Tandoori Mahal - Financial District
941 Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Tandoori Mahal - Financial District
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.indiaclayovensf.com/
- Phone: 4159510505
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 10:30am - 10:30pm Lunch Buffet
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Weddings, birthdays, rehearsals or graduation dinners can be accommodated on-site. Please contact the restaurant for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4159510505
A word from Tandoori Mahal - Financial District
Welcome to Tandoori Mahal Indian Restaurant. We are located in the Financial District of San Francisco. We offer a mix of modern style with traditional roots, from our handmade paintings of rich colors representative of the incredible Indian culture to our fabulous interior and stylish décor. Come listen to our romantic music and dine on our copper dishes on which we prepare delicious authentic Indian dishes using a centuries old traditional Clay Oven method of cooking that allows us to quickly char roast meats, poultry, and seafood at up to 1000 degrees. The Tandoori oven also bakes traditional nan breads crisp or chewy. All entrees are individually prepared to your specified taste and seasoning. We can easily accommodate 70 people for both lunch and dinner service. Come and experience our refined customer service and the highest standard of dining brought to you by our attentive staff and our fabulous food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tandoori Mahal - Financial District reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance1Noise LevelModerate
- Could be betterYumYumDined on 6/23/2014I'm a frequent diner at the Indian Clay Oven restaurant on Clement St., SF, the original restaurant from the chain which Tandoori Mahal belongs to. Unfortunately the quality of food in these two places is totally different - while India Clay Oven is a food quality benchmark on my scale of Indian restaurants in SF, Tandoori Mahal is just an eatery, the food quality is average at best. Besides the food quality improvements the place needs remodeling or at least general cleanup.
- Good family dining experienceAsianCusineFanDined on 12/14/2013The food was tasty and professionally served. Service was friendly and prompt. On the house desert was a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open on Christmas! That'sabsjrDined on 12/25/2012Open on Christmas! That's why we went. Curries were excellent--rich, complex. Especially liked the salmon with spinach dish. Naan warm, buttery and satisfying. Portions were not especially generous; 1 dish=1 person. Service was so off it was comical. Maybe there was some key person missing due to the holiday. We had to order our drinks 3 times and they still got it wrong. On the other hand, when we ordered an extra naan, it came fairly quickly. I'd go back for korma and tikka masala though.
- Decent buffet. The naan waseatingdownunderVIPDined on 7/16/2012Decent buffet. The naan was good. They only had one chicken dish (with a cream sauce) and they used tandoori chicken as it's base.Special Features:
- The service and ambiance wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012The service and ambiance wasn't much to write home about, but the food was outstanding and reasonably priced. Definately worth a try and I'd go back.Special Features:
- I ordered wine from the menuRJA1Dined on 10/21/2011I ordered wine from the menu they didnt have it they suggested another white wine they brought it warm. I ordered food they brought the wrong meal. Service was slow even though no one was in the restaurant. This place has problems
- The luncheon was a bit hitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2011The luncheon was a bit hit with my guests. Everythng was perfect.Special Features:
- My brother passed away recentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/30/2011My brother passed away recently and we gathered for a memorial service in San Francisco. We lived in India as children and Indian food was one of his favorite cuisines so I looked for for an Indian restaurant that could accomodate a crowd. (We were a group of about 40.) Not only could they handle the crowd, they helped me with the planning, advising me on the menu. The food and service were both excellent. My husband commented that he never thought he liked tandoori chicken until he ate the chicken at Tandoori Mahal. Other very good dishes included dal makhani, mattar paneer and rogan josh. The pakoras were heavenly. We were served family style and the staff paced the serving of the food just perfectly. An excellent meal all around!Special Features:
- The food was really good...someOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/3/2011The food was really good...some of the best indian I've had. We ordered mild and it was spicy, but not too spicy. The ambiance wasn't fantastic, but we wanted good food and definately got that. It was very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2010The food was excellent, we didn't actually get what we thought we ordered, but we were quite happy with the food we were served. The restaurant itself is pleasant, quiet and causal. We enjoyed our dinner there.Special Features:
- Very good Indian food! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2010Very good Indian food! Service was excellent, dined 6pm, not busy. Will go backSpecial Features: