464 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA 02474Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tangoarlington.com/
- Phone: (781) 443-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available for any occasion. Please call Tango Restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private functions at Tango Restaurant can be booked for a maximum of 65 people on certain days and times. Please call the manager for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 7814439000
- Entertainment: Please join us Friday nights for Live Music with Alejandro and Juan!
A word from Tango Restaurant
If there is a single food that can represent Argentina, it is beef. The rich grassland plains, the pampas, rest in the shadows of the Andes and feed the people not only their wheat and corn, but also the grazing land for the cattle and sheep. Argentine beef is highly prized for its flavor and tenderness. It is our wish that at Tango you will experience a bit of Argentina and enjoy this authentic and unique cuisine. Buen Provecho!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tango Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (22)romantic (21)good for groups (21)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Close to the real thingKlosterDined on 1/13/2014I don't know how they manage but, the beef is the closest I have found to Argentine beef's flavor and tenderness. This was my second visit (first one in late December). The menu selections are ample and the two entrees I have sampled so far were both excellent: lamp chops and Bife de Chorizo. Appetizers: Lamb chops (2) in quince sauce was outstanding; provoleta (grilled provolone), empanadas, and chorizo & morcilla (sausage and blood sausage) flavorful and reminiscent of the food available on the Costa Negra many years ago. Sides: mashed sweet potato and squash combination - outstanding. Accompanied by a good Malbec. Service was attentive and very competent. On-street parking is the only negative.Special Features:
- We went to the restaurantrguliaDined on 1/5/2014We went to the restaurant on quiet evening, following the Christmas holidays, not particularly busy, and that was nice and quiet. I heard that the place is otherwise quite busy. Even though they were running on a reduced staff, I found the service impeccable. The food was very good. My steak (a Churrasco) was grilled perfectly and the starters (empanadas with Chimichurri sauce) were absolutely outstanding. My wife's entree was good, but less satisfactory. She ordered cannelloni, which were ok, but they were smothered under way too much cheese to appreciate any texture. Overall, food gets four stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JeffVIPDined on 1/4/2014The food was outstanding. The service was a little on the slow side, but our waiter was working a large section that had a party of 6 in it, so it wasn't too bad. The chimichuri sauce is fantastic. If they were to bottle it, I would buy all of it!! Great lamb chops and the tango fries are delicious!Special Features:
- Not for New Year's Dinner!KevinDined on 12/31/2013Have eaten here many times. Wonderful food and service. Ran out of potatoes by 8:30! Substitute was other available veggies a da risotto that was like glue. Presentation poor. Seemed like an assembly. Veggies just boiled over cooked and jammed on plate. Steak had no taste. Shrimp sauce had no taste and was like water. Menu limited. Come on Tango, you can do better!
- Perfecto!TonyViDined on 12/31/2013Great atmosphere, we noticed that owner is always on top of everything, that is a good sign. Food was good, sirloin and filet mignon are just awe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodannieDined on 12/28/2013Waitress very helpful in selecting appetizers and main courses; kitchen very accommodating of special orders. on the pricey side given that ambiance not outstanding, but--in retrospect--food well worth every penny! We went there with a gift card from Phantom Gourmet, but we will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakrandhDined on 12/21/2013Steak was good. Portions large. Steak tips were not so good (fatty, hard to chew). Service was attentive but not overbearing; waiter was knowledgeable and had good suggestions. Restaurant was somewhat noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaksAnthonyDined on 12/13/2013Walking into the restaurant, I could hear a live musician playing guitar. My wife and I were seated in a very nice table next to the window. We started off with the bacon wrapped dates which were very good. I ended up ordering the filet mignon with the malbec reduction sauce which was absolutely delicious and cooked perfectly. My sides were the veg of the day and the pure porteno which were both mediocre. My wife got the skirt steak with tango fries and mixed greens, all of which were good. We shared the panqueque de dulce de leche with coffee to finish things off. Overall, we left very satisfied and consider this one of our favorite restaurants in arlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty chimichurridisappointedshrimploverDined on 12/7/2013Went to this restaurant on recommendation of a friend but found a few things which could improve. The chicken milianese tasted a bit like processed chicken, perhaps the way they flatten it causes the texture to change. Hubby's steak tips were tender but not very flavorful The sides were all quite good. Chocolate mousse cake was good but not outstanding, we were glad that we had only ordered the one dessert. The chocolate sauce tasted more like Hershey's syrup than a fine home made chocolate.sauce. Parking in that area is tough on a Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteTajtooDined on 12/7/2013This was our first time at Tango, but it won't be the last. The restaurant was fabulous. Just about the best piece of filet mignon I've ever had. And don't miss the dates wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese. The service was great; well paced and attentive. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Indeed they did it again...AlkylidyneDined on 12/6/2013Though I was actually there for the company the dinner only enhanced the evening. Or put another way, I can finally answer the question as to what my last meal would be: Costillos de Cordero. As for the other details: Service was very good; the only minor negative was being a little slow to refill the water glasses. Otherwise, it was outstanding! I'd recommend Tango without hesitation and will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable and great food to be hadNacoDined on 11/23/2013We have been here multiple times and always enjoy the food. Since I was last there, I have become gluten free. I was happy to see that they mark on their menu, which items contain gluten. Unfortunately there were no gluten free dessert items. The restaurant is a plus to the Arlington center. I would definitely recommend going there. Our only issue this time was our server was a little slow.Special Features:
- Regent theater-dinnerregentdinner4Dined on 11/22/2013We went to Tango as part of a Regent theater-dinner package. The food was very good, and the service was outstanding. The chef went around the tables soliciting information about his meals. That must take a certain level of confidence in his cooking abilities. His reports must have been all good on the night we went because he was smiling as he came to our table. Our positive input seemed to brighten his smile even more. We will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsfoodie4everDined on 11/16/2013This was my third visit to Tango in the last two years and it remains consistently top-notch. The wine list is both extensive and reasonably priced. The menu offers an interesting mix of Argentine and American steakhouse favorites. The churrasco (a sirloin strip steak) was fantastic. My wife raved about her lamb chops. Entress come with a choice of two sides from a selection of American and Argentine vegetable offerings. The porteno, a mix of mashed butternut squash and sweet potato, was delicious. The service was impeccable. If I had to choose one phrase to sum up Tango, I would say that it has class. Try it -- you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, authentic food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013My parents and I chose Tango for my birthday dinner since I had spent a semester in Argentina. The food was awesome! We started with empanadas which were delicious and authentic (the ham and cheese was especially good), and my father and I both ordered the filet, both of which were perfectly cooked. The homemade chimichurri sauce was delicious and made me feel as though I was back in Argentina--it tasted great with bread and on the steak. My mom had grilled lamb chops which she loved. The service was great, our waiter was very personable, helpful and attentive. The wine list was extensive, and the specialty drinks were interesting too. I had sangria made with Malbec, which i would definitely recommend. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tango is my favorite restaurantTangoFanaticDined on 11/2/2013Tango is my favorite restaurant to visit! I'm always appreciative of their consistently delicious food, and genuinely warm service. Come to Tango to enjoy their amazing Argentine cuisine, and feel like part of the family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great argentinian food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013Argentinians know meat and how to grill it, very good 'parrilla' and 'bife de chorizo'., and their Merlot was exquisite. Our last visit was gifted with a small guitar group that played really well, people sang along and danced.Special Features:
- Great BeefDavidVIPDined on 10/31/2013As always, the beef is spectacular. They have changed their menu since my last meal there, and there is only one fish item (salmon) and one lamb item. Otherwise, it's all from the cow.Special Features:
- Fun, Fine Food in a Noisy RoomFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/25/2013I was going to take off 2 stars for the slow service, but realized that on this evening they were unusually overcrowded due to a coupon expiration date. The food was all excellent: in particular, the salmon had a rare delicious flavor, and the steak was top quality. The restaurant is always very noisy (not helped by the high turnout this night). Management is quite nice (and lively), as are the wait staff. All said I love the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local restaurant. DoesGatsbyVIPDined on 10/25/2013Good local restaurant. Does not rise to the level of exceptional. Decent , though not inexpensive, steaks. Can be a little loud at times. Not an intimate dining experience.Service was adequate.
- excellent! since we came toMeliDined on 10/20/2013excellent! since we came to this country had not eaten a good steak! we loved! care environment and very good! I congratulate you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak LoversthetowneDined on 10/19/2013Steak lovers, especailly those who crave favorful filet mignon, don't miss out on trying Tango's. With their multiple offering of different reduction sauses or just have it plain it is absolutely outstanding and reasonably priced. Add to it ample sides dishes to your entre and will leave be quite satisfied after your dining experience. Bacon wrapped dates, pan seared mushrooms topped with melted cheese and a great selection of Argentinian wines are just a few honorable mentions to Tango's fame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excelletnt. We hadJeffreyDined on 10/19/2013Food was excelletnt. We had a reservation and our table was ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Neighborhood GemRosiDined on 10/17/2013My first time here. Everything was perfect. Service was wonderful. Our waiter was knowledgeable and professional. The suggestions he made were delicious. Helped us also to choose a nice Argentine. We will SURELY come back again.Special Features:
- Best service in recent visitsEdwardVIPDined on 10/12/2013Tango is a regular choice for us because of the great steaks and potatoes. In the last 1-2 years, though, service from the kitchen has been really spotty; sometimes waiting 45 minutes or more for a steak. But this Saturday night, the service could not have been better. Apps came right away. They also included a free special of the day app. The main courses came within 10 minutes of clearing the app plates. And when we were done eating the server came right by so we could ask for the check. The only thing that prevented 5 stars for Food is that they need to make the fried potatoes slightly thicker the way they used to be so you can stick a fork through them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing eveningsallenVIPDined on 10/12/2013we were bored by our meal, disappointed with the service, and will not return
- Terrible ServicekpuddyVIPDined on 9/28/2013Waited over an hour for our food and after complaining they did nothing to make up for it. Not worth the time and money.
- I was very disappointed byPoilla01Dined on 9/28/2013I was very disappointed by the service is sad to see such a poor service in a Place that I was looking forward to go to celebrated my weeding anniversary dinning. The food was good it was the only thing good about it.
- Tango RocksMcDonaTangoDined on 9/25/2013I could write a book about how fantastic Tango is but you need to experience it to really understand what a great restaurant is supposed to be like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience not close to expectationPeterDined on 9/21/2013The grilled provolone cheese tasted more like mozzarella than provolone. The parrillada was not the typical I've seen in the past with candles keeping things warm rather than some hot coal. The dulce de leche was too watery.
- Great find!SuzyDined on 9/14/2013I would have given this a overall rating of 5 if it were not for the service, which was extremely slow the night we were there. Will definitely give it another try as the food was delicous.Special Features:
- excellent meat, and not onlyjoerDined on 9/2/2013We love the food here, and are happy we found a place that knows what "medium" really is :-) All dishes were very good. Although not exactly kids friendly, they are always good with our kids and adjust the dishes to our request. Most of noise level probably came from our children so it's possible it was more than moderate...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Count on it!ThecageyoneDined on 8/26/2013Tango always delivers. They know who they are and they prepare their fare very well. A reserve Malbec with a hanger steak at Tango is the most dependable meal you can have in the Boston/Cambridge area. Order anything on the menu, relax, and prepare yourself for an enjoyable culinary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHappyVIPDined on 8/15/2013They just changed their menu after 10 years. Some good things are missing (like the spinach empanada) but some new things have been added. I tried the steak tips which were very good with their usual sweet potato/squash vegetable and tango fries which are the best. Ended the meal with a great crepe (dolce de leche) and cappuccino. Will be back again and again. Thanks Tango.Special Features:
- Uncharacteristically disappointingAlkylidyneDined on 8/10/2013This visit was extremely disappointing. The management/kitchen prioritized large parties (18 and 7) over everyone else in a sparsely filled dining room - the party of 7 literally held the door open for us and had pretty much finished their meals before we received our two entrees, 75+ min *after* we ordered. Other small parties appeared to experience the same inexcusable delay. This is the first time this has occurred to such an unacceptable degree; not an excuse but also not yet a major trend (which, yes, implies similar things have happened before to a lesser extent). Dinner, once it arrived, was "great," but not the usual "excellent." Regardless of our server's repeated apologies, I will not be so gracious should this happen again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KidsDavidVIPDined on 8/10/2013I don't know how you fix this, but a small child who is screaming during an entire meal has a very negative impact on people who are trying to enjoy themselves. That problem, coupled with an already high noise level, made it very difficult for us to hear each other speak. Also, service was not as crisp as it usually is; the second bottle of wine arrived well after our entrees arrived. Also, I can't tell from my receipt whether the $15 was applied or not. The server should have reminded me that he had applied it (which I don't think he actually did).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love TangoKittyandCoDined on 8/8/2013Our family loves the food at Tango. Business colleagues from around the country rave about the steak. I can't comment on the wine list; we stick with a Catena Malbec, which is really rich and compliments the beef perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is unique cuisine in thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013It is unique cuisine in this part of the world, and that is why I recommend it to anyone who's interested in experiencing something new. Having lived in Argentina I am impressed with what they have carried over--as well as some modifications for N. Americans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 10 years! We had anotherHate2cookVIPDined on 7/31/2013Happy 10 years! We had another nice meal at Tango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef to die forJoanDined on 7/30/2013This Argentinian restaurant in Arlington has consistently good food and exceptionally good beef - their specialty. The Sangria is also good as are some of the "sides," especially the mashed butternut squash and sweet potato combo. We have also found the service here to be outstanding and friendly, and if you want to practice your Spanish, it's a great opportunity as the wait staff are mostly bi-lingual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.