221 SW Pine St
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
Downtown Portland - SW
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tangierrestaurant.com/#!home/mainPage
- Phone: 5034594441x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Belly Dancers
A word from Tangier
A warm and welcoming Family restaurant conveniently located in downtown Portland near the water front, noted for serving the finest most traditional Moroccan & Mediterranean available. Our casually elegant atmosphere and exquisite cuisine will enhance any dining celebration experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tangier reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)romantic (3)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Authentic & CharmingFoodieonabudgetVIPDined on 9/13/2014Decided to try out Tangier after reading positive reviews on OpenTable and Yelp. Definitely happy with my decision. It wasn't crowded - which part of me wanted it to be for the success of their business - but the other part was glad to have a peaceful meal. First of all, the prices are unreal, especially for Portland. And then the actual food...so good. I felt like it was the closest to Morocco I'll ever get. I got the Eggplant Casserole with Chicken Shawarma - every bite was better than the first. I've already recommended this place to several people and look forward to eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemCaitlinEatsDined on 9/8/2014This wonderful restaurant is less formal than many others on opentable. It feels more like a casual cafe, is family run (mom and daughter in the kitchen, son waiting tables), and is a fantastic value. Expect warm, fresh, billowy pita bread and large portions. I highly recommend the tagine of lamb and dried fruit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty TangierGeorgeL99Dined on 9/5/2014Great find in a very competitive food market (Portland). Tangier has a very big menu with lots of vegetarian and vegan options--they even offer pizza. Prices are very reasonable and portions are bigger than average. We loved their hummus--terrific! Our server was very attentive and professional. If you like Moroccan food or Mediterranean food in general, this restaurant is a nice change of pace.Special Features:
- Beyond outstandingGingerDined on 8/25/2014This is a family owned/run business and make you feel as if you are special friends. The food was beyond extraordinaire as are the owners. Can't find a thing to complain about other than they don't live in my city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome - Love This Placenew2PortlandiaDined on 8/22/2014The food is fantastic. The service is personal. This place is a gem and everyone who likes Mediterranean food should go here. Theirs is the best.Special Features:
- PleasedDaBaumDined on 8/2/2014I ordered the eggplant casserole with lamb. The red sauce was absolutely delicious. The vegetables were melty and the dish itself very flavorful. I thought there could have been more eggplant but, for the price, I couldn't complain too much. My husband liked the chicken swarma but said it was not the best he's ever had and hoped for a larger portion. The cabbage rolls and accompanying sauce...excellent! An appetizer (served with large pita), two entrees, four drinks, and dessert set us back around $50 plus a tip. Not too bad for dinner downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh, healthy foodJohnDined on 6/29/2014We dined at Tangier on our first night in Portland. We were looking for a reasonably priced, relatively simple meal, and Tangier delivered. The menu offered a wide range of options including numerous vegetarian and vegan options. All of the ingredients tasted fresh and were well-prepared. The pita bread that accompanied the entrees was extremely good. The only room for improvement that I could identify was a very limited choice of wine. But the Cabernet that we drank was a good accompaniment to the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the Tangier reviews archive.
- TastyDeanneVIPDined on 5/25/2014Tasty food, but some of the items on the menu were a little bit difficult to interpret. The service was a little slow, and the drinks were so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.