Tandoor E India
1610 Route 35 South
Oakhurst, NJ 07755Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Tandoor E India
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tandoorindianrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7325311944
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Saturday: 12:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday (dinner only): 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Executive Chef: Mr. Singh
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: call and ask for Mr. Singh
A word from Tandoor E India
The one instrument no restaurant can do without. The tandoor provides a flavor like no other. If you've ever wondered why tandoori food is so rich and flavorful, here is your answer: the tandoori oven. Dishes like Naan, Chicken Tikka, Tandoori Chicken, Tandoori Lamb, Prawns, Sheekh Kabab, and many vegetarian dishes cannot be made without a tandoor.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tandoor E India reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very nice Indian restaurantIndianVegHeadDined on 7/19/2014Tandoor E is tucked away in a strip mall so you're not really going to go there for the atmosphere but, if you like Indian food, you'll be happy to dine there. This restaurant is clearly a neighborhood favorite but doesn't get overly chaotic (Indian food is still not high up on the list of dining preferences for most people). The food is standard Indian fare prepared authentically and pleasingly presented. The owners are absolutely delightful and service is very good. The buffet, while small, is varied and complete enough to satisfy vegetarians and carnivores alike. Prices are quite affordable. We'll definitely be making a return visit to this charming little restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodlowellDined on 7/3/2014The restaurant was clean and comfortable. The service was good. The selection of different foods was very good. Last but not least, the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 10 reviews are from the Tandoor E India reviews archive.
- Good food, great service inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/6/2013Good food, great service in a strip mall Indian restaurant. We were full after appetizers' BYOBI would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been going to TandoorLoveVarietyDined on 9/27/2013I have been going to Tandoor E India for over 15 years and it has remained consistently very good. Very good quality Indian food. I always start with the variety of appetizers and different dipping sauces. I enjoy sampling from the buffet. The Tandoori chicken is always moist and flavorful. The vegetables, the lamb and the other chicken dishes are tasty; each one is in a different sauce. Even though you can order separately from a menu, the buffet can't be beat. It's a good variety and always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good findOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/8/2013I wouldn't call this "great" but my family and i liked it and we'll return. The food was good -- somethings better than others. The price was right, it was very quiet (not many others were eating there that night), I loved the music, and the service was very good. I felt at home there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SurprisePeterpanVIPDined on 6/7/2013Tandoor E India has been here for quite some time, but I haven't gone too frequently. I do love Indian food, and have made several visits of late. ALWAYS good. ALWAYS. Fresh and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you need Indian food ....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2013It is definitely worth a visit. Veg samosas and chicken pakora were very good. Korma and muttar paneer were both ok .... Though surprisingly similar taste profiles in both. Not a cute place by any means but service was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian food found locallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/19/2013Had an overall nice experience. The food was fresh and delicious, and the server was friendly and courteous.Special Features:
- The restaurant is tucked awayDianaOceanVIPDined on 11/25/2012The restaurant is tucked away in a strip mall. You do not go here for the atmosphere, you go here for the food. The food is consistently good. They are happy to make you a dish that is not on the menu, I like Chicken Tikka Korma and they make it for me. Also, they will alter the spice level and if you ask for mild, you can rest assured that the food will be mild. The buffet is very good and a good bargain. You get 4 courses for $17.95. Even if you have never tried Indian food before, give it a try. Order the Chicken Tikka, you will not be sorry.Special Features:
- My son dates an indian youngOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012My son dates an indian young lady. She introduced us (irish americans) to her food and culture about three years ago . They were visiting us this past weekend from Boston. I had mentioned this restautant to them and they wanted to try it. Arti loved the food and told us it was very authentic. All of us enjoyed the buffett very muchSpecial Features:
- The food was impeccable. ServiceSaralitaDined on 5/3/2012The food was impeccable. Service was fantastic. There aren't too many Indian restaurants in central jersey, but we will definitely be going back!!Special Features:
- Finally - Awesome Indian Food!ShoreGrrrlDined on 4/25/2012I've been searching for a terrific Indian restaurant since I moved down the shore and I'm thrilled to say that I finally found it! 8) The food was wonderful, very reasonably priced and I had enough left over for a second dinner. It was a challenge locating this place - it's hidden away in a shopping center off of route 35 south -- it's directly across the road from STS Tire Center (trust me - you'll need a landmark!). They have a buffet, which I didn't try but it had a nice selection available. Highly recommend!Special Features: