3216 W Wheeler Street
Seattle, WA 98199Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tanglewoodsupreme.com/
- Phone: (206) 708-6235
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday
Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm (Dinner Menu available)
Dinner: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Kessenich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tanglewood Supreme
Tanglewood Supreme is a local seafood bistro that brings a "fisherman to table" experience right to each and every diner. This philosophy inspires everything we do extending well beyond seafood into how we source our meats, produce and local spirits. With an uncompromising focus on excellence, the very best purveyors that the Pacific Northwest has to offer are our partners. It is this spirit that infuses every aspect of the restaurant, from its design and ambience to service and of course, our cuisine. Whether your palate craves fresh seafood or perhaps something equally delicious from the land, join us, sit at our chef's counter or perhaps a cozy booth, and taste a delicious modern twist to a bounty that is combined with a respect for tradition. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tanglewood Supreme - Best Restaurants in Magnolia ›
Tanglewood Supreme reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (19)romantic (13)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- good choicedougrccDined on 11/22/2014Great food. One could wish for more attentive service. Less noticeable clean-up for closure would aid late dining experience. If we aren't to dawdle over dinner, please say so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aaaah! Thank you che!SeattleRainReaderDined on 11/15/2014I have been on a restricted diet for medical reasons for several months. All I could think of was Chef's chicken with spaetzle and he did not disappoint. It was perfection. My hubz had clam linguinie and it was so good he would not even share one bite with me. So we will have to return soon while the pumpkin goatcheesecake is still on the menu! We enjoyed sitting at the counter and watching superb meal after meal get turned out effortlessly and efficiently! I love this hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fascinating view into the open kitchendutchgirl79Dined on 11/12/2014My mother and I chose seats at the bar, so we had the best view of the food being prepared right in front of us, by two very skillful chefs. I loved the oysters, they had a relish of finely chopped apple and challots and tasted as fresh as they looked. It went perfect with a shot of sake. It wasn't crowded and the atmosphere was very relaxed and easy-going. Service was friendly and well-timed. Affordable quality, would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous tasting menuLovegoodfoodDined on 11/1/2014We tried the 7 course menu and All dishes were amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtodineoutDined on 10/31/2014Dinner at Tanglewood Supreme was an outstanding experience!!!! The chef is superb and the dishes esthetically pleasing to look at and scrumptious to eat!!! They were beautifully served by an outstanding staff and the ambience was great! A varied group were dining so it appeals to all types of people! We would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends and family and plan to return ourselves! The owner is very friendly and has established an outstanding eating place!Special Features:
- Dinner with Popamy76Dined on 10/25/2014My Dad was here for visit from Pennsylvania. We cooked at home all nights but one, and I wanted to take him someplace special. Tanglewood Supreme was perfect on all counts. We received a genuine welcome, were seated in front of the kitchen, and received attentive service. A simple butter lettuce salad was refreshing, with Humboldt fog and apples. The seasonal theme continued with the scallops, were served with a blend of attentively prepared seasonal vegetables and a carrot/kohlrabi latke. The flavors and textures were great. The presentations were enticing, the dishes well thought out and creative. Overall, a memorable meal and experience that made for perfect evening.Special Features:
- Best OystersmaddogDined on 10/22/2014Impressed with the quality and freshness of all the veggies and fruits. Flavors were subdued and left me longing for more seasoning - veal perfectly cooked but I didn't like the pickled veggies, didn't fit well with the sauce (definitely needed more flavor). chicken was interesting, again perfectly cooked. the highlight of the meal were the oysters. Perfectly shucked, each one looked like it belonged on the cover of a food magazine. Loved the texture and crunch of the accompaniment ( 5 stars). service was great, just enough chit chat and food came with little gaps between courses.Special Features:
- A hidden gemRobertDined on 10/18/2014From the moment we walked in we were greeted and shown to our table. The server was informative without being pushy and very attentive. The only thing I could say that could be better is keeping my wine glass full. Normally when the glass gets low they come an ask if you want another. It seems silly but to me i don't want to have to ask. Everything else was on point and the best most well cooked chicken I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/17/2014The food is fresh, flavorful and a fantastic value. My husband and I sat at the counter and had such a great experience that we brought friends back the next time to try the tasting menu. Both times the food was perfectly timed and the service was warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a little priceyNBSeattleDined on 10/16/2014We had a group of 6 so were able to sample a few entrées. My albacore was stupendous, I would order that again in a heartbeat. It came with excellent sides vegetables, potatoes and piece of sweet cabbage - just excellent. 2 people ordered salmon which was quite rare, smoky flavored, very soft but with a sear on the outside. The person who ordered venison was very happy with their selection, and I heard positive reviews on the clams and the scallops. Salads and desserts were fine. The cocktails we started with were all very good, I really liked the house Old Fashioned. All in all, we really enjoyed this small eatery tucked away in Magnolia.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedSeattleFoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014I recently saw this restaurant on some top 100 list so added it to my 'must try' list. Very disappointed. Some of the menu items were great (albacore loin), but some were not. The special venison osso bucco came with pickled vegetables. What an odd combination. I make better at home. Server spent the entire time promoting his own side business. Would not return.
- Houla05Dined on 10/1/2014Love the salmon and chicken breast ! The chocolate cake dessert is super delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tanglewood is outstandingBruceDined on 9/26/2014This small restaurant is a gem in Magnolia. It is absolutely worth a cross-town drive. Although it specializes in fish, meat lovers and vegetarians are well cared for.Special Features:
- An Outstanding DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Tanglewood's food and service is always excellent. The flatiron steak was superb as were the accompanying smashed potatoes and the greens. Chef Jeffrey's scallops seviche is wonderful and served with plantain chips which are good and unusual.Special Features:
- Another Great DinneredepaloDined on 9/18/2014I hadn't been to Tanglewood since shortly after their opening. I had a great meal then and did again on this visit. Excellent flavors; i really like that the natural flavors of foods are highlighted and not covered up by strong sauces, herbs, etc. Strong recommendation to lean toward seafood when ordering. The other things on the menu are still very good but seafood is where Tanglewood excels.Special Features:
- JohnVIPDined on 9/16/2014Our dinners were great - seared albacore and bacon wrapped chicken breast - were great, as were the accompaniments. Real attention to detail for fresh vegetables and sauces, well done. I enjoyed the carrot and kohlrabi latkes, and the wonderful salad with fresh peaches. This is a real find and worth the trip to MagnoliaSpecial Features:
- Try th tasting menu!fuzzykiwi48VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great food, unique/industrial location. The tasting menu for $45 was a great deal. Only a crying baby at the table next to us put a damper on a great evening. Not sure what the restaurant could have done about it. So glad we tried Tanglewood Supreme while we were in town.Special Features:
- Very Impressive=Never Disappoints!!FoodieInMagnoliaDined on 9/11/2014We usually bring out of town guests to Palisades restaurant but this past week we decided to bring seafood loving guests to Tanglewood…Absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!! Everyone ordered the scallops which were so tender & sweet. Very impressive!!Special Features:
- Great experience!Live2eatDined on 8/30/2014If you want a nice view this is not your place as it is on small road overlooking some dumpsters but the inside the resturant the ambiance was lovely with a great open kitchen. If you like cooking would be fun to sit at the bar area around the kitchen. We did the tasting menu - 7 courses for $45 which was great value. Our server was very professional but not particularly friendly. A man who I'm assuming was the owner also walked around throughout the night chatting with diners and was very friendly. Overall a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated out anniversary at Tanglewood and really enjoyed it. The food and service was outstanding. I know that we will be back.Special Features:
- Great value for AMAZING food!!!FoodieInMagnoliaDined on 8/23/2014We ordered the sampler: courses for $45. Perfect size courses with an amazing and delicious preparations. Tasted a few items I know I would never have order on my own--so pleasantly pleased with the flavors. I was worried that there might not be enough food for my larger size husband but even he was full….I had part of my entree packaged to take home-wanted to be sure to have enough room for dessert--sure glad I did! Vegetarian sampler only $35.00 We sat at the chef's bar this visit and enjoyed watching the chefs prepare the meals.Special Features:
- Amazing Experiencejordanb34Dined on 8/16/2014I went here for a nice romantic date night and was not disappointed. If you're looking for ambiance, then you could likely find better places since it doesn't have a view or anything, although the town of Magnolia is nice and the inside is put together well. If you want to impress with amazing food and service, this place will not disappoint. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Best deal for a tasting menu!trilleryDined on 8/15/2014$45 for a 7 course tasting menu? That's the best deal in Seattle. The dishes were inventive and very tasty. I even ate and enjoyed octopus! I especially loved the chèvre-stuffed squash blossoms that were done tempura-style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anneversary dinnerBrucekoDined on 8/8/2014We went to Tangewood for our anniversary and had a great meal. The food was priced reasonable, was innovative but not off in left field. We shared the grilled octopus. It had a wonderful flavor. My wife had scallops. They were more than accommodating for her lactose intolerance. I had the Hanger steak. The steak was one of the best flavored piece of beef I have eaten. The only downside was it was very loud even with it being a small place. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Loved itdiningdivaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Started with a cocktail. They make the best Manhattan in town! Food was very good. Started with an order of squash blossoms and root vegetable fries. My husband loved the fries but decided next time we'd pass on the squash blossoms. Next we had a wonderful quinoa and heirloom tomato salad. It was so good I tried to duplicate it last night at home. Theirs was definitely better. Then we had the tuna and hanger steak for our entree. The hanger steak was fantastic. My husband felt the tuna was a little bland in flavor. He said he'd definitely order the steak next time. We didn't have them this time but their scallops are fantastic too. Be sure to make a reservation, it's a very small restaurant that fills up quicklySpecial Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Tanglewood Supreme reviews archive.
- ReliableSeattleRainReaderDined on 7/19/2014Our family had yet another exceptional meal at Tanglewood Supreme. No traffic to deal with to get there from QA,parking right in front, the three of us were thoughtfully seated at the corner of the counter so we could easily converse and watch Chef effortlessly turn out dish after dish. Started out with the Honeystung. A perfect summer cocktail. Every dish we had was superb and shared both desserts. Great NW wine list. Always exceptional service. This is the most consistent, high quality restaurant. And can I say this...they have air conditioning! Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best risotto I've ever had!KARPEGVIPDined on 7/18/2014Indian version of risotto. Outstanding! Octopus was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014This was our fourth dinner at Tanglewood Supreme. We keep returning because it's phenomenal - some of the very best food in Seattle, and we eat out a *lot* at the top places from Ballard to Fremont to Belltown to Capitol Hill. Who'd have guessed that a place that competes with the very best would be tucked away on a little side street in Magnolia? We've had the tasting menu - wonderful. We've gone with groups of 6, ordered all but one of the 7 dinner entrees available that evening (the killer was deciding which one *not* to order), and passed the plates in synchrony - a fun and outstanding rotating meal. We've always had wonderful food, wonderful service, a great mix of people from the neighborhood and the city. It doesn't get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menusehyreDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed dinner from the tasting menu: 7 courses including dessert. Each course was delicious, interesting, and artfully presented. Also, it was just the right amount of food (for us); not too much. About 2 hours from seating to leaving. We will absolutely be going back.Special Features:
- Two for two!jleeDined on 7/4/2014After dining there a second time I have to admit that the quality and preparation of the food has been consistently great each time. My family lives in Magnolia so this is a convenient location, but there's plenty of convenient places to go in this neighborhood, it's just not often you find a place that can offer a gourmet dining experience repeatedly. They were very thoughtful in their menu recommendation for our 2 year old and also advised against the more expensive tasting meal as the long timeframe would probably surpass our daughter's tolerance level. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and happily answered questions. Our party of 6 + 1 child had a great meal for our special family occasion and we'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Heaven in MagnoliaSecretKitchenDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant is fabulous. The service is friendly, knowledgeable and impeccable. The food is creative and fresh. We chose the tasting menu--chef's choice. Each of the seven tasting dishes were outstanding. It's Magnolia location means that parking is easy and it's really close to downtown Seattle. It is especially nice to be welcomed by the owner and know that he takes such pride in the restaurant and the service. It really shows.Special Features:
- Love this placeAh220Dined on 7/1/2014Small and off the beaten path. Great service, food and cocktails! Make sure to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnolia gem.OroCoyoteDined on 6/28/2014We were a party of 6 and all enjoyed everything. Cocktails, soup, salad, entrees, dessert, coffee were all very good and the presentation was pleasant. Great service and uncomplicated interior design added positively to the experience. Tanglewood Supreme was a great place to enjoy good food and catch up with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent chef. Every single dish was special. From appetizers to dessert.Special Features:
- Magnolia's little secretDennisDined on 6/26/2014Terrific fish dishes highlight this tucked-away neighborhood gem, down an alley from Starbucks. The food preparation -- which we enjoy watching from our seats at the counter -- is spectacular and the service is perfect. The only negative is the lack of decor -- there simply has been no effort made to make the room look even marginally attractive. Good thing they have great food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Excellent variety of seafood - well presented. We did the 7 course tasting menu and loved the 2 1/2 hour meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnermichaelDined on 6/17/2014We celebrated my birthday on a Tuesday night at Tanglewood Supreme and had a great time. We both had the tasting menu (7-course, 2+ hour meal) and were very happy with the options. While all courses were great, my two favorites happened to be the first and 6th courses and both were based on scallops. The first appetizer was a scallop cerviche which was amazing...and the sixth was the scallop entre. Highly recommended. If possible, definitely sit at the counter around the kitchen so you can see all the food being prepared.Special Features:
- Foodie FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014This small, contemporary minimalist design restaurant with some open kitchen seating seating is perfect for patrons who are into expertly prepared food with out of the ordinary presentation and preparation and some adventure in the limited range of options, but which include choices for those less adventurous as well. Everything was fresh, succulent, and imaginative and the service was excellent as well, a great choice for a special occasion for those dining primarily for the quality of the cuisine and service vs. location and setting.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodJohnDined on 6/3/2014How wonderful to have this hidden gem in Magnolia. The weathervane scallops are the best I've ever had, cooked just right, and the oysters were fresh. The salmon tartare was also a treat. What a great little place. I'd stack them up against anything I've had for seafood in Seattle!!Special Features:
- Always a fantastic experienceRobinVIPDined on 5/22/2014We are great fans of chef Jeffrey. His flexibility with accommodating special requests is always so very appreciated. The menu items are always creative and delicious. It makes me happy to have your seafood!Special Features: