5820 N Classen Blvd #1
Oklahoma City, OK 73118Neighborhood:
VeganPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tamazulokc.com/
- Phone: 4058794248x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Vegetarian, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Chris Rayman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have small and intimate room for private dining groups.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Davis 4058794248x
A word from Tamazul
Our cuisine emphasizes plant-based Mexican cuisine along with artisanal cocktails, all inspired by modernist technique and vibrant, seasonal ingredients. We believe that healthy cooking and great food go hand in hand. Our food and beverage menus are designed to deliver maximum flavor along with bold and colorful presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Tamazul - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
Tamazul reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)special occasion (17)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (11)romantic (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Top notch vegan.JustMeMrVeganDined on 9/12/2014This place is for the vegan in all of us. Picky vegans will love this food. Meat eaters will love this food. Full of flavor and nutrition. I recommend sharing multiple dishes family style. Don't just try one dish, there are too many to love. Oh, and get the cucumber mint margarita, it's light and refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind in OKCHappyGirlDined on 9/11/2014Great contemporary, yet warm atmosphere. Food was fresh and extremely delicious. Unlike any other restaurant in the area and I will definitely be a regular! Margarita was incredible too!Special Features:
- Excellent All Vegan RestaurantJasonDined on 9/5/2014The wife and I visited here for the first time this past Friday and were blown away with the service and the healthy flavorful vegan food. We had the nachos (share plate / appetizer), tamales, enchiladas, mango cheesecake, and a couple margaritas and all were excellent. We will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:
- The ideal place for vegetarianFAROUKDined on 9/3/2014If you are vegetarian/gluten free person it is the place to go. The food is excellent. Everything is fresh you will forget that you are Oklahoma City. If you are a carnivore it is not your place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed dining at Tamazul very much! The food was interesting and very tasty. The service was excellent. However, I personally thought it was a little pricey, especially the cocktails. I would recommend Tamazul to friends but for me it is a "special occasion" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tasty ExperiencejannyDined on 8/29/2014There were 3 of us dining together. We ordered three different drinks, the bloody orange margarita, the cucumber/mint margarita, and the hibiscus mojito...all were delicious. We had the salsa and chips, the jicama rolls, the fajitas and the chili rellenos. Everything was very good, fresh, and nicely plated. A little pricey, but nice for a special meal or to try something different. Definitely not your regular Mexican fare. Service was very good.Special Features:
- StrangeMmmgoodDined on 8/29/2014The first time we ate here we loved it. Second time it was terrible. Simply the worst food we ever had. Strange vegan...stuff. Tiny portions with a high price. It's a pretty room and our waitress was nice but the food was bizarre. I like heathy food and am fine with vegan but very expensive, tiny potions and not eatable. You think the waitress might notice we didn't eat the food after tasting it. I guess it happens a lot here. To be fair, if you like trying things that are really different this might be your place.
- FantasticWorleyBirdDined on 8/23/2014Everything was great (as always). The food, the service, the ambiance. Hands down one of my favorite places in OKC.Special Features:
- Nice patio/good bar/veganBrokebrokerDined on 8/16/2014I'm a very carnivorous person, this restaurant offers no meat and dairy I guess? They have great service and a neat atmosphere, but the menu is not cheap and they are limited by their vegan label. However, I was surprised how good the quesadillas with "not cheese" cheese were, and the guacamole was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!SHOKCDined on 8/7/2014We went for dinner on Thursday and were so impressed we went back for lunch the next day! My daughter is a vegertarian and was visiting from Boston, she new about the chef and the restaurant and wanted to check it out. We both thought it was amazing! I'm not a vegertarian/vegan and enjoyed everything we had. The Chili Relleno and the Masa cakes were wonderful, and the mango cheesecake was fabulous. The service was exceptional and the atmosphere was very inviting. Will be a frequent customer!Special Features:
- spectacular everything.vegannnDined on 8/3/2014Everything from the service down to the micro-greens, this restaurant hit it on the nail. Now if only more people knew the truth behind what they are eating, and if more people would try vegan for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like meat? This is not your placeeatmeatDined on 7/21/2014The food is fine, nothing struck me as fantastic. It was all very creative and the presentation was very well done. It just seemed like the focus was on wowing me with the presentation and the food was a niche. Not a place I'll go back to. Nothing against the restaurant. Just not my kind of place.Special Features:
- ReviewMboreckyDined on 7/18/2014First time and already planning to go back! Made reservation but they couldn't find it, made us feel awkward, esp since there was only 4 other ppl dining, but waitstaff made up for it and we had a great time w great recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan delight!pendski2Dined on 7/11/2014Truly outstanding. Creative and fresh interpretation of Mexican cuisine. Our three dishes were all excellent. This restaurant is a must for vegans, but also delighted the palate of my omnivore brother. Found it on a visit to OKC from the east coast. Would almost be worth moving here to be near Tamazul!Special Features:
- I Always enjoy Tamazul!kmartin7VIPDined on 7/9/2014Yes, it's vegan. But the chefs do a fantastic job with taste. My favorite is the Kale & Quinoa. My wife usually gets the burrito. The staff is always VERY friendly AND helpful. I am very much a carnivore, but my wife is vegetarian (not vegan though), so this is one of her favorite places to eat. It's mine, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of FoodDobberDined on 7/8/2014If your going to go, go early, we went for dinner (7:30). My Spouse and I ordered, the waitress came back and said I'm sorry we are out of that, so we ordered again, about 2 minutes later the waitress came back I'm am so sorry we are out of that as well, and then to make the whole thing funny we ordered again - yet a third time - we are out of that too...when we finally agreed to what they had left the food was good, but ended up eating something we didn't really want.
- Excellent place for a family dinnerSamboDined on 7/3/2014Very tasty and healthy vegetarian/vegan food. I was quite surprised at the quality and taste as I am not vegan. The smoothies were exceptional as were all the dishes and desserts. Our entire family went away wanting to return soon.Special Features:
- Great date spot!JimmyDined on 6/21/2014I took my date here for our second date, and it was a great choice, especially because she's a vegetarian. Even though I'm not one, the food was better than I expected. We started with the Salsa Trio, and two types of lemonades. Later, I ordered the Enchilada, and she had the Empanadas. But, because her food was overcooked, the manager comped her meal and brought is a fresh appetizer while we waited for her new food (and, of course, I shared my food with her). We sat outside, and the outdoor atmosphere was great for conversation. In fact, we talked until the restaurant closed, but the staff didn't rush us out. I would recommend to all of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.BengineDined on 6/21/2014My wife is vegan, but I am your more average meat and potatoes kind of guy and I absolutely loved everything from the appetizer to desert. Service was great and the chef was willing to modify a dish for me. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like No Other!Eat2LiveVIPDined on 6/16/2014No where in OKC will you find healthy, nutrient rich, delicious food like Tamazul. I have dined here dozens of times and with dozens of carnivores who absolutely loved the healthy concept. Tacos, burritos, enchiladas and even fajitas packed with protein and nutrients that are like no other. Cocktails with fresh squeezed juices, no nasty canned mixes here. Do yourself a favor, "Eat like you give a Damn" and try plant based goodness at Tamazul. I assure you it's delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work in progress, improving.RickDined on 5/30/2014Had a great vegan meal except the portion of the beet salad did not command the price charged. Service is getting better, beer selection could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Everything was very fresh and flavorful. Would have liked slightly larger portions, but overall a great experience. Will be back!Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Tamazul reviews archive.
- Great for special dinnersWSDKDined on 5/17/2014My Mom was visiting. She likes to go to different places to eat. I'm vegan so this is the first place I thought of. She's not vegan but she loved it. The service couldn't be any better. The waiter is very knowledgeable of the menu and drinks. The manager/owner (not sure) made sure we were satisfied. Food is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedVeggirlsDined on 5/11/2014Food was so yummy. Small portions though. We went for my daughters 16th birthday on Mother's Day. Limited menu and they were out of 1/2 the items listed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Supercurl84Dined on 5/11/2014Great find for vegans and vegetarians! Even my non-vegan husband enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This carnivore digs Vegan!kmartin7VIPDined on 5/7/2014My wife and I either dine in or take out Tamazul every Wednesday. The food is very tasty and obviously healthy. I never thought I'd ever like Kale, but my favorite dish is the Kale and Quinoa dish. Once you mix up the "Cashew Cheese" and sauce on the bottom, it has an amazing flavor once it is all mixed up. I do venture outside my comfort zone and try the other dishes - all of which have been at least very good if not great.Special Features:
- AfterwardsLuv2eathealthyDined on 5/4/2014I was feeling more energetic after our brunch. Also, the staff was knowledgeable with the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great great great!NickletDined on 4/25/2014Everything we ordered, from our drinks to each course, was amazing! It was quite a unique and delicious experience! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good healthy food!jhokcDined on 4/24/2014The food was really good and seemed really healthy. The guacamole appetizer was great. We ate outside; the chairs and tables were not sturdy at all. The outdoor atmosphere was great though. I wish they served ice with their water. The hibiscus lemonade was delicious, which had ice. I would return. It was great overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than imagined!CarnivoreluvsTamazulDined on 4/22/2014The service, the food, the drinks, the everything was wonderfully unexpected! I am not vegan, but I love trying new food, and Tamazul's is outstanding. I will be back, and I will be telling everyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureElaineDined on 4/19/2014I love Tamazul. The menu is always changing up and it is great for Brunch, Lunch, Late afternoon, Dinner. And they have new items on their menu that are amazing. My new favorite is the Black Bean Queso. And I always love their Pazole. And the hand crafted drinks are amazing, alcoholic, juices and smoothies. I know with all my allergies to Dairy, Gluten and Eggs that I can be sure that all my meals are free of those allergens and I can eat delicious and amazing food with out worry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!TamazulDined on 4/17/2014Loved the atmosphere! Very high end feel, yet friendly. Staff was knowledgable and helpful without hovering. Food was outstanding as was my margarita. Will be returning. Wish you were in Edmond Id be there several times a week = )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food even for meat loverskmartin7VIPDined on 4/4/2014My wife is a vegetarian (not vegan though), so I cater to that often. This is the third time we've been there, and everything we've had has been very tasty. This is the second time in a row that I got the Kale/Quinoa dish. I never though I'd like Kale, but it is a very tasty dish, especially when it is all mixed up. I have never missed meat each time we've gone. For a healthy alternative, I recommend to any foodie.Special Features:
- Foodie Surprise in OKCOceanOkieDined on 3/26/2014I'd seen reviews and expected awesome flavors, but big surprise was the imaginative, eclectic original flavors and plating of this delicious vegan food. True, it leans to Mexican influence (which I like), but it was definitely beyond any specific culture or region for the overall sensual experience. The Enchilada was incredible. Mole atop and flavors inside divine! The hikama/spinach/coconut "bacon" salad was an exceptional. The guacamole… YUM! Something a little more special than just lime or lemon. Couldn't figure it out. Delicious. The staff were warm & friendly from the moment I walked in and infinitely patient with the laggers who eventually filled our table of 5. Cool drinks, both alcohol and non-alcohol. A cheesecake to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, even for a carnivorekmartin7VIPDined on 3/26/2014This is the 2nd time I have been to Tamazul since they moved to a 100% plant-based menu (vegan). My wife is a vegetarian (vegetarian can eat vegan but vegan can't eat all vegetarian), so she enjoys a menu where she can get anything on the menu. Myself, and self-described super-carnivore, can find very tasty and filling dishes as well. This time I got the Quinoa/Kale dish (trying to impress the wife w/ healthy eating) and I must say it was close to outstanding. Once I moved up the dish with the sauces o. The bottom, I really enjoyed the dish. We shared the Napa Slaw (with cocoa nibs!) as an salad to go with our meal. They do have vegan wine, but I haven't been impressed with what I've had so far in terms of wine. But we enjoyed our time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighted!TerryOKCDined on 3/23/2014Delicious plant-based (vegan) take on Mexican (do not think Tex-Mex) cuisine. Used my Keep It Local card for a 10% discount. Relaxed atmosphere with attentive service and management. Already savoring the thought of my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Just Overall AwesomeBCVeggieDined on 3/8/2014I just recently moved back from San Diego, Ca to Oklahoma and was missing my vegan/vegetarian restaurants. I came across the gem, the food is amazing and the staff is very friendly. It is in the Classen Curve so it is a very nice location and the ambiance is very well done. Not all vegan food is created equal and I have had my share, the Chef did a great job with the textures and flavors. I was also very surprised that it was not overly expensive, as I am used to paying around $60 for a meal at a place like this and with a appetizer and 2 entrees it was under $40. Even if you are not vegan or vegetarian I think you will enjoy the experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impress Your Vegan DateRobertDined on 3/7/2014Vegans: You may be taken aback by the opportunity to order ANYTHING on the menu. You'll love this entirely vegan restaurant. Meat Eaters: Don't be scared of trying Tamazul. I'm not even a vegetarian, but I LOVED their burritos and nachos. Price: One appetizer, two drinks, two entrees, and one dessert added up to $80 plus the tip. It's definitely not a place I could afford to eat very often; it's fantastic for special occasions, though. Portion Size: "Healthy", so be prepared to rack up a bill. Food Choices: I can highly recommend their Queso Fundito, Black Bean Nachos, and their Margaritas. They're all better than most other Mexican places. The burritos might strike meat-eaters as a little unusual, but they're still great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I challenge anyone who thinksheidiroDined on 2/24/2014I challenge anyone who thinks vegan and raw-plant cuisine cannot take on Mexican cuisine to give this fantastic restaurant a try. When seasonal vegetables are cooked with this much care and with such fantastic seasonings and spices, meat is never missed. The dishes not only satisfy gastronomically, the beautiful presentation of the dishes satisfies aesthetically as well. Chef Chris Rayman and the team at Tamazul sincerely cares about educating OKC about the benefits of healthy eating.Special Features:
- Non-Vegan in a Plant based worldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2014I'm no vegan, but the food was good as food, not just plant based food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.