73-83 Main Street
Charlestown, MA 02129Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tangierino.com/
- Phone: 6172426009x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner is served seven days a week
Sunday – Thursday 5pm-10:30pm
Friday and Saturday 5pm-11:30pm
We don't take reservations for Koullshi Lounge.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Samad Naamad
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Join us at Koullshi lounge located in the lower level of Tangierino: the most elegant hookah, complete walk-in cigar humidor alongside new England most sophisticated air make up system and ventilation with a beautiful solid mahogany bar accented by 7 discrete flat screen TVs.
- Private Party Facilities: TANGIERINO restaurant private rooms accommodate 10 to 200 guests for your next wedding, business functions, social events, or fund raising.
KOULLSHI Cigar bar and Hookah Lounge private rooms can accommodate 10 to 160 guests for your next Wedding, social events, fundraising, or Cigar/ Hookah dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Teresa DaVeiga 6172426009x
- Entertainment: Nightly belly dancing shows
- Special Events: In one building complex you start with Tangierino: an award-winning restaurant, with an intensive wine list, belly dancing shows in a private tents seating’s. If you are in the mood for more fun go to Koullshi lounge: more belly dancing shows, hookahs, international music, premium walk-in cigar humidor.
A word from Tangierino
Tangierino, Boston’s most romantic restaurant is an award winning Moroccan cuisine, where old world-cooking methods are combined with new world culinary cultures and where the freshest and the finest ingredients, prime aged beef, locally caught seafood, small farm vegetables and the widest array of the earth's most exotic spices are used to produce the most delicious meals in Boston. The result is a distinctively Moroccan influenced cuisine that has been recognized by Zagats, Boston Magazine, The Boston Globe, Improper Bostonian, and Phantom Gourmet as one of Boston’s best destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Tangierino - Best Restaurants in Charlestown ›
Tangierino reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (50)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (21)notable wine list (12)late-night find (10)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful food!LoveGoodFoodDined on 9/22/2014The spinach salad was the best I've ever had! Wonderful combination of tastes. The SHortribs and couscous were outstanding. It is a big portion and we could have split the entrees. We will definitely return here on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JMAPARVIPDined on 9/15/2014Simply THE BEST for fantastic food, great ambiance, beautiful setup, and cozy and relaxing environment. These guys know how to prepare zesty Moroccan food!! Nothing like it in the area!!Special Features:
- Great Night OutAB88BostonVIPDined on 9/6/2014A group of 5 of us went to Tangerino on a Saturday. We all enjoyed ourselves. The food was great and the experience was perfect for a Saturday night out. We started with a hookah and drinks, then ordered some small plates. Some highlights were the scallops, shrimp, and tuna tartar.Special Features:
- Tangierino Was Great!nickname3Dined on 8/30/2014Our visit to Tangierino was wonderful! The food was great especially the cous cows (? spelling) that had turnip, squash, cabbage and carrots with a nutmeg seasoning! The atmosphere was Moroccan without traveling overseas - it was a special night enjoyed in a beautiful part of Charlestown. Recommend to everyone for a special night.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekHighmaintainancechicDined on 8/29/2014We didn't know that it was Restaurant Week. We were given a limited menu, but special reduced price for 3 course meal. Food was excellent, but not necessarily what we would choose. The staff is friendly, but the belly dancer didn't dance. She didn't come near our table. Our waitress didn't bring bread, did not offer us tea and never asked how the food was. If we were paying full price, I would have complained. Restaurant Week saved them from having to listen to complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Moroccan Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014I love this restaurant. The food is extremely tasty. Wonderful ambiance, cozy and comfortable. I could eat here everyday.Special Features:
- Great spot in Charlestownnegnog91Dined on 8/26/2014This was a great date place upstairs with the option to go downstairs afterwards for hookah and a bellydancer. Would be good for groups on weekends or something romantic upstairs. Definitely a hidden gem.Special Features:
- What took me so long?MattDined on 8/25/2014I have lived in Charlestown for 3 years and finally got around to trying Tangierino. Restaurant week felt like a good time to try it out, so my girlfriend and I went. I really enjoyed the atmosphere in there from the décor to the dim lighting. The food was excellent. I would definitely recommend trying this place out, I will come back some time and check out the rest of the menu options.Special Features:
- C1C1Dined on 8/25/2014Normally I love this place but for dine out Boston I will never go again. They ONLY had D. O. B. menu with desserts that all had dairy. I'm lactose intolerant and couldn't even take it to go for someone else to eat. Our server was cold and unfriendly. Our back server was much better. Attentive kind and observant. If I didn't love there food so much and have so many dairy and gluten free options I probably wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCulinaryExplorerDined on 8/24/2014The food was excellent. It was slightly exotic but the blends of sweet and savory seasonings made for an outstanding dining experience. The service was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was comfortable and fun. They even have a belly dancer. This was our first visit to Tangierino. We will definitely return many times. I recommend ordering from the Old World side of the menu.Special Features:
- Great food, ambiance for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/24/2014I was content with this restaurant. We did a double date on August 24th. My wife and I and another couple: our friend was pregnant. We decided to sit in the "tent". Low seating, but romantic. It was 5pm, so it was extremely quiet. It happened to be restaurant week. I got cous-cous with vegetables, they loved their lamb and steak, as well as salmon. There was hummus and pita bread as part of the apps. Dessert included a raspberry tart. We left thinking we would have to come back for Moroccan food. The service was pretty good, albeit sometimes hard for me to understand exactly what was being said. Although our friend was pregnant she did not feel uncomfortable close to the floor. Total ended up being $170. Yes, a bit expensive for a 3-courseSpecial Features:
- Moroccon GemlovefoodDined on 8/23/2014Great for a night out. The atmosphere makes it special. Loved the couches and nooks for groups of people. Nice cocktail selection and all the food was delicious! Wanted to try it allSpecial Features:
- Great for a date night!kmd1202Dined on 8/22/2014Highly recommend for a romantic date night! I have been to Tangierino many times for dinner over the last few years, and each time I know I am going there I really look forward to it! The food never disappoints and the atmosphere is quite romantic. The decor and music is Moroccan with a modern flair and there is typically a belly dancer who appears at least once during your meal, which can be fun and maybe a little awkward all at once. I'm rating a 4 out of 5 stars because of our waiter. He wasn't that friendly with us, didn't check in during the meal to see how it was, and all he brought to us was wine and the bill. He watched from the bussing station to see that we paid, ran over to run the card, then bolted because his shift was over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in CharlestowntangerinosuperbDined on 8/17/2014We dined here for the second time with out of town guests. It was over-the-top. Ambience, excellent food and superb service!Special Features:
- Special OccasionFoodie2Dined on 8/7/2014We had a party of 6 celebrating a momentous family event at this wonderful gem we found. We had drinks and appetizers at the bar and the bartender was very accommodating to our various requests. Some of our party separated to go to explore the cigars and bar in the downstairs of the restaurant and they could have stayed the entire night had we not started to get hungry and request their presence for dinner! We all ordered a different dish from the menu and each had its own character and delicious flavor combinations that melded well. The tagines, both veggie and meat, were divine and full of middle eastern flavor. Along with the private booths and ambiance of the decor, one felt that they had time travelled to Morocco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exotic ...comfort foodGeorgeWDined on 8/2/2014Unfortunately, we don't come to this place as often as we used to. The place is still amazing. Despite its distinctly ethnic food and decor the place feels and food tastes so homey! We ordered duck and several appetizers: b'stila, home-made lamb sausages, and ...raw tuna. Everything tasted great. Still, one of the best servers in Boston: knowledgable and attentive. Very exotic yet comfortable decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We love going to this restaurant, the food is always interesting. Our waiter was very kind and helpful. Two items that are worth mentioning: it is hard to read the menu with the dimmed lights and the sitting can be awkward in the booths.... :)Special Features:
- amazing birthday dinner!larubia7318Dined on 7/31/2014My boy friend took me on july 31st to have a birthday dinner! It was the perfect place! Amazing food great style very relax romantic with real rose petals on every table! We were at a table for 2 right in the back cornwr of the resturant it was perfect! The food was amazing i had never had duck before and i had tried lamb but wasnt a fan. But it was all amazing! The blend od sweet with the meet was perfect! I will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent placeDeyaniraDined on 7/26/2014I love it.. I going again coming soon, magnific place good food excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!dairyfreefoodieDined on 7/25/2014Went with a friend specifically to catch some belly dance and am so glad we did. All the staff were friendly and welcoming. The ambiance was awesome. As someone with a serious food allergy, dining out can be very stressful, but I knew right away they understood and took it seriously and were willing to adjust anything on the menu for me! That's rare! I've often been told just to get a salad because it makes their lives easier. Had one of the best meals of my life. It was so pretty I almost wanted to take a picture. Really talented belly dancer entertained us and we then headed downstairs for drinks and cigars. I know nothing about cigars but there was absolutely no snobbery - they seemed to really enjoy giving me an education.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coaching from the waiter w helpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Great menu the waiter could have been been more engaging and helpful. Great ambiance and for a group it would be helpful to experiment and try different dishes. Make smaller sample plates for entrees?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Great food, great service from our server (upstairs). In the starters totally recommend the chicken in phyllo and shrimp. Fun going downstairs after our meal for Hookah, cigars, dessert and coffee.Special Features:
- Fresh food, fun environmentsmithan2VIPDined on 7/18/2014Love this restaurant!! Somewhat of a pain to find parking near by, but the food is well worth the search for a spot. Very generous portions! We always leave with enough food for a second meal for two people! Yummy cocktails too. Fun entertainment from the belly dancers.Special Features:
- ExcellentSteelMagnoliaDined on 7/13/2014Having become foodies, we now decide to venture out to new restaurants without reading reviews. Tangierino was our latest choice. The experience was not a disappointment! The food was fabulous, the service impeccable. We will be back.Special Features:
- Worst Experience at Tangerino EvermissmyleneDined on 7/12/2014Most awkward seat: a two-seater sofa that looks straight ahead at a large, noisy bachelorette party. Right away we asked for another table, but they said there were none available supposedly. The bus boy knocks over my glass of water. Water spills all over the place (not on us luckily) and the seat, which makes us have to relocate. Not a bad thing since I wasn't crazy about the seat anyway. Our entrees come, but no silverware is on the table. We take some from the adjacent empty table because we have no faith that they will actually come in a timely manner. Medium-well, is well done. I send it back. Still awful tasting.Special Features:
- Large group dined with hookah afterDaniDined on 7/11/2014Very good food. Belly dancers showed up a little too often. Appetizers were very small. Entree size was large. We went downstairs for hookah. Was intimate and not very smokey. Good air circulation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MellyVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was really good and the belly dancers were an added plus. The lounge downstairs was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Unique ExperienceLarryBVIPDined on 6/29/2014We visited Tangierino while on vacation and loved it. They offer traditional Moroccan cuisine along with modern fusion of several styles. Tangierino has wonderful small plates and appetizers with unique flavors and combinations. We had ground lamb in pastry, and a chicken dish to start. We selected the Short Ribs as the entree, and we're extremely pleased. Even though we split the entree, it was a LOT of food, so bring your appetite or several guests. The atmosphere is unique. Tables are shrouded in sheer curtains, and each setting has different furniture - delightful! Tangierino has an extensive wine list with excellent selections from around the globe. Mark-ups are reasonable, and bargains abound. Check them out soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDorchesterdivaDined on 6/14/2014Quiet, romantic, scene. Wait staff handles everything. New and old world menu both bustling with aromatic and vibrant flavors. A pleasing experience from start to finish. I miss how the bus boys used to wash your hands in rose water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love TangierinoNyneveVIPDined on 6/13/2014The b'stilla was epic, as was the beef tenderloin. We got there at 6 pm so it was still a little early for a friday night but we prefer the quiet atmosphere and extra attention from the waiters. Anyone who goes should definitely try the sangria. We also went down to Koullshi lounge and had the hookah. So good. Definitely going there again.Special Features:
- barbVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was inventive and delicious! Eggplant; scallops, lamb especially. Love the figs and apricots! YumI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 957 reviews are from the Tangierino reviews archive.
- Date nightCtlevDined on 5/31/2014The night was overall a good night. The server was not very attentive and the food and the drinks took along time. Once our food came to the table every thing was good. I would go back but I hope the service will be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Tangierino - the food was very good and service was very efficient. Because we gave a small tip to the belly dancer, she stayed at our table a bit longer than most. We had a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing atmosphereAndarooDined on 5/22/2014One of the best interiors I have seen in all of Boston. You really feel transported to Morocco when you are seated in your private booth nicely decorated with authentic feeling tapestries. The Menu was nicely divided between "old world" and "new world" entrees. I dined with a person from Morocco and she was thrilled with the authentic presentation of the old world entrees. Great spot for a date, very romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Moroccan GemLeeKDined on 5/19/2014We had a wonderful meal. Beautiful restaurant, quiet,valet parkingSpecial Features:
- Lovely butBabsDined on 5/13/2014Benches need to be updated. You are faraway from the table without back support. My scallops were not cooked.Special Features:
- not a pleasant experiencemark2013Dined on 5/11/2014online menu is no longer available. entree is tasteless and pricy. music was loud. if you still want to go, pay attention to final bill: 18% tip was added to bill for party of 3 without mentioning it, and we were asked for gratuity again later on credit card billing.
- Just right!RoyalAirMarocDined on 5/11/2014My wife and I went to Tangierino for our Anniversary. Being that our first trip together was a month in Morocco, I figured we'd try and relive some of those memories. I must admit, I was a bit nervous though. We've been to a couple "Moroccan" restaurants (one of which was ranked as an "authentic experience" by Zagat's) and none of them have ever really done it right. They tend to be too kitschy or just...well, not even close. That said, we were wowed by Tangierino the moment we walked in. It actually reminded us of a certain cafe we frequented while in Fez. On top of the spot on atmosphere, the offerings are well endowed. From traditional to French/Spanish influence, the food holds strong with the environment. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- belly dancing, romantic ambiancemrsluckyoDined on 5/9/2014This is a lovely restaurant. The ambiance is very cool, unique and Arabic/North African. Belly dancers sometimes get a bit too close for comfort, especially while trying to have a romantic date with my husband. . We've been here twice. The first time, the food was delectable. Second time, quite bland. Guess it depends what you order. But overall, it's a lovely time and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, authentic Moroccan food!BostonGirlDined on 5/3/2014Tangierino was recommended to us by a friend who knew we liked Moroccan food. We were not disappointed! We had a couple of the signature cocktails, a mango margarita and a spicy one with veggie-infused vodka served with blue cheese stuffed olives. They went deliciously well with the scallops starter. The menu is divided into traditional (old world) and modern (new world) dishes which gives you great options. For main courses, we got the old world style salmon tagine and the new world eggplant. We also shared a side dish of wild mushrooms. Dessert for us was tiramisu in honor of it being our wedding anniversary, as that was our wedding cake. It was light, but filling, and served with fresh whipped cream. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.