Tamarind - Tribeca
99 Hudson Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
Tamarind - Tribeca
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tamarinde22.com/
- Phone: 2127759000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tamarind - Tribeca
The team from Tamarind, in the Flatiron District, have opened a new restaurant in Tribeca. Tamarind's team of dedicated chef's draw on India's varied regions to take diners on a culinary voyage of the subcontinent. The restaurant's menu includes dishes from Punjab, Hyderabad, Goa, Madras, Lucknow, and Calcutta. India's assertive spices and seasonings distinguish its cooking from all others.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Tamarind - Tribeca - Best Restaurants in TriBeCa - Downtown ›
Tamarind - Tribeca reviews from OpenTable diners
294 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (177)special occasion (160)good for groups (112)romantic (110)neighborhood gem (94)great for lunch (60)hot spot (52)notable wine list (37)vibrant bar scene (25)great for brunch (16)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- AH-MAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/28/2014I went with my brother and sister for dinner to celebrate our birthdays. My sister is an amazingly picky eater and she ate and virtually licked her plate. To say she was pleased, is an understatement. The service was impecable. I will be returningSpecial Features:
- Good social place mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014Very pretty restaurant and friendly attentive staff. Food is the weak link here because the dishes are marginally better than 6th street despite high prices. Sea bass had an ammonia aftertaste which ruined the whole experience. Go with a group, get basic dishes and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/28/2014Service is sublime. Could teach many other restaurants how to do it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014The food is always amazing! Our family loves this restaurant.Special Features:
- birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We went for my boyfriend's birthday dinner and it was perfect--one of our friends showed up with two extra guests and the staff were very accommodating. The food was incredible--highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the top Indian places in NYCLewisVIPDined on 10/25/2014Very diverse menu that does a great job of mixing the spices just right to not over power you, but also gives you enough punch to ignite your taste bud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & servicerbbmDined on 10/25/2014We had lunch on Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014. There were 4 of us (including 2 from out-of town) so we opted for 2 executive lunches and several a la carte items. The food was outstanding including even the tea and the rice. Some of the highlights are lamb, chicken, halibut, and a mushroom dish. We will be back soon!Special Features:
- love tamarindnyerforlifeDined on 10/24/2014tamarind never fails to please. the food is wonderful, and the cocktails delightful.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnertrepsverterVIPDined on 10/23/2014We love Tamarind. Every aspect of the dining experience is perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014I went for a birthday dinner with a friend and his wife. GREAT food. Reasonable value for money. Good wine list. The only thing to improve was that our server was friendly and tried, but did not have sufficient knowledge of the wine list and the dishes.Special Features:
- Always a Great Dining ExperienceVickiVIPDined on 10/18/2014We love going to Tamarind for the good and ambience whether it's just a Regular dinner or celebrating a special occasion. The food is well made and very tasty and authentic. I had the duck appetizer recently and it was delicious as was the lobster masala and dal. My husband keeps it dry but tasty with the lamb boti. The drinks are great too! I request a vodka mint lemonade with no sugar and it's delicious. Can't wait for my next dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingflafoodieDined on 10/18/2014My daughter and I go to New York a couple of times a year to enjoy eating out and going to shows. We both love Indian cuisine so I researched on-line to find the BEST Indian cuisine in Manhattan. Even though we had to take an expensive cab ride to get there, I was certain it would be worth every penny. The restaurant is beautiful and the wait staff were attentive. We ordered two vegetarian appetizers and shared the RAJI’S VEGETARIAN THALI. Everything was perfectly fine until I took a bite of something on the thali platter. It was like eating a teaspoon of pure salt. Horrible. Overall, was not impressed and will not go back.
- Get the lamb chopsDealguyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Lamb chops and the cauliflower special (I think it was Gobi Manchurian) were fantastic. Absolutely superlative. The rest (e.g., a chicken curry, samosas, Nizami Keema) was good but not distinguished. Service was very good.
- ALWAYS A TREAT !!kentVIPDined on 10/16/2014we always enjoy a perfect Indian meal at Tamarind, our neighborhood favorite !! Great prefix lunch menu too ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backMikeandBarbDined on 10/14/2014We Google'd "best Indian food in NYC" and found our new favourite place. The server was as good as the food. We asked for his appetizer recommendation and he suggested the cauliflower - something we never would have ordered, but it was simply outstanding - so many flavours and spices. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy TamarindleniVIPDined on 10/12/2014What wonderful flavors! We enjoyed every bite and were so sorry when we were full. The menu is extensive and the servers/wait staff very knowledgeable concerning ingredients, flavors, degrees of heat and such. I had a shrimp dish and my husband had lamb - both exceptional. The appetizers were equally excellent. We had expected a restaurant with an Indian décor. It is not, but it is very tasteful and elegant with wood tones and soft lighting. The wine selection was excellent and the prices most reasonable. Give it a try - I think you will enjoy.Special Features:
- Great Place for a CelebrationBaseballmomDined on 10/12/2014Our daughter turned 10 this weekend and we let her choose any neighborhood place for her dinner celebration. She chose Tamarind since it is her favorite. As always, the food was terrific and the service was good. The atmosphere is both low-key and festive-- a great combination for any celebration. Our kids love the duck Spring roll, Chicken tikka masala, and "poofy bread," and we do, too. Would have been nice if the waiter recognized her birthday with a candle in her desert, but he was pretty clueless. Most of the waiters are more personable, although he did his job pretty well.Special Features:
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is open, spacious and fresh--very appealing. Our three appetizers were specials for the day--cauliflower, prawns and lamb--and were excellent. The entrees were mixed. I enjoyed a special tandoor chicken. Another guest loved the lamb curry. The lamb kebab was dry and not great, however. Half the desserts were very good. I had a special pastry and ice cream that was not good. The pastry was very dry and the whole thing seemed like it had been made early in the day and stuck in the freezer. I will return and will recommend Tamarind to friends. But I will be careful to inquire more about what we are ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdaM25Dined on 10/11/2014Best indian food in NY. Really like the scallops and jumpo shrips for starters, and Tikka Masala chicken of main course. Garlic nan is so good here
- Great placegracedelagDined on 10/11/2014Food was the best indian food I have ever had in NYC. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandrabadr2VIPDined on 10/11/2014Love coming to Tamarind. I've never been a big Indian food eater but my girlfriend loves it. We've tried going to many other Indian restaurants, none came close to Tamarind. The food is outstanding, and made me a fan of Indian food. I haven't had anything on the menu that I didn't LOVE and DO save room for dessert. Not sure what it's actually called but I refer to it as the carrott dessert, they'll know what you mean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian Restaurant in NYAbhiDined on 10/11/2014The appetizers were delicious, the goat curry was excellent and the biryani was heavenly. No doubt this is a Michelin rated restaurant. I would love to come here again.Special Features:
- Awesome Awesome!!!SephardicDined on 10/7/2014Well great Indian Food in NYC classy and refined from the appetizer to the main down to the dessert (real classy) I give it 5 stars not cheap but well worth it - Indian cooking from all regions of IndiaSpecial Features:
- Never DisappointingnycdinerDined on 10/5/2014Our family chooses Tamarind for special occasions and it is one of our go-to spots for bringing out-of-town visitors who enjoy Indian Cuisine. Depending on where you sit, the noise level can make conversation difficult when the restaurant is crowded. The atmosphere is very conducive to fine dining, the staff has always been very pleasant in ensuring our experience is enjoyable and accommodating special requests. I would not hesitate to recommend Tamarind to anyone looking for an upscale, enjoyable dining experience in NYC.Special Features:
- FabulouslazzaroVIPDined on 10/4/2014If you want to experience high end Indian food you cannot go wrong with Tamarind. Every dish has top ingredients and is prepared in a unique, yet traditional fashion. The staff is courteous and attentive, and the ambiance is elegant yet not overly formal.Special Features:
- wardDined on 10/3/2014Very good Even after waiting a half hour for the tableSpecial Features:
- floor manager issues; l foodMichaelVIPDined on 10/3/2014With the closure of the original site in Grammercy, the home of Tamarind has shifted to its classy, glitzier Tribeca site. But an interesting development has occurred: the site has several (at least three) parts, on two levels. Our sense is that the usually impeccably run wait-staff needs a few more floor managers because the service was out-of kilter (both in obtaining an appropriate table and in getting proper service). Things were seriously off this night. The owner/manager was his usual efficient and caring self (he got us our table). But the pinpoint service we have come to expect from this great restaurant was lacking this night. The food and wine were excellent as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchSuzieqDined on 10/2/2014If every restaurant could do everything right like they did at Tamarind. Seated promptly, Impeccable service, fun cocktails, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TamarindJudyDined on 9/29/2014Made a very last minute reservation on Open Table to Tamirind Restaurant in Tribeca. We were graciously greeted and given a prime table. The food and service was excellent! Love this restaurant and love Open Table!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014This place is beautiful. There's great service and amazing food!Special Features:
- Modern Indian foodlovefoodDined on 9/27/2014Great ambiance and service. Very good food. I recommend some of the fine drinks at the bar before diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat !!kentVIPDined on 9/27/2014We live in TriBeCa, and Tamarind is always our "go to" spot for, delicious upscale Indian fare !! Our friends always love it, and out-of-towners are ALWAYS impressed as well ;) The food is stellar, but also the excellent service which is becoming more of a rarity in NYC dining. Tamarind does one thing,wonderful Indian fare, and they do it really well !!Special Features:
- Great meal, great service!AnniesfavsDined on 9/27/2014Tamarind has always been one of our favorites in the city. Tonight we took visitors and they agreed...impeccable service and delicious authentic Indian cuisine!Special Features:
- Great IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/27/2014Best Indian food I've had since the closing of Bombay TalkieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarians' heavenjinnpigVIPDined on 9/26/2014Tamarind is said to be the best Indian food in NYC. And it is! It is not very traditional Indian food, I guess, since it has some flavor that I've never taste in any other Indian restaurants before. The blend of flavor goes so well with each other.Special Features:
- Tamarind's a gem!njdpDined on 9/25/2014Don't be put off by the temporary scaffolding outside. Inside Tamarind's decor is as luscious as the food. The say this is wonderful Indian cuisine doesn't do it justice. The chef takes classic dishes and raises them to a whole new level. There are also many non-traditional offerings, especially in the desserts area. The Passion Fruit Cheesecake was incredible. Service is gracious but unobtrusive. A wonderful experience from start to finish.Special Features:
- Wow-I can't wait to come backIrishMacScottieDined on 9/24/2014While visiting NYC this week we visited Tamarind as we had received a voucher from family who highly recommended it. From our arrival the service was top notch with a great welcome and attention to detail throughout. Our waiter was constantly on hand to top up our drinks and check in on us, without being obtrusive. The menu was amazing both in terms of food and drinks. My appetiser was the best thing I have ever eaten (and I like to eat!) Both of us really enjoyed our courses and even though we felt too full for dessert, a small complimentary dish was served. Tamarind is certainly an upmarket restaurant but you get what you pay for in terms of food and service, and we had a wonderful evening. We will be back next time we visit NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food in nice ambianceMoniqueDined on 9/20/2014This is a lovely place with really good Indian flavors. The service was nice and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JTSKDined on 9/20/2014We were a party of 6 and really enjoyed our dinner. Great table in loft area. Food delicious and service was always attentive and timed well. Highly recommend. Very good for larger parties while space in so open and beautiful. Overall excellent!Special Features:
- ExcellentJaysonDined on 9/20/2014The food and service as expected. Almost the same experience as the Tamarind that was once in Flatiron/Gramercy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.