1030 W. Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Tangerine Grill and Patio
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tangerinegrillandpatio.com/
- Phone: 7149051050
- Hours of Operation:
Daily breakfast: 6:30am - 10:30am; Daily lunch: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Daily dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Sergio Rivera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Tangerine Grill & Patio features a diverse menus ideal for corporate meetings, intimate dining, weddings and special events. We feature free range chicken, beef and seafood and farm fresh produce. Our expert staff is standing by. Let us help you to create your perfect event.
- Private Party Facilities: The Tangerine Grill & Patio features private indoor space for 15 to 80 guests as well as lush landscaped pool and patio areas for up to 300 guests. We feature diverse menus ideal for corporate meetings, intimate dining, weddings and special events. Our expert staff is standing by. Let us help you to create your perfect event.
- Private Party Contact: Seda Aksoy 7149051050
- Entertainment: The Tangerine Grill & Patio features live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights, Happy Hour hour daily from 2:30pm - 6:30pm.
Enjoy live music and outdoor patio seating surrounded by tropical grounds nestled in the elegant Anabella Hotel, a luxury hotel in the heart of Anaheim.
Savor the freshest free range steak, chicken or seafood from our eclectic menu featuring fresh seasonal ingredients.
- The food was not good. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2013The food was not good. We waited 45 min. For our food. I wont go back.Special Features:
- The bartender AJ was awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013The bartender AJ was awesome! Great happy hour and great drinks!Special Features:
- Not great.adkkDined on 4/6/2013Average food. Too expensive for typical tourist food. Pass.
- Food and service were horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2013Food and service were horrible. Wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend anyone.
- I recommend to AVOID thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/4/2013I recommend to AVOID this place....it was awful. You could tell that their mahimahi was made from being frozen, and mash potatoes were instant. There was only two other tables being served, and it took 2 hrs to get our main course. Server was ok.
- The sauces and flavors wereDenverdougVIPDined on 3/2/2013The sauces and flavors were all wonderful. Crabcakes were a little mealy but the paella was great. The prawns were huge on the shrimp cocktail! I would recommend this for a quick, casual dinner before going to the Honda Center. We enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- I had the 'fresh catch' redOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2013I had the 'fresh catch' red snapper. It was frozen, not very tasty, and very salty. The only thing I liked on the plate was the asparagus, that's just cause I love it. Service was sketchy. They were slow with everything, messed up our order (although the missing entree came out pretty quickly, but I saw them do it to another table also). The patio was nice, they had heaters for chilly nights.Special Features:
- OC Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013The mussels were tender, juicy, and sweet. 4 stars. The main dish, though, was disappointing. The "fresh catch" was tilapia, seasoned with seaweed and covered in a mango salsa. The seaweed didn't add very much flavor to the fish, which was dry and in some places crunchy. The salsa was good, but didn't "match" the flavor of the fish. It was simply good salsa on top of dry tilapia. I enjoyed the steamed veggies and mashed potatoes that came on the side more than the fish itself. 2 stars. The chocolate souffle redeemed the meal, though. Great crust, with gooey inside, with vanilla bean sauce on the side to pour yourself. 4 Stars.Special Features:
- I have eaten at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013I have eaten at this restaurant in the past and enjoyed my visit, that is why I booked a table in advance to entertain our business associates during the NAMM trade show. On arrival we discovered that there was a private party taking place in the main restaurant, forcing diners to other areas to eat. We had 45 mins for our table, only to be seated next to the pool where there was no cover. We informed the staff of our concerns has it had only stopped raining but were assured that it would not rain again. Half way through our meal it rained and we had to re-locate to another table that they managed to find for us. At the end of the meal our party wanted coffees and we were told that the coffee machine had broken. Not a great experience :-(
- Not good !greasyVIPDined on 12/25/2012Awful experience, we did not like the food cafeteria taste
- A Bad ChoiceImpressedVIPDined on 12/25/2012Service was disappointingly slow. We arrived on time after we had called ahead and informed them that we would be 5 minutes late. We had a party of 8 including 3 children between the ages of 3 and 6. The table had not been set up even though the restaurant was only about half full. They appeared short-staffed on Christmas night. It took quite awhile for our order to be taken. Our waitress was rather inefficient in taking our orders even thoug we were ordering off of a fixed holiday menu. We were never brought our bread basket until we finally asked for it more than half-way through our main course. The children's dessert (ice cream) when brought was partially melted. The dessert for the adults from the fixed holiday menu came late.
- OMG food was terrible, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2012OMG food was terrible, and the service was extra terrible. We stayed in the hotel affiliated with the Tangerine grill, on check in they give you a parking pass with a coupon kids eat free with an adult meal purchase. We had purchased 5 adults meals and a $40.00 bottle of wine we had 2 kids age 5 & 7 we also booked two rooms one was a suite. When we got our check after eating what they call food. We were over charged for the wine by $5 both kids meals were still on the receipt. The waiter actually was arguing about taking the 2 kids meals off, he said the hotel and Grill were separate. They finally took off 1/2 of kids meals and left the tax on the receipt. Never going back.
- Very slow service, on patioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2012Very slow service, on patio area. Waited almost 30 minutes to order, then waiter never once checked on us once after we received. Our food. We were totally ignored by the other waiters, we were therr for over an hour and a half in the patio area and all we ordered was drinks and a few apitizers. Went to poolside next day and same prpblem
- We had the calamari for anOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012We had the calamari for an appetizer and the breading and sauce were good but the calamari itself was too hard and chewy. I would not order it again. I ordered the chicken sandwich and the chicken was dry. Even though it had a spread it in, I still had to put ketchup on it. The portion was a good size. My husband ordered the steak salad and the presentation was beautiful. It was a good salad but the vinaigrette on the beef was something new for us and not sure we liked the taste if the beef. My three year old son had the chicken fingers and the chicken was also dry. He didn't eat very much of it. Although our server was nice, he didn't come around very often. We had to ask other servers who were around the other tables for watSpecial Features:
- The restaurant did not knowOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2012The restaurant did not know about open table when we tried to check in. There were some employees & friends out on the patio who were so loud & raucous we could not sit out there- so much for patio dining! We finally got up & left without eating, went over to The Catch instead. Would never go back to the Tangerine Grill
- Great food, a little scatteredLaRubiaVIPDined on 7/28/2012Great food, a little scattered on the service front. I wasn't sure until I got asked to do this review that the hostess had actually registered my name and credited me for my open table experience! Anyway, excellent salads, my tablemate loved her chicken tacos, and they kept the ice tea flowing so we were all pretty happy. A lovely place to grab lunch if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the parks and the big hotels.Special Features:
- Had made a reservation 4 weeksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Had made a reservation 4 weeks ahead for 12 people and confirmed the reservation however when we arrived although they had the reservation the table was not set up for us. The very young hostess did not really seem to know much or be able to answer questions. Since the web site shows a very charming outside patio ( hense the name) I thought that's where our table would be however we put in a very cold sterile loud room and still had to wait while they arranged the tables. Food was fair and our waiter was OK not friendly but accomadating. The whole place seemed unorganized. Would not reccommend or return.Special Features:
- I loved the atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012I loved the atmosphere and food. The use of fruit (Tangerine)in the food gave it a unique flavor that was a welcomed change from the bland food I had been trying in the Anaheim. The patio was pool side and looked fun, but was a hot day for a Canadian. Try the tangerine margarita.Special Features:
- What a fruitless adventure.LatanyaDined on 6/25/2012What a fruitless adventure. I went to this restaurant with hunger in my belly. To my dismay, the waitress was more interested in offering beverages rather than food. Um, what's on the menu? I don't know because after ordering and waiting 15 minutes the waitress came back to say they were out of ribs, so I ordered something else expecting a better response. While waiting some more and looking around the restaurant I did not see many people eating. In fact of the possible 25+ people there, I saw one person eating. After getting some rolls or bread that didn't look one bit appealing, I decided to check out a place down the street. Of course the last straw was the waitress lying and saying the food would be out in a few minutes. Never again.
- Hostess was rude, would notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2012Hostess was rude, would not seat people with reservations until 12:10, kept saying they didn't open until noon. 3 other parties besides us). We let our waitress know we had an hour long time restraint, but she ignored that, so one person had to stay behind to pay the check - which took 15 minutes alone.
- At least 4 bottled wine choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/24/2012At least 4 bottled wine choices were unacceptable. Unbelieveable.Special Features:
- Would not recommendJohnVIPDined on 6/24/2012They must have been having an off day. Waited an hour for nachos. And longer for our lunch. Was excited to try this non chain restaurant but was very disappointed. Female hostess/mgr gave me attitude when I questioned the poor service.Special Features:
- The restaurant is lovely.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/23/2012The restaurant is lovely. The food is okay--nothing special. The night we were there, the service was terrible. They apologized again and again--in between keeping us waiting for ten minutes or more each time. It took 20 minutes to be recognized and ten minutes more just to get water. They kept telling us they were very busy--there were several empty tables all around us. Even the wine took about 10-15 minutes to deliver. We were disappointed.
- My friends and I were in AnaheimTwoJsDined on 6/23/2012My friends and I were in Anaheim as part of a large prof'l conference. The restaurant did not seem ready for so many people. We were seated within 30 mins. of our reservation; however, we waited another 35 mins. to have our order taken. I had to ask our hostess to make that happen; she took our order herself. Several tables were seated after us, ate and left before our food arrived :-( The food was very good; I recommend the fish tacos.Special Features:
- Had a business lunch thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Had a business lunch there during a conference and the restaurant was not prepared for the rush. We sat for 20 minutes before being waited on and then sat for another hour before our food arrived. The food was alright, but not worth the amount of time it took to get us fed. Not recommending this restaurant to anyone.
- HorribleSalesGirlVIPDined on 6/22/2012We were seated promptly. However, the table was not completely set. Wa had to ask repeatedly for the missing items. The hostess failed to give everyone at the table a menu. We had to ask for that. After half an hour we flagged someone down to ask for our waiter. The other server offered to take our drink order. Another half hour past, at that time our waiter took our order; however our drinks still had not arrived. Our appetizer order never arrive and our food order was not correct. All in all terrible experience.
- Thanks for recommending theCindyVIPDined on 6/15/2012Thanks for recommending the white chocolate souffle! Yummy!Special Features:
- a little noisy due to thebethie1962Dined on 6/5/2012a little noisy due to the pool being located just behind the restaurant. People in swimsuits running through outdoor area to pool and back and then some seated with cover ups on. We came from another hotel and it was stated as 'smart casual'. I don't think coverups account as smart casual. But food and service was very good.Special Features:
- While the food as good itBioggregwDined on 5/30/2012While the food as good it wasn't anything to write home about. The sandwich I had was decent and the nachos were just ok. The service was the best part.Special Features:
- Don't go to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2012My husband ordered surf and turf (prawns and prime rib) but when the dish came instead of prime rib it was a piece of New York stripe. Since our waiter was nowhere to be found my husband waved down the manager that happened to be near by. He explained to the manager about the situtation the manager looked at his plate and proceeded to say "this is prime rib! We only serve prime rib in the restaurant". My husband was so taken aback by her comment, I cut in and asked "if it is prime rib, why are there grill marks?" She then said the most outrageous thing I have ever heard, "we slice off the meat and then put it on the grill to get it to the temperature that you have requested." What kind of restaurant argues with the customer?
- What a GREAT Menu and BETTEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2012What a GREAT Menu and BETTER Prices, Get the Club Sandwich and add Avocado, best thing on the menu1Special Features:
- Quaint with healthy options!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2012I was pleasently surprised to find a non-chain restaurant near Disneyland. I was at a convention and had the option of snackbar food or crossing over to Hilton or Marriott to fight to crowd. This was on the other side of the convention center at the Anabella Hotel. Quaint, healthy choices and good wine. I ate my whole plate which is rare. :)Special Features:
- I became a regular for 2 days. :)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012Went to this place on a whim with friends after a convention; it was surprisingly not packed, even though it's on the same block as the convention center. The food is GREAT! I'm gluten intolerant & there were plenty of options for me. Liked the place, ambiance, servers & location so much that I ate there 4 times in 2 days. Highly recommend the Californian caprese and their signature Tangerine drink!Special Features:
- Way over-rated.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Very close to the Expo center, but the food was awful. All three of our dishes were served cold (they weren't supposed to be. Expensive and definitely not worth it.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant. Bright,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012Excellent restaurant. Bright, open space very nicely decorated.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The patio dining was very pleasant, with heaters provided to make it comfortable during the evenin chill. It is a nice atmosphere in an otherwise busy area.Special Features:
- Kind of forced to eat ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Kind of forced to eat Valentines dinner instead of ordering off the menu when we were just eating there after a show on business time.Special Features:
- Service was great, outdoorCoopVIPDined on 1/5/2012Service was great, outdoor dining was great main corse was Avg. If they uped the food a little it would be a great place.Special Features:
- Patio was nice, but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2011Patio was nice, but the food was nothing special. It was a basic hotel restaurant.Special Features: