464 Massachusetts Avenue
Arlington, MA 02474Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tangoarlington.com/
- Phone: (781) 443-9000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Latin American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available for any occasion. Please call Tango Restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private functions at Tango Restaurant can be booked for a maximum of 65 people on certain days and times. Please call the manager for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 7814439000
- Entertainment: Please join us Friday nights for Live Music with Alejandro and Juan!
A word from Tango Restaurant
If there is a single food that can represent Argentina, it is beef. The rich grassland plains, the pampas, rest in the shadows of the Andes and feed the people not only their wheat and corn, but also the grazing land for the cattle and sheep. Argentine beef is highly prized for its flavor and tenderness. It is our wish that at Tango you will experience a bit of Argentina and enjoy this authentic and unique cuisine. Buen Provecho!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tango Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (23)good for groups (22)romantic (21)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- UNBELIEVABLE.... we will beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2009UNBELIEVABLE.... we will be back asap. amazing food, fantastic atmosphere. the menu is incredible and we LOVED every moment of our fantastic dinner ( and appetizers, and desserts.... AWESOME!)Special Features:
- This is the place to go ifOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2009This is the place to go if you like meat. Both of our dishes were prepared perfectly.
- Best steak since El GauchoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2009Best steak since El Gaucho in Aruba. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- It was my first time at Tango.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2009It was my first time at Tango. I heard about them on Phantom Gormet. The food was Great! The waitress was so sweet. She took the time to ask whether or not it was my first time there! She explained the menu too. A great experience. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We love this restaurant -OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2009We love this restaurant - great Empanadas, Great Sirloin Steak and awesome Chimachurri Sauce. Nice selection of Malbecs and friendly staff. We go every few weeks...Special Features:
- Food was excellent as wasCriticalDined on 3/28/2009Food was excellent as was the service. Will return soon.Special Features:
- This was our first time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2009This was our first time there. The food and appetizer we had were excellent. Not a large place and tables for two were a little close for a private conversation but not so close you felt like you were part of their party. Ambieance and music relaxing. We didn't feel rushed. Meals took a little time to arrive but weren't in a rush and wanted to relax and enjoy our eveining. Overall service was good and attentive without being intrusive by many visits back to the table. They must have been observing from afar, sensing when we needed something. It helped us relax and not feel rushed so they could turn over a table. Would recommend reservations. This is/seems to be a very popular place. We will definately go back if we are in the areaSpecial Features:
- I'm gonna say it, becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/24/2009I'm gonna say it, because it needs to be said. Best steak in boston, hands down. I started a group where we visit steak houses in and around Boston, and Tango is consistently better than any other, even the big, well known power steak house. If you need any other reason to go, their Argentinian chimichurri sauce is delicious, and can be put on anything. Yes, anything.Special Features:
- Everything was amazing exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2009Everything was amazing except for the service. The food was great. The restaurant ambiance was wonderful. We watched 3 other tables get seated (one table about a half an hour after us) and ALL got served BEFORE us. When we asked why it took an hour and a half for our entrees, we were told it was because we ordered medium well. Seriously? Our waitress NEVER asked how our drinks/appetizers were. We had an entire bottle of wine and sangrias and wanted MORE but never got asked. At least be honest with us! Our waitress neglected us and NEVER checked in. We won't hold that against the restaurant... we are always looking for good Argentine steak and it was very good food. Just a bad waitress.
- The menu is unique and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2009The menu is unique and the food was very good. Our only complaint was that when our waitress served our entrees, she took all four of our knives with her (presumably to replace them with more appropriate steak knives). After waiting a few minutes, we waived down another server for help. Finally, three steak knives arrived and those who ordered steak were able to eat. We never got another knife for the swordfish dish!Special Features:
- The food was great. The experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/21/2009The food was great. The experience of getting a table was frustrating. We had a reservation, but when we arrived the staff was in a panic over the departure of a birthday party. There was a long line of people at the door waiting while they set up tables so we could sit. Unfortunately, people without reservations were not asked to turn in their names for a table, so when people like us with reservations arrived, they thought we were jumping the line. There was a lot of anger among the crowd which led to impatience with the service. The staff didn't handle it well. Some tables got bread, others didn't, some got wine, others were never asked. Everyone around us was angry and the staff seemed to get even more flustered.Special Features:
- The steaks were just ok.BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2009The steaks were just ok.Better steaks at the 99 or outback for sure. Flavor was good but not as lean as i thought it would be.If that was argentinian beef i think they killed the wrong cow.Dessert was the worst. I got the philo dough and caramel,get me a hammer and chisel.Would not go there anytime soon.Looked much better when phantom was there.
- the food is good, but theGrammaDined on 3/20/2009the food is good, but the lack of soundproofing makes conversation difficult. On weekends they have too few staff-- causing long delays in service.
- The food was exceptional asOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/19/2009The food was exceptional as always. Our favorite dish is the parillada for one since it's enough for two to share! The fried potato chips are our favorite side item. The service is ok though understandable since they only have few waiters. Our water was not refilled and our dessert was forgotten until we asked for it. Since we of course did not finish our meal, we asked the leftovers be wrapped up. When we got home, we were surprised to find only half the leftovers were packed up. Parking always seems to be the worst part of our experience. Overall, we always leave happy and quite satisfied.Special Features:
- The food was cooked to perfection.GOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2009The food was cooked to perfection.Great service.I will be back againSpecial Features:
- This was our first time atPlayLeftyCZDined on 3/14/2009This was our first time at Tango - and we absolutely loved it! Our waitress greeted us warmly to take our drink order and when it came time to order, she enthusiastically answered our questions about the menu items. We ordered the special Churrasco steak stuffed with sausage and it was out of this world! So was the sangria! The owner even came over to our table to make sure everything was great - we all introduced ourselves - and we immediately knew that this was going to be one of our favorite restaurants. I am moving end of June to Arlington - and I will be able to walk to Tango - how good does it get? Great restaurant - and the ambiance is comfortable and vibrant (ladies' room was immaculate too!). Highly recommend!!!Special Features: