Tango Grill (FKA Eclisse)
700 Canal Street
Stamford, CT 06902Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $30 and under
Tango Grill (FKA Eclisse)
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eclissestamford.com/
- Phone: 2033253773x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am -10:30pm
Friday: 11:30am -11:30pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Occasional comedy nights, live music
- Public Transit: We are located less than five minutes away from Stamford train station. less than a third of a mile from high way I95. shuttle bus service available from train station to the parking lot.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Our parking lot acommodates up to 300 cars, shuttle busses and also one of two helliports in stamford.it is conveniently located less than 20 feet away from the restaurant main enterance.
A word from Tango Grill (FKA Eclisse)
ARGENTINIAN and ITALIAN cuisine. Combining the flavors of PAMPAS in ARGENTINA with classic ITALIAN cuisine. Please join us for happy hour from 4-7pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tango Grill (FKA Eclisse) reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (11)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great restaurantallibabaDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed the menu selections, some from Eclisse days new ones from Tango. I had the Paella, which was wonderful, my husband had the Veal Parm. and it was great as well. The tomato salad was wonderful and the plantine was great, so hard to find in this area. Will definitely go again and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmospherefoodforthoughtsDined on 8/16/2014The food and service was excellent but it could use some ambiance (candle, flower and/or music).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Good Food; Good Service;Despite surrounding area in midst of a major renovation and construction. Give it another year or so and the area should be a hot spot for tourists and others.Special Features:
- Food was bland tastingJA13Dined on 8/2/2014The entrees were very bland. They do not have Whole Wheat pasta. There are no vegetables served with the main course. A plop of mashed potatoes, unknown to us, so we ordered a side of roasted potatoes. We should have been told ahead of time, so that we could have ordered a green vegetableSpecial Features:
- Good experienceCorderoDined on 7/23/2014Service and food was good, except the tuna tartar i did not like but the risotto was excellent and the wine was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service took too long. It was notLillyDined on 7/21/2014busy maybe 5 tables. Need better signage as there is a little construction going on in back parking lot.Special Features:
- nice atmosphere, good foodfoodie80Dined on 7/3/2014It was the first time I tried this restaurant. I didn't know how it was before (when the name was Eclisse). I liked the place. The atmosphere is nice and quiet. Good for couples on a romantic date. Food was great and the wine list is impressive. Definitely recommended.Special Features:
- good food. good service.restaurantreviewerDined on 6/15/2014Only negative is the prices. Can be overpriced. Charged for refills of iced tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- binkyDined on 6/12/2014would recommend tango to all. Although very little has changed from original Eclisse. The important changes are noticeably obvious......The food is excellent the service is better than ever..... My wife and I highly recommend you all return to this renewed dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Go!EaterVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had a terrible experience at this restaurant. We waited a long time for them to serve our food and when they finally did, it was cold. Specifically, I ordered shrimp with yellow rice. I asked them to reheat my meal. This was a mistake because they just nuked it and then I had rubber, tasteless shrimp. They also served mashed potatos on everyone's plate which were ice cold like they had just been taken from the fridge. It took three requests to get hot potatos but by then, we were all finished eating. Service was spotty and it took a long time to get a second drink. Entrees were pricey with small portions. I liked it better when it was Eclisse.Special Features:
- Expensive drinksNomotangoDined on 5/24/2014We used to go quite a bit when it was ecliese . Kind of the same menu with a Argentina steak menu, a little confusing but ok. The food and steaks were excellent one of the best steak's we ever had. But the drink's ridiculously over priced 14.00 for a martini that's way out of line that's more than the finer steak houses in town. For that reason we will not be back.Special Features:
- Awful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014We were so looking forward to going to this place but, unfortunately, it was a disaster. We sat and waited for approx. 10 minutes for someone to come take the order, the waitress was not cordial at all, we waited 45 minutes for our meal and all this, with the place being half full. There were a Bride Shower and another table just being used with more than half the tables being empty. We are not going back there in the near future.
- Cold foodIrishcailinVIPDined on 5/17/2014We sat in the back room alongside a party of 30 people, the main dining room looks really nice, the back not as good. Service was good but they forgot once of our apps, then when our mains arrived our paella was very good but our friends had ordered steak and it was very cold! The table beside us also had a problem with their meal and sent it back. Our server was good enough to take the steak off the bill at the end. Definitely need improvements in the kitchen!Special Features:
- Eclisse or Tango Tango Steakhouse?DJSTEVEZDined on 5/10/2014I used to know this Restaurant as Eclisee, but their signs and menus said Tango Argentinian Steakhouse. They had computer printed paper signs taped on the glass doors saying "Eclisse". It appears as if the joint was remodeled to be an Steakhouse (the decor could never be mistaken for Italian). Perhaps it failed & they went back to Eclisse? The food was very good. My server was nice, but as has always been the case with Eclisse, the service is fair to poor. We had gone out for Saturday night for Mother's Day. The poor, inattentive service & collision bound pace of the busboys & expediters invariably diminished our enjoyment of the experience. This all could be corrected with proper training by management.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Tango Grill (FKA Eclisse) reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2014First of all the name has changed to Tango. It was hard to find, particularly in the rain. We ordered Champange and had to wait 10+ minutes for it to be chilled. We then ordered wine. Our first two selections were not available. We wound up with an inferior wine but it was chilled. The story we were continually told was new management and change over--that shouldn't be a problem for the customer. Our steaks were very good. My wife's pasta was mediocre. I recommend staying away until they have fixed their management and service delievery issues.
- A delightful surprrise.HandleVIPDined on 3/15/2014We made a last minute reservation and we're happy we did so. The menu has a good selection. Diners can choose individual plates or family sized portions. The service was attentive ans pronpt. We will return with friends. Also parking is available & free.Special Features:
- Great service...LisyDined on 2/28/2014Recently visited with a friend. They had great service and many attentive staff on hand. The food was good. Nothing miraculous. I ordered the tilapia pomodoro. It was good but it could have had more of a light feeling to it. It's accompanied by garlic spinach, which was super tasty, and garlic potatoes, which was placed on the plate with a fancy little design. I would have loved it if they were actually warm and not so pretty. Then, there was this strip of fried plantain sticking out of the potatoes. Again, the dish didn't need that. I wish the food tasted was more fresh. It was good and hearty, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little too lateNewToStamfordDined on 12/31/2013Recognize that New Years Eve is a tough night for a restaurant, but we did not get a table until an hour and 20 minutes after our reservation time. We were not the only ones with a long wait time either. Place was crowded and clearly popular, so obviously I am in the minority in this view, but first and last time for me. Tough to enjoy the dinner, even though the food was good, when we were over an hour late for meeting friends of ours and forced them to wait for us, because we had to wait so long to get a table. Bar tender was very courteous and did everything she could to help make the situation better, but the manager needs to get a better control over the situation. Don't think I have had to wait that long for any restaurant, ever.
- I have been here a few timesRonnieDined on 12/31/2013I have been here a few times with my family and we always feel welcome. The food is very good and the service is great. A nice neighborhood place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceKenHDined on 12/28/2013This is a nice place, but as of January, 2014, it is changing from an Italian family style restaurant to an Argentine steakhouse. The owners remain the same and some of the Italian meals appear to be on the new menu, but no longer family style, so the prices have gone up a lot as the family style portions which were a very good value no longer exist.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but now gone!JohnWVIPDined on 12/21/2013We started going to Eclisse about 20 years ago (or something close to that) and absolutely loved it. It was truly a special occasion kind of place back then. But my wife worked in Stamford at the time and was somewhat convenient for us, though we lived 20 to 30 miles away. She then changed jobs and getting to Stamford bacame more of an effort. Yet Eclisse carried on. We were on our way home from JFK on Saturday and decided to give it a try on our way home. Everything was still delicious, even if the ambience seemed lacking this time around. But before I go into details, I learned when we walked in the door that Eclisse would soon be no more. Even as I write, I think it has already become an Argentinian steakhouse. I will remember you well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was still good, but notAC27Dined on 12/18/2013Food was still good, but not as good as I remember. Atmosphere was comfortable, service adequate. They are in the process of a name and maybe menu change over as of January.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRAS1Dined on 12/9/2013It was a disappointing dining experience. While the food was ok, the service was awful. Our server was sarcastic and impatient. If we thought too long about our order she would just walk away without saying anything and we wouldn't see her again for a while. One of the members of our party had a serious nut allergy and the server appeared annoyed at this and was very unhelpful. She brought two people the wrong drink order and was mad because we questioned her and it took ten minutes to get the correct drinks. I will not go back there again.