3216 W Wheeler Street
Seattle, WA 98199Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tanglewoodsupreme.com/
- Phone: (206) 708-6235
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday
Happy Hour: 4:00pm - 6:00pm (Dinner Menu available)
Dinner: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Kessenich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tanglewood Supreme
Tanglewood Supreme is a local seafood bistro that brings a "fisherman to table" experience right to each and every diner. This philosophy inspires everything we do extending well beyond seafood into how we source our meats, produce and local spirits. With an uncompromising focus on excellence, the very best purveyors that the Pacific Northwest has to offer are our partners. It is this spirit that infuses every aspect of the restaurant, from its design and ambience to service and of course, our cuisine. Whether your palate craves fresh seafood or perhaps something equally delicious from the land, join us, sit at our chef's counter or perhaps a cozy booth, and taste a delicious modern twist to a bounty that is combined with a respect for tradition. Cheers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tanglewood Supreme - Best Restaurants in Magnolia ›
Tanglewood Supreme reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (19)romantic (13)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Tanglewood celebrating one yearTanglewoodVIPDined on 10/25/2013On business in Seattle from Denver, we are complete foodies and we found Tanglewood for a nice dinner and couldn't have had a better evening. This restaurant is simply excellent on every level. Every course we had was so expertly prepared, with great flavors. The fish was ridiculously good, I had Ling Cod and my husband has King Salmon. The owner was engaging and professional, taking care of our every need but not intrusive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting to experience fine dining in a small intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhere between OK and good.BobinMagnoliaVIPDined on 10/24/2013The service was very good, and we enjoyed watching the chef prepare our meal from seating adjacent to the open kitchen. Both my wife and I ordered scallops, which were perfectly cooked and nicely presented. The pearl pasta and eggplant that came with the scallops was bland.
- lovely surprizetrynewthingsDined on 10/19/2013this little restaurant tucked away in magnolia village is a real find. The service was unbelievable, attentive but not hovering, friendly and informative but not overpowering - a 4-star level of service. The food was delicious as well - enough choice for the meat and vegetarians out there and guaranteed to appeal to all those foodies and lovers of a fine meal. I am raving about the place and would recommend it to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just awesomeseattlefoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2013Such an AMAZING meal. I had the chef's tasting menu. INCREDIBLE. Incredible service, food, everything - - and reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful local gemCecifloVIPDined on 10/9/2013you would never expect to find such a gem in an alley in Magnolia but there it is and you can't miss it. A very dynamic menu that changes constantly, excellent service, open kitchen and high cuisine, elaborated with attention to detail, great ingredients and innovating technique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, fresh,tasty , and uniqueAshjenn621Dined on 10/9/2013Definitely worth a try. This tucked away restaurant features fresh ingredients and seafood and flavor combos that are uniquely comforting. We had the tasting menu and were very pleased, the the mains looked awesome! Service was attentive and not overbearing. Recommend sitting at the counter near the kitchen for a fun, interactive experiemce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceBlPeonyDined on 9/27/2013I took my visiting relatives here for dinner last week and we were extremely pleased with our experience. The food was excellent, the server was friendly and attentive and the restaurant was cozy but not overly crowded. I definitely plan to come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tanglewood Outstanding!!!samantieDined on 9/21/2013The Tanglewood was an amazing! The staff very personable. Daniel was a delight. The owner stopped by and said hello. The food was exceptional and one of the most romantic and enjoyable evenings. I would highly recommend the place and food. We found this gem online for Seattle best places to eat, and am so glad we went to experience this unique restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local spot worth finding!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2013Sat at the chef's table (bar) and watched dishes made from local seasonal ingredients artfully prepared... Opted for the seven course tasting menu and were delighted by the fantastic food. We left happy, satisfied and full! We would definitely come back to try even more dishes! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome seafood in MagnoliaChrismaVIPDined on 9/6/2013Creative menu, very reasonably priced. Very cool atmosphere. We ate at the bar facing the kitchen which I usually wouldn't like but Tanglewood was different. I felt like I was in the kitchen watching them prepare everything. All of the food looked amazing and everything I had was very good. The restaurant is small but has lots of charm. It doesn't look like much from the outside. Tanglewood far exceeded my expectations and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tanglewood!m0drnDinerDined on 9/6/2013Finally, a real "grown-up" restaurant in Magnolia! The Happy Hour is a treat.Special Features:
- magnolia neighborhood gemaeljntDined on 9/5/2013Been twice and have done the tasting menu. We told our waitperson what we would not eat, e.g., organs, octopus and then waited for the dishes to arrive. Amazingly well prepared and beautifully presented food. The total amount of food served was way too much for us, but we did manage to get most of dessert down by sheer will power because it was so good! Decent wine list. The service was perfect--friendly, attentive without being intrusive. The noise level can be a little loud for the hearing impaired; I would not come with a party of more than four as the space is small. Certainly appreciate being able to reserve a table online. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- After several visits, we areOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2013After several visits, we are assured of consistently excellent, locally sourced food and good, friendly service. Tanglewood Supreme has become our new go-to for an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/17/2013Terrific food and service - great tweaks on all the dishes. Loved the tomato watermelon soup. The acoustics are a bit loud though for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The scallops on the menu areOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2013The scallops on the menu are a must order. Very unique Mexican flair to them. The salmon left a bit to be desired, as it was slightly overcooked. The octopus started was also very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is perfect; service...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2013I love this restaurant but fear that the service is unable to keep up with the demand each time I eat there. The waiters seem frantic; you usually have a wait of 5-10 minutes before they approach your table. We waited over 20 minutes for the entree after our salads were cleared. When I mentioned it to our waiter as to where our entrees might be his response was "in the queue with 12 others". Not a customer friendly response.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Supreme indeed!AnnbaDined on 8/13/2013We had a wonderful meal here. The table next to us was loud and made it hard to hear each other and converse. Otherwise, it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious for my Mind Body and SoulYummyDined on 8/7/2013♥ We enjoyed foods and flavors that neither of us have experienced before. The chef was so much fun to watch. The guests at the table were full of wonderful conversation, and the wait staff were impeccable! Our tasting was such a delight! Each dish delivered with a fun description and plenty of time to eat and enjoy without being rushed into the next plate. We just loved the ambiance of the restaurant, the music carried the food thru our bodies and our minds and the simple colors on the wall to leave our eyes waiting for the beautiful and exhilarating colors of what was to come on our plates!! By far the best most memorable dinner ever. We had the chocolate cake for dessert and it was wonderful! I truly have found my favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All entrees home runFoodie206Dined on 8/2/2013the starter and entrees were amazing. The salmon tartare is out of this world! Gluten-free option to be served with plantain chips. Dessert was OK. Every single entree was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax and enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/25/2013Simply a pleasant way to dine and spend time as a couple or with friends. A place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little getawayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2013Great spot for a couple or small group. My wife and I went for my birthday and enjoyed a quiet romantic dinner. Service was spectacular and the food was delicious. Had a wonderful experience. Great neighborhood spot with character and charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.DonjerDined on 7/2/2013The food was good, but the dishes were a little gimmicky and the portions small. We were slow to be served and the wine was delivered quite late. The restaurant was c rowded, mostly with returnees. Although our overall rating was good, we think that there are two or three better restaurants in Magnolia.Special Features:
- Inventive and always delicious...SeattleRainReaderDined on 7/2/2013Both the bar and menu has never disappointed. Fresh, inventive and always delicious. I wish they were still open for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Service, Mouthwatering FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2013We went in for early Happy Hour on a hot day and found ourselves on our own...an EXTREMELY unique experience for this busy spot. The owner and chefs were very attentive and the food was outstanding. We brought our own bottle, from a recent trip to Walla Walla, and the chef was very accommodating in tasting and recommending the perfect pairing. I would definitely recommend this place to anybody, particularly foodies or seafood lovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.