One Seaport Lane
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tamoboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 385-4304
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday, 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Friday – Saturday, 11:30 a.m. - 1 a.m.
Sunday - Wednesday, 11:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday, 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Robert Tobin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Experience customized menus from our award-winning culinary team in our variety of private dining rooms or distinctive Action Kitchen. From floral centerpieces to a staff specializing in one-of-a kind experiences, our private dining rooms are the ideal setting for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Williams 8883515245
A word from Tamo
Featuring contemporary cuisine with a distinctive Boston accent, TAMO Bistro & Bar brings you the best that Boston has to offer with hand-crafted cocktails and stylishly presented food inspired by Boston’s famous ethnic neighborhoods, the bounty of New England farms and the Atlantic Ocean at our doorstep.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tamo reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (12)romantic (9)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (7)special occasion (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Definite PotentialScottDined on 11/8/2014Three of us went to Tamo on a Saturday night. Their two dining areas were quite nicely filled, but not uncomfortably crowded; we werer seated in the bar side. Despite the plush, comfortable furniture, the music was far too loud, making convesation at the comfortably-sized dinner table difficult. The menu is extensive and our food was very good. Our service was spotty, however: I liked not being rushed, but the time between service visits was too long and the wait for our desserts so absurd and without explanation (no less than 20 minutes) that the treats were very kindly comped without us having to ask. I would go again, asking to sit in the area outside of the bar and hoping for better pace from the kitchen and server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mnmmm. lobster rollMorrisVIPDined on 11/3/2014Lobster roll was packed high with fresh lobster. French fries were thin elongated and crispy. Week worth the price of that lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticNewcomerVIPDined on 10/25/2014Tamo had a very different atmosphere then any restaurant I've been to. With sofa chairs and fireplaces, we had a very relaxed feeling right when we sat down. The food was delicious and our waiter was wonderful. The only problem is parking with any restaurant in downtown Boston, if you're not lucky enough to get a spot on the street, you need to pay a hefty amount for parking.Special Features:
- Tempting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014Had an early reservation, so it was not crowded. Needed to request a table further away from the bar, as it was a bit noisy, but the bar quieted down later. Sat relatively close to the fireplace area, which was nice. Had the most attentive service I can recall in years, from our waiter, Christopher. The menu has many items that we considered, so there is something for everyone. The food was very good. The seats are comfortable, more so than most places. There is a hallway leading to the hotel lobby that runs along side the dining room, but the guests were not too noisy. I definitely recommend Tamo, especially if anyone in your party is a picky eater.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureLAtravelerDined on 10/13/2014I was tired of eating in my hotel and looked for somewhere in walking distance for a quite dinner. When I arrived it was a quiet evening although many tables wsere filled. i was allowed to choose my table near the fireplace near a window. As I was dining alone, I wanted a light spot where I could read my book. The dining area was quiet and very comfortable. The wait staff was very attentive but didn't rush me through my meal. I had a lovely light dinner and wasn't hurried to settle the check. After dining in very loud and busy restaurants, it was very refreshing to sit in a place where I could eat my dinner at leisure and feel I was being served well. I would refer this restaurant to family as well as business associates.Special Features:
- A hidden gemmh2191Dined on 10/3/2014We made a reservation for 6 people and when 11 of showed up they couldn't be more accommodating. The appetizers were excellent and the steak tips were to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks like a lounge, food like a restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/2/2014Originally landed at Tamo after finding that Aura ( the wonderful hotel restaurant) was permanently closed. With an event scheduled across the street and limited time, I booked that first reservation at Tamo with skepticism. Although it feels like a bar lounge, the atmosphere is more elegant and the food choices wide-ranging and satisfying. Great place to get a group together as I did on my next two visits. Good place for grabbing a quick bite, enjoyable lunch or late-night light meal. Don't expect great service and you should be pretty happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack of all tradesBunnymomVIPDined on 9/20/2014Is a bit hard to say what they were going for. Very unusual menu- everything from chicken and waffles to sushi- but definitely something for everyone. Ambiance was nice but a little noisy and compounded by someone really drunk at the next table who was extremely loud. Almost went to blows with her. They should have said something so we didn't have to. Very comfy chairs. Could have sat all night!Special Features:
- Outstanding staff, great foodEscokatDined on 9/20/2014Our meal was outstanding, but I ordered an appetizer that was much too spicy for me and much to my disappointment, could only eat a few bites. The waiter, Christopher, insisted on getting me something else or removing the charge from our bill, neither of which was necessary but he wouldn't have it any other way. The service at Tamo is great. You can tell when people love their job, and it shows here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BostoneatsDined on 9/19/2014More of a bar than a restaurant. It is a good place for drinks and appetizers..strange dinner menu. Food was not good
- beautiful place inside and the viewmks91Dined on 9/13/2014The view outside was gorgeous,u can see the boats coming and living,very quiet during day and inside the place was so beautiful the was good too,and so was the food,the clam chowder was on point huniSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions but they taste greatAlexandriaDined on 8/30/2014The food quality is outstanding from appetizers to entree but portion sizes are a bit small. Service was excellent and our group had a great dinner but after a few hours, we ended up going to Legal Test Kitchen for some late night snacking because we were all hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeA2DinerDined on 8/29/2014Went with a group for dinner for the last night of restaurant week. The food and service were both great. The sangria is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TamoMortonsVIPDined on 8/28/2014Tamo offers some good Thai based with Indian flavor dishes that are gluten free. The dish was less saucy with more noodles the last time we dined at tamo. Still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ray SBLoveitDined on 8/27/2014Great service and very accommodating. Interesting menu and food was very taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dineout BostonJem248Dined on 8/22/2014Five of us went to Tamo for Restaurant Week and to celebrate a birthday. We all ate off the special menu. The food was great: my tomato burrata salad had at least 5 different heirloom tomatoes represented with a lovely sherry vinaigrette. The tenderloin was perfectly prepared with fresh wax beans and the matchstick potatoes. The creme brulee was just right with 2 large chocoate-covered strawberries to accompany it. Two people had the grilled avocado appetizer and said it was delicious. The 2nd dessert choice was a chocolate cassis cake with sour cherries and was very tasty. Our waiter was very attentive and we were all happy with the evening.Special Features:
- DrinksLA30Dined on 8/20/2014I would go here just for drinks. I think they can have a better selection of food. The meatballs were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Light FareJemmyVIPDined on 8/16/2014The menu was very creative and food was done very well. Great small sharing plates and would recommend this place for lunch or light dinners!Special Features:
- Great Birthday TreatBeverleyDined on 8/8/2014This was my first time at Tamo and it was a great experience. We sat outside and with airport flight patterns it was a tad loud but I didn't notice after a while. We had a nice server who answered our questions about the menu. The crab cakes were magnificent, and the Creme brûlée was elegant! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food and outstanding serviceFiDiGirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a lovely dinner and enjoyed the food quite a bit. Since we eat out all the time we tend to be picky and I must say I really enjoyed the fried avocado and the vegetable pho. The atmosphere was ok, a bit too much hotel lobby feel. What made the experience wonderful though was the absolutely impeccable service. Our waitress Irene was simply excellent, very nice, really attentive and just all around someone who really knew how to provide great service, always there when needed and invisible the rest of the time. Definitely recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tamo is ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014I went to Tamo because we couldn't get into the restaurant that we wanted. The menu is very eclectic, which is actually the reason that I only gave it 3 stars. You could order anything from pizza to sea bass salad to sushi to chicken and waffles. It was very confusing what type of restaurant this was and what type of dish we should order. The waitress was friendly but not extremely helpful. When I asked her what she recommended, she pretty much listed everything on the menu. Overall, all the food that we ordered actually tasted great! But I was so confused by the actual menu that I wouldn't recommend it to friends even though it tasted so good. Also be careful because they do include an 18% tip regardless of how big your party is.Special Features:
- The following 81 reviews are from the Tamo reviews archive.
- Bad from the startMnaughts1Dined on 7/25/2014In the epicenter of great food and views lies Tamo. We had reservations which seeing the almost empty restaurant was in hind sight unnecessary. We were sat at a table in the hotels lobby next to an obnoxiously loud group. We were greeted by our first server who asked as if we were a bother to him what we wanted to drink. At this point we decided to ask for a table change. Once we changed tables service improved slightly. My wife and I ordered an appetizer to share initially and then several minutes later we order entrees. Within 90 seconds of receiving our appetizer, we also received our entree which in my opinion is annoying. The rest of the service was mediocre and I would never go back. The food was decent.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2014We were able to get reservations on a Saturday night. We actually made them for 7:00 but there was no problem when we asked to switch to 7:30. The setting was extremely comfortable and a bit away from the busy bar area so we were able to enjoy conversation. We started with the Nacho appetizer which was delicious and plentiful. Two of us order the pork taco and two order the lobster roll. Both dishes were well prepared as well as having a nice presentation. The tacos were filled and very tasty. The lobster rolls were also full and had just enough mayo so you could really taste the lobster. The prices were good, especially for a hotel restaurant. We all enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible atmospherecurlyrocksDined on 6/27/2014We felt like we were in a hotel and it is in a hotel. Very bland and boring atmosphere. The menu is not very interesting either.
- TamoMortonsVIPDined on 6/27/2014Tamo offers decent gluten free choices with an interesting Thai twist on Shrimp Scampi. The flavor was delicious and unique. The wait staff was attentive, knowledgeable and ensured we had a safe gluten free delivery. The outdoor seating is a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the visitBluesTraveler76Dined on 6/27/2014It was a pleasant meal overall. Menu was diverse and interesting. Dishes were well prepares and presented. One downside. Drinks were quite pricey. We had 4 drinks in total (2 red Samgrias and 2 Blueberry Lemonades) and at $12 a piece was as expensive as the meals.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise at the waterfrontOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/26/2014The selection of Tamo was completely one of convenience. We were scheduled for a Harbor Cruise that was docked right across the street and were looking for a quick bite nearby. Since Aura was closed for lunch, we selected Tamo. What a nice surprise when we found that the menu was interesting and varied. Our food selections and cocktails were notable! Responsive and friendly service especially considering that we sat down at 3:30. Not exactly peak dining/service time! Very nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy splurgeSweetoothDined on 6/25/2014My friend and I came in since I had a gift certificate to use... the atmosphere is quaint and relaxing. Our waitor was very attentive and gave us great recommendations. The prices are a bit on the higher side than I would typically spend but I love the outdoor terrace and the view of the water. I would definitely recommend it for a special date night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday celebrationMarthaVIPDined on 6/19/2014It was my Birthday today so they sent 2 glasses of prosecco to me and my friend and at the end of the meal they presented a delicious chocolate cake w/the beautiful Happy Birthday writing on the dish. Thanks Rohit Khanna, Edwin and hostess for all your attention.Special Features:
- Average at best...LOUD!PtownfredDined on 6/13/2014Food was average at best. Genegic. The food came out way too fast. Wasn't quite sure if the menu contained entrees or just appetizers. Had requested a table with a water view and was seated inside by the lobby next to a high traffic interior corridor. Very LOUD. Service was slow but good.Special Features:
- vicki galinskyvickiDined on 6/12/2014service was terrible food was not that good - lobster roll was average - nothing special sushi was ok - nothing great either for the prices you charge not worth it worse was when I got the bill for $160 and the TIP was already included which was WAY TOO MUCH. The bill was $123 wtf did he give himself a 40% tip? I should have said something but was in a hurry to get out of there. Would not recommend this - the atmosphere was the only good thingSpecial Features:
- A DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2014Thinking that reviews by OpenTables were reliable, I made the mistake of inviting an out of town friend to meet me at Tamo. While ambiance and service were lovely the main event . . . food was just passable. They had Pho noodle soup on the menu and it was nothing like authentic Pho noodle soup. My friend was very disappointed. I had the fried Calamari dish, which arrived rather stuck together. All in all not a place for foodies like us.
- Bad, Bad, Bad!BostonphotobillVIPDined on 6/3/2014This was the worst meal we have had in years. Overpriced even for hotel food. There are many better options in the Seaport.
- Good food & service. Ok ambienceBerkerycVIPDined on 5/31/2014Looked at the menu on OpenTable & it looked cool - didn't realize it was in the hotel, & it kinda felt like a mediocre hotel restaurant. but the food itself was really pretty good.
- PAF234VIPDined on 5/31/2014Although the food was very good, this is more a hotel bar with tables vs. a restaurant. Half of their tables are in a shared space with the lobby which means if you want a table inside as we did, be prepared to wait for one of the very few tables inside.Special Features:
- In Seaport HotelTomLindaDined on 5/30/2014We ate here twice during our wonderful stay at the Seaport. It was so nice to be able to charge the meals to the room! One night we sat in the bar; the next night in the dining area. Service was great and so was the food. Service was a bit slow on Friday night; but, understandably so as it was packed in there! Very popular with age 30 and up, it seemed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No atmosphereWaldo196VIPDined on 5/11/2014This place was really corporate. We may have picked the wrong time to go (Sunday evening) at 7pm but the restaurant was empty. The service was fine as was the food. Maybe a good place to take clients to lunch but would not go back for a fun dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014We went for our anniversary. While the ambience isn't great (it is loud), we had great service (waitresses first day and she was awesome) and our food was really good--we had all Thai or Asian style food--calamari, Thai noodles and dumplings. They even brought out some chocolate covered berries with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the plate--that was a really nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent business dinnerDinnerTalkDined on 4/24/2014The relatively quiet lounge environment is great for a business dinner. The acoustics are good. However, the servers were not particularly attentive and the food was mediocre at best. However, if i have to choose between great food in a noisy location and Tamo, for business dinner where conversation is the key, the choise is Tamo.Special Features:
- Service is terrible, Food just OKJcbooreDined on 4/23/2014My wife and I decided to try Tamo because it had gotten good reviews and it was right around the corner from our hotel. We ordered a cocktail and an appetizer to begin. When these were delivered we ordered one of their sushi rolls. Forty minutes later we flagged down our waitress (she never checked in with us during this time) and asked about our sushi roll. It was another 15 minutes before the roll was delivered. The grilled eel on top was very good, but the roll itself was rather tasteless. We had the same experience of slow service another night when my company scheduled a group dinner. There are too many other excellent choices in the city, including the wonderful M.C. Spiedo at the Renaissance Hotel right around the corner.