1197 Peachtree, NE
Atlanta, GA 30361Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tamarindseed.com/
- Phone: 4048734888
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 11am-2.30pm, 5pm-10pm
Friday 11am-2.30pm, 5pm-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Nan Niyomkul
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tamarind Seed
This award winning Thai Cuisine has relocated its former Tamarind establishment of over 10years, into Tamarind Seed located at 14th & Peachtree , Colony Square Mall. Using authentic recipes passed down through the family, this Thai food is presented in rich and truly flavorful gastronomic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tamarind Seed reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (16)great for lunch (15)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (13)romantic (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Wonderful meal, as always...LoriVDined on 9/3/2014Hosted a farewell lunch for a young friend moving to the West Coast, and Tamarind was centrally located to all 4 folks in my party. The food was wonderful, and the service is always impeccable. Noise level was moderate since we ate around 1:00, but can get energetic when the restaurant is full. I've never had a bad meal here, or an unpleasant dining experience. Consistently wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic!EpicProportionsDined on 8/30/2014This place is my favorite Thai restaurant...in America! I took my friend here for the first time and he was blown away...can't stop talking about the calamari and mojitos. So, if they can make non-Thai items so well...just wait until you taste their Thai specialties! The green curry was phenomenal, he says, perfect spiciness and the pineapple fried rice was a perfect addition.Special Features:
- Best Thai food in town!foodsnobDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant always delivers! I enjoy my meal each time and they serve the best thai food in town!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!mauriceDined on 8/20/2014I thoroughly enjoyed dining here! The wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary with a date night here and it did not disappoint. Our waitress was exceptional and the service/food was outstanding. I must visit more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabienDined on 8/19/2014Great food presentation and flavor, attentive service.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dining experience!luv2dineDined on 8/9/2014Seated promptly, attentive waitstaff, delicious food served quickly with a beautiful presentation on every dish. Great selection of entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Excellent favors, very good Thai food with a nice variety to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fairoccasionaldinerDined on 7/10/2014My food was entirely fair (I had the duck salad). I've had much better Southeast Asian food at much more reasonable prices. This is a lunch place for the businesses that surround Colony Square, that's all. Nothing special.Special Features:
- justrightDined on 6/15/2014We chose Tamarind Seed as the venue for the meeting and reconnecting of college friend from the U of I Class of 1965. It was perfect in every way. The food was great and the atmosphere terrific!!!Special Features:
- ThehackDined on 6/7/2014The food and service AND price were great! We had had lunch here before and we were glad to come again. My wife ate everything which is unusual. The presentation of the food was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster ServiceRBinatlVIPDined on 5/29/2014Was recently at dinner at Tamarind. Although the food was really great, service was severely lacking. The staff were quick to take our order and serve food, however there was a large birthday party in the restaurant and the majority of the staff were more focused on cleaning up and separating tables rather than ensuring other guests were being properly served. We waited over 45 minutes after we had completed meal to get our plates cleaned, remainder boxed, and check.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014The Tamarind Seed was amazing! The food was amazing and the waitress was incredibly nice and welcoming. I don't have a single complaint. The price is incredibly reasonable for how great the food was and the atmosphere was outstanding. The lighting and decorations complimented the experience and the location was great. Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience for my 5th year anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 391 reviews are from the Tamarind Seed reviews archive.
- Awful pad Thai - don't go thereJoJoDined on 5/14/20145/14/14 chef is no good at making pad Thai. 4 out of 5 of us ordered pad Thai. Dishes were sticky and no Thai flavor. awful entree. None of us could eat our entree . Over heard other servers saying the chef that day does not cook good pad Thai. Pad Thai is a basic Thai entree. 4 of us left there hungry. Manager only took off two meals and then added automatic tip. It was not the servers fault, but watch out for shady fixes that are not benefiting the customer. There was a problem with the chef that night. Yuk food that night. again, server was great and felt so sorry they could not correct the chefs issues. Would not advise going here. Pad Thai is 101 dish. don't eat there. Save your money.
- Fantastic Food. Easy Vibe.EugeniaSaysDined on 5/6/2014Tamarind Seed was without a doubt one of the best Thai places I've been to in a while. All of the ingredients were fresh with flavors that stood out on their own, but when eaten in unison---it was magic! Greens and veggies were perfectly cooked and crisp. Each sauce was paired beautifully with each meal. Try the Pad Thai it's superb! I like spicy food and asked for a spicy paste on the side which paired perfectly with my order of Pad Thai. Very large and beautiful wine selection and humble staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SomTom WowTomasVIPDined on 5/2/2014Really good meal, good service as well,improved since last visit. Papaya salad was particularly good - I've traveled in Laos and Thailand and with more heat this would be as I had before. Fish curry similar, a little sweet and fewer chiles but really good. Can satisfy the pad Thai and maasaman set as well based on observation....Special Features:
- consistantly deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/28/2014food here is always excellent and service is attentive and thoughtful. if you enjoy thai food, this is a must try in Atlanta. we had dinner before a performance at woodruff center and the location is perfect for that.Special Features:
- Great Before attending ASO ShowkarenDined on 4/28/2014Very nice patio. Food always great!!! Had a spicy lamb dish and shrimp Pad Thi. Service usually perfect, this night it was not attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceOTPFoodiesDined on 4/26/2014We have been too many times to count - always delicious, great service, incredibly consistent. My wife and I both commented "every time we come here it is GREAT".Special Features:
- MaryVIPDined on 4/22/2014My husband and I have enjoyed many pre-theater dinners here, but we were disappointed on our most recent visit to find that the spicy dishes have been toned down. The num tak salad, which is my husband's favorite dish, was presented differently (less cabbage), was barely spicy, and less flavorful overall (also, beef was a bit overcooked). We ordered 2 dishes with 3 pepper ratings and 1 with a 1 pepper rating, and they were all less spicy than we have come to expect at Tamarind Seed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 4/20/2014We especially enjoy Tamarind Seed around all holidays. Fresh and high quality food!Special Features:
- Great Food!ERodVIPDined on 4/11/2014This is porbably my favorite Thai restaurant in the Midtown area. Great balance between quality and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. I eat here nearlyMeff44VIPDined on 4/2/2014Great food. I eat here nearly every time I visit Atlanta. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The food and service and goneOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/27/2014The food and service and gone down significantly. The beef nam tok was tough and chewy and the pad thai noodle was too wet and tasteless. I asked and server about the noodle and was told this was how it was served. Never will return.Special Features:
- Perfect for the SymphonyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014We picked the restaurant for its proximity to the Symphony and, for that purpose, it's outstanding. The food was above average and the service was typical Thai friendly but a bit inefficient. Probably not a destination restaurant. OT reservation was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Thai FoodAvaJVIPDined on 3/22/2014Looking for a restaurant we had not been to before, my partner and I went here based on the reviews. We were not disappointed. Even though I had a fish entrée with green beans and eggplant (please forgive me for not remembering the name) which had a 3 pepper green curry sauce, it was not too spicy. My partner and I shared the basil rolls, which were rather bland, and the larb, which was excellent with the amount of lime juice that had been added. Indeed, I felt it was the best Thai restaurant I had been to--everything was wonderfully fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai in AtlantavegetarianDined on 3/15/2014The food is consistently great here. Service is always good. Try the Nan Martini. Nice patio when the weather is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLindaDined on 3/9/2014My third trip with different group. We all love it. We love the appys and the tarimisu to die for! Location perfect for in town attractionsSpecial Features:
- Loved It!nada5zipDined on 3/7/2014The food was amazing. As a vegetarian, I am always looking for a place with quality vegetarian options. Even though tofu wasn't on the menu, they had it readily available when I asked for it. My husband also asked for a change to his dish & they were more than willing to comply with his wishes. This is a GREAT restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Thai Foodtarheel62Dined on 2/26/2014The food and service at Tamarind is always exquisite. Have been going there every time I go to Atlanta for 15 years. It is a welcoming sensory experience every time you enter the restaurant. One of the best in Atlanta for both food quality and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Thai restaurants!GaryVIPDined on 2/22/2014Consistently one of the best Thai restaurants in Atlanta, and one of the best restaurants in Midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodman reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2014Food was great , portions huge , but noise level was unbearable I wouldn't return on a weekendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but too priceyTravelerLMDined on 2/15/2014The food was fairly good and the service was good. The pricing however seem to out pace the quality and atmosphere.I have had a lot better for far less. I think the prices just reflect their downtown location, which funny enough is literally 30 steps from a mall food court.
- FAB Thai food!!BennyBDined on 2/8/2014For a special occasion we enjoy Nan's Fine Dining, but for a more casual evening Tamarind Seed is just fine. The food is as good as Nan's, although a bit less exotic!!Special Features:
- Great service, outstandingleapfrogDined on 2/4/2014Great service, outstanding food and a good value. What else can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtwn needs a good Thai restaurantEasternbreezeDined on 1/31/2014We love Thai food. Having traveled to Thailand and tried thai restaurants in every city we visit we were largely disappointed in this one. The chicken was not tender the favors of the curries not delicate or complex. Service was attentive but overall not worth going out of your way forSpecial Features:
- Delicious and authentic Thai foodShayDined on 1/25/2014I've loved Tamarind Seed ever since I moved to Atlanta in 2011, but during my most recent visit, I was more impressed than ever. I asked if they had a certain Thai dish that was my favorite when I studied abroad in college. It wasn't on the menu but the waitress said they could make it. They did and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than big SisterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2014I like Tamarind Seed better than their big sister and the prices are much lower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again Enjoyed it!bardoVIPDined on 1/12/2014I took a friend for lunch who had never been before and she loved it! As always the food was really good. It was a quiet Sunday around 12noon so very different experience from when I have been in the evening and it has been packed. One of my favorites for good Thai food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yuk!TimPdxDined on 1/9/2014Despite great online reviews we found this to be a disappointing experience. The food was uninspiring, not particularly fresh, overly greasy, too sweet and too salty. Service was slow due to a trade show invasion.
- If you have no heat, don't open!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/7/2014I ate at Tamarind on 1/7/14. It was VERY cold outside. The restaurant was not much warmer than the outdoors. In my view, it should not have been open. At a minimum they should have told us when we arrived that they were experiencing significant issues with their heat. As it was, by the time we were seated and realized that we weren't getting warmer, we had our beverages and it was too late for us to go elsewhere without taking an extended lunch beyond what we had planned. There were workmen there working on the heat. I will note that I have eaten at Tamarind many times before and I generally give it high ratings. Also, they did provide us with complimentary hot tea after they heard us complaining about the temperature.Special Features: