6272 E Pacific Coast Highway
Long Beach, CA 90803Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tantalumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (562) 431-1414
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 10:00am -11:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2pm
Happy Hour: Monday - ALL DAY starting at 2:30pm! Tuesday-Friday 2:30 - 6pm, Saturday 10am - 2pm, Sunday 2:30pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jack D. Robertson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tantalum offers customized on-site/off-site catering for any size and style of event.
- Entertainment: We feature live music four days a week including live soul and R&B by "Dirty Sugar", a live acoustic duo; "The Joneses" and late night DJ's spinning sultry lounge grooves on Friday and Saturday nights. See our website for a detailed schedule. www.tantalumrestaurant.com/events/
- Special Events: Tantalum specializes in weddings, full venue buy-outs, small private banquets and corporate events and has an in-house team of experienced events coordinators to help plan each event to the last detail; Tantalum is the perfect place to host any event.
A word from Tantalum
Located on the water at Alamitos Bay, deep within beautiful Marina Pacifica, lays one of Long Beach’s best-kept secrets. Step inside Tantalum and take a journey into culinary paradise. Specializing in an eclectic menu of New California Cuisine with an Asian soul, Tantalum promises to please even the most discerning palate. With a daily happy hour, specials, promotions and live entertainment four days a week there is something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tantalum - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Tantalum reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (88)special occasion (57)vibrant bar scene (55)romantic (51)fit for foodies (44)hot spot (44)good for groups (44)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (20)late-night find (18)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Beautiful viewSpacemouse88Dined on 11/18/2014Went to Tantalum on a recommendation from my date. The view from the bar of the marina was awesome! The food was prepared expertly and was very tasty . Will be back for sure soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tantalum shines.EPwhizDined on 11/18/2014The gentleman who seated us was very put out that we asked to be moved to a quieter table and then asked for the table next to it (before we sat down) muttering under his breath. However, everything after that was great. Our server was pleasant and well informed about the menu. The cocktails were great and the food was sublime. The bill for 4 people including drinks and a bottle of wine with tip came to $230. Not cheap but reasonable given the quality of food and service. Food was delivered quickly and piping hot. We did sit at a quiet table in the back corner which suited us just fine. The music was live and provided by a woman with a guitar who was very good. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food equals Great NightLongBeachFoodiesDined on 11/15/2014Tantalum is one of our top 3 places to go for great food and great atmosphere. The staff is great and the service is fantastic. The food is delicious and they have a great selections of drinks. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MinnieVIPDined on 11/15/2014We went on a Saturday and it was quiet, but Happy Hour prices applied. The view is exquisite and the food has an Asian flair with amazing tastes. Service was excellent and attentive. relaxed atmosphere on a weekend day. I have been there in the evening when it's busier. anytime is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music volume unnecessaryLoves2eatDined on 11/9/2014The ambiance of Tantalum was nice. Right on the canal. However the music made it nearly impossible to have a conversation.
- GabsDined on 11/2/2014Tantalum is one on my favorite places to visit, the food is delicious, drinks are well made, the live band always playing good jams, the server was extremely nice.Special Features:
- Disappointment Served Fresh DailyfoodguruDined on 11/1/2014Massive restaurant that felt like a tacky mall food fair inside. Few menu options for those of us with wheat sensitivities…not even any Tamari sauce, which would be an inexpensive alternative to offer. Pork shoulder special arrived as tough as leather. Table we were sat at was in a far away dark corner. Big fail.
- Great spotHardtoimpressDined on 10/31/2014I love this space. It's beautiful and the food and service is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The waitress was awesome the service was fast and the food was delicious. Best halibut I have had. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tantalum!NOLAorBUSTDined on 10/25/2014Love this place! Right on the water, great food, great vibe. The bar area is large but unless you get there early, don't expect to get a seat. The calamari here THE best calamari I've ever had! We also had the baked brie served with a spicy Thai chutney glaze. A-mazing! Our server, Chris, was top-notch. Really no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!!StacybDined on 10/25/2014I was so impressed with our dining experience! The martinis and steak were out of this world! The mood is romantic and relaxing. Live music! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- <3LTNeighborDined on 10/18/2014A friend recommended Tantalum and I loved it. I will definitely be a repeat customer. Loved the duck fries and calamari. However, I wouldn't order the tobacco onions again. They were okay but not anything special. Looking forward to trying the Kobe burger next time!Special Features:
- Great ServiceswtbabyjamesDined on 10/11/2014The reservation took 30 minutes longer than it was supposed to, but the manager took care of us, greatly appreciated. The hosts were very helpful. The waitor was excellent, even offered to split our table of 15+ checks. The rooms take away from the view and ambience though. Good night starter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BigRWMDined on 10/8/2014Always enjoy ourselves at Tantalum! The entire experience is wonderful, and the view is beautiful.Special Features:
- Dinner diningHonaDined on 9/29/2014My husband and I went to have dinner here for our anniversary. It was a Monday so all day happy hour. It was pretty loud because of Monday night football. We had a good time. Our drinks were never empty. Our appetizers were great and our dinner was amazing. Everyone was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!SpecbyShayDined on 9/27/2014My goal when we found this place and after eating our first appetizer, dinner and dessert, is to try EVERYTHING on this menu. The chef is very innovative and loves being creative. Sometimes, if you ask the waiter, the chef is back in the kitchen "being creative" and you can order the "creativeness" that is not on the menu. But so far, the chicken lettuce wraps for an appetizer, the gazpacho for dinner, and chunky monkey(?) for dessert are my favorite dishes. It's hard to bypass those dishes in order to try something different on the menu. But so far, I have NOT been disappointed with ANYTHING I've tried. The atmosphere is great too. I love sitting at the tables on the highest floor so as to overlook the water and the bar. Very cozy.Special Features:
- Very Good as usualJDIIIVIPDined on 9/21/2014Food was great, welcome and seating was perfect... server did well, but seemed a bit off tonight (distracted by ?)... But will keep coming back!Special Features:
- Big surpriseCaptainmike314Dined on 9/20/2014From the strip mall entrance you will be amazed once inside. Huge panoramic view and bar. Water and boat views from most tables due to the varied levels. Friendly, energetic staff. Waiter made many recommendations from the menu and was not wrong. The calamari is a must from the appetizer menu. Incredible. Wine list is what a collector might keep at home. Some pricey hard-to-find wines and some inexpensive wines for less favorite relatives. Many wines by the glass too. Service was perfect throughout the meal and the food was great. Best view tables overlook the bar area so if a little noise bothers you ask for a table in the interior area. However the glass wall over the bar made for great views of the boat slips and water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementLBdinnerDined on 9/18/2014Menu needs updating. Food was not the best quality for the price paid. Service and customer attention needs much improvement. Drinks equally overpriced. But live entertainment was very good.Special Features:
- LissaDined on 9/18/2014A local favorite. Only place I will eat calamari. Beautiful restaurant with an outstanding bar and view. A favorite for birthday celebrataions. Also a great Sunday afternoon Happy HourySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem hidden among chain restaurantsMaxEatsDined on 9/18/2014I've been to tantalum several times in the last year or so. Love the view and the food is well prepared. The service is typically outstanding and the waitstaff is attentive. I was a litte disappointed after making reservations for 4 we ended up seated next to a party of 12 celebrating. It was a little difficult to hold a conversation. There were plenty of tables open open seats so I thought this was a small notch on the service side. Otherwise a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, Poor FooddeviconDined on 9/9/2014The view was nice when the sun set, And the inside was very nice. But the Food Was Over priced for the quality I had the Duck it was cooked well but the white bean paste they served with it was not very delightful. My Mothers burgers were cooked very very over done, And my Wife Scallops were way to fishy.Special Features:
- Amazing Eats!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I've been to Tantalum several times now, and it literally gets better every time. The food is always unbelievably delicious, the cocktails are to die for, and the ambiance is unmatched! Not to mention that great live music they have playing, and the happy hour! I love taking people here for the first time... they're always impressed and can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 9/6/2014As always, Tantalum never disappoints!! The food and service are unbeatable. We always enjoy our visit to Tantalum.Special Features:
- Like dining in HawaiiOnoGastroDined on 9/6/2014Just got back from the Big Island last week where we had dinner at Roys. We felt we were still on vacation. Great views, good food, exotic feel.Special Features:
- Yummy ExperienceMcGrubbyDined on 9/5/2014The fried brie appetizer was delicious, as well as the short ribs & fries. If you're going for dessert you can share the banana bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJamiestarDined on 8/29/2014I told my Friends to find a place that will top the food. They both said they couldn'tSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tantalum Rocks!GabiDined on 8/29/2014Tantalum continues to perform as an outstanding eatery. The waterfront views are spectacular! Every item on the menu is scrumptuous and perfectly prepared. This is an epicurean delight no one should miss. We will be back soon! Love love love Tantalum!!Special Features:
- LDeWittDined on 8/27/2014I have been here many times. When my brother was visiting from Europe I suggested we meet here for dinner. The music was SO LOUD we exhausted ourselves trying to have a conversation. It was a Wednesday evening, and I don't understand why it had to be this way. I was very disappointed, as I don't often get to see my brother.Special Features:
- Trying to make a connectionEatoutDined on 8/27/2014When I arrived at 6:30 the restaurant was perfect for a first date. By 7:00 the obnoxiously loud band was playing and no one could talk to each other anymore. The food was delicious (I had the carmelized halibut), the decor was clean and romantic Far East infusion. Just get rid of the bandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the ambiance...FourGreenDined on 8/24/2014My fiancee and I have been here twice. We enjoyed wine and dishes off of their limited and semi-pricey menu. Dimly lit, and noisy, it isn't ideal if you want to engage in an intimate conversation with a first date. There's a comfortable looking lounge down by the bar, & I counted 13 tables on the upper dining area that overlooks the entire area. Our recent visit for our anniversary was bad, as the staff wouldn't accommodate our desire to sit closer to the band, despite there being a vacant table. the waitress was barely attentive, and bar flubbed on a specific drink request. The ambiance that we enjoyed the first go-round was gone, thanks to the chaos and confusion. We're not sure how likely we'll return.Special Features:
- thank youtantalumexcellenceDined on 8/22/2014The food was everything described and more. The view is outstanding and the ambiance for a very busy bar scene and an obvious local hot spot is not overwhelming. Knowledgeable waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business meeting/dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Very good experience, friendly and attentive staff, great view of the harbor. Try the caramelized halibut!Special Features:
- Loved the decorWeLove2Dine2getherDined on 8/8/2014We had to wait long to be seated with reservations. The manager did come and apologize for the delay. The live music was good, the bar size was good. We really enjoyed the food but probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Great date night!2hot4uDined on 8/4/2014Fabulous couples date night, love the band, people, vibe and ambiance.Special Features:
- Not a romantic spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014The service, drinks and food were great. However, if you are planning a romantic night out, find another place. The noise level was so high I couldn't here the waiter or date!
- Tale of 2 StoriesCubandinerDined on 8/2/2014The food was amazing. The noise level quite high. We had to yell in order to speak to my dining partner. The service was quite slow in every aspect. So if you are not in hurry, don't mind loud music, enjoy the beautiful sunset views and amazing food. This is the place for you.Special Features:
- didi1166Dined on 8/1/2014Awesome food, ambiance, service, & view. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Beach FinestGabiDined on 8/1/2014Tantalum is one of the finest restaurants in Long Beach. With its fusion menu and outstanding water views, this is an epicurean delight not to be missed. Anything on the menu excels in flavor and freshness. One of my faves is the Gazpacho soup with shrimp and crab - YUM. The calamari is exquisite. It has an awesome Happy Hour menu as well. Fabulous dining!!Special Features:
- High energyEstelleVIPDined on 8/1/2014Environment very high energy. Meal selection and service good. If your seTed near the band it's very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.