6920 Macleod Trail South
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tangobistro.com/
- Phone: 4032524365x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday Brunch 9:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Gary Hennessey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for all groups, large or small. Contact Conrad for details firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-252-4365
- Special Events: We regularly hold wine tastings, wine pairings, beer pairings, etc.
A word from Tango Bistro
Tango Bistro serves small plates/share plates in a vibrant modern casual setting. Fully licensed with a great wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tango Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)good for groups (58)special occasion (32)romantic (25)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (16)notable wine list (14)hot spot (13)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- good food but pressured by servermom3Dined on 10/11/2014Food was great, ambiance was fine.. server came over way too many times and was quite interruptive but she was sweet... we told her on several occasions that we wouls llike to keep our food as we were still enjoying out wine and conversation and every 10-15 minutes she was asking to take things away until finally one of my guests just said take it all away... then she promptly brought our bill... Our bill was close to 200$ and I just thought we could have stayed longer and had another drink and still eatem what was on our plates.. but we left aqnd finished our evening somewhere else.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerPleasedDined on 10/10/2014Reasonably priced and terrific service made for a wonderful dinner with friends .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AwesomeWookieDined on 10/10/2014We visit Tango a few times a year and have never been disappointed. We were there Friday night and had a new server, Mike and he was great! Perfect combination of being social and chatting/offering suggestions and leaving us to enjoy our evening. Great for groups, but we love going just the 2 of us also! We finally redeemed our points and used our OT dining cheque for the first time, the restaurant had no problem accepting it, which I've heard many other restaurants refuse, so that perfect tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014We had a great time and were well taken care of. Love the large gf food section tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweenieDined on 10/10/2014Introduced Tango to a girlfriend for lunch, and she thought it was great. Good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love their unique menu!NickiVIPDined on 9/30/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Calgary. I love their unique menu and the fresh ingredients they use. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- One of the best in Calgary604foodieDined on 9/27/2014First time at Tango Bistro and it was amazing. Went there with a friend and ordered the chilli, proscuitto flat, and gnocchi. The service was attentive. Manager was welcoming and ensured great service throughout. Definitely one of the very few good restaurants in Calgary and is a must try. The style of sharing plates is their specialty so it's great for groups.Special Features:
- birthday for girlseatmupDined on 9/16/2014Perfect location for girl's night out, plus they've added a few larger items for the men.Special Features:
- Great, but a bit noisy..OreoD2Dined on 9/12/2014overall the experience was great. We really enjoy Tango and frequent this restaurant a lot. This past experience was also great as usual, we came with two friends. we sat in a booth at the back by the fireplace, it was great… I may request this space next time. My only complaint this time was the table next to us was too loud, the four of us could hardly carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Good start bad finishTango4zeroDined on 9/11/2014First two plates came out fast and we're very good! Last three plates took over 1 hour. Came out cold with no check in from server. No offer of any discount or complimentary service or compensation.Special Features:
- Food with Fabulous FlairRiaCDined on 9/5/2014Tango never ceases to impress me and whomever I bring along. The scallops were amazing as usual. Tried the Smoked Duck Poutine - very decadent! Only thing that was a bit off was the Orange Gelato Ice Cream Sandwich for dessert. The cookies were very hard - I was scared I was going to break a tooth trying to bite through. The gelato was SO yummy though.Special Features:
- JCPJCP21Dined on 9/5/2014Really fun small bites and sharing menu. The poutine was a bit of an adventure, as I was the only one who had ever had poutine before. We had a couple from Scotland who were very wary. I applaud them that most items on the menu are either glutton free or can be made glutton free. Some of our table favorites were the Masala fish fry, the scallops, and the prosciutto flat. The risotto was just so-so. Great and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeParksyKCCODined on 9/2/2014Enjoyed the evening, drinks and food was good for the most part. There were a few shell pieces in the oysters though :/Special Features:
- troubleVIPDined on 9/1/2014I love the smaller portions so you can try a variety of dishes. Scallops were fantastic!
- sweenieDined on 8/30/2014Again, everything was oustanding! It is always a treat to dine at Tango.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencepaidfordinnerDined on 8/30/2014We went for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The service was outstanding, the food amazing and it made our 1st experience their one to never be forgotten. I would highly recommend Tango to all my family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014The food as always was outstanding. Staff are great and make it a fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Food was delicious! Beet lovers HAVE to try the beet fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentajd123Dined on 8/13/2014The food was phenomenal! Every time I order scallops at a restaurant I am always disappointed, however Tango does it right! The scallops were perfectly cooked and the mushroom sauce complimented it perfectly. Also the bacon wrapped Bison is a must have! I love the Tapas style dinning, great for a group (as long as everyone is willing to share) and it is perfect for an intimate night out with a partner. The s'more dessert is tons of fun and a very unique Idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Another great meal at Tango! Never disappoints! I appreciate the variety on the Business Luncheon menu, not boring and very tasty. One timy comment, was disappointed in the beet fries. Too big and soggy. Would have expected a bit more crispness, but overall, did not detract all that much from the meal.Special Features:
- sweenieDined on 8/3/2014The food again was superb! Even tried new items on the new menu - koodos. Never disappointed with what is served. A little disappointed with the service this time though, especially as it wasn't that busy. Maybe just an off night. Thanks again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeGirlzNightDined on 8/3/2014We first went to Tango in February & have been there 4 times now for different things. The service is always great, the staff is very knowledgable about the food & will make great suggestions if asked. We have never had anything we didn't like and the menu has changed slightly with every visit. The chocolate chip blood orange gelato cookies were a big hit this time! The other thing I really like is the value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small requestsNapkinLoveSwansDined on 8/1/2014When booking online I noticed the small requests box. Normally people would put "booth" or "table by a window" or "quiet section". Well I put "napkins folded into swans". Upon my arrival I found my table was covered in napkin swans! I didn't think they would actually do it but they did and it was such a pleasant greeting. The food and service was amazing and I can't wait to go back. Its nice to know that a restaurant will do anything to make your experience that much better even if it is doing a small ridiculous request like napkin swans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice evening at TangoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014We have been to Tango several times and always enjoy the experience. Four of us visited last Saturday evening and were not disappointed. There is a good selection on the menu and everything we had was tasty, well prepared and arrived piping hot to the table. The service was also attentive and timely. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Second better than firstsandalDined on 7/15/2014Our first visit was great but second was was also great. Different menu than Sunday night which we also enjoyed. Tapa special was outstanding with just enough "heat". Service provided by Janelle was exceptional. This is a great place for conversation, ambience, and tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not feel wellPamina25Dined on 7/15/2014I are dinner here with my mother and my husband, the food didn't taste good. The flavors were just lot right. We ordered 6 different dishes to share and we only enjoyed 1 of them. That night all 3 of us were quite ill so I can only assume it was where we ate
- Great place to eat. Nice surprise.ManTunTunDined on 7/12/2014You need a larger group of individuals to be able to enjoy a broader taste of the tapas. Wife and I went and we were struggling to finish some of the heavier tapas but we wanted more variety rather than volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryKatrinaLynDined on 7/10/2014I'm from out of town and love coming to the tango bistro anytime I am in Calgary. It has a great menu and atmosphere! I only wish there was one closer to home so I could go more often! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvisitingCalgarianDined on 7/9/2014I hadn't been to Tango since they first opened and liked the changes. Their business lunch is a good price at $16, with an adequate variety of choices. We ordered the oxtail soup for a first course - it was outstanding - and we would go back to Tango just for that. The blackberry salad was good. However, the macaroni and cheese left a lot to be desired. Two of us ordered it, and found it very dry, and the taste was pretty bland. I would definitely not order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDineDined on 7/4/2014Food was grea but perhaps a little less warm than it should have been. Our server (Stephanie) was terrific but another staff member was a little too enthusiastic in clearing dishes without asking if we were even finished with them...we weren't. The dishes we're simply whisked off the table without a word and she was gone before we could even object. In fairness all that was left was some sauce and a few small pieces but she should have asked. The drinks were nice, the food was good, the atmosphere pleasant and never felt remotely rushed (other than the described incident). I will go again.Special Features:
- Good FoodNsmbdmDined on 6/29/2014A tapas style restaurant. Great Sunday special for $20, with three courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go try itTimmyDined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent, the service was right on point. The manager in duty was more than willing to help bring out food and help with anything we needed as our server was quite busy. Been there once now but I will be going several more times. The quality to price point of the food was real high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighbourhood findWillowDined on 6/28/2014This is not great dining but it is fun and pretty good value. The menu is somewhat confusing but our server did help us along. Our choices arrived helter skelter which was OK but somehow didn't enhance the overall experience. The Margherita pizza was limp and the crust needed another two minutes in the oven. The scallops were perfectly seared but the accompanying sauce was a bit of a mystery. Our wine glasses were never refilled- a shame when you are spending $50 on a bottle. All in all we had a decent evening, not outstanding but a worthwhile addition to South Calgary.Special Features:
- The following 786 reviews are from the Tango Bistro reviews archive.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2014Restaurant was very cold & even server agreed but didn't suggest moving away from air conditioning that was blasting out. As 1st timers we had to ask a lot of questions about the menu - server didn't explain up front menu is really for sharing (most all appy sizes). Too much deep fried food. Only one salad.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014I've been here 3 or 4 times now and not once have I seen the same menu, which I love. They are always preparing quality dishes out of the current season's ingredients. Always a recommendation of mine.Special Features:
- Date nighttapasforeverDined on 6/20/2014It's not often my wife and I enjoy a date night. Tango was and excellent place to go. It was our first time and the food and service was excellent. We look forward to future visits. PeterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great shareablesRichardDined on 6/20/2014The food was excellent, the service was very good as well. Parking is a bit painful though. Make sure to get a bunch of different plates of food, makes it more interesting to try a few other meals. Easy to share with others you are with as well.Special Features:
- Dinner at Tango BistroDiningoutDined on 6/19/2014Love the concept of ordering several small dishes and share. The food was great. Unfortunately we did not like the choice and the noise level of the music they played. The place was relatively empty, the music was very loud. Too bad, because it really spoiled the overall experience at Tango Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tango BistroTerryHDined on 6/15/2014We went to the Tango Bistro for Father's Day and it was a wonderful choice. Going with family and ordering dishes that we all shared! It was a great way to celebrate. The food is excellent and the service top notch.Special Features:
- No AtmosphereClaraDined on 6/9/2014I felt like I was in a cafeteria designed in the 70s. The restaurant was significantly empty for the entire evening, yet we were seated facing the front door and right beside the kitchen. Food is good, set up to share. Wine by the glass is overpriced. First time - will not return.