Tamarind - Tribeca
99 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
Tamarind - Tribeca
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tamarinde22.com/
- Phone: 2127759000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tamarind - Tribeca
The team from Tamarind, in the Flatiron District, have opened a new restaurant in Tribeca. Tamarind's team of dedicated chef's draw on India's varied regions to take diners on a culinary voyage of the subcontinent. The restaurant's menu includes dishes from Punjab, Hyderabad, Goa, Madras, Lucknow, and Calcutta. India's assertive spices and seasonings distinguish its cooking from all others.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Tamarind - Tribeca - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Tamarind - Tribeca reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (173)special occasion (157)good for groups (109)romantic (108)neighborhood gem (90)great for lunch (68)hot spot (46)notable wine list (41)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (17)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- starfoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2014Our favorite Indian restaurant in New York City. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up - from drinks to dessertHappyKingDined on 9/13/2014The choices are aplenty in all categories. Ambiance surrounding the delectable food and cocktails made for a great evening. Pricey wine list but otherwise an excellent dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great upscale indian foodFood4GuttDined on 9/13/2014I have been longing for my TABLA replacement. I think I found it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014the drinks where very good food was great, we had the special that day chicken with cocnut curry, starter was a litle dry but good.Special Features:
- The best Indian!DgettermanDined on 9/11/2014Great authentic Indian cuisine in a lovely upscale environment.Special Features:
- Still the best Indian in NYChalfitalianguyDined on 9/10/2014Was a great fan of Tamarind's 22nd street place. Cozy, more intimate, quiet. Was a bit apprehensive about the Tribeca location, especially after walking in the door--its huge and very, very noisy. Difficult to carry on an intimate conversation. But it has a great bar, and the service and food are every bit as good, which is to say, excellent. The best lamb chop to be had anywhere at any price. Try the 1947 Beer--especially brewed to accompany Indian fare. I don't think you can go wrong here, just wish it was midtown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business LunchNYDinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014The executive Lunch not only offers a varied selection of delicious starters and main courses but offers great value for money. The service is attentive and the decor is tasteful. I can recommend the lamb dishes - they are outstanding. I am certain to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationLynnDined on 9/9/2014We took my 2 younger son to Tamarind for his 22nd birthday. Food is delicious. Everything we ate was excellent and the service was stellar. We had chicken lajawab, a venison dish, a chicken special in ginger and other spices and chicken korma, a chick pea special for my older son's girlfriend who is a pescatarean and a slew of appetizers including cauliflower, shrimp and chickens . Everything was delicious. I do however object to paying $24 to $32 for a cocktail and this ALWAYS turns me off to a restaurant right away. When my average sized martini comes and I'm paying $32 for a shot of vodka and a sprinkle of juice this is just nonsense and makes me annoyed with the management. I realize most restaurants make their money on booze, but...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely RecommenddiamondeaterDined on 9/9/2014Food was excellent. Had a shrimp appetizer, tandoori chicken, Bryoni Chicken and a few other dishes. Service was promote and the owner of the restaurant was actually walking around greeting customers and making sure the food was good and things were as ordered. Very impressed.Special Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014The very best indian food i've ever tasted,the place and the atenttion really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ok serviceGregoireVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great indian food. can get a little sloopy on the service when its really packed, but super solid food.Special Features:
- Amazingheelsandgloss76VIPDined on 9/6/2014Hands down one of my favorite places in NYC. The food is always amazing.Special Features:
- Indian TreasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Tamarind is always wonderful!! The food is delicious, the service excellent, and a nice happy vibe. Their tandoori chicken and their prawns are so tasty, the chicken tikka masala is yummy, and all of the dishes are prepared perfectly and served to each diner with care. We have been here several times with our family and it is always better than we remember it to be!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No menu neededVixpixVIPDined on 9/1/2014I love spicy food, but am not necessarily up on the names of Indian dishes. Our server, Godfrey, was more than willing to assist. I told him what I wanted, and he directed me perfectly to an outstanding choice that I do not believe was on the menu: prawns vindaloo. My husband had the goat, which was tender and delectable. We ordered steamed basmati rice and bhindi (okra) to accompany our very delightful meal. This was not our first visit to Tamarind, but it was definitely the best. We credit our excellent and affable server for the lovely dining experience. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Lrd1VIPDined on 8/30/20144th time here and it does not disappoint. Came with a large party for a birthday celebration. Food was prompt and delicious. My only quibble was with one VERY pushy waiter who kept trying to get us to order extra food, despite the fact that we are experienced diners who know what we are doing. Still a lovely evening, so will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceuvasaDined on 8/30/2014We had great experience. Food was excellent. One word of caution ⚠ don't order the entire meal together. As soon as appetizers are done, dinner is served immediately, to me it says they are rushing you out? That's why 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasioneilpatDined on 8/30/2014Beautiful restaurant, superb professional service, vibrant neighborhood. Food better than average Indian but not up to standards of other Michelins. Special appetizer was a fried cauliflower that came out so quickly you knew it had been reheated,soggy with overly sweet sauce. Chicken Caldin was the high point well seasoned perfectly cooked. Husband's Special Vegetarian plate ok but nothing memorable. No different than our neighborhood restaurants. They also make great cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best way to spend a romantic dateTamarind12Dined on 8/29/2014The staff was very pleasant.Waite service was impeccable,always available when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Have been there a couple of times now and the food and service is always amazing. Like to take my guests there and they are never disappointed by the indian food.Special Features:
- 27th birthday dinner for my sonRhodroDined on 8/25/2014Having lived in Tribeca since 1978, Tamarind was a welcome addition. I was sorry I waited so long to have dinner at a restaurant around the corner from my apartment. Appealing in all regards. Pleasant. Accommodating...Special Features:
- What a wow!BougivalVIPDined on 8/25/2014Having lived in London for 12 years, I always thought that Indian restaurants in the US were pants - not so - this must be the best Indian I've eaten in - Ab Fab!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make yourself at homeEVOLVNGDined on 8/23/2014Avtar makes you feel at home and welcomed. Food is amazing to say the least. Will always go the Tamarind for classic and authentic Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST INDIAN FOOD IN NYC!MamaZDined on 8/22/2014The food is beyond delicious, and it's unlike the standard Indian fare served at most Indian restaurants. The service is extraordinary, the decor is chic and beautiful, the staff is welcoming and friendly, and every bite was more delectable than the next! A perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $25 lunch is worth itsammydayeatsVIPDined on 8/22/2014The lunch pre-fixe is great. By going with a friend, we were able to try almost every lunch entree, and aside from the chewy lamb, all others were great! It was a Michelin Star lunch though. Perhaps the Michelin folks went for a hearty dinner or something.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and servicePleaseddinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014We have been going here for a few years now, and go more than we do any other restaurant in New York. The wonderful food and service bring us back multiple times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian restaurantAnjaberlin158Dined on 8/16/2014Everthing was excellent, Cocktails, Food and Service.. I recommend the Vegetarien Thali.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner delightLastingluvldgDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our 16year wedding anniversary and chose Tamarind Tribecca to celebrate. We loved the experience - the ambiance was nice - and we were seated in a corner nook that was perfectly romantic. We have frequented their uptown restaurant in the past however this was our first time at their tribecca location. The food was delicious and tasty. We got the lamb vindaloo and a great chicken dish. The garlic naan is a must. Great wine list! Too full for dessert, however we were treated to complimentary sorbet which was a delicious surprise. We would recommend this restaurant to all who enjoy Indian cuisine with a modern twist in an upscale setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceAlexDined on 8/16/2014I have been to Tamarind a few times for dinner and lunch and really love it! The food, service and ambience are just wonderful. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Indian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Really excellent Indian food, served in a beautifully modern restaurant setting. The only distraction is the huge construction zone outside, which made it a bit of a challenge to get here by car. But the food was creative (the Indian spiced duck crepe appetizer was outstanding and the cauliflower special was a strange combo of cauliflower in a Indian version of a sweet and sour, but spicy...but it really works and was delicious). Order chutneys and raitas, they really make unique sauces, the tomato green chile raita was new twist on the classic. One note, portion orders were very generous, take-away leftovers, or share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeJeffVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was not as good as last time. Chicken tikka masala, the chicken was tough and dry on insideSpecial Features:
- So good!!!!YummyDined on 8/15/2014This was so good that we wanted to start over and eat a whole new set of food. Loved it. Try everything and you wouldn't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service not so goodYPadVIPDined on 8/15/2014I was the first to arrive in our group. I thought I would just wait outside and I was fine with that, which was pretty much the case in other restaurants. But to my surprise, I was led directly to our table. But when I was just about to sit down, the manager came and mumbled to the waitress, like "How can you put her here..." Yes, it is a huge table (6-8 people) for our group of four. But it was lunch time and not many people were there. Plus, I was at the table. Don't treat me like I didn't exist 'coz I can actually hear you. Anyway, I was then led to the bar and not even a glass was offered till about 10 min later! Meh, definitely need to work on service. Food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service not so muchybo76Dined on 8/13/2014Ate here for lunch as part of NYC Restaurant Week. The menu selection was great and the food very nice. However the service was not great. We were seated promptly, given water and our drink order taken. We then waited 15min to have our order taken. We tried to get the attention of our server (who was chatting to another server nearby) multiple times including speaking to other servers to go and get him. When we finished our meal it was the same thing trying to get the bill. The restaurant was not busy - there were 2 other tables filled when we arrived, 3 when we left. We may try again because the food was delicious, but I wouldn't recommend going if you're on a limited timeframe (ie. a mid-week lunch).
- VERY GOOD INDIAN FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014EVERITHING VERY GOOD, BUT YOU BETTER MAKE A RESERVATIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Everything was lovely. The staff was very pleasant and the food was excellent. Already recommended to quite a few people and will definitely retuen. Thanks so much Tamarind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv to eatOchelDined on 8/9/2014Excellent, as always. Consistently great Indian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDisappointedDined on 8/7/2014By far the best Indian food in NYC. Reasonably priced. Amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tamarindalb52Dined on 8/7/2014An absolutely wonderful dining experience. We were weekly customers at the original 22nd Street address and love TriBeCa every bit as much!Special Features:
- Best Indian foodExcellentDined on 8/7/2014Tamarind is unlike all other Indian restaurants we have eaten at. The food is excellent as is the service. It has a unique menu offering many choices without being overwhelming. The restaurant week menu was terrific though it didn't have tandori salmon which we have previously tried and was outstanding. The restaurant itself is quite nice. We are sorry Tamarind left the Gramercy neighborhood as Tribeca is a bit more inconvenient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/6/2014We recently had dinner at Tamarind under enormous time pressures. They did a great job of accomodating us and they made sure that we were well taken care of. There is a great deal of variety with the vegetarian selections, all of which were impeccably prepared and served.Special Features: