464 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA 02474Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tangoarlington.com/
- Phone: 7814439000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available for any occasion. Please call Tango Restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private functions at Tango Restaurant can be booked for a maximum of 65 people on certain days and times. Please call the manager for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 7814439000
- Entertainment: Please join us Friday nights for Live Music with Alejandro and Juan!
A word from Tango Restaurant
If there is a single food that can represent Argentina, it is beef. The rich grassland plains, the pampas, rest in the shadows of the Andes and feed the people not only their wheat and corn, but also the grazing land for the cattle and sheep. Argentine beef is highly prized for its flavor and tenderness. It is our wish that at Tango you will experience a bit of Argentina and enjoy this authentic and unique cuisine. Buen Provecho!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tango Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (23)romantic (21)good for groups (20)notable wine list (12)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- encantadorestradaDined on 10/17/2014Me facina la comida, la atención, y lo familiar q se siente estar alli. El ambiente es superSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but NiceSFdinerDined on 10/11/2014Tango is a noisy neighborhood gem that is larger than you think. Natalia, our waitress, was terrific.:-courteous, prompt and right on suggestions. The host also was courteous and responsive to our wishes. Polenta with mushroom sauce was excellent as was our salad. Skirt steak was a bit chewy, but tasty, while squash/potato mix and fried potatoes were excellent. Flan was outstanding and we both liked our drinks (sangria and a pomegranate fizz. Tango has a nice vibe but it really is a bit much in the noise category. Toning it down would help the overall conversation experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes to TangoJDGGSGDined on 10/11/2014We eat at Tango periodically. We like the food and the service a lot and it is reasonably priced. The only down side is that it is very noisy. There are no quiet places away from the din.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JM4KDined on 9/27/2014Very good spot for meat eaters. Food is terrific, nice atmosphere. Perhaps a little noisy but worth the effort.Special Features:
- A treatboxochocDined on 9/13/2014Overall a wonderful meal. Their vaunted chimichurri sauce tastes simply like salad dressing. The rolls were cold and tasteless; no wonder they present the chimichurri sauce with it. The meat course was what we came for. Argentina is known for excellent beef and Tango delivered with the filet mignon. Note the thicker the piece of meat you select, the more delicious it is likely to be. Also the lamb chops were tasty. The optional side sauces are only $3 each - the caramelized onions were delicious - considering you are paying about $30 for the meat, you should not be afraid to indulge in the sauce. The side dishes were also flavorful, from their "Tango fries" (actually home-made potato chips) to salad with perfectly light dressing.Special Features:
- great steakETArlingtonDined on 9/10/2014The steak is amazing, but if the waiter recommends medium rather than medium rare, agree (or at least ask for the inside to be pink rather than red). The Tango Fries were a little hard but everything else, including the garlic steak sauce were great (although the medium rare steak was rare).Special Features:
- More of the same isn't a bad thingAlkylidyneDined on 9/6/2014Another great dinner at Tango. Minor negatives: Costillas de Cordero were more medium than medium rare (not a big deal since they're outstanding either way) and refilling water was a little slow. Positives: prompt service (other than the water), Chimichuri sauce has changed slightly but remains out-of-this-world-a-meal-by-itself-with-a-loaf-of-bread-delicious, Costillas de Cordero (need I say more?), and the owner/manager *unobtrusively* stopped by our table to inquire about our meal. Would I dine there again? Would I recommend Tango? Do you really have to ask; to assuage any doubts the answers are, "Without a doubt!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindchriscrashDined on 8/22/2014I was more than pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. Everything was top notch from start to finish and they are very accommodating to gluten allergies if you have one. Great food, wine, service, and price. I will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:
- AmazingDLFoodieDined on 8/15/2014The food, the service, the cocktails...all top notch. Great atmosphere as well. I had the bacon wrapped dates and the the filet with peppercorn sauce. All I wanted to do the next day was go back and try some of the other dishes. I will be sure to do so soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!Proggirl2Dined on 8/15/2014The steaks melted in your mouth - the waiter was friendly and helpful. The owner even came by to see if our accommodations were suitable. We loved it. Our new special occasion place!Special Features:
- Good as alwaysHappyVIPDined on 8/14/2014Dinner was great. Love the empanadas and chips. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return VisitPeetieDined on 8/14/2014The traffic was awful: 35 minute journey turning into 75 minutes. This was quickly behind me as my companion and I enjoyed the wine and food. Prix Fixe menu was very satisfying and the service was friendly and discrete. I particularly enjoyed the Cannelone Champignones and we both enjoyed the flan (dessert). We have been a couple of times before but not for twelve months and would happily recommend TANGO.Special Features:
- Great food and servicearaculDined on 7/30/2014The food was delicious and not over-sized. Good vine selection. Very quite and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- ReunionPuravidaDined on 7/28/2014A group of friends and I had a 7:30 reservation and were so caught up in catching up that we didn't even order until almost 9. We were never rushed out, we were treated well and the food was wonderful. A bit $$$- but worth it for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- getting worsedinerDined on 7/15/2014I love Tango, but each time I go, the experience gets worse. Food is about average and this time we had to listen to beeping of a fire or smoke alarm. No attempt was made to disconnect the alarm and no one really apologized for the inconvenience.
- SunshineArlington123Dined on 7/12/2014This was our first time going to Tango and have heard great things about it. The service was great along with the entire meal, appetizer and specialty drinks. The filet was absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked! And his sirloin was delicious as well. My husband & I had a wonderful date night and will certainly return there in the future! Definitely 4-5 stars!Special Features:
- The following 913 reviews are from the Tango Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great place, but not for dietsHdhejVIPDined on 7/3/2014The fried food and grill steaks are great, but hard to find anything healthy and low calorie. The only good choice was the salmon. If you want to go you might have to leave the diet at home.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakETArlingtonDined on 6/23/2014I had the sirloin and it was best meat I've had in a long time. The waiter was helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about wine and beef. The restaurant decor is hip, and I will definitely go back when I want perfectly prepared beef.Special Features:
- Not as good as beforeBeeJayDined on 6/21/2014We have dined at Tango from time to time for many years. This recent visit was not as good as before--which would have been close to five stars. We will give them another try, but not soon. The crowd was less than we expected based on our past visits, so maybe there is a message in that.
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014The food and the service were excellent. We received a warm greeting, followed by a very friendly and knowledgeable waiter that did not rush us at any point. We would highly recommend Tango Restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT AS USUALPeterDined on 6/14/2014ONE WORD AWESOME!!!!!!!, This is our 4th time at this restaurant and we love it. They are kid friendly and the staff is very nice. Definitely we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eats!aspiDined on 6/14/2014The food is really really good, great cuts of meat and cooked to perfection. The sides were also well prepared. Really enjoyed the cocktails which had just the right mix.Special Features:
- Tango is Terrific!DeeJayDined on 6/1/2014We celebrated a birthday with a group of six. Everyone ordered a steak of some sort. The Argentinian beef was as good or better than in the top steakhouses, and cooked perfectly to order. Side dishes like home-made truffle potato "chips", a fresh vegetable melange, and their signature white and sweet potato puree were excellent. But the highlight was dessert - a light yet decadent flan with dulce de leche, and a mango mousse cake. Nice wine list, attentive service. Definitely a restaurant worth a return trip.Special Features:
- Authentic dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/24/2014I agree with others about the beef empanadas. You must try them. The ingredients were cooked to perfection as was the pastry. My husband had the beef Milanese and potatoes. It did not disappoint. Lots of flavor in every bite. I had the baked stuffed peppers (made with ground chicken). After having the empanadas, this was a let down. The portion was generous but something about it just fell flat. The dulce de leche crepes were fantastic. The bar seemed to be filled with friends having a good time eating and drinking at the bar. This was our 2nd visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little Flair in ArlingtonjordantDined on 5/24/2014Upon walking in, we were promptly greeted and seated even though we were a bit early for our reservation. Our waiter was very attentive and before long we had ordered empanadas. It was great to be able to mix the types in one order! They were great, as was the bread and doing sauce. We ordered skirt steak and salmon. Both came out hot and perfectly seasoned and cooked. It was also nice to choose from the delicious sides. By the time the check came, we were stuffed and could try any of the desserts. We had a great time time overall. It was a bit pricey but we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014We went to Tango on a whim...Loved it! The dates wrapped in bacon are amazing. The drinks were fantastic. The dinner delicious. Our server, Edison, was excellent at his job. Great vibe. We loved our experience at Tango. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014Empanadas are fantastic app to start. The steaks are excellent and highly recommend the creamy peppercorn sauce! Always a great meal here and very good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for pre-theaterDavidInBostonDined on 5/16/2014First experience w/Tango as pre-theater dinner before Regent Theater. We were party of 6, including one with specific food issues that require close attention by the kitchen. Over all, the food was good ... nothing particularly outstanding, but all tasty and well prepared. We were there early (6pm), so the place was pretty empty ... but jammed and kckin' by the time we left! Solid choice for Arlington dining.
- santidinerDined on 5/11/2014The Churrasco was excellent--an excellent cut and perfectly cooked. The side dishes, and this seems typical of several other restaurants I've been to lately, lack imagination.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyluv2dineDined on 5/11/2014There was a party of 11 of us that went on Mothers day, in which i understand is a task in itself( having been a waitress). But the service here was not quick at all. It seems to me that this place is understaffed,and the serversdont pay much attention to see if their food is being made properly. The server messed up our bill, brought out the childrens meals first and then we had to wait another 20 min for the adult meals,which by then the kids had nothing to do and quite frankly got anxsy when it was our turn to eat. We ordered two$45 meat plates,and one was obvious that it was missing way more meat than the other, not to mention that it didnt even have the blood sausages. Will not go again,nor reccomend.Special Features:
- Dinner at TangositeseerDined on 5/11/2014The food was great. The Chorizo and Sausage appetizer was very good. The filet mignon's were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014We booked dinner pre-theater and all agree we will return for another fun and delicious meal. From the warm greeting (on a stormy evening) to dinners end staff was knowledgeable and helpful. As suggested the empanadas warm and flakey. The bacon wrapped dates were memorable. Steaks were seasoned well and grilled to perfection. Flan with dulce con leche was fantastic. On street parking and easy to find, we highly recommend Tango.Special Features:
- First visitNettaVIPDined on 5/4/2014Our first trip to Tango won't be our last. We were very pleased with our food and especially with our waiter, Bernardo.Special Features:
- More style than substancecambridgeladyDined on 5/3/2014Husband and I decided to try this place with my mother- and father-in-law. Atmosphere is cute and it seems like it would be a nice place to get a drink at the bar. Service was slow despite empty tables, but otherwise ok. But the food was really disappointing. Father-in-law got the spaghetti, which he said was basically pasta in tomato-water. Mother-in-law got a very overcooked chicken dish. Husband ordered a medium-well steak that was gray and dry all the way through. My salmon was overcooked, which doesn't bother me, but someone who loves salmon probably wouldn't have liked it. Our bread was under-baked. Might have been an off-night for the cook? We won't be going back to find out.
- Empanadas were deliciousLookingforArgentinaDined on 5/3/2014I was expecting too much. A couple of pictures of a tango singer and dancer do not an Argentinian restaurant make. Argentina is known for its beef. My steak had sinew running through it and was not as tender as I might expect from Argentina. I asked my native Argentinian date whether she preferred Tango to a Peruvian restaurant we visited in Providence. She demurred saying we had seafood at the Peruvian restaurant. Had the Argentine fare been on par, I would have expected a ringing endorsement based on nostalgia alone.Special Features:
- TangoCatsDined on 5/2/2014I had a bad experience there about a year ago and decided to give it another try. It was better this time but I won't be going back. It's overpriced and the quantity of the food has declined.
- too saltynosaltpleaseDined on 4/26/2014We were disappointed with the level of salt that was used in the various items in our four dinners.
- Memories are sweetCarolruth23VIPDined on 4/25/2014We had not been at Tango for a few years. Our memories were of terrific food - especially the skirt steak and the lamb chops. We took another couple and we were all disappointed. The lamb chops were fabulous - cooked perfectly. The flank steaks were disappointing in appearance and in taste. The steals were long and narrow and had a meager appearance on the plate. Next to the lamb chops, the steak looked even more sorrowful. The steak tasted OK, but not as flavorful as the chops.Two of the plates came with cold vegetables that had to be replaced. Butternut squash and sweet potato was tasty as was the Parmesan crisps. Will not be returning too soon.Special Features:
- Food qualitydisappointedDined on 4/24/2014This is was my forth trial of this place. The food quality is certainly degraded to very low; However the prices are always up. I had the feeling that I am served microwaved food. It was certainly my last going to this restaurant. The person who served was really nice and the only note worthy experience of this outing. I am truly disappointed with the quality, the Salomon was completely dry, the fried potato was obviously a few days old and cold too. My invitees could not even finish half of their plate. We could have had much better quality food for one fourth of the price we paid anywhere else.Special Features:
- not as good as previous visitsjoerDined on 4/23/2014Usually the atmosphere is much better. This time, for some reason, it was way too dark. The food was excellent as usual, but apparently something in the experience is missing without seeing what you eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.