6920 Macleod Trail South
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tangobistro.com/
- Phone: 4032524365x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday Brunch 9:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Gary Hennessey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for all groups, large or small. Contact Conrad for details firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-252-4365
- Special Events: We regularly hold wine tastings, wine pairings, beer pairings, etc.
A word from Tango Bistro
Tango Bistro serves small plates/share plates in a vibrant modern casual setting. Fully licensed with a great wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tango Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (62)fit for foodies (59)special occasion (42)great for lunch (33)romantic (29)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (16)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (14)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- troubleVIPDined on 9/1/2014I love the smaller portions so you can try a variety of dishes. Scallops were fantastic!
- sweenieDined on 8/30/2014Again, everything was oustanding! It is always a treat to dine at Tango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencepaidfordinnerDined on 8/30/2014We went for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The service was outstanding, the food amazing and it made our 1st experience their one to never be forgotten. I would highly recommend Tango to all my family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014The food as always was outstanding. Staff are great and make it a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellentajd123Dined on 8/13/2014The food was phenomenal! Every time I order scallops at a restaurant I am always disappointed, however Tango does it right! The scallops were perfectly cooked and the mushroom sauce complimented it perfectly. Also the bacon wrapped Bison is a must have! I love the Tapas style dinning, great for a group (as long as everyone is willing to share) and it is perfect for an intimate night out with a partner. The s'more dessert is tons of fun and a very unique Idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Another great meal at Tango! Never disappoints! I appreciate the variety on the Business Luncheon menu, not boring and very tasty. One timy comment, was disappointed in the beet fries. Too big and soggy. Would have expected a bit more crispness, but overall, did not detract all that much from the meal.Special Features:
- sweenieDined on 8/3/2014The food again was superb! Even tried new items on the new menu - koodos. Never disappointed with what is served. A little disappointed with the service this time though, especially as it wasn't that busy. Maybe just an off night. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeGirlzNightDined on 8/3/2014We first went to Tango in February & have been there 4 times now for different things. The service is always great, the staff is very knowledgable about the food & will make great suggestions if asked. We have never had anything we didn't like and the menu has changed slightly with every visit. The chocolate chip blood orange gelato cookies were a big hit this time! The other thing I really like is the value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small requestsNapkinLoveSwansDined on 8/1/2014When booking online I noticed the small requests box. Normally people would put "booth" or "table by a window" or "quiet section". Well I put "napkins folded into swans". Upon my arrival I found my table was covered in napkin swans! I didn't think they would actually do it but they did and it was such a pleasant greeting. The food and service was amazing and I can't wait to go back. Its nice to know that a restaurant will do anything to make your experience that much better even if it is doing a small ridiculous request like napkin swans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice evening at TangoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014We have been to Tango several times and always enjoy the experience. Four of us visited last Saturday evening and were not disappointed. There is a good selection on the menu and everything we had was tasty, well prepared and arrived piping hot to the table. The service was also attentive and timely. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Second better than firstsandalDined on 7/15/2014Our first visit was great but second was was also great. Different menu than Sunday night which we also enjoyed. Tapa special was outstanding with just enough "heat". Service provided by Janelle was exceptional. This is a great place for conversation, ambience, and tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not feel wellPamina25Dined on 7/15/2014I are dinner here with my mother and my husband, the food didn't taste good. The flavors were just lot right. We ordered 6 different dishes to share and we only enjoyed 1 of them. That night all 3 of us were quite ill so I can only assume it was where we ate
- Great place to eat. Nice surprise.ManTunTunDined on 7/12/2014You need a larger group of individuals to be able to enjoy a broader taste of the tapas. Wife and I went and we were struggling to finish some of the heavier tapas but we wanted more variety rather than volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryKatrinaLynDined on 7/10/2014I'm from out of town and love coming to the tango bistro anytime I am in Calgary. It has a great menu and atmosphere! I only wish there was one closer to home so I could go more often! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvisitingCalgarianDined on 7/9/2014I hadn't been to Tango since they first opened and liked the changes. Their business lunch is a good price at $16, with an adequate variety of choices. We ordered the oxtail soup for a first course - it was outstanding - and we would go back to Tango just for that. The blackberry salad was good. However, the macaroni and cheese left a lot to be desired. Two of us ordered it, and found it very dry, and the taste was pretty bland. I would definitely not order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDineDined on 7/4/2014Food was grea but perhaps a little less warm than it should have been. Our server (Stephanie) was terrific but another staff member was a little too enthusiastic in clearing dishes without asking if we were even finished with them...we weren't. The dishes we're simply whisked off the table without a word and she was gone before we could even object. In fairness all that was left was some sauce and a few small pieces but she should have asked. The drinks were nice, the food was good, the atmosphere pleasant and never felt remotely rushed (other than the described incident). I will go again.Special Features:
- Good FoodNsmbdmDined on 6/29/2014A tapas style restaurant. Great Sunday special for $20, with three courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go try itTimmyDined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent, the service was right on point. The manager in duty was more than willing to help bring out food and help with anything we needed as our server was quite busy. Been there once now but I will be going several more times. The quality to price point of the food was real high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighbourhood findWillowDined on 6/28/2014This is not great dining but it is fun and pretty good value. The menu is somewhat confusing but our server did help us along. Our choices arrived helter skelter which was OK but somehow didn't enhance the overall experience. The Margherita pizza was limp and the crust needed another two minutes in the oven. The scallops were perfectly seared but the accompanying sauce was a bit of a mystery. Our wine glasses were never refilled- a shame when you are spending $50 on a bottle. All in all we had a decent evening, not outstanding but a worthwhile addition to South Calgary.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2014Restaurant was very cold & even server agreed but didn't suggest moving away from air conditioning that was blasting out. As 1st timers we had to ask a lot of questions about the menu - server didn't explain up front menu is really for sharing (most all appy sizes). Too much deep fried food. Only one salad.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014I've been here 3 or 4 times now and not once have I seen the same menu, which I love. They are always preparing quality dishes out of the current season's ingredients. Always a recommendation of mine.Special Features:
- Date nighttapasforeverDined on 6/20/2014It's not often my wife and I enjoy a date night. Tango was and excellent place to go. It was our first time and the food and service was excellent. We look forward to future visits. PeterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great shareablesRichardDined on 6/20/2014The food was excellent, the service was very good as well. Parking is a bit painful though. Make sure to get a bunch of different plates of food, makes it more interesting to try a few other meals. Easy to share with others you are with as well.Special Features:
- Dinner at Tango BistroDiningoutDined on 6/19/2014Love the concept of ordering several small dishes and share. The food was great. Unfortunately we did not like the choice and the noise level of the music they played. The place was relatively empty, the music was very loud. Too bad, because it really spoiled the overall experience at Tango Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tango BistroTerryHDined on 6/15/2014We went to the Tango Bistro for Father's Day and it was a wonderful choice. Going with family and ordering dishes that we all shared! It was a great way to celebrate. The food is excellent and the service top notch.Special Features:
- No AtmosphereClaraDined on 6/9/2014I felt like I was in a cafeteria designed in the 70s. The restaurant was significantly empty for the entire evening, yet we were seated facing the front door and right beside the kitchen. Food is good, set up to share. Wine by the glass is overpriced. First time - will not return.
- Tango BistroluvTangoBDined on 6/7/2014As usual, the food at Tango was fantastic. Look forward to going there every time - you know everything on the menu is going to be outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely decentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Went here for a group birthday dinner. The one thing we struggled with was the inconsistency in the size of the dishes. One plate would be plenty for five, another only for a couple sort of thing. You just didn't know how much was for how many. Definitely needed more crostini/bread with each dish. We ordered the cheese board and had WAY too much cheese left and nothing to put it with. Same with the brie. The taste of the food was great, there was nothing we didn't enjoy. Service was definitely decent. A few 'lulls' in seeing our server, but he was good. I think we expected it to be a bit more 'dim' and lively, but that didn't take away from the evening. I think we would go most likely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!NotafoodieDined on 5/31/2014Really appreciated the excellent service and attention to detail! The staff was very helpful in choosing dishes that were delicious! Very friendly, very good food, couldn't of asked for anything more.Special Features:
- New and interestingRedviolin2777Dined on 5/28/2014Enjoyed dinner here with a group of nine. The menu is designed for sharing numerous dishes, which was great. We liked this place a it ad will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favorite...sephoraDined on 5/27/2014This is one of my and my husband's favorite place to dine when we have a night out. Amazing food, excellent service and romantic atmosphere; we love Tango Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food was amazingWishlistDined on 5/27/2014Our go-to restaurant for Ladies' Nite. The short rib poutine was exceptionally good as were the beet fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with FriendsBethDined on 5/23/2014This is a great spot yo reconnect with friends. Our server was super patient as we chatted and forgot the menu. The food was good and we ordered way more than we could eat for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladieslunchDined on 5/22/2014The "small plate" format is great -- we enjoyed the "business lunch" but ate too much! Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night Dinner FantasticsandalDined on 5/18/2014The Sunday Dinner 3 course special is great for both for value and quality. Noise level was great as we could actually carry on a conversation without yelling. Service from Derek was exceptional. All of Derek's recommendations were bang on. This was our first visit but we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Enjoyable :-)CassiencatDined on 5/17/2014We frequent Tango Bistro maybe once a month. It is consistent: nice selection, great service, great taste and great prices. It is a go to gem when you're looking for variety, smaller meals, tapas and nice wine in a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tango for your tastebudsLaurenDangerDined on 5/16/2014Tango Bistro is consistent in providing a good dining experience. Friendly, not pretentious, well lit, and spacious, it is a place to enjoy food. My favourite dish at the moment: wonton crusted prawns. In addition to the wide variety of dinner items to suit many tastes, I have to mention the wonderful dessert shotglasses. Not wishing to spend a lot on dessert, and most likely running out of room for dessert after sampling so many menu items? It's the perfect end to the meal. Bring some friends, share some food, and be orepared to smile. Perhaps wear loose clothing. You might need that.Special Features:
- Sunday DinnerCorianderVIPDined on 5/11/2014Sunday dinner is a good time to take the kids if you're craving Tango! We had the lamb, arctic char, and Chicken Cordon Bleu - all were good. The kids actually get a better dessert than the adults (build your own gelato sundae) but because it was Mother's Day, my kids shared with me :) Service was incredibly slow due to training new staff, but overall good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go again for dinnerEssentiaDined on 5/9/2014Portion sizes of the entrees were all over the map. We have a party of four and two of the meals were large and filling where are the others were tiny and more deserving of being appetizers. The gnocchi was bland and without its sauce not particularly enjoyable. The place had some kind of techno/dupstep music cranked up while we were there that basically flooded out any ambiance of the place and made it unpleasant. It's really too bad as their Sunday brunches are amongst the best I've had in Calgary.Special Features:
- Great new findLiketweetDined on 5/9/2014First time visit-celebrating a big number anniversary-and happy enough we purchased $200worth of gift certificates to pass on. Decent wine/beer list, good selection of tapas and the sticky bread pudding made for a sweet finish.Special Features: