Tano Bistro & Catering
204 W. Loveland Ave.
Loveland, OH 45140Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tano Bistro & Catering
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.foodbytano.com/
- Phone: 5136838266
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11:00 AM. Lunch served Monday through Saturday.Brunch on Sunday. Dinner nightly. Sunday Brunch - join us for a Mimosa, Champagne, or a Signature Bloody Mary to Restart your weekend!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gaetano Williams
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Thank you for considering Tano Bistro and Catering for your upcoming meeting, in home celebration or special event. We are a chef driven, full service catering company focused on exceptional food and outstanding service tailored to fit any budget. ·Need lunch or breakfast provided for your next corporate meeting? ·Having a private in-home party and desire hors d’oeuvres that will impress your guests? ·Planning a wedding and want a menu that is uniquely designed for your special day? Tano Bistro and Catering can do all this and more.
A word from Tano Bistro & Catering
Upscale Casual Dining featuring the freshest seafood available. Appetizer and Wine Bar Menus present innovative yet familiar dishes. Hand cut steaks and chops along with fresh pasta and risotto complete a dynamic menu. Comprehensive wine list containing offerings from regions all across the globe. Significant repertoire of wines by the glass. Relevant cuisine that is inspired by American Coastal, Mexican, Italian, and Asian influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Tano Bistro & Catering - Best Restaurants in Loveland ›
Tano Bistro & Catering reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (51)special occasion (46)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (30)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (17)good for groups (13)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OutstandingBoybearDined on 10/18/2014There is no finer food around. Everything is special. Plated with a special touch.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/14/2014We enjoy going to Tano when we can. It's a great dining experience. The food is outstanding. Service is top notch. Other than a glitch where they didn't acknowledge my Open Table reservation (since corrected by Open Table and Tano), everything was great. Tom is a great bartender and was really busy on Tuesday night. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jobartDined on 10/14/2014Love Tano's - recommend to everyone looking for great place to eat with wonderful service, awesome food and friendly owner and employees. Always where I take my friends and family when they are visiting. Thanks Tanos!!!!!Special Features:
- Wife's B-Day DinnerOHGatorDined on 10/10/2014We went to Tano Bistro for my wife's birthday. I think it was the 40th; AGAIN! While we were 5 minutes late for our 7pm reservation, the table wasn't ready. They were very busy, but only waited about 10 minutes to be seated. Drinks & appetizers came quickly & were awesome. Meal preparation for wife;s entree was unique with crushed blue corn dusting of shrimp; very good. My halibut entree was delicious. The only drawback & it's minor, was our seats were in a small dining area "beyond" the bar so the noise level was higher than one would normally like for evening dining. I guess the alternative would have been to wait for table in main dining area away from bar. Not worth the wait. Thanks for the great visit experience! JohnSpecial Features:
- Frank & M. L.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Surprising flavors in standard fare...all winners!. Had many crab cakes over the years. This is best. Same for steak salad. Even did the steak "Pittsburgh". No Iceburg slipped into the salad. We'll be back. This is a "can't miss" experience! Thanks!Special Features:
- Very enjoyableCathyTDined on 10/7/2014Each of the four members of our group had different desires for food and all of were very happy. The eggplant parmesan was outstanding and the salad special was a delicious art piece.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Romantic restaurant in old downtown Loveland, Ohio. My wife and I have been several times and have enjoyed it every time. The food is very good and the atmosphere is warm and very nice. The service was a little slow during our last visit, but it made for a very relaxed dinner and gave us a chance to enjoy another glass of wine / beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestJimbevDined on 10/5/2014In my opinion this restaurant is one of our top 5 restaurants in Cincinnati. The staff is excellent and very accommodating. The food was beautifully presented as well as tasting good.Special Features:
- Great as always!GreatDined on 10/3/2014When I eat at Tano, whether brunch, lunch, or dinner, it is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantJustmeandfriendsDined on 10/3/2014Dining experience was overall excellent. The only criticism I have is that it took a little long for lunch to arrive at our table and the room was somewhat noisy. Food was quite good. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElistarElistarDined on 10/2/2014Tano is a wonderful restaurant! We are so lucky to have this restaurant in Loveland! I have been to Tano several times and the food is always perfect and the service is too! This time I ordered the eggplant Parmesan. It was better than in any Italian restaurant I have ever been to! The eggplant was crispy and the angel hair pasta was cooked perfectly. There was a wonderful sauce with this dish which I really liked also. I will be going back to Tano often!Special Features:
- Tano is a Hit!!StevieDined on 9/20/2014Tano is one of our absolute favorite restaurants in the Cincinnati area! Everything is marvelous --- the bar is cozy, the food is fabulous, the staff is so friendly and helpful. We have taken many, many friends to Tano with us, and they all have fallen in love with it!Special Features:
- Very pleasant surpriseSmileyRileyDined on 9/20/2014We were given a gift certificate so went for first time last Saturday. We ate outside on a beautiful evening. there is a lot of traffic noise but the food and service made up for it. Every item was a taste bud surprise. Crab cakes very special, we split a very tasty Tano house salad, my wife had the 3 little pigs and I had the tilapia, we shared and loved every taste, the crème Brule finished a very nice night on a high note. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday BrunchMizbizDined on 9/14/2014As always, another great brunch at Tano - love the vegetable omelette. Wonderful service. We sat outside and enjoyed a few birthday mimosas with a delicious brunch. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:
- DougVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have always loved coming to Tano. This experience was a little difference. The server seemed distracted the entire evening. My soup and halibut were tasty and bland. My wife's shrimp was fabulous.
- DissappointednosuchluckDined on 9/13/2014After reading other reviews, we were expecting Tano to be a special place that was quiet and welcoming. We instead found ourselves in a quite noisy restaurant and bar crammed in a small table as the restaurant is obviously trying to maximize the number of customers it can hold. The overall quality of the food was so-so -- generally bland with no special flavor or excitement -- given the price.
- Good, Not Great.7477wildcatDined on 9/13/2014If you're expecting a neighborhood bar food joint, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The menu has a variety of offerings with more flair than most. Both our fish special's and the pork dish were good, although neither rose to our top ten list. But for the prices we paid, I expected something a little more. Tano costs, looks and feels like a gastro-pub, but the food doesn't quite make itSpecial Features:
- A winner again and againRooftop4Dined on 9/6/2014Whenever we want to treat out out-of-town guests to a local great, we always take them to Tano. We are so proud of this restaurant in our hometown. The food speaks for itself, always fresh and artful. Our service is always dependable and delivered with competence and a smile. Our waitress on this evening was especially knowledgeable about wine pairings. Our table ordered the tilapia( such a great value), the salmon, and the quinoa dish. Everyone was quite satisfied with their meals. As a fan of the tilapia, I would love to see the rice come back to the plate. The potato cake was good, but it's nice to keep a healthy dish healthy. Greens were great. We also loved the mussel appetizer! See you soon!Special Features:
- TanosLinnyDined on 9/6/2014We had been to tanos two times when they had first opened and were very pleased! Delicious food and classy restaurant. Our experience 9/6/14 was not good. We were very disappointed with everything. Pork was very over cooked, server was disconnected from her job. Overall very disappointed and will not return.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The atmosphere is wonderful. Service was stellar. The meal was wonderful. I will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Enjoyabletano4diningDined on 9/6/2014We had a very delicious meal. Very nice menu that included a wide range of choices. Will return with friends!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant.GratefulGrillerDined on 9/6/2014Have been there a few times and is always good. Great alternative to OTR if looking for good food without hassle of parking, waiting etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little off this timeMarkFVIPDined on 9/5/2014I've been here a few times. This time they were very busy and I think this created the situation: slow service, warm/stuffy inside, food not prepared correctly. It was just off this one time.Special Features:
- First Time at TanoNonamegivenVIPDined on 8/31/2014Cute place; good food. Was disappointed that they had Columbia River Salmon on the board but stated they were out of it. However, it remained on the board the rest of the night. Server didn't tell us until after we ordered and had to come back later to get second choice. Not good. Server had too many tables and we had trouble getting things in a timely fashion. We will try again, and hope that service is more representative of the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Another wonderful mealCharlienWhitneyDined on 8/27/2014Summer roll appetizer, white clam chowder, house salad, filet, salmon special, strawberry shortcake. All was wonderful. Steak cooked perfectly to medium rare. Chowder seemed a tiny bit salty, but we are cutting down on salt so it could have been my taste buds. Loveland is a bit of a drive for us, but we hope to return to Tano many more times. BTW, there is an invisible "No Turn on Red" sign at southbound Karl Brown and Loveland. Probably how the city pays for office parties.Special Features:
- Great MenuLLBBDined on 8/20/2014Between 4 and 6, tank offers a 3 course dinner for $18.00, which is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange serviceFatguyDined on 8/19/2014Waited too long for service. Odd, usually very good here. Miss some of the previous menus items. Still will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu - excellent qualityswohioguyDined on 8/18/2014The food was excellent, the atmosphere was intimate and upscale but not to the point of being intimidating, and the staff was attentive. The only possible negative was the speed of the food delivery was a little long; however, this was not a problem for us because we met there as friends to get caught up through conversation. This is someplace you want to go when you're not in a hurry to eat and leave.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great dinning experience! Creative menu, loved watching people on the street. Requested a take out of the lavendar/lemon sorbet and it was granted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IN Love in Lovelandmombux2youDined on 8/5/2014MY favorite place to eat in Loveland , Ohio is Tano! Always fresh food, always prepared with pride , and always the way you want it. Fresh ingredients are always such a treat when dining out. When I asked to change my pasta to spinach on the Eggplant dish, the chef complied with no problem. I have never had a bad meal, and it is presented so beautifully. Best part is its so close to home! Tonight was a bit noisey but we happened to be sitting next to a table of people who were quite loud....not always the case!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentjobartDined on 8/5/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Tanos. So fortunate it is near my home as well. Never disappointed when we entertain friends there. Servers are knowledgeable, friendly, polite, and the food is always excellent. We had four different entrees at our table and everyone loved them. Hoping they will stay in Loveland for a very long time!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Another great Tano's ExperienceMrStargateDined on 8/2/2014It is not a secret that Tano's is our favorite place to eat. We booked through Open Table at 8:30, as we were just looking for a place to eat late in the afternoon. While we could have gotten in earlier since it was not packed, we were lucky enough to have Kristie as our server (she's great - ask for her if you can!). Being the picky eater I am, I asked for a salad not on the menu - and they complied, making me a nice wedge. The Mrs. had the house salad and it was to her usual liking. My wife had the salmon special and I had the Amish chicken. Both were great. For desert, we finished off with the usual flourless chocolate torte (ask for it if it isn't on the menu - it is to die for!). Chef Andrew came out to greet us as well. A+!!Special Features:
- DisappointingKippDined on 7/26/2014We have patronized this restaurant many times, this was the most disappointing experience to date. We were forgotten several times from the moment we were seated. Unusually, my lamb (and that of a table mate) was rather tough, and my wife's halibut dry as if under the heat lamp. Oh well, time to try something new.
- GWLTKTJALOOMITISDined on 7/25/2014TANO'S HAS A WONDERFUL AMBIENCE, WONDERFUL SERVICE AND VERY GOOD FOOD. THE FOOD IS PREPARED PERFECTLY AND SERVED ATTRACTIVLY. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT FOR CHILDREN.Special Features:
- Good stuff!!burgof6Dined on 7/23/2014I chose Tano kind of minute for my husbands birthday. We like to say we have a restaurant bucket list but we actually just try to go to different places. Tano was amazing! We enjoyed the trio of stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer... Fresh bread and salads. My husband had the 3 Little Pigs and I enjoyed the tortilla crusted shrimp. We cleared our plates....no leftovers! We did eat outside and although it was rush hour traffic and was a little loud but it didn't take away from the enjoyment of the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- R2D2Dined on 7/18/2014We were very happy with our service and smiling faces! The food choices were wonderful. We all agreed the food prep and presentation was very nice . The taste and flavors were right on! Rice and rossoto dishes were not dry. We all left saying we would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightJulesgirlVIPDined on 7/18/2014Met a friend here to catch up after a hectic month. Great choice-meal was wonderful and service was easygoing. We never felt rushed or interrupted as we talked the night away.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Tano Bistro is terrible. Food id awful and the prices way out of line. The worst restaurant in the area!
- We love Tano!LLBBDined on 7/11/2014we had a great time at Tano. Our table was located on the bar side of the restaurant which is a bit more lively. The menu selection was very good and we selected the three course dinner for only $18. ----- a great bargin! The food was delicious. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- AWESOMEAWESOMEDined on 7/8/2014Food is always consistent! Always great food and service! Amy provides great service!Special Features: