1100 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tangorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (206) 583-0382
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Happy Hour (lounge only): Seven nights a week: 4:30pm - 6:00pm, Tuesday Nights All Night Long!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: South American, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Daniel Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tango offers full service catering for parties up to 100. Our affable staff will provide knowledgeable and warm service, creating a successful and stress free event. We develop personalized menus that reflect our guests' individual preferences along with each event's unique qualities. Allow us to take care of you!
- Private Party Facilities: The main floor, private dining room, and lounge are all available for semi private and private events. Minimums apply for each space. Please contact our catering director for more information and sample menus.
- Private Party Contact: Travis Rosenthal 2065830382x
- Cross Street: Boren
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Tango is currently offering $4 Valet parking at the Hilton Homewood Suites hotel, located 100 yards west of Tango on Pike Street. Just pull in and tell them you are dining at Tango to receive this special offer. You may even leave your car parked there while enjoying a show after dinner for no additional charge.
A word from Tango
Tango Restaurant and Lounge serves Latin inspired cuisine and cocktails in a fun, sophisticated 1908 brick building on the cusp of Capitol Hill. From the Tango front door it is just a short walk to the Convention Center, Paramount Theater and ACT Theater. Tango is a family owned restaurant that prides itself on great paella, ceviche and mojitos.Continued
Come on in and enjoy!
Come on in and enjoy!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tango reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (90)neighborhood gem (61)special occasion (47)romantic (44)good for groups (40)notable wine list (20)hot spot (16)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful tapas spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014we always love coming to Tango - great ambiance, great tapas selection, nice wines and other beverages, and always friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Dinner at TangoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014We went to Tango for the first time on Nov 23rd and loved it! The food and drinks (including cocktails and red wine) were great. Aesthetics and ambience were great. Service was very good. Looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2014We went to Tango for the Dining Around Seattle $33/3 course dinner and were very happy with our choices. Queso Azul and Bacon Wrapped dates and Ensalada Valencia were first course, Bistec a la Parilla and Moqueca de Peixe for dinner and the Cranberry Orange Sorbet and El Diablo for dessert. Everything was wonderful- the options were great for a seafood person and a meat eater alike which was why we choose Tango out of all of the other options. The ambiance was great, open but cozy and romantic. Great service who made us feel comfortable and welcome. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu + ambiance/weak executionKayGRVIPDined on 11/10/2014This is a lovely restaurant with good service and a menu indicating that someone knows what a traditional Spanish tapas menu ought to look like. Unfortunately, the cooking was very mixed. Bistek parillada was excellent, but the spicing in the calamari and albondigas was very strange and off-putting. The tortilla was bland and lacked the traditional garlic mayo accompaniment, which it needed. Even the olives were oddly without flavor. So the food was, all in all, not very tasty
- El DiablosuzellaVIPDined on 11/9/2014We've been here many times but it wasn't up to par this time. Service was cold, servings were smaller and less inspired. If it wasn't for the El Diablo dessert I probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- I love to Tango!CWojoDined on 11/6/2014Tango is my favorite place to go before a show at the Paramount--excellent service, amazing food and a dimly lit, intimate yet exciting atmosphere. We all opted for the Dine Around Seattle 3 for $33 specials and pretty much licked our plates clean. The winner was the beef tenderloin with truffle au jus and El Diablo!! The sangria was delightful and the service was super attentive and thoughtful. Our waiter even brought us complementary glasses of port to enjoy with our dessert! It really made our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Tango is our go-to place to eat when we're heading to the Paramount for a show, and we are always pleased with our experience there!Special Features:
- always delicioushappybellyDined on 10/26/2014I've been here multiple times. I'll be back multiple more. Food is always DELICIOUS!! Great staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Seattle!AlaskanDined on 10/24/2014This is a "must go to" for us when we go to Seattle, even if it is for only a one-night stay. We've been dining at Tango for many years. The food is consistently fabulous as is the service. Be sure to save room for the incredible dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, deliciouslavenderladiesDined on 10/24/2014This was our forth visit to Tango. They did not disappoint us at all. Loved the tapas AND the El Diablo dessert was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- El diabolo--always wonderful!bangbangDined on 10/23/2014Everything was fine. However, for some strange reason, my salad was upside down. I didn't find the toppings until I was finally finished. But my husband's food was flawless. I have always loved getting dessert here. The El diabolo is always a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, Good Parking a ProblemSomethingPretentiousVIPDined on 10/22/2014Originally chose this restaurant because they advertised a $4 parking deal with the Homewood Suites across the street. The parking attendant was totally out of it and there were issues both with drop off and pick up. Also, the fee was actually $6, which if it isn't a big deal, then only charge $4. Otherwise, the food was excellent, wonderful wine selection, and service wonderful. We had a wide selection of items and enjoyed every one. Was not impressed with the Almond Tres Leches, texture issues.Special Features:
- Disappointed this time.....JuanDined on 10/19/2014Have dined at Tango numerous times; always reliable: great food and service. We had a reservation early on a Sunday evening during the Seattle Three Course promotion - not good! We ordered a moderately priced bottle of wine; the wait staff took our order after (we presumed the wine was on its way) - then a third waiter informed us our wine was unavailable; we ordered a glass of wine and a martini. First course arrived; no drinks! While finishing the appetizers, the wine arrived. We were told the martini would be served soon. The entrees were served and then I received the martini - in a sherbet glass! I probably should have refused it, but at that point I needed a libation. Hopefully, next time, Tango will deliver better service......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodisgoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We love Tango's. We usually let our server pick dishes for us and honestly we have never been disappointed. Even me with celiac disease find the server's very helpful and there is so much on the menu which is gluten free. It is our favorite!Special Features:
- Great Food, Iffy ServiceCMRockDined on 10/19/2014Great food. My dining companion and I were not disappointed on our trip to Tango for SRW. With a half-carafe sangria, we had the Sausage and lentil Soup, Queso Azul and bacon Wrapped Dates (good dates, but I don't know how they were all supposed to work together), Bistec a la Parilla, Moqueca de Peixe, El Diablo, and Almond Tres Leches. The entrees were phenomenal as was the El Diabo. The service left a lot to be desired. Don't discount women in their late 20s to buy bottles of wine or cocktails. It was clear that the tables around us ordering bottles received better, more frequent attention. Wish I had the opportunity to ask about some bottles, but our waiter was infrequent and short.Special Features:
- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014i had my 31st b day dinner here. great food and great drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableVanADined on 10/10/2014Excellent service, casual and comfortable setting. The food was absolutely excellent. The 4 of us really enjoyed all we had. I recommend the Tango Margaritas.Special Features:
- tasty tapasTink2381Dined on 10/5/2014My husband and I picked Tango for our one year anniversary in honor of our honeymoon in Spain. As with the nature of tapas, they can sneak up on you and you are stuffed before you know it-everything looked so good that we over-ordered but the server was great about packing up what we couldn't get to. We were even treated to complimentary cava with our dessert-the famed El Diablo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for light or large mealBill2530Dined on 10/2/2014We have been to Tango half a dozen times. It is convenient before events at Town Hall or the Convention Center--walkable from both. They have an interesting tapas mix that is great for drinks and light meal. Or more substantial is also possible. It is a regular for starting the evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSpiderRollDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I just got back from a vacation in Spain last week and we were feeling Spanish food withdrawals. After a quick search I came across a listing for Tango. The service was excellent. Even though we had an idea for what we wanted, the waitress directed us to some of her favorites on the menu and we were blown away. The only disappointment was that you need to call ahead if you plan to order paella as it takes 50-60 mins to prepare it. We understand that perfection takes time. We will definitely be back and calling in an order of the paella.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomersDelightedDined on 9/30/2014We have been coming to Tango for several years for birthday, anniversary and other celebrations. It is one of our very favorite restaurants in Seattle. And the El Diablo dessert is still to die for.Special Features:
- awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014My girlfriend and I went there for a special occasion. The food, service and atmosphere where beyond expectations. I highly recommend El Diablo for desseet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but goodatcsimDined on 9/25/2014We had a family get together here and the food was good, but it was very noisy. I think it might be because of the cement floors, there is nothing to dull the noise. The red pepper soup with cream was delicious. As were the sauteed mushrooms, and the pork loin. There was a garbanzo bean dish that I was excited about but it was almost all garbanzo beans and just a couple of the other ingredients so I didn't like that as much. The bread was delicious and the desserts were to die for. There was a dark chocolate cake on cream with caramel and spiced nuts. Yum. And the lemon cake and flan were both good as well. The waiter was helpful and friendly. All in all it was a good dinner and a nice night.Special Features:
- NoongstersDined on 9/20/2014the service anf help we had from the general manager was great and his recomondations where spot on! Will tell everyone about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately just OKpmwseaDined on 9/18/2014We haven't been to Tapas for several years. The service was OK but had several short comings (did not offer us bread till we requested, took the empty wine glass but did not ask us if we wanted more). Food was unfortunately bland. Soup was thin and bland, unfortunately none of the Tapas we ordered stood out. As I said we were there several years ago so maybe our tastes have changed but our expectations were definitely not met.
- jdeeVIPDined on 9/18/2014A very good paella -- excellent chorizo in it; no soccorat to speak of, and very light saffron taste, so it was a paella of a certain style. Nice ambiance to the restaurant, and noise level conversation-friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-Paramount Theater show!spongettaDined on 9/14/2014Only a block away from the Paramount. Arrive early, get a great dining experience, then enjoy the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was definitely good. Service was horrible. We asked for a cup of ice since the ice in our glasses for sangria had melted. The waiter brought a cup of coffee instead of ice. Multiple times when we flagged him down to ask for something he said "give me just a minute". Food wasn't too expensive, but most of the hot tapas took 15-20 minutes to come out of the kitchen. I had gone here on a review from a friend, but it's doubtful that I will go back.Special Features:
- Taste of SpainDanser444Dined on 9/13/2014Dining experience was awesome! Staff was very attentive and courteous. We ordered the Cheap Dates, Seafood Del Mar Paella and the Chocolate Diablo for dessert. The paella takes almost an hour before it is brought to your table so be prepared to enjoy a an appetizer or two or maybe a salad and wine. The amount of paella is enough for 2-4 people as it states on the menu however, I would say more like 2 1/2 people is about right. The Chocolate Diablo is a must for dessert and an excellent finish. There is discounted parking for patrons at the Homewood Suites hotel about a half block away. (the info was on their website but I didn't look) Excellent overall and highly recommend. Great for date nights and dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Tapas at its bestRobbDined on 9/13/2014I have never ate here before as I like to try different restaurants. I was very impressed. The waitstaff was very attentive, especially our server, Maria. The menu had bountiful choices, and the quality was excellent. We had the asparagus and the Carnitas Del Puerto plates. I will surely come back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Tapas in friendly settingCaphillfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Tango is always a good choice for an casual dining experience. The food is both creative and familiar in the tapas style. Most plates are a good value for the price which is not always the case when buying by the plate. The beef tenderloin was tasty and the portion was filling. We also enjoyed the salad with duck slices.Special Features:
- ExceptionalLoveGreatFoodDined on 9/12/2014The most excellent service. Outstanding food and wine. Look forward to visiting again soon. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all loved itTiggerDined on 9/10/2014It was fun sharing many different tastes. Each one of the dishes we had was wonderful. Our service was perfect. She had us ready for our play in perfect time. We didn't even need to ask. We already want to go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The service here was tremendous. It was my wife's birthday and the whole staff made her feel very special. They went above and beyond. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Our party of four loved the food that night and the El Diablo was a GREAT way to cap of the evening.Special Features:
- BasqueObjectiveObserverDined on 8/31/2014I am of Basque descent and looked forward to enjoying some classic ambiance. The servers were engaging and provided the table side attention befitting the occasion, our multi decade anniversary. The food was on point and served with all the sensory appeal desired and more. Really, very well executed. The experience would have scored higher if the music played in the background was Spanish. Instead it was clearly something of the Seattle scene and not really befitting of the rustic environment that old Spain is so well known for. Simple, yet romantic Spanish guitar, and perhaps the classic malaguena are preferred over head-banging while romancing. We just LOVED the Seattle street circus. All the local passersby were their own spectacle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!YummyDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely dinner at Tango. We were originally seated in a smaller room just off the main dining room and it was pretty noisy in there, so we asked to change tables. Even though the restaurant was full, the staff said it was no problem and after waiting in the bar area for a few minutes they said they could reseat us either in the dining room as people had just finished, or in a booth in the bar which had just become available. We took the booth and had excellent service from the bar staff. We ordered one of the cheese small plates and the vegetable paella. Both were delicious. We'll be back to try some of their small plates next time.Special Features:
- Can't trust the reviewsLuv2dinepdxDined on 8/22/2014Chose Tango because the reviews were of sufficient number, positive and concise. So, safe bet, right. NO. THE FOOD WAS HORRIBLE. service was fine, the cocktails were delicious. But they have a serious problem with the quality of the food. We think the menu is solid and the recipes fine. It's the actual cooking that misses the mark. So I'm not sure I'll be relying on Open Table reviews as I once did.Special Features:
- Tapas, wine, cocktails, and GFOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Tango continues to be reliable for a very good assortment of tapas and drinks, including many gluten-free options (not many GF gazpacho offerings, let alone very good gazpacho). Surprisingly empty on a Friday evening (Seahawks exhibition game, as it turned out), so crowd and noise were low, but that's atypical. Bottom line: good place to eat and drink. We always sit at the bar and order a few plates: green beans with harissa, albondigas (meatballs), a cocktail or two, broad wine selection by the glass. I drink sangria maybe twice/yr, decided to take a chance, and was rewarded with fruit but not sweet. We've eaten at Tango many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Perfect little bites!winstongal72VIPDined on 8/19/2014I have been to Tango before and it never disappoints! This visit we started with the dates (to die for!), and progressed to the green beans with harissa (so unique and tasty!), the Moqueca (wonderful broth!) and the Carnitas (so spicy and good!) Then came the El Diablo for dessert. It's equally rich like chocolate mousse but with that subtle hint of cayenne - if I could have licked the plate without embarrassing myself in front of two business colleagues, I would have ;) Service was prompt and straightforward and the entire experience a true delight! I can't wait to return and will happily come back for the same kind of experience again & again!Special Features:
- JorgeJorgeDined on 8/16/2014We were visiting Seattle for the weekend and looking for an Argentinean food restaurant, and with the name Tango we assumed that's what it was. However, the name has nothing to do with the type of food being served (kind of a Spanish fusion), they did not offer any typical Argentinean dishes, nor does it have any "tango" theme or music, other than the name. However, the food and wine were excellent and we would highly recommend this place for great service and great food.Special Features: