41 Main Street
Tiburon, CA 94920Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4157895123
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Contact: FAI 415-823-0396
A word from Tanoshi Sushi
Tanoshi Sushi is located in the heart of downtown Tiburon, right next to the ferry and Tiburon movie theater. We offer the best quality Japanese food , from tranditional Japanese Sushi Nigiri/Sashimi, Maki Roll, Tanoshi Featured Rolls, to Hot Dishes from the grill and Ramen Noodle Soups. We also offer daliy fish specials, chef special dishes, and excellent selections of wine and sake. And the magnificent bay view from our dining room will turn any meal into a special occasion!. If you are looking for a hidden gem with great food, a relaxing atmosphere and a stunning view, Tanoshi is the spot. We look forward to serving you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tanoshi Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Quiet neighborhood gemPaloAltoDinerVIPDined on 5/11/2014Had lunch here for Mother's Day. Only one other diner--worried as we have never been here but the food was excellent, service great, and very quiet compared to the over crowded brunch places near by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014Fish has to be extremely fresh and well prepared for sashimi and sushi. The fish was good but not great and the rolls were uncreative and unexceptional.kSpecial Features:
- great little sushi restaurant.sparkusDined on 4/13/2014Pay parking lot across the street is cash only, but the food and atmosphere was wonderful at the restaurant. If you get stuck with no cash there's an ATM by the ferry terminal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute Japanese RestaurantRobertDined on 2/14/2014Food is decent, but there are quite a few significantly better sushi restaurants in Marin. Pricing is pretty reasonable, but food and service does leave a little to be desired. That being said, Ginza has basically a perfect location, right on the water. It offers a lovely ambiance, is set among other quaint restaurants in a very quiet, pretty part of Tiburon, and parking is extremely convenient (so convenient that the $4 for an hour and a half seemed cheap). Recommended for a date if your date is not a foodie.Special Features:
- Delicious sushi, great service!NJdineVIPDined on 2/7/2014Ginza sushi is a neighborhood gem tucked in downtown Tiburon. The sushi is always delicious and fresh. There are lots of options for kids too like chicken teriyaki, udon bowls, and small-cut avocado rolls (request this if you have little kids). The service is fantastic! Connie is so attentive and warm. Eddie is always jovial and welcoming. We dine here once a week.Special Features:
- Some of the best sushi ever!!!!modavaDined on 1/5/2014We loved this place!!! Excellent sushi. Great sushi chef! Impeccable service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing sushiSushiluvrDined on 12/31/2013My fiancé and I love sushi, we love trying all the specialty rolls, and this place had some very unique combinations that created the perfect bite to hit all of your taste buds at once. We made a reservation on New Year's Eve in the morning for 7:30 that night and they had a window table reserved for us. The view of the city is breath taking and the food is to die for. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi was fantastic! TheLuvsushiDined on 12/28/2013The sushi was fantastic! The fish was so fresh and the service was great. It is hard to find sushi spots open for lunch. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Great sushialiaDined on 8/17/2013The views from here are stunning, overlooking the bay in Tiburon. The restaurant is quiet allowing for conversation. It has a casual feel. The sushi is delicious. You must try the Butter fish. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Ginza Sushi is a comfortablekcmaherVIPDined on 7/4/2013Ginza Sushi is a comfortable and friendly restaurant. It's right on the water in Tiburon and has a few outside tablets. They're worth snagging on a pretty day. It's one of our favorite places because the people there are so warm and welcoming. We've always had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiburon lucky to have sushi gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/18/2013Wonderful menu full of creative and delicious choices...hamachi carpaccio best idea....sashimi fabulous, inventive rolls and excellent sushi....soba noodles fine! Service was wonderful! Hurry down to Main Street and explore!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable mealMillValleyMomDined on 5/18/2013Food is very good - pleasing to eye and mouth. Very nice wines as well. Service attentive without being bothersome. Some very interesting sushi. Only drawback to Ginza is the pricing, which is over the top for what it is. It feels a bit 'we can ask these prices because tourists will pay them when visiting Tiburon' pricing. As locals, we get it. But it keeps Ginza from being our go-to-always place for sushi.Special Features:
- Whereas the service was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012Whereas the service was exceptional, and the staff very friendly, the food was only average. In all likelihood, had I stayed with traditional sushi, I would have been more satisfied. I decided to try the grilled snapper, which was both meager in portion, but more notably, the sweetness of the sauce almost destroyed the flavor. With all the good sushi restaurants, for me there was little that would motivate me to return.Special Features:
- We'd never noticed this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/23/2012We'd never noticed this place before, even having been to many other restaurants on this street. Found it on OT when looking for Japanese in Marin. Sushi and sashimi were good to excellent. Shime saba was flavorful and plentiful, but the uni was scarce and not as cold as we like. Toro and smoked sake were very good. Starters (miso, wakame and gyoza) were fine. Service was fast and gracious -- we were in and out in under an hour. Easy parking in the paid lot across the street.
- Fantastic restaurant....myOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2012Fantastic restaurant....my husband and I were the only ppl in there! Definitely a hidden gem!Special Features:
- The food was great and I wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2012The food was great and I was especially happy with the impressive selection of vegetarian rolls. I was a little disappointed with our seating because although we were placed right by the window, our view outside was obstructed by some construction scaffolding.
- We used to go to Ginza atOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/4/2012We used to go to Ginza at least twice a month; we loved it. Then 30 days or so ago, we went there and had a poor experience. I wrote it off but my kids kept asking if we should try it again; we did, on the 4th of July. WHAT A RELIEF: the food and presentation were back to the standards we once new! I guess it was a slip-up....
- This used to be one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/2/2012This used to be one of my favorite Sushi restaurants.... what happened??? the rolls are so poor, missing part of the ingredients; tobiko, sauces,.... no longer presented well, just tossed on a plate... and smaller... wow... we were so disappointed that I am not sure we'll give it another shot... sad!
- The sushi and sashimi wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012The sushi and sashimi was really good. The fish is very fresh and delicious! The restaurant lacks ambience which is a pity considering the gorgeous views! We sat in the middle ofmthe restaurant and it was drafty from front door and sliding door to deck always being opened and closed. The service was ok, nothing special. But we will definitely go back because the food was very good.
- Their salmon is excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Their salmon is excellent! (Both the sushi roll and the entry).Special Features:
- An alternative to the loud,BuddVIPDined on 3/3/2012An alternative to the loud, boisterous sushi bar scene. A quiet, even restful place with excellent sushi and other dishes. The preparations do not overwhelm the delicate flavors of the very fresh fish. It is a delight to look out over the water and to the distant shore on the other side of the bay. Service is usually to notch, but tonight the service was slow and a bit inattentive. We love this place.
- Great sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/14/2012excellent sushi - fresh, great preparation, nice people. Aussie Roll was spicy and great.
- Excellent food, service andGerryDined on 11/25/2011Excellent food, service and view of the bay. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Their sushi is a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2011Their sushi is a bit pricey but since I am a vegan that loves sushi I look for sushi restaurants that have good vegetarian sushi options and this one enough to satisfy what I am looking for (not just your besic veggie sushi but some rolls that that actually thought about when putting the roll together). Has a wonderful view of the Tiburon marina, Angel Island and San Fransisco. If they lowered their prices just a bit they might get more people in. :)Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/10/2011The food was good and the portions were generous. We thought the restaurant needed some serious sprucing up in term of decor. It would have perhaps felt better had the weather been conducive to eating on their deck over the water. I did not think the food lived up to the 4+ rating it received on Open Table and that made me a bit skeptical of the over all rating system.
- The meal was fabulous andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011The meal was fabulous and the staff was very attentive. They even made special birthday accomodations for our celebration.Special Features:
- Food was very fresh and preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2011Food was very fresh and prepared beautifully. The staff was impeccable, very knowledgeable and offered excellent suggestions. You could eat off their floors it was so clean and bright.Special Features:
- great romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2011This is a great place in Tiburon if you are looking for sushi! The food was great and served timely. I highly recommend the deviliscious roll.Special Features:
- This place was great. We wentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/5/2011This place was great. We went on a Saturday night but the ambiance felt very dead because there was no music or noise at all. Everything else was perfect :)Special Features:
- The service was beyond bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 2/19/2011The service was beyond bad. The waitress ordered the wrong food for us and costing us an extra $20 for that dish. It was lunch time and we ordered the Sashimi combo lunch. She gave us the Sashimi Combo in the menu which instead of $12.95 with soup and rice, is an a la carte costing $33.00. She not just didn't apologize, but had such a bad attitude. It really is quite a pity, as the food was great.
- Awesome!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2011I picked this restaurant because of Open Table reviews. Service was excellent, beautiful views!, the sushi pieces were huge!!! And we were blown away with the quality, quantity, and resonable prices! We will definately be back as often as possible... Absolute Tiburon gem!!Special Features:
- Excellent service and food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Excellent service and food. The sushi was fresh and the rolls were inventive. Beautiful view of S.F.Special Features:
- The garden roll and the shrimpmemeyumVIPDined on 12/7/2010The garden roll and the shrimp tempura roll were exquisite. The gyoza the best we have ever had. The ambiance was festive looking at the boats decorated and lit up for the Holidays in the Corinthian Yacht Club harbor. Not to mention the San Francisco cityscape in the background. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Nice location but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2010Nice location but the food left much to be desired. My mother ordered beef & asparagus udon and said the meat was tough and tasteless. I had the black cod, which was tender and tasty but the bok choy that it was served with was very oily. The hamachi on the hamachi roll wasn't very fresh but the other rolls were pretty good. We ordered a side of veggie tempura and the eggplant was undercooked (still spongy). I didn't try the taro root tempura. Overall, a disappointing meal.
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2010The food was good and the service was very pleasant. Beaufiful view. It was quite where we were able to have a wonderful conversation and a nice fresh meal. I would definately return. Toni Abruzzo-RamirezSpecial Features:
- Wonderful buttery hamachiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2010Wonderful buttery hamachi sashimi and sushi rolls. Window table view of SF would have been spectacular if not for the fog. Nice addition to the area, will definitely be back.Special Features:
- My Japanese girlfriend EmikoFoodiesDined on 6/26/2010My Japanese girlfriend Emiko and I love Japanese food so I suggested after our walk we go have dinner at Ginza Sushi in Tiburon. We walked in and the restaurant had tables lined up by the floor to ceiling glass window overlooking the boats and city water views. I was a little apprehensive because it was Emiko’s first time there and she knows good Japanese food but once the food came WE both loved it. Food was fresh and full of flavor. We tried two delicious salads, miso soup, and several sushi rolls and desert. The presentation was wonderful. Our server authenic Japenese was attentive to our needs. Everything was yummy to our tummy. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Below-average food in a stunningslssfVIPDined on 6/12/2010Below-average food in a stunning bayside/yacht harbor adjacent location. The "grilled calamari" was rubbery, unpleasant; the "rolls" were overpriced for the quality,Special Features:
- The gyoza was cooked to perfectionmemeyumVIPDined on 5/25/2010The gyoza was cooked to perfection as was the grilled asparagus. The sleek interior with fantastic views of the San Francisco skyline and the Bay make it a destination dining experience.Special Features:
- Creative sushi - dare I sayJeffHDined on 5/18/2010Creative sushi - dare I say on par with Sushi Ran? Excellent "other" food (other than sushi) as well! Wine list is worthless. Bring your own Gewurtz!Special Features: