!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing to write home aboutvisitorDined on 11/3/2013The place was dead. Average food. Great martini. Construction work hindering eady access.
- Aniversary DinnerJToledoDined on 8/12/2013My wife and I have dinned here before, and loved the "tapas" style dinning, but that was more or less a year ago. The waiter said the menu has changed at least 4 time since then, and unfortunately, not for the better. My wife had a whole fried "Indian spiced" snapper . To me the meal really seemed "out-of place" for the type of restaurant. It had no type of "Indian spice" flavor whatsoever. I had a Chicken Tikka Masala, but did not impress me. I really loved the previous menu where you had a chance to experience a sampler like serving of various "tapas". Their martini selection is still what makes the restaurant "special" , but the meals left me a bit dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar....OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2013The best thing Tantra has going is the bar. Jose,the bartender, makes amazing martinis and is always top notch with the service. I come here often just for him. The food itself is good but way too expensive for what it is..... I recommend this place as a place to go early with your wife or friends and have a couple of cocktails and an appetizer or two to start the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks and service. Avg foodViviDined on 7/5/2013We went in a group of 8. The drinks were great - try the chili margarita. The service was great but the food was below average. I would recommend coming here for the drinks and snacks - not for dinner.
- La comida muy buena, la bebidaeve53Dined on 4/27/2013La comida muy buena, la bebida tambien. Pero recomiendo que no se dejen llevar por el anuncio de internet ya que no cumple y si visitan el lugar para cerciorarse estar bien consciente de que le digan las cosas ciertas no les pase como a mi que quede desilucionada ya que reserve para el cumpleaño 50 de mi esposo y queria darle la sorpresa de show de belly dancing y ellos ya no lo tenian y me entere cuando llegue al lugar y verificar bien el ticket de comida antes de pagar.
- Fantastic placeMaryVIPDined on 3/28/2013I must tell you that we love to dine. This place really impressed us. I took my mother and a friend of hers that although live on the island, had never been. A friendly waiter, Daniel, greeted us and was so pleasant the entire time. He helped us go throught the menu and making choices. He never once stopped smiling. The food was exceptional. Great taste and many choices to please everyone. Loved it and all of us will recommend it.Special Features:
- Best Martinis in townOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/9/2013Sit @ the bar..... Jose the bartender is the best thing going for Tantra. The food is good but the Martinis are even better, plus he provides excellent service something hard to come by in Puerto Rico. I am a local and i come here at least once month.Special Features:
- Best Martinis in town...sitOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/2/2013Best Martinis in town...sit at the bar, the bartender gets an A+ for service
- Great Martinis, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012Great Martinis. Chilli Pepper martini was awesome. Arguably the best "Indian Fusion" food I have had in North America.Special Features:
- Food was so-so. The appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012Food was so-so. The appetizer was great, but the rest of the food was not particularly great. Certainly did not warrant the high prices.Special Features:
- Good find in old san juanDbrown8302Dined on 12/15/2012We were craving something different in Old San Juan and Mantra fit the bill. It offers island Indian fusion with a friendly charming atmosphere and tasty food, Our appetizers were very tasty but our shrimp masala was too spicy and oddly served with naan, we added rice fir an additional $5. Their pomegranate Martinis are top notch. Excellent service,Special Features:
- Número UNO in Viejo San JuanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Great for vegans and vegetarians. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Fusion Thumbs UpOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2012We have eaten an awful lot of Indian food, but this fusion was incredible. A great twist on a lot of the standard dishes available, with some truly spectacular results. Thoroughly recommended and a great collection of staff members as well.Special Features:
- I have been to Tantra manyfrancisco2prVIPDined on 9/22/2012I have been to Tantra many times. Sometimes it is better than others. Last time the chicken tandoori appetizer was excellent, truly outstanding; but the garlic churrasco was merely good, not even close to how it has tasted on several previous visits, perhaps they ran out of garlic... But still it was good. The menu includes an amazing fusion of Indian and Puertorrican cuisines, such as the Indian chicken tandoori served with a touch of guava sauce on Puertorrican tostones. Other dishes are Indian (ie the curries), and others are Latin (ie the garlic churrasco served with a great mofongo). If Tantra could be consistent at its best, it would definitely deserve an excellent rating. As it is, Tantra is still very good and worth your visit
- Nice relaxed and cozy ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Nice relaxed and cozy ambiance. The food was great! Every dish had just the right amount of spice. They have a long list of Martinis as well. Its a great place for friends/ families to get together and have fun over dinner. Nice place for romantic dinners as well.Special Features:
- Great MartinisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012It's a great place for drinks and appetizer, the Martinis are amazing and have over 40 different Martinis, the bartender is amazing. Great appetizer, good fusion. The main courses need some work, they need to work on balancing the flavors, the service was average, we where a large party and this seemed to distress the waiter, be sure to ask for separate accounts from the begging. The bartender is great!! The sits on the bar are the place to be.Special Features:
- Avoid this placecmwoobieVIPDined on 8/7/2012Had an 8pm reservation. There was only 1 other couple in the restaurant. We ordered the 7 course tasting. (Veg and Non-Veg) I had one martini and my husband had the tasting martinis. The martinis are more like fruit cocktails with very little alcohol in them. After an hour and a half we were only getting served our 3rd course. The food is fair at best. The waiter was even questioning why it was taking so long to get our order when then place was empty. After the 4th course we decided he had had enough with waiting so we asked for the check. No apologies from the restaurant about how long it was taking. $185. and NOT worth the time or money.