3216 W Wheeler Street
Seattle, WA 98199Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tanglewoodsupreme.com/
- Phone: 2067086235x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday
Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm (Dinner Menu available)
Dinner: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Kessenich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tanglewood Supreme
Tanglewood Supreme is a local seafood bistro that brings a "fisherman to table" experience right to each and every diner. This philosophy inspires everything we do extending well beyond seafood into how we source our meats, produce and local spirits. With an uncompromising focus on excellence, the very best purveyors that the Pacific Northwest has to offer are our partners. It is this spirit that infuses every aspect of the restaurant, from its design and ambience to service and of course, our cuisine. Whether your palate craves fresh seafood or perhaps something equally delicious from the land, join us, sit at our chef's counter or perhaps a cozy booth, and taste a delicious modern twist to a bounty that is combined with a respect for tradition. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Tanglewood Supreme - Best Restaurants in Magnolia ›
Tanglewood Supreme reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (24)romantic (14)good for groups (8)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- JohnDined on 9/16/2014Our dinners were great - seared albacore and bacon wrapped chicken breast - were great, as were the accompaniments. Real attention to detail for fresh vegetables and sauces, well done. I enjoyed the carrot and kohlrabi latkes, and the wonderful salad with fresh peaches. This is a real find and worth the trip to MagnoliaSpecial Features:
- Try th tasting menu!fuzzykiwi48VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great food, unique/industrial location. The tasting menu for $45 was a great deal. Only a crying baby at the table next to us put a damper on a great evening. Not sure what the restaurant could have done about it. So glad we tried Tanglewood Supreme while we were in town.Special Features:
- Very Impressive=Never Disappoints!!FoodieInMagnoliaDined on 9/11/2014We usually bring out of town guests to Palisades restaurant but this past week we decided to bring seafood loving guests to Tanglewood…Absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!! Everyone ordered the scallops which were so tender & sweet. Very impressive!!Special Features:
- Great experience!Live2eatDined on 8/30/2014If you want a nice view this is not your place as it is on small road overlooking some dumpsters but the inside the resturant the ambiance was lovely with a great open kitchen. If you like cooking would be fun to sit at the bar area around the kitchen. We did the tasting menu - 7 courses for $45 which was great value. Our server was very professional but not particularly friendly. A man who I'm assuming was the owner also walked around throughout the night chatting with diners and was very friendly. Overall a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated out anniversary at Tanglewood and really enjoyed it. The food and service was outstanding. I know that we will be back.Special Features:
- Great value for AMAZING food!!!FoodieInMagnoliaDined on 8/23/2014We ordered the sampler: courses for $45. Perfect size courses with an amazing and delicious preparations. Tasted a few items I know I would never have order on my own--so pleasantly pleased with the flavors. I was worried that there might not be enough food for my larger size husband but even he was full….I had part of my entree packaged to take home-wanted to be sure to have enough room for dessert--sure glad I did! Vegetarian sampler only $35.00 We sat at the chef's bar this visit and enjoyed watching the chefs prepare the meals.Special Features:
- Amazing Experiencejordanb34Dined on 8/16/2014I went here for a nice romantic date night and was not disappointed. If you're looking for ambiance, then you could likely find better places since it doesn't have a view or anything, although the town of Magnolia is nice and the inside is put together well. If you want to impress with amazing food and service, this place will not disappoint. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Best deal for a tasting menu!trilleryDined on 8/15/2014$45 for a 7 course tasting menu? That's the best deal in Seattle. The dishes were inventive and very tasty. I even ate and enjoyed octopus! I especially loved the chèvre-stuffed squash blossoms that were done tempura-style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anneversary dinnerBrucekoDined on 8/8/2014We went to Tangewood for our anniversary and had a great meal. The food was priced reasonable, was innovative but not off in left field. We shared the grilled octopus. It had a wonderful flavor. My wife had scallops. They were more than accommodating for her lactose intolerance. I had the Hanger steak. The steak was one of the best flavored piece of beef I have eaten. The only downside was it was very loud even with it being a small place. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Loved itdiningdivaVIPDined on 8/5/2014Started with a cocktail. They make the best Manhattan in town! Food was very good. Started with an order of squash blossoms and root vegetable fries. My husband loved the fries but decided next time we'd pass on the squash blossoms. Next we had a wonderful quinoa and heirloom tomato salad. It was so good I tried to duplicate it last night at home. Theirs was definitely better. Then we had the tuna and hanger steak for our entree. The hanger steak was fantastic. My husband felt the tuna was a little bland in flavor. He said he'd definitely order the steak next time. We didn't have them this time but their scallops are fantastic too. Be sure to make a reservation, it's a very small restaurant that fills up quicklySpecial Features:
- ReliableSeattleRainReaderDined on 7/19/2014Our family had yet another exceptional meal at Tanglewood Supreme. No traffic to deal with to get there from QA,parking right in front, the three of us were thoughtfully seated at the corner of the counter so we could easily converse and watch Chef effortlessly turn out dish after dish. Started out with the Honeystung. A perfect summer cocktail. Every dish we had was superb and shared both desserts. Great NW wine list. Always exceptional service. This is the most consistent, high quality restaurant. And can I say this...they have air conditioning! Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best risotto I've ever had!KARPEGVIPDined on 7/18/2014Indian version of risotto. Outstanding! Octopus was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014This was our fourth dinner at Tanglewood Supreme. We keep returning because it's phenomenal - some of the very best food in Seattle, and we eat out a *lot* at the top places from Ballard to Fremont to Belltown to Capitol Hill. Who'd have guessed that a place that competes with the very best would be tucked away on a little side street in Magnolia? We've had the tasting menu - wonderful. We've gone with groups of 6, ordered all but one of the 7 dinner entrees available that evening (the killer was deciding which one *not* to order), and passed the plates in synchrony - a fun and outstanding rotating meal. We've always had wonderful food, wonderful service, a great mix of people from the neighborhood and the city. It doesn't get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menusehyreDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I enjoyed dinner from the tasting menu: 7 courses including dessert. Each course was delicious, interesting, and artfully presented. Also, it was just the right amount of food (for us); not too much. About 2 hours from seating to leaving. We will absolutely be going back.Special Features:
- Two for two!jleeDined on 7/4/2014After dining there a second time I have to admit that the quality and preparation of the food has been consistently great each time. My family lives in Magnolia so this is a convenient location, but there's plenty of convenient places to go in this neighborhood, it's just not often you find a place that can offer a gourmet dining experience repeatedly. They were very thoughtful in their menu recommendation for our 2 year old and also advised against the more expensive tasting meal as the long timeframe would probably surpass our daughter's tolerance level. Our server was knowledgeable about the menu and happily answered questions. Our party of 6 + 1 child had a great meal for our special family occasion and we'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie Heaven in MagnoliaSecretKitchenDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant is fabulous. The service is friendly, knowledgeable and impeccable. The food is creative and fresh. We chose the tasting menu--chef's choice. Each of the seven tasting dishes were outstanding. It's Magnolia location means that parking is easy and it's really close to downtown Seattle. It is especially nice to be welcomed by the owner and know that he takes such pride in the restaurant and the service. It really shows.Special Features:
- Love this placeAh220Dined on 7/1/2014Small and off the beaten path. Great service, food and cocktails! Make sure to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnolia gem.OroCoyoteDined on 6/28/2014We were a party of 6 and all enjoyed everything. Cocktails, soup, salad, entrees, dessert, coffee were all very good and the presentation was pleasant. Great service and uncomplicated interior design added positively to the experience. Tanglewood Supreme was a great place to enjoy good food and catch up with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent chef. Every single dish was special. From appetizers to dessert.Special Features:
- Magnolia's little secretDennisDined on 6/26/2014Terrific fish dishes highlight this tucked-away neighborhood gem, down an alley from Starbucks. The food preparation -- which we enjoy watching from our seats at the counter -- is spectacular and the service is perfect. The only negative is the lack of decor -- there simply has been no effort made to make the room look even marginally attractive. Good thing they have great food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Excellent variety of seafood - well presented. We did the 7 course tasting menu and loved the 2 1/2 hour meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful birthday dinnermichaelDined on 6/17/2014We celebrated my birthday on a Tuesday night at Tanglewood Supreme and had a great time. We both had the tasting menu (7-course, 2+ hour meal) and were very happy with the options. While all courses were great, my two favorites happened to be the first and 6th courses and both were based on scallops. The first appetizer was a scallop cerviche which was amazing...and the sixth was the scallop entre. Highly recommended. If possible, definitely sit at the counter around the kitchen so you can see all the food being prepared.Special Features:
- Foodie FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014This small, contemporary minimalist design restaurant with some open kitchen seating seating is perfect for patrons who are into expertly prepared food with out of the ordinary presentation and preparation and some adventure in the limited range of options, but which include choices for those less adventurous as well. Everything was fresh, succulent, and imaginative and the service was excellent as well, a great choice for a special occasion for those dining primarily for the quality of the cuisine and service vs. location and setting.Special Features:
- Excellent seafoodJohnDined on 6/3/2014How wonderful to have this hidden gem in Magnolia. The weathervane scallops are the best I've ever had, cooked just right, and the oysters were fresh. The salmon tartare was also a treat. What a great little place. I'd stack them up against anything I've had for seafood in Seattle!!Special Features:
- Always a fantastic experienceRobinDined on 5/22/2014We are great fans of chef Jeffrey. His flexibility with accommodating special requests is always so very appreciated. The menu items are always creative and delicious. It makes me happy to have your seafood!Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Tanglewood Supreme reviews archive.
- Perfectly wonderfulWarEaterDined on 5/21/2014Chef Jeffery was right there across the table from us, preparing our tasting right as we were eating them. Each plate was filled with incredible flavor combos, each one pitch perfect (but a note for other diners, the tasting we had was pescatarian, but did include octopus, for what that's worth for others with peculiar choices of meat they do/do not eat). The desert with the basil ice cream blew me away.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Food and presentation were outstanding. Compliments to the chef.Special Features:
- Great Place to Show Off SeattleNJtoSEADined on 4/26/2014My parents were visiting from NY, and I wanted to impress them with Seattle dining. Tanglewood Supreme was a perfect way to do that - amazing locally sourced seafood, interesting combinations of flavors, and warm ambiance. While not cheap, the prices are reasonable for the quality of food. The portions are just right, leaving enough room for dessert (which was also delicious). We also got a visit from the restaurant's owner who was able to share some of his personal stories about the food and the business - it shows how much he cares about the dining experience of his customers. I highly, highly recommend.Special Features:
- Beyond Expectationsfandango57Dined on 4/26/2014This may have been the most consistently excellent meal I have had in quite some time. A frequent business traveler, I eat out A LOT. I researched this restaurant online and took a gamble that it would be a hit with my business associates, who were joining me from NYC and France. We were seated at the corner of the chef's table, which gave us the opportunity to converse while at the same time look in on the activities in the open kitchen. Quite impressive. Although we were disappointed that they were out of oysters for the evening, we decided to begin the evening with a round of edamame and a really nice local Pinot Gris. I had the scallops, while both of my comrades opted for the steak. Scallops were perfect, steak was unbelievableSpecial Features:
- Terrific All AroundlouischDined on 4/15/2014We did the tasting menu and every dish was spot on. Wines were also wide enough for diverse pairing. Staff is very talented.Special Features:
- Tanglewood Supreme neighborhood gemJeanneDined on 4/4/2014Four of us had an enjoyable Friday night dinner here. Excellent service with good food and cocktails. A pleasant and fairly busy small neighborhood restaurant, with tasteful modern decor (with tables built of apparently re-purposed old wood). Nice for us to venture from our home turfs of Ballard & Wallingford up to the happening "downtown" core of Magnolia, where Tanglewood Supreme is located along with numerous other new restaurants nearby. Reservations recommended, as on busy nights looks like it fills up fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret gem!SeattleRainReaderDined on 4/3/2014Down an obscure alley in Magnolia, this is a true foodie find. Chef Chappelle never disappoints. Super fresh ingredients always done with a twist. I tried an amazing new Hef beer. The goatcheese cheesecake is sophisticated, subtle and superb. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent service.anitaDined on 4/2/2014Great food, excellent service. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service was just OKLindaDined on 3/29/2014We had a lovely meal but the waiter seemed impatient rather than attentive and made a big deal about how the timing of the entire evening would be off if the one person who wanted the tasting menu selected it. The rest of us made it clear that we didn't mind waiting the two hours the tasting menu might take but he still discouraged it and was not accomodating. Then I felt rushed to order -- he came to our table to see if we were ready at least 3 times when it was obvious we were relaxed, taking our time and enjoying our wine. I'd go back because the food was great but would request a different server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Magnolia GemEllieDined on 3/7/2014This small but cozy little restaurant is a nice addition to the neighborhood. The food is excellent with a menu that is limited to a few choices but with preparation that is far above average. The service is friendly, the server knowledgeable. Highly recommended. Next time we will try the tasting menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks TanglewoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014Had a fantastic dinner here with a beautiful date. Daniel our server was attentive, kind, efficient. We did the 7 course tasting, each course was memorable, but the 6th course, scallops, was a masterpiece. It moved us to an awed silence. Only complaint - we were at a table against the wall that had a fire alarm switch right at eye level. Is didn't affect dinner, but it wasn't a very classy touch. Any way to avoid that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tiny gem in MagnoliaDennisDined on 2/26/2014Tanglewood is located in what can charitably be called a side street, but is really a large alley that runs parallel to McGraw, in the heart of Magnolia village. I make it a point to sit at the counter whenever I go to Tanglewood, because we find the chef and his sous chef enormously entertaining as they prepare the various dishes for the patrons. And that's the extent of the ambiance at Tanglewood. You decoration of any sort -- just bare, reflective walls which make the tiny room a bit loud. But the food is just excellent and never fails to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to remember!LauraBDined on 2/15/2014So, the power went out as we were seated. They had an emergency generator for the kitchen but no light throughout the restaurant. The wait staff was unbelievable; lit candles and proceeded to bring us a bunch of cold, non-cooked items which were all delectable. After about 45 minutes we were getting ready to head out when the lights went on! We stayed and had a fabulous dinner. It was a Valentine's Day dinner for my hubby and I and, I must say, very romantic indeed.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceAngiePDined on 2/13/2014The food was amazing and the service was wonderful. It was a bit loud for our romantic dinner, but not so loud that we couldn't enjoy ourselves. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre valentine's dayDebn8rDined on 2/8/2014My valentine will be out of town on the 14th so he took me here to celebrate early. Had the tasting menu and couldn't have been happier. Took our own special bottle of wine and it was no problem. Great value! We enjoyed 6 different types of seafood over the 7 courses. Service was excellent. Owner came out and gave us a special greeting. We will go back again. We live on the East side but it was certainly worth the trip--even in the snow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.