434 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tangledvinebar.com/
- Phone: (646) 863-3896
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Brandon Robinson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine Bar
A word from Tangled Vine
Called “manna from heaven” by Eric Asimov in the New York Times, The Tangled Vine Wine Bar and Kitchen brings a unique sensibility to the bustling bar and restaurant scene of Manhattan’s Upper West Side. We’ve integrated a casual and friendly wine bar experience with a Mediterranean-inspired menu and an extensive Old World wine list focusing on small producers who remain dedicated to their craft. The Tangled Vine is a great place to drop in for a glass of wine at Happy Hour, enjoy a snack….and as we often see…stay on for a great dinner. Whenever you join us, we promise an experience that’s sure to tickle your senses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tangled Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (12)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (6)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- great happy hour tooodysseusDined on 11/8/2014good food, attentive and informed service for such a busy place and nice wine selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Tangled Vine!TravelFan15VIPDined on 11/7/2014We went to Tangled Vine a lot in its first years and then stopped going because the menu got a little old. It has been refreshed with some great additions, without throwing out the old standards. This is the unusual wine bar/restaurant that is good at both wine and food. The wine list is extensive, remarkably so by the glass, and the food is top notch and affordable. We'll return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful !Foodie4LifeDined on 10/9/2014Would definitely recommend this place to all our friends who are bound to NYC!Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant is cute and in a great location/neighbourhood. However, it was quite noisy and thus, difficult to have a conversation. The waitress was a bit slow, and therefore, seemed neglectful. It took quite a long time for her to come to our table so we could just order drinks. We order a bottle of white wine which was not cold and needed to be put on ice before it was drinkable. Our red wine was delicious. The food was only fair; nothing to write home about and difficult to share.Special Features:
- happytoshareVIPDined on 8/12/2014Terrific find! We went for an early dinner found a very friendly wait staff - kudos to Whitney for making us feel so welcome. Happy hour from 5-7 had some great wines on the list. My husband and I shared the Prosciutto and pears, cerviche and ravioli All were delicious! Can't wait to go back and try some other dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinnerpa13VIPDined on 8/3/2014Went for dinner with my family and decided to stick with a selection of small plates. It was all good, and the seviche was absolutely excellent.Special Features:
- Great food, mediocre serviceAllThatJazz5678VIPDined on 8/2/2014I found Tangled Vine through a ScoutMob coupon. So having $20 off was great. The hostess was wonderful, but our waitress basically forgot about us for 30 minutes. My guest and I were having a great time talking but then there's that point where you wish she would have checked upon you already. So we had to flag her down to order. But the food was GREAT. Reasonably priced, fresh ingredients, diverse menu, and affordable. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Tangled Vine reviews archive.
- Good tapas, just don't be in a rushTracyVIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was really good. Service was very slow - took 20 minutes to order a drink. I think they were short staffed. Would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2014Tangled Vine is a lovely wine bar with great small plates and wonderful service. Perfect place to relax and enjoy life.Special Features:
- A Great Find!CaliforniaRootsVIPDined on 6/28/2014We live 16 blocks away, and we had never had the opportunity to venture inside. What a mistake. It was well worth the walk on a Sunday afternoon. Appetizers were great, and the wine list perfect for the low-key neighborhood establishment. Excellent staff, and an overall delight. We plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/13/2014excited to see this gem on open table! the wine selection is great, but they make wonderful cocktails. The best small plate is definitely the mushroom arancini -- i could eat them all day! The baked ricotta and veal meatballs were terrific as well. I love the ambiance here; it is cozy but not tiny; they offer suggestions and check in but definitely don't rush you or pressure you to order more/certain things. totally love this place!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014Very slow or disorganized service, but helpful with questions, and food tasty.Special Features: