Tamarind - Tribeca
99 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
Tamarind - Tribeca
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tamarinde22.com/
- Phone: 2127759000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tamarind - Tribeca
The team from Tamarind, in the Flatiron District, have opened a new restaurant in Tribeca. Tamarind's team of dedicated chef's draw on India's varied regions to take diners on a culinary voyage of the subcontinent. The restaurant's menu includes dishes from Punjab, Hyderabad, Goa, Madras, Lucknow, and Calcutta. India's assertive spices and seasonings distinguish its cooking from all others.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Tamarind - Tribeca - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Tamarind - Tribeca reviews from OpenTable diners
281 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (151)special occasion (150)romantic (106)good for groups (103)neighborhood gem (78)great for lunch (67)hot spot (39)notable wine list (36)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- Very good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Have been there a couple of times now and the food and service is always amazing. Like to take my guests there and they are never disappointed by the indian food.Special Features:
- 27th birthday dinner for my sonRhodroDined on 8/25/2014Having lived in Tribeca since 1978, Tamarind was a welcome addition. I was sorry I waited so long to have dinner at a restaurant around the corner from my apartment. Appealing in all regards. Pleasant. Accommodating...Special Features:
- What a wow!BougivalVIPDined on 8/25/2014Having lived in London for 12 years, I always thought that Indian restaurants in the US were pants - not so - this must be the best Indian I've eaten in - Ab Fab!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make yourself at homeEVOLVNGDined on 8/23/2014Avtar makes you feel at home and welcomed. Food is amazing to say the least. Will always go the Tamarind for classic and authentic Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST INDIAN FOOD IN NYC!MamaZDined on 8/22/2014The food is beyond delicious, and it's unlike the standard Indian fare served at most Indian restaurants. The service is extraordinary, the decor is chic and beautiful, the staff is welcoming and friendly, and every bite was more delectable than the next! A perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $25 lunch is worth itsammydayeatsVIPDined on 8/22/2014The lunch pre-fixe is great. By going with a friend, we were able to try almost every lunch entree, and aside from the chewy lamb, all others were great! It was a Michelin Star lunch though. Perhaps the Michelin folks went for a hearty dinner or something.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and servicePleaseddinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014We have been going here for a few years now, and go more than we do any other restaurant in New York. The wonderful food and service bring us back multiple times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian restaurantAnjaberlin158Dined on 8/16/2014Everthing was excellent, Cocktails, Food and Service.. I recommend the Vegetarien Thali.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner delightLastingluvldgDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our 16year wedding anniversary and chose Tamarind Tribecca to celebrate. We loved the experience - the ambiance was nice - and we were seated in a corner nook that was perfectly romantic. We have frequented their uptown restaurant in the past however this was our first time at their tribecca location. The food was delicious and tasty. We got the lamb vindaloo and a great chicken dish. The garlic naan is a must. Great wine list! Too full for dessert, however we were treated to complimentary sorbet which was a delicious surprise. We would recommend this restaurant to all who enjoy Indian cuisine with a modern twist in an upscale setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceAlexDined on 8/16/2014I have been to Tamarind a few times for dinner and lunch and really love it! The food, service and ambience are just wonderful. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Indian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Really excellent Indian food, served in a beautifully modern restaurant setting. The only distraction is the huge construction zone outside, which made it a bit of a challenge to get here by car. But the food was creative (the Indian spiced duck crepe appetizer was outstanding and the cauliflower special was a strange combo of cauliflower in a Indian version of a sweet and sour, but spicy...but it really works and was delicious). Order chutneys and raitas, they really make unique sauces, the tomato green chile raita was new twist on the classic. One note, portion orders were very generous, take-away leftovers, or share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeJeffVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was not as good as last time. Chicken tikka masala, the chicken was tough and dry on insideSpecial Features:
- So good!!!!YummyDined on 8/15/2014This was so good that we wanted to start over and eat a whole new set of food. Loved it. Try everything and you wouldn't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service not so muchybo76Dined on 8/13/2014Ate here for lunch as part of NYC Restaurant Week. The menu selection was great and the food very nice. However the service was not great. We were seated promptly, given water and our drink order taken. We then waited 15min to have our order taken. We tried to get the attention of our server (who was chatting to another server nearby) multiple times including speaking to other servers to go and get him. When we finished our meal it was the same thing trying to get the bill. The restaurant was not busy - there were 2 other tables filled when we arrived, 3 when we left. We may try again because the food was delicious, but I wouldn't recommend going if you're on a limited timeframe (ie. a mid-week lunch).
- VERY GOOD INDIAN FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014EVERITHING VERY GOOD, BUT YOU BETTER MAKE A RESERVATIONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Everything was lovely. The staff was very pleasant and the food was excellent. Already recommended to quite a few people and will definitely retuen. Thanks so much Tamarind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv to eatOchelDined on 8/9/2014Excellent, as always. Consistently great Indian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDisappointedDined on 8/7/2014By far the best Indian food in NYC. Reasonably priced. Amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tamarindalb52Dined on 8/7/2014An absolutely wonderful dining experience. We were weekly customers at the original 22nd Street address and love TriBeCa every bit as much!Special Features:
- Best Indian foodExcellentDined on 8/7/2014Tamarind is unlike all other Indian restaurants we have eaten at. The food is excellent as is the service. It has a unique menu offering many choices without being overwhelming. The restaurant week menu was terrific though it didn't have tandori salmon which we have previously tried and was outstanding. The restaurant itself is quite nice. We are sorry Tamarind left the Gramercy neighborhood as Tribeca is a bit more inconvenient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/6/2014We recently had dinner at Tamarind under enormous time pressures. They did a great job of accomodating us and they made sure that we were well taken care of. There is a great deal of variety with the vegetarian selections, all of which were impeccably prepared and served.Special Features:
- Great food!FoodieDined on 8/5/2014One of the best Indian places in town - the food and ambience are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffRajADined on 8/2/2014Food was all very good. The Tandoori items were exceptional (we ordered the tandoori mixed grill) very tender and had a nice tandoori flavor. Naan was fresh and fluffy. Chaat and Somosa's were good. Eggplant dish was good but not as flavorful as would have liked - had to add some red pepper to perk it up a bit - but it was unique. Rating took a bit of hit because we were put by the kitchen and the hustle and bustle of people coming in and out was annoying. Also the servers were very busy managing too many tables and we had to keep looking for help. Don't recall the server asking how we were enjoying our food, etc. Would be great if mgmt could fine tune that again as they have moved to a larger space from their original location.Special Features:
- EffieEffieVIPDined on 8/2/2014The best Indian restaurant I have ever been!!! Recommended by my Indian friends as best in North AmericaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astonishing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Outstanding service. Good food can only be enjoyed when its accompanied by great service. Tamarind is an example of such combination. We never felt that something was missing on our table. Our every request was taken care very professionally. The flair in the service made our evening so much special. Thank you team Tamarind.Special Features:
- Refined Yet Authentic Indian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Tamarind Tribeca offers the service, atmosphere, and refined menu of a Michelin-starred restaurant while maintaining all of its authentic Indian dishes and flavors. We found that their new spins on Northern Indian felt like they could have come right out of a kitchen in the country and their delicious dishes reminded us of our own time spent in India. Truly tasty, and considering the service and portions, a true bargain for a NYC restaurant with such an incredible reputation. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- pleasant experienceSemifoodie08Dined on 8/1/2014The restaurant was great and service was excellent. Food was amazing but had lunch. Can't wait for the dinner experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hospitality at its bestriversailDined on 7/31/2014I know that we often say the service was terrific, but Tamarind makes you feel as if you are a guest in their home. Attending to the special needs being sure at each step you are at your best made this a top choice on my list. I have been here often before and the food is amazing, but now I am a fan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantNewlywedDinerDined on 7/29/2014The food, service, and ambience were all incredible. We came for restaurant week lunch and the choices and portions were more than generous. We will definitely come back for dinner one night soon. Best Indian food we have had yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great treat all aroundPumpkin10044Dined on 7/28/2014Our Restaurant Week lunch here was a delight from the moment we were effusively greeted by the proprietor to the attentive service by the large well trained staff. Each of our dishes was notable for their savory sauces and excellent flavor. Even the desserts on the limited bargain menu were special. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is it Worth It?FundguyVIPDined on 7/27/2014The answer is yes, if you want a pampered evening in a stylish setting that is not typical of Indian food joints in NYC. The food is quite good, but at least for what we sampled, not noticeably above other good resto's with similar offerings. (The marinated lamb was delicious.) In other words, if you care about value, look elsewhere. Come here to impress someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian at its bestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014I love Indian dishes. If you have never had its delicacies, this is an excellent restaurant to try. Our German waiter was quite knowledgeable about the quisinne. This is important as Indian food can vary widely.Special Features:
- great restuaranttravelinpairsDined on 7/27/2014I came here for a lunch for restaurant week. The service was amazing. When we couldn't reach a server another one showed up and took our extra order. The food was great. Very well seasoned and worth the price. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantChloeDined on 7/27/2014I have never been so enjoy in a Restaurant week, the food it's amazing！！！Although not a restaurant week, I would still go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointedzxctDined on 7/27/2014I went on a restaurant week day and have to say may be the food is just good enough for the price. Not as I expected.
- Just about perfectjartopanDined on 7/25/2014We had the Chicken Tikka Masala and Lobster Masala dishes with garlic naan and basmati rice. The chicken was a little over done and dry, but the sauce it was in was perfect. Everything else was sublime, including the fine wine list. Will definitely be back here.Special Features:
- Wonderful placeinnaVIPDined on 7/25/2014It was my birthday and they made it very special! The food and service were outstanding! Thank youSpecial Features:
- So DeliciousSwimPrincessDined on 7/25/2014Four of us treated ourselves to a nice lunch away from the office. It was like visiting an oasis in the middle of the day. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was very beautiful and quiet. We all enjoyed it.Special Features:
- amazing servicePresidentialDined on 7/24/2014Jesse was our waiter... He was polite and very considerate to our needs...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and staff.DanicottonDined on 7/24/2014Great food, the owner came to offer me a complimentary desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.