6272 E Pacific Coast Highway
Long Beach, CA 90803Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tantalumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5624311414
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 10:00am -11:00pm, Sunday 2:00pm-9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10am - 2pm
Happy Hour: Monday - ALL DAY starting at 2:30pm! Tuesday-Friday 2:30 - 6pm, Saturday 10am - 2pm, Sunday 2:30pm - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jack D. Robertson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tantalum offers customized on-site/off-site catering for any size and style of event.
- Entertainment: We feature live music four days a week including live soul and R&B by "Dirty Sugar", a live acoustic duo; "The Joneses" and late night DJ's spinning sultry lounge grooves on Friday and Saturday nights. See our website for a detailed schedule. www.tantalumrestaurant.com/events/
- Special Events: Tantalum specializes in weddings, full venue buy-outs, small private banquets and corporate events and has an in-house team of experienced events coordinators to help plan each event to the last detail; Tantalum is the perfect place to host any event.
A word from Tantalum
Located on the water at Alamitos Bay, deep within beautiful Marina Pacifica, lays one of Long Beach’s best-kept secrets. Step inside Tantalum and take a journey into culinary paradise. Specializing in an eclectic menu of New California Cuisine with an Asian soul, Tantalum promises to please even the most discerning palate. With a daily happy hour, specials, promotions and live entertainment four days a week there is something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Tantalum - Best Restaurants in Long Beach ›
Tantalum reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (92)romantic (59)special occasion (59)vibrant bar scene (58)good for groups (45)hot spot (44)fit for foodies (39)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (24)late-night find (19)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014A local favorite. Only place I will eat calamari. Beautiful restaurant with an outstanding bar and view. A favorite for birthday celebrataions. Also a great Sunday afternoon Happy HourySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem hidden among chain restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014I've been to tantalum several times in the last year or so. Love the view and the food is well prepared. The service is typically outstanding and the waitstaff is attentive. I was a litte disappointed after making reservations for 4 we ended up seated next to a party of 12 celebrating. It was a little difficult to hold a conversation. There were plenty of tables open open seats so I thought this was a small notch on the service side. Otherwise a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, Poor FooddeviconDined on 9/9/2014The view was nice when the sun set, And the inside was very nice. But the Food Was Over priced for the quality I had the Duck it was cooked well but the white bean paste they served with it was not very delightful. My Mothers burgers were cooked very very over done, And my Wife Scallops were way to fishy.Special Features:
- Amazing Eats!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I've been to Tantalum several times now, and it literally gets better every time. The food is always unbelievably delicious, the cocktails are to die for, and the ambiance is unmatched! Not to mention that great live music they have playing, and the happy hour! I love taking people here for the first time... they're always impressed and can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 9/6/2014As always, Tantalum never disappoints!! The food and service are unbeatable. We always enjoy our visit to Tantalum.Special Features:
- Like dining in HawaiiOnoGastroDined on 9/6/2014Just got back from the Big Island last week where we had dinner at Roys. We felt we were still on vacation. Great views, good food, exotic feel.Special Features:
- Yummy ExperienceMcGrubbyDined on 9/5/2014The fried brie appetizer was delicious, as well as the short ribs & fries. If you're going for dessert you can share the banana bread pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJamiestarDined on 8/29/2014I told my Friends to find a place that will top the food. They both said they couldn'tSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tantalum Rocks!GabiDined on 8/29/2014Tantalum continues to perform as an outstanding eatery. The waterfront views are spectacular! Every item on the menu is scrumptuous and perfectly prepared. This is an epicurean delight no one should miss. We will be back soon! Love love love Tantalum!!Special Features:
- LDeWittDined on 8/27/2014I have been here many times. When my brother was visiting from Europe I suggested we meet here for dinner. The music was SO LOUD we exhausted ourselves trying to have a conversation. It was a Wednesday evening, and I don't understand why it had to be this way. I was very disappointed, as I don't often get to see my brother.Special Features:
- Trying to make a connectionEatoutDined on 8/27/2014When I arrived at 6:30 the restaurant was perfect for a first date. By 7:00 the obnoxiously loud band was playing and no one could talk to each other anymore. The food was delicious (I had the carmelized halibut), the decor was clean and romantic Far East infusion. Just get rid of the bandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the ambiance...FourGreenDined on 8/24/2014My fiancee and I have been here twice. We enjoyed wine and dishes off of their limited and semi-pricey menu. Dimly lit, and noisy, it isn't ideal if you want to engage in an intimate conversation with a first date. There's a comfortable looking lounge down by the bar, & I counted 13 tables on the upper dining area that overlooks the entire area. Our recent visit for our anniversary was bad, as the staff wouldn't accommodate our desire to sit closer to the band, despite there being a vacant table. the waitress was barely attentive, and bar flubbed on a specific drink request. The ambiance that we enjoyed the first go-round was gone, thanks to the chaos and confusion. We're not sure how likely we'll return.Special Features:
- thank youtantalumexcellenceDined on 8/22/2014The food was everything described and more. The view is outstanding and the ambiance for a very busy bar scene and an obvious local hot spot is not overwhelming. Knowledgeable waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business meeting/dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Very good experience, friendly and attentive staff, great view of the harbor. Try the caramelized halibut!Special Features:
- Loved the decorWeLove2Dine2getherDined on 8/8/2014We had to wait long to be seated with reservations. The manager did come and apologize for the delay. The live music was good, the bar size was good. We really enjoyed the food but probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Great date night!2hot4uDined on 8/4/2014Fabulous couples date night, love the band, people, vibe and ambiance.Special Features:
- Not a romantic spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014The service, drinks and food were great. However, if you are planning a romantic night out, find another place. The noise level was so high I couldn't here the waiter or date!
- Tale of 2 StoriesCubandinerDined on 8/2/2014The food was amazing. The noise level quite high. We had to yell in order to speak to my dining partner. The service was quite slow in every aspect. So if you are not in hurry, don't mind loud music, enjoy the beautiful sunset views and amazing food. This is the place for you.Special Features:
- didi1166Dined on 8/1/2014Awesome food, ambiance, service, & view. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Beach FinestGabiDined on 8/1/2014Tantalum is one of the finest restaurants in Long Beach. With its fusion menu and outstanding water views, this is an epicurean delight not to be missed. Anything on the menu excels in flavor and freshness. One of my faves is the Gazpacho soup with shrimp and crab - YUM. The calamari is exquisite. It has an awesome Happy Hour menu as well. Fabulous dining!!Special Features:
- High energyEstelleVIPDined on 8/1/2014Environment very high energy. Meal selection and service good. If your seTed near the band it's very loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findVerano16Dined on 7/30/2014First time here &loved it. Food was fabulous. Beautiful view of the water. Loved itSpecial Features:
- Great sunset view!Uomo516Dined on 7/27/2014My date and I had a great table to take in the Sunset while we enjoyed our meal. Very romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a chain restaurant, thank God!SoCoEastofWoodruffDined on 7/26/2014Incredibly loud on a Saturday night due to huge groups, so beware; Sunday through Thursday has been quieter. Superlative service! Food choice is very good to excellent. (Our food was excellent.) View is fantastic and the actual bar is good for dining. Live music, too (during week, if I recall correctly).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyCinderDined on 7/26/2014Order the sea bass yummy! I love the chicken lettuce wraps yummy! For a drink Orchid is a great drink very refreshing!! I alway enjoy going here love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewSDietVIPDined on 7/25/20141st time dining at Tantalum. The band playing wasn't very good at all, they should have taken more breaks. The food was very good and our server allowed us to dine at a very slow pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kali80Dined on 7/24/2014Excellent Service!! Would recommend for special occassions or a romantic evening. Good Food , Great Service, Good Music, and overall vibrant place to enjoy a fine dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's more of a Bar scene...FinediningDined on 7/20/2014This place is okay, but should really bill itself as a vibrant bar scene, not fine dining restaurant. The set up is based around a large bar area that wraps around the restaurant taking over the view of the outside harbor (very few dining tables are next to windows w/harbor views, and those are off to the side, so one feels they're not really in the main dining area). Restaurant bills itself as a fine dining establishment with Calif and Asian cuisine influences. Might be fine food, but it's not a fine dining. Inner restaurant area, inside the wrap-around bar is very noisy. We went for a nice dinner as my wife doesn't eat red meat, so thought the menu would be nice. But, we left the restaurant before ordering any food and went elsewhere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014excellent experience, a bit loud though. have to talk loud to hearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Cocktails...CentaldinerDined on 7/13/2014I found this little gem via yelp. I went with the recommendations and I was so happy I did. Bloody Mary's were divine. Calamari was so good. Soaked in buttermilk and lightly breaded with a light Asian sauce. So good. We also had the Tuna Tartar, delish and loved the giant crisps they were served with. The portions were really nicely sized as well. Not huge but definitely not small.Special Features:
- Bad experiencesudeepDined on 7/8/2014I never had such bad service...it was a birthday party for my wife and our friends were totally upset about the service. It was a first time and I had a bad experience
- Surprise! You're on the water :)AmarieDined on 7/5/2014Tantalum is nestled among big box stores. Upon entering the restaurant, you understand its prime realty! There are panoramic views of the harbor in this split-level space. The restaurant was lit only by daylight during our brunch. We recommend the duck fries, which are light but flavorful, the artistic triple beet salad, and the mini fish tacos -- perfect bites. If we're ever in the neighborhood again, we'll stop by for the happy hour. Good deals, great views!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMikeDined on 7/3/2014Tantalum has a terrific room, great menu, very good food. and the prices are OK. Why so loud? Nobody was listening to the band, but everyone was shouting, trying to be heard by their friends or partner. Although we really enjoyed our dinner, it was probably our first and last at Tantalum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but very noisyPaladinDined on 7/3/2014The food, service and general decor was very good to excellent. However the noise level was such that it all but prevented table conversation at anything less than a shout......If you are used to the evening bar scene this is probably not an issue for you....Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceoc3068Dined on 6/21/2014Calamari was very good! Our waitress was very attentive and very friendly. My fiance told her that it is our anniversary and that we recently got engaged, she congratulated us and surprised us with free desserts! A tad pricey, but great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance , but the noise.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Great ambiance but extremely loud. We had a party of 5 and couldn't hear ourselves talking. If your looking for a quite place to dine a loved one, this isn't the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!LuvdaviewDined on 6/20/2014Besides the amazing view, the food was fabulous, and the staff were so friendly. Always makes for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudWolfBDined on 6/19/2014Hi, While all was good, I did find the restuarant too loud. The first time I was there there was not a band playing in the background. With that, everyone need to talk louder. I don't enjoy having to talk loudly to someone across the table or risk dipping my chin in the halibut as I lean over the table to hear the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiesDined on 6/15/2014The food and service were very good. I would come back any time soon for the food, however we did not like the ambience too much noise, much more so when the band was playing. We can heardly hear each other and have to yell during our conversation. I think it's not our kind of place for dining because of the noise level.Special Features:
- Tantalum Never DisappointsAR23Dined on 6/15/2014Had a great brunch on Father's Day. The food was fantastic and our server was excellent. I always recommend Tantalum for the food, service, and beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.