1100 Pike Street
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tangorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2065830382x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Happy Hour (lounge only): Seven nights a week: 4:30pm - 6:00pm, Tuesday Nights All Night Long!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: South American, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Daniel Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tango offers full service catering for parties up to 100. Our affable staff will provide knowledgeable and warm service, creating a successful and stress free event. We develop personalized menus that reflect our guests' individual preferences along with each event's unique qualities. Allow us to take care of you!
- Private Party Facilities: The main floor, private dining room, and lounge are all available for semi private and private events. Minimums apply for each space. Please contact our catering director for more information and sample menus.
- Private Party Contact: Travis Rosenthal 2065830382x
- Cross Street: Boren
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Tango is currently offering $4 Valet parking at the Hilton Homewood Suites hotel, located 100 yards west of Tango on Pike Street. Just pull in and tell them you are dining at Tango to receive this special offer. You may even leave your car parked there while enjoying a show after dinner for no additional charge.
A word from Tango
Tango Restaurant and Lounge serves Latin inspired cuisine and cocktails in a fun, sophisticated 1908 brick building on the cusp of Capitol Hill. From the Tango front door it is just a short walk to the Convention Center, Paramount Theater and ACT Theater. Tango is a family owned restaurant that prides itself on great paella, ceviche and mojitos.Continued
Come on in and enjoy!
Come on in and enjoy!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Tango - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tango reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (41)good for groups (31)romantic (30)notable wine list (22)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great pre-Paramount Theater show!spongettaDined on 9/14/2014Only a block away from the Paramount. Arrive early, get a great dining experience, then enjoy the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was definitely good. Service was horrible. We asked for a cup of ice since the ice in our glasses for sangria had melted. The waiter brought a cup of coffee instead of ice. Multiple times when we flagged him down to ask for something he said "give me just a minute". Food wasn't too expensive, but most of the hot tapas took 15-20 minutes to come out of the kitchen. I had gone here on a review from a friend, but it's doubtful that I will go back.Special Features:
- Tapas at its bestRobbDined on 9/13/2014I have never ate here before as I like to try different restaurants. I was very impressed. The waitstaff was very attentive, especially our server, Maria. The menu had bountiful choices, and the quality was excellent. We had the asparagus and the Carnitas Del Puerto plates. I will surely come back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Tapas in friendly settingCaphillfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Tango is always a good choice for an casual dining experience. The food is both creative and familiar in the tapas style. Most plates are a good value for the price which is not always the case when buying by the plate. The beef tenderloin was tasty and the portion was filling. We also enjoyed the salad with duck slices.Special Features:
- ExceptionalLoveGreatFoodDined on 9/12/2014The most excellent service. Outstanding food and wine. Look forward to visiting again soon. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We all loved itTiggerDined on 9/10/2014It was fun sharing many different tastes. Each one of the dishes we had was wonderful. Our service was perfect. She had us ready for our play in perfect time. We didn't even need to ask. We already want to go back.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The service here was tremendous. It was my wife's birthday and the whole staff made her feel very special. They went above and beyond. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. Our party of four loved the food that night and the El Diablo was a GREAT way to cap of the evening.Special Features:
- BasqueObjectiveObserverDined on 8/31/2014I am of Basque descent and looked forward to enjoying some classic ambiance. The servers were engaging and provided the table side attention befitting the occasion, our multi decade anniversary. The food was on point and served with all the sensory appeal desired and more. Really, very well executed. The experience would have scored higher if the music played in the background was Spanish. Instead it was clearly something of the Seattle scene and not really befitting of the rustic environment that old Spain is so well known for. Simple, yet romantic Spanish guitar, and perhaps the classic malaguena are preferred over head-banging while romancing. We just LOVED the Seattle street circus. All the local passersby were their own spectacle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!YummyDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely dinner at Tango. We were originally seated in a smaller room just off the main dining room and it was pretty noisy in there, so we asked to change tables. Even though the restaurant was full, the staff said it was no problem and after waiting in the bar area for a few minutes they said they could reseat us either in the dining room as people had just finished, or in a booth in the bar which had just become available. We took the booth and had excellent service from the bar staff. We ordered one of the cheese small plates and the vegetable paella. Both were delicious. We'll be back to try some of their small plates next time.Special Features:
- Can't trust the reviewsLuv2dinepdxDined on 8/22/2014Chose Tango because the reviews were of sufficient number, positive and concise. So, safe bet, right. NO. THE FOOD WAS HORRIBLE. service was fine, the cocktails were delicious. But they have a serious problem with the quality of the food. We think the menu is solid and the recipes fine. It's the actual cooking that misses the mark. So I'm not sure I'll be relying on Open Table reviews as I once did.Special Features:
- Tapas, wine, cocktails, and GFOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Tango continues to be reliable for a very good assortment of tapas and drinks, including many gluten-free options (not many GF gazpacho offerings, let alone very good gazpacho). Surprisingly empty on a Friday evening (Seahawks exhibition game, as it turned out), so crowd and noise were low, but that's atypical. Bottom line: good place to eat and drink. We always sit at the bar and order a few plates: green beans with harissa, albondigas (meatballs), a cocktail or two, broad wine selection by the glass. I drink sangria maybe twice/yr, decided to take a chance, and was rewarded with fruit but not sweet. We've eaten at Tango many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Perfect little bites!winstongal72VIPDined on 8/19/2014I have been to Tango before and it never disappoints! This visit we started with the dates (to die for!), and progressed to the green beans with harissa (so unique and tasty!), the Moqueca (wonderful broth!) and the Carnitas (so spicy and good!) Then came the El Diablo for dessert. It's equally rich like chocolate mousse but with that subtle hint of cayenne - if I could have licked the plate without embarrassing myself in front of two business colleagues, I would have ;) Service was prompt and straightforward and the entire experience a true delight! I can't wait to return and will happily come back for the same kind of experience again & again!Special Features:
- JorgeJorgeDined on 8/16/2014We were visiting Seattle for the weekend and looking for an Argentinean food restaurant, and with the name Tango we assumed that's what it was. However, the name has nothing to do with the type of food being served (kind of a Spanish fusion), they did not offer any typical Argentinean dishes, nor does it have any "tango" theme or music, other than the name. However, the food and wine were excellent and we would highly recommend this place for great service and great food.Special Features:
- Great meal as alwaysPdxfoodloverDined on 8/15/2014I have been eating at Tango whenever I come to Seattle for about 3 years now. I prefer the vibe in the bar booth. I have never had anything but great service and the food is always YUMMY! I like sharing food as a way to get maximum variety of flavors per visit! I highly recommend Tango to everyone who I know will be visiting Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I went to Tango for the first time several years back. I don't live very close and was excited to be in the area and have the opportunity to dine there again. The food and ambiance were the same as I had remembered. We wanted to have a lingering dinner with small plates and drinks. Our server was perfectly content to bring our food out one at a time so we could enjoy the flavors. It was lovely and romantic. A perfect spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and service. will returnjqiss56Dined on 8/10/2014The food was wonderful. We shared smalll plates with lots of great wine suggested by our helpful waiter who worked to make sure we got to our show (6:30 tickets) on time. We had delicious food and wine followed by two decadent dessert (also shared). A delightful experience before our real reason for being in Seattle. Will plan on coming back just to visit this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tango always delivers spectacularlyBubbaBjornDined on 8/9/2014Whether eating in the lounge or the dining room the food exceeds expectations and is remarkably authentic Spanish Tapas fare. Service is friendly and top-notch. If you are new to Tapas, the staff will give great recommendations and guidance. Don't be afraid to venture to new combinations of food and wine- the list of Iberian wines is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show favoriteMusicafoodieDined on 8/9/2014A show at the Paramount Theater is always preceded by dinner at Tango. Service is attentive, thoughtful, quick.Special Features:
- A wonderful findTPNRDined on 8/8/2014We were staying on Boren Street and saw Tango while we were walking around. We read several reviews and decided to use our one full night in Seattle to dine at Tango. We were so impressed and had such a wonderful time! Tango allows you to bring wine for $18 per bottle corkage fee. Our server was a very delightful young woman who paced all of our tapas and made wonderful suggestions. We enjoyed the anchovy crostinis, the blue cheese souffle, the soft shell crab with tomatoes/avocados, the grilled trout with the yogurt sauce and potatoes, as well as several different cheeses. We also enjoyed the tiger prawns (very spicy) and the grilled beef was just amazing. I highly recommend and would make sure to reserve your spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tango near the ParamountOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2014Great pre-show meal. Our family of three enjoyed having small plates to share. Nice service and excellent food!
- Great FindSugarBabeVIPDined on 8/5/2014I have probably walked by this place a dozen times and finally decided to try it. I'm so glad I did! Everything about this place was very good from the service to the food to the energy level. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great Services, Food, Wine!SarahMDined on 8/5/2014We went to dinner August 5 before Book of Mormon. Traffic was worse than expected and we called to let them know we wouldn't make it. The host said they would keep us on the list and try to get us in before the show -- or at the very least get us a drink and a quick bite. We were 45 minutes late and only had 45 minutes before we needed to leave for the show. They had a private booth reserved in the bar and were very attentive to make sure we were able to eat, drink and be merry with enough time to get to the show. The service, food and wine were EXCELLENT! Their attitude made all the difference on a night that could have been a real mess. Thank you everyone at Tango for helping to make our wedding anniversary and night out a fabulous time!Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Tango is a great spot. We stopped in for happy hour, a couple hours before our reservation time, to get an idea of the vibe and menu. We ordered an appetizer at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and accommodating and made a great recommendation on the white sangria. He even pre-ordered our dinner (we wanted the paella which takes an hour to prepare) so it would be ready when we returned later for our table. The appetizer was very good. We were slightly less impressed with the paella although it was good. The interior is warm and elegant and the restaurant is comfortable with an upbeat vibe. Overall, we liked it. I'd visit again and bring friends and family.Special Features:
- Best Paella!MichellitaDined on 8/1/2014The good and wine are superb! This is a wonderful establishment!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its all goodTenor04Dined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent from the gentlemen who seated us, the young man who brought water, and Maria the server. The white peach sangria was out of this world and perfect for a hot evening. All the tapas were big enough to be shareable for four. Everything was tasty and made an excellent meal. The El Diablo dessert was a heavenly blend of hot/cold, spicy/sweet. We will definitely go back and have been recommending it to our friends.Special Features:
- Good Food but noisyChipDined on 7/31/2014Good spot for a bite before show at the Paramount. Kitchen has run out of out first two order choices by 6:00 pm. Food generally tasty.Attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for the theatertheatergoerDined on 7/31/2014We chose Tango for it's convenience to the Paramount Theater. Food was good. Bacon wrapped dates were a great starter. The rest of the tappas dishes were good not great. The pork dish was fair...pork was very dry. The service was great until the restaurant got too busy.Special Features:
- Consistantly DeliciousGoodFoodGoodFriendsDined on 7/30/2014Been to Tango several times now, and its always good. If you like tapas, this is one of the better places in Seattle. We usually go when we are seeing a show at the Paramount that evening, which is only a block or so away. The food and drinks are all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nomadic1Nomadic1Dined on 7/27/2014Great for food and drinks. The shrimp were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish Tapasjekemi2013Dined on 7/26/2014our family had a great dinner at Tango. The Tapas dishes kept coming and the variety was good. I wish we could have sampled more of the little dishes. The chocolate cake was incredible. The coffee was superb. This place represents great value. The service was just right. I can definitely recommend Tango. We will come again.Special Features:
- A great meal!NWnative66Dined on 7/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The appetizer of cheap dates and the fundido were awesome. My wife has the carnitas and I had the giant prawns...both had super flavor with the right mix of spices. The dishes were so flavorful and Kyle, our server was great- the right mix of helpful, available and knowledgeable. We will go back! Oh, and the diablo dessert is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcxellentJonnyDined on 7/23/2014Food was great and the service was even better. Our waitreess was VERY attentive to us and even let us taste a few wines on the list. We were seeing a play at the paramoutn and she was very aware of our time issue and made sure our food came out in time and got our bill to us promptly. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas at TangoNegenelf911Dined on 7/19/2014Love the food! Great plates for sharing with friends. Wines and full bar can't get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Night!wineloverDined on 7/18/2014I made dinner reservations through open table for 8:30 PM on a Friday, we arrived to the restaurant 30 minutes early, so we decided to have a cocktail next door in "Rumba", which it happened to be part of Tango. The cocktails were delicious and the ambiance was perfect, we ordered some rum glazed nuts for only $3 they were outstanding. At 8:30 PM we went to Tango, we got a table right away, next to a window, very romantic. The service was implacable, our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable, the wine list is good, the cocktails are great, and the food is exquisite and very affordable. I will definitely recommend the Madrid Platter is amazing. The perfect date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service adds to the flavorTheBeanDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter just added to the ambiance of the restaurant food was fantastic and can't wait to go back perfect for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Cheap Dates" are amazing!TrINEthingDined on 7/16/2014This is a fun place to try a few tapas. I definitely recommend the Cheap Dates. They are amazing! The piquillo pepper with tuna seemed like it was stuffed with canned tuna, so not my favorite. Cheese plate was good (can't lose with cheese!) as were the wild mushrooms. Definitely plan to bring a friend for the paella. Lots of food! The sausage is delicious and scallops were perfect, although some of the rice and other meats/seafood were a little dry. Saffron is strong in this dish, so be sure you enjoy this spice. I would definitely eat here again and order more tapas. May want to only eat tapas next time and skip the paella!Special Features:
- First TimerBrandenDined on 7/11/2014We were in town visiting Family and decided to have a date night on the night we arrived. Great menu that was very well priced. We thought about trying the paella, but decided against it so we could try numerous things. We started with the ceviche that was really good. Tried two entrees, Tres...something (meat dish)and then a seafood dish. We finished with the Diablo dessert and it was awesome! Server was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in SeattleDaneDDined on 7/11/2014The food was as good as ever and the service was great. Be sure to try the gambas picante and el diablo!Special Features:
- Another Great BirthdayTLawrenceDined on 7/10/2014This was my 3rd Birthday dinner in a row at Tango and they just don't dissapoint. We had a group of 7 and the servers worked as a team to get all of our food in while it was hot, and all of our plates out once we were done. The wine was great, and of course the El Diablo Cake was unbeatable (they brought all of my guests their own mini cake which was good because no one wants to share)! Thank you to the Kitchen and the Wait Staff for making it such a fun night for my entire party (some of who had not been there before and were very impressed), I will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- For casual diningRandyDined on 7/10/2014Tango is good for casual dining. If you are looking for place for serious event, it is not a good choice.Special Features: