Tangier Moroccan Cuisine
3070 28th Street
Boulder, CO 80301Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
Tangier Moroccan Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tangiermoroccancuisine.com/
- Phone: 3034433676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Belly dancer available on Friday and Saturday nights with 20 and more guests in the room or on request for a fee.
A word from Tangier Moroccan Cuisine
Come for lunch or dinner at this hidden gem. Tangier Moroccan Cuisine offers dishes prepared by Moroccan natives the traditional Moroccan way with the freshest locally grown ingredients whenever available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tangier Moroccan Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not GreatCUMomVIPDined on 5/10/2013I was excited to try this restaurant and took our daughter and her friend. The food wasn't good or bad, just meh. I had the lamb tangine. The lamb was tender just not flavorful. The eggplant salad was okay. the humus was just okay and the pita was hard as cardboard. Overall, I wouldn't go back.
- Very Enjoyable DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2013We were a little concerned when we arrived - the front of the restaurant is not particularly enticing. However, the service and the food made for a great experience. The wait staff was quiet, pleasant, and efficient. Would recommend any of the soups. Most of us had one of the couscous dishes and every one of them were excellent. We tried the Baklava for dessert and it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't let the vacant stripmsk6261VIPDined on 5/6/2013Don't let the vacant strip mall exterior fool you. This is a casual but quality authentic Moroccan cuisine experieince.
- My fiancee and I had a wonderfulMarkDined on 3/9/2013My fiancee and I had a wonderful romantic meal, real Moroccan cuisine, good food, great ambiance if you like belly dancers. Will go back with our daughter for the food and the atmosphere and friendly staff.Special Features:
- What a nice surprise for Valentine'OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013What a nice surprise for Valentine's Day...intimate but vibrant environment with belly dancer and engaging service personnel. Service was a bit slow at times but was fitting for a romantic evening so not a real problem. Will definitely come back for more! Gem of a place!
- Love this place. So goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2013Love, love, love. We take our kids there all the time. They are always asking to go. The owner is so nice and makes it such an experience every time we go. The food is superb. Love the Casa beer. The bread, butter and honey. The Harissa soho. And you literally could not go wrong with any of the main dishes. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. We're total foodies who've lived in NYC and London and I would put this up there with any of the locals we would go to in those cities. You must try it once. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- Good food & service, right priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Typically, I think of V-day as an Italian or French food night. But we wanted something different for Valentines Day. We were not disappointed. The food was good, the atmosphere and adjacent tables were all very friendly and relaxed. We did the dinner for two and would recommend it to anyone. We felt the value for the dollar was good, the service was perfect, and food was good. The only thing not done just right was the room temperature. The restuarant was cold that night and many of the women left their jackets on. Since they have take your shoes off at the door, remember to wear warm socks as well.
- We enjoyed our dinner on Valentine'SmithDined on 2/14/2013We enjoyed our dinner on Valentine's Day. Ditto for the belly dancer, which was a surprise. Very good food, but the place must have gotten too busy and we ended up leaving before our baklava and tea arrived. We could only wait so long.
- will NEVER returnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013upon greeting us, our waiter began by hi-lighting ALL that was unavailable...mix-ups, cold food, etc. was the main event...had recommended this to friends who joined us and it was NOT GOOD...previous visit was enjoyable BUT will NEVER return...
- Charming setting and personnel!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012Charming setting and personnel! Attentive servers and good food make a great evening!Special Features:
- Wonderful Moroccan food & ambianceNiceWVIPDined on 12/31/2012It looks like a nondescript restaurant from the street, but enter and you are transported to exotic Morocco. There are leather cushions and rugs; also conventional seating. Lovely oriental music plays in the background. One removes shoes before entering so wear nice warm socks! The soups we tried were outstanding, flavorful, but not too spicy and the rolls, served with honey butter are delectable. We had the cucumber salad as well as the eggplant salad and both were excellent. Then came the Basilla, a distinctive appetizer in phyllo dough not to be missed. We had both chicken and lamb main courses and they were tender and flavorful. The service was a little slow, but friendly (we went New Year's eve). Delicious food and experience!Special Features:
- The website and many reviewsiowabearVIPDined on 12/15/2012The website and many reviews mention a multi-course tasting menu which was supposed to allow you to try the full range of Moroccan cuisine. Upon seating, we were informed that that option was no longer available (even through it was still on the menu). That was a little disappointing. There was also a table with kids that were a little out of control which lessened the dining experience. But other than that, the food was FANTASTIC. Well presented and flavorful. We wil defnintely go back (but hopefully no screaming kids the next time).Special Features:
- This place is a gem! It'sNotpickyDined on 12/8/2012This place is a gem! It's truly authentic Moroccan cuisine, very well prepared. We shared the Diafa menu for two which is a very good deal and gives you nice options to sample. The bastilla was excellent! We also sampled a lamb tagine and the chicken tfaya couscous. We also sampled one of the red wines from Meknes; very good. We highly recommend the Tangier for the quality of the food and great service. Don't let the location dissuade you (non-descript strip-mall front). Once you walk through the front door, and take off your shoes, you'll feel like your in the Medina in Marrakesh. This place should be located down on Pearl Street.Special Features:
- Nothing Less Than AstonishingJonathanDined on 11/17/2012Tangier Moroccan Cuisine is found in a very unassuming strip mall, but what a find it is! The atmosphere takes you right out of Boulder, the service is great (and very sweet), but the food is nothing less than astonishing. Not having been in Morocco, I can only say that the tagines and couscous dishes are as good as any I've ever found in France, and I look forward to the bastilla next time!Special Features:
- Beware the Service, Not Going BackOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2012They are EXCEPTIONALLY slow. I understand that food is cooked to order and it take extra time to prepare-not a problem. The real problem is that with only 4 couples in the entire restaurant they took 30 minutes to take our order and bring us water. One couple waited a bit longer than that after being seated and never had their order taken so they just got up and left. None of the waiters wrote the orders down and ours had to come back and ask us-20 minutes after ordering-what we had ordered again. Another waiter at a different table brought the wrong items out and told the people that they had ordered it. At not quite 8pm on a Friday night 3 people came in with a reservation and were turned away because they said the kitchen was now closed.
- We went with my 22 year oldOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/29/2012We went with my 22 year old daughter and her boyfriend. Just picked a restaurant with good reviews. Moroccan sounds good. Sure. We expected great food in Tagines and very much got that. We didn't expect a full show with audience participation. It was a kick. It turned a nice little night out into a blast. Don't be turned off by the goofy, strip center location.Special Features:
- A visit to MoroccoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/9/2012This restaurant is about the experience! While the food was quite good, what really made the evening memorable was the attentive service from the owners, the overall ambiance, and last, but not least, the interactive entertainment. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We were looking for somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/27/2012We were looking for something different to celebrate our 29th anniversary. We chose Tangier because it promised a new experience for us. We opted for the dinner for two, and let our waiter pick for us. We also decided to sit on the floor, rather than the tables. Both decisions were wise! We enjoyed everything, but the vegetarian bastilla and the eggplant salad were standouts. We enjoyed a glass of Moroccan wine, and the baklava and mint tea were delicious as well. Lastly, our server offered us a shot of the Moroccan anise liquor, which my husband loved. It was a special dinner for a special occasion.Special Features:
- MUST GO!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/19/2012Lets me say I am a sucker when it comes to any Arab/middle eastern food. Being an Israeli in the states I am constantly looking to experience my homeland food everywhere I go. Tangier is such a special place. I WISH it was in my city!!! From the moment you seat down on the floor who is covered with beautiful authentic rags and pillows, you feel like you are part of this movie... with beautiful belly dancer, great service and absolutely delicious food!! Top that with a great owner who spent time talking to us and again very friendly prices. TRY the Lamb tagin with Potatoes and olives... the couscous is the REAL deal...go and enjoy!!Special Features:
- The food was excellent, ifOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012The food was excellent, if a bit heavy, but excellent. I had the lamb tagine with artichokes, peas, olives, and preserved lemon. My boyfriend had the lamb tagine with apricots and apple. It was a bit overly sweet (in my opinion), but still delicious. I believe our server was the owner of the restaurant, and he was very generous and kind. At the end of our meal, he poured some rose water on our hands.... Highly recommend Mahya, a liqueur infused with anise and white fig. YUM. Lovely place, deliciously rich ambiance. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Khalil and his staff madeMemphianDined on 5/11/2012Khalil and his staff made our graduation dinner a memorable event. From the wonderful food to the belly dancer to the stories about Morrocco, it was all fantastic. We were there for 3 hours enjoying the hospitality.Special Features:
- A Unique ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2012This is a fun place to dine. The atmosphere is Moroccan with floor pillow seating or tables. One of dishes had lamb which was not as tender as we like, but everything tasted very good. It's on the pricey side, especially their beer selections. We were charged for a "side" of bread (cheesy). There was a belly dancer on the Sat. night we were there, who was terrific.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012I really enjoyed my time at Tangier. We visited on a Saturday evening, and had a blast watching everyone have fun and learn to belly dance. Great ambiance. Food was pretty good. The house dressing (on the house salad) was AMAZING. Best salad dressing I've had. The main course was less flavorful than I expected. The wait was long and the bill was high, but we'll definitely be returning for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Friday night stress relieverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Fun place, with an authentic, gorgeous atmosphere, OK food and a very friendly belly dancer who got us all on our feet doing things in a big happy circle that we thought would never do. Everyone looked silly and everyone had fun.Special Features:
- Great food, out of the ordinaryAlexVIPDined on 4/25/2012This place is great, very unique cuisine an very tasty. Try the bastilla!Special Features:
- We enjoyed this restaurantFrequentVisitorVIPDined on 4/7/2012We enjoyed this restaurant considerably. The food was new, interesting, and delicious. The service was terrific and we were made to feel like guests in a home. Boulder has many good restaurants, but this one will be added to our "go again" list.Special Features:
- Highly Recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012This restaurant was absolutely fantastic. My boyfriend and I ordered the dinner for two. Wow - every course was incredible. I am a vegetarian but my boyfriend is not, yet he loved the soup and appetizer that we got - both vegetarian. We both got tagines for our main course, and they were wonderful. So flavorful, very well spiced - a new and exciting experience. We finished with baklava - wow. And of course, the mint tea, a perfect complement to a full stomach. On top of the fantastic food, the servers were attentive and jovial. There was even a belly dancer! That was so fun. I chose this place for my birthday dinner, and it was a wonderful experience. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- The servicer forgot us evenSteveDined on 2/16/2012The servicer forgot us even thru the restaurant was less than half full. The servicer bought our soup and quickly vanished. It took 5 minutes to get his attention and another 5 minutes to get our spoons. The whole evening was this way. While the food was good and service was very poor.
- The front door is actuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012The front door is actually a portal to a different scene than one would expect from most Boulder restaurants. Walking across the magic carpets makes one realize there is a need to slow down take your time and enjoy the show...as well as the meal. Come hungry, eat slowly and dress in your most elegant clothes that are also loose, flowing and comfortable. Warning- if you are unable to wear a smile stay away.Special Features:
- Very lovely setup, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012Very lovely setup, great food, unique service from the two brother (I think) owners. A real undiscovered treasure in Boulder!
- I loved it, great food, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011I loved it, great food, great service, and I really enjoyed the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- special seating area on theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011special seating area on the floor was closed because they were spraying that area. was not made aware of this before going to the restaurant. Other than that, it was amazing. Went for a child birthday, they made her feel special.Special Features:
- Very pleasant evening. NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011Very pleasant evening. Nice variety of flavors. Excellent service.
- This was our first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2011This was our first visit and won't be the last. The food was excellent, best Moroccan we've had for some of the dishes. The owner was very helpful and accomodating. Be prepared to spend time here. This is definitely a "destination" restaurant. Don't expect to hurry through anything. We were celebrating a birthday and had a fun surprise with a fez and tea!Special Features:
- Tangier was a wonderful firstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2011Tangier was a wonderful first time experience for us. We celebrated a family birthday and received extra special attention! the Food was Great - very flavorful and varied. The owner provided us with explanations of the food which made the experience even better. The atmosphere was comfortable and quiet. We will definitely be returning again.Special Features:
- Unexpected, a good unexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2011I had my parents coming into town and they told me to find a restaurant for one night to take myself and a group of my friends out to dinner. I love exotic foods and had never tried Moroccan cuisine and saw that the restaurant had some positive ratings, so I chose Tangier. It was a Friday night and the meal was not just a dinner, it was an experience, and one to remember. Upon walking in you must take your shoes off which was my first surprise, followed by the beautiful decor of lavish rugs. While waiting for our food a belly dancer put on a show/class in which every patron participated (very fun/funny). Our group did the dinners for two all around with food picked by our waiter, all of which was very good. Fun night and one to remember!Special Features:
- A fun place to go with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2011The Tangier Moroccan Cuisine was a delightful find. We went there with friends, and the restaurant went out of their way to make each guest feel special. The choice of foods were varied, and we all tried different things. The bellydancer was a nice entertaining bonus. We will be going back there again.Special Features:
- Atmosphere and food were superb.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2011Atmosphere and food were superb. My only complaint was being seated directly next to another group when there were other open tables. A minor grievance, though. The service was excellent and engaging. The food isn't cheap, but isn't un-justifiably expensive either.Special Features:
- Delicious food, knowledgeablemarshDined on 10/12/2011Delicious food, knowledgeable server. Loved the slower pace-did not feel rushed. We'll definately go back.Special Features:
- Every dish served was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011Every dish served was outstanding from the appetizer to the soups and salads to the main course and desert. The entertainment was even better. I've seen belly dancers throughout the world, but I would rank Tangier's as the best anywhere.Special Features: