2800 Clarendon Blvd, R 900
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tandoorinights.com/
- Phone: 7032488333
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Shivani Miglani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering for parties of 25-200 people.
- Private Party Facilities: We can reserve private dining room for a party of 20-24 persons. Also semi private dining room for 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Davinder Singh 7032488333
- Entertainment: Lounge Music on Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Tandoori Nights
Tandoori Nights, offers an appetizing array of India’s regional cuisine, including signature dishes from Bombay and Goa, as well as vegetarian specialties from the south. A delicious complement to the main dishes, the traditional Naan bread, baked in the tandoor oven, is given extra flavor with garlic and fresh butter, spices, dried fruits and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tandoori Nights reviews from OpenTable diners
- An Occidental DelightLizzieCDined on 12/8/2012First time and it was terrific. The restaurant easily accommodated a last minute change to our party size - 4 to 7 - and showed our table first rate service. Four members of our party were Catholic sisters visiting from India so we got a great education in foods and spices. The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. The only unforeseen drawback was new ownership that did not yet have an ABC license so the bar, while beautiful, was not open. A minor problem. We highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to the next visit.Special Features:
- Under new ownership. No liquormjmdcVIPDined on 11/30/2012Under new ownership. No liquor license yet just fyi
- I have been many times beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2012I have been many times before and the overall experience was always pleasant, not really a great experience, but just pleasant overall. This last time we were told that they had lost their liquor license and wasn't able to serve any alcohol and asked us, without any time to look at the menu, if we were ready to order. After asking for more time, 2 minutes later the waiter came back to aske us if we were ready. We felt unnessasarily rushe from the beginning to the end when they repeatedly kept trying to clear out table. Overall, not a good experience...
- Food was fantastic. ServingBananasVIPDined on 11/27/2012Food was fantastic. Serving of Naan more generous than the previous time. Service very good (multiple people and roles), attentive w/o being intrusive.Special Features:
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/23/2012I came here before a few years ago but this place has drastically improved. Great food and extremely attentive staff which my group of friends pointed out. Looks like the management has changed due to the name change to "ZAIKA". Will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- We did not realize that theTracyPVIPDined on 11/23/2012We did not realize that the restaurant had changed hands. This resulted in a confusing experience with inconsistent menus distributed to the members of our party, unavailable dishes, and no alcohol, due to the fact that the restaurant currently lacks a liquor license. The service was still very good and the food delicious, but we did have a rough start. We will return though.Special Features:
- the biriyani is amazing, asGnocchiHeavenVIPDined on 11/16/2012the biriyani is amazing, as are most other dishes. The kashmiri naan is a must have, and I recommend the mango chutney to go with any mealSpecial Features:
- The food was good but I wishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2012The food was good but I wish they had mentioned during the table reservationon on opentableopentable that they were not serving liquor due to management, we were going to celebrate and only found that there would be no wine when we got there and were seated.Special Features:
- Food was fine but the placewantonfueyVIPDined on 11/13/2012Food was fine but the place had just lost its liquor license.
- Extensive menu, food was excellentmaadimanDined on 11/11/2012Extensive menu, food was excellent and service quite attentive. Would have preferred a more traditional Indian setting with music; there was little to make you believe this was an Indian restaurant. Ubber modern.Special Features:
- Still the Best in ArlingtonKyriakiChrisVIPDined on 11/11/2012as usual it did not disappoint us when it comes to food. delicious! Alex, remembers us and we are glad that he is still working although, he was not our server and prefer Alex to entertain our dinner experience. the restaurant has changed owner so there was no alcohol when we dined, we will be back. it feels like there were something missing when we dined and i cannot pin oint what it was giving the ratings i checked. the place was busy and we get a chance to talk clearly without screaming on top of our lungs, oh yes, iwas expecting the cool and soft indian music in the background which was a nice touch but we cam for the food abd as i mentioned, it was very good.Special Features:
- Elegant Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012We enjoyed the mixed appetizer plate and a Vindaloo. Both were quite good, though the Vindaloo was a little too spicy for us. The Naan, too, was delicious. The restaurant had not gotten its liquor licence when we were there, but I believe they have it now. The ambiance was simple, yet elegant.Special Features:
- I've been to Tandoori nightsTravellerDined on 11/4/2012I've been to Tandoori nights on several occasions and it always has been very good. This night was no different. Very good quality Indian food at a reasonable price, combined with prompt and friendly service. A mistake was made on our order and it was quickly corrected with no problem.Special Features:
- Dinner here was OK. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2012Dinner here was OK. We were seated promptly and service was reasonable. There was no liquor available, although there is a large bar prominently displayed at the entrance (we had arrived a little early and planned to have a drink while waiting for the rest of our party). The waiter claimed it was because the manager had changed. This didn't make a lot of sense. Also, several dishes we tried to order were unavailable. We were told they would be available "next week." Odd. Not sure what was going on, but clearly there were clearly some issues.
- What's Up with Tandoori Nights?JGVADined on 11/3/2012Apparently undergoing a management transition and it shows - no liquor license, poorly trained service staff (who whisked away plates not empty, filled other beverage glasses with water, did not bring back leftovers as requested)and a general feeling of disorganization. Some food was not the same as previous visits nor as good.
- My wife and I have been aBrianinViennaDined on 10/31/2012My wife and I have been a few times and the staff is always friendly and the food is consistently outstanding. It's very easy to order a number of dishes and share them as the dishes come separate from your individual plates.Special Features:
- Great appetizers: pakora andSusannettaVIPDined on 10/28/2012Great appetizers: pakora and crispy spinach. Main courses, meh.
- Service was shockingly awful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2012Service was shockingly awful. There are other places to go to be treated this awfully.
- The main dishes were great,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012The main dishes were great, the appetizers disappointingSpecial Features:
- excellent!FabulousDined on 10/13/2012We had family visiting DC from Denmark and tthe kids had never been to an Indian restaurant. My husband and I dined here many times and the food is always fabulous., plus the metro is a couple blocks away, so we treated them to Tandori Nights. We had the best meal and service and our family loved the entire experience. The waitstaff and hostess were so nice to us! The kids, age 9 & 11, loved the different breads and spices. We shared meals and truly loved everything. Thank you to everyone at this great restaurant for such a terrific time and for the round table in the perfect quiet spot!Special Features:
- Great, but loud - it was difficultOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012Great, but loud - it was difficult to hear what my dinner partner was saying.Special Features:
- Mediocre PerformanceIsThereTequilaInThisVIPDined on 10/12/2012Right up front I'll say I'm grading more stringently because I know TD is much more capable than the this most recent performance. There are still problems with the cocktails either being too weak, having little flavor, or both. I ordered a curry mojito and asked for it extra spicy and got something akin to a Sprite with a hint of green chilies. Food quality was also not up to their usual level: I ordered chicken korma kashmiri, which I love, but it was a bit on the lukewarm side and the usual deep and vibrant flavors were not there. My fiance ordered dal makhani and for the 2nd time in a row it was more sauce than lentils -- as far as I know dal makhani is not supposed to be akin to soup.
- Good for birthdays !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2012We always have a very very good experience with Tandoori Nights. I've taken my partner and his family to Tandoori Nights for birthdays and other special occassions. The food is always good as is the service. We both had the Chicken Korma while our dining companions had Lamb Vindaloo along with the garlic Naan bread and a sampler tray as a an appetizer. The Strawberry Smoothie type drink - non-alcoholic - was enjoyable. We will return for another birthday. Count on it.Special Features:
- A perpetual favorite for theKCFDCDined on 10/5/2012A perpetual favorite for the BF and me. Chicken korma for him, tikka masala for me. Always good.
- Consistently Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2012The restaurant is always consistently amazing for Indian food. I've tried all the local places and in DC, but Tandoori Nights is my favorite, especially coupled with the great atmosphere. I love taking dates here who have never had Indian cuisine and they are always highly impressed. The service is friendly and your water glass will never be empty, which seals the deal. I will be back.Special Features:
- Only objection was tandooridhopeDined on 9/15/2012Only objection was tandoori paneer--it was terrible. Rest of meal was very good.
- Food was excellent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2012Food was excellent and the staff were very courteous. We had some first time visitors to the restaurant and loved the food as well.Special Features:
- The restaurant seemed to careOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2012The restaurant seemed to care only about pushing as many customers through as possible. We were rushed through dinner and asked to leave as soon as we had paid--my water glass was literally taken from my hand and we were asked if we would leave. Perhaps the restaurant could put timers on the table to encourage customers to pace their meals to make sure the restaurant maximizes its profit
- Our food choices were excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/6/2012Our food choices were excellent and the wait staff was exceptional. It was a pleasant (early) evening so we chose to sit outside -- an excellent choice; many others did the same. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Don't be fooled by the gaudy-lookindhvaDined on 8/5/2012Don't be fooled by the gaudy-looking exterior. The food and ambiance on the inside of the restaurant are both very good. The only real knock is that I find the waiters to sometimes be a little pushy.
- The food was decent and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2012The food was decent and ambiance is nice; however, weekend dinner service seems to be purposefully rushed -- it did not make our party feel like guests in the restaurant at all.
- Good But InconsistentIsThereTequilaInThisVIPDined on 8/3/2012Food was very good, but I still can't get a consistent Curry Mojito and our waiter disappeared for long periods.
- I love this spot, but I wishOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/31/2012I love this spot, but I wish they'd bring back their Indo-Chinese menu!
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2012I loved the fruit and nut naan bread. It was so addicting! The lamb was tender and sauce complimented it well. Will return!Special Features:
- I have been coming to TandooriAlexandraDined on 7/18/2012I have been coming to Tandoori Nights for several years. Over the past year it has somewhat deteriorated - both in the quality of food and the ambiance. For example, the menus are totally worn out - felt like being in a cheap place in Delhi. Not at standard with Tandoori Nights, Also the drapes and furniture look a bit dated. Maybe a renovation or at least some touch up would help.
- Great food- but not accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2012I took a friend here for her birthday dinner. We had made reservations and when we arrived, the restaurant was fairly quiet but they sat us in the middle of the dining room. I asked if we could instead sit at the more private booth that could seat 4 but was empty. The hostess insisted it was reserved for a party of 4 who was coming in. Our food and waiter were excellent. But as the table sat empty for the first 20 minutes of our dinner, a group of 2 joggers came in and were seated at the booth. I doubt they had reservations given their attire- and was very disappointed that it seems I had been lied to by the hostess especially when I was taking someone out for a special occasion.
- We had a grand time and reallyDowntoEarthFoodiesDined on 7/15/2012We had a grand time and really enjoyed sitting and having a cocktail with friends in the comfortable seating in the bar area. Very relaxed! Loved it!Special Features:
- A nice Clarendon spot forBee1Dined on 6/25/2012A nice Clarendon spot for great Indian food, especially on a nice summer night when you can sit outdoors and enjoy a leisurely dinner.
- We had an excellent meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/13/2012We had an excellent meal, complete with unique Indian-influenced cocktails. The service was great! For example, when I wasn't happy with my Curry Mojito, he brought me a new one with no questions asked. I was expecting more spice, but the sugar was overpowering, so I asked for a new one with no sugar...very delicious the second time around! I had the traditional Chicken Tikka dish, with an eggplant vegetable dish along side - both were excellent!! I will definitely go back again...soon!Special Features:
- The food was very good. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2012The food was very good. My friend and I shared the Lamb Rogan Josh and the Chicken Malai. Both were excellent. The garlic naan was addicting and every bite was delicious. My only complaint is that there was nothing to nibble on while we waited for our food. We were hungry! But overall, great food, great ambiance, nice staff.Special Features: