Tamari - Warrendale
701 Warrendale Village Drive
Warrendale, PA 15086Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Tamari - Warrendale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tamaripgh.com/
- Phone: 7249333155x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Latin American, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Roger Li
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room offers an intimate space that accommodates personal and professional events alike. Custom menu options available from 4 to 6 course dinner to passed hor d'oeuvres. Hold your next function at the most innovative dining destination in the North Hills.
- Private Party Contact: Tom Mastascusa 7249333155x
- Special Events: Check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest news and updates on our themed celebrations and events!
A word from Tamari - Warrendale
Inspired by our name which means “to do everything with passion”, Tamari is proud to offer freshly prepared and art-fully presented Asian-Latin fusion tapas and specialty maki. The combination of our ultra-creative culinary team and engaging waitstaff has consistently earned us top honors, including Pittsburgh Magazine’s “25 Best Restaurants” 2010-2013, City Paper 2012 “Best Sushi” and Pittsburgh Magazine Best Restaurant Readers Poll 2013 “Best Happy Hour”. Join us, and dine passionately.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tamari - Warrendale - Best Restaurants in Warrendale ›
Tamari - Warrendale reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (15)good for groups (12)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- TamariNancyDined on 8/29/2014Thank you for the Warrendale site! It's a great place to go for a Friday night date with your husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!UnassumingfoodieDined on 8/20/2014I made reservations here for my boyfriend's birthday. We live nearby and I've always wanted to try it. I made a "restaurant passport" as part of his gift, with Tamari on the first page. We were not disappointed! We shared a Tamari sushi roll, and it was the best sushi I've had in years. The scallops tender and sweet, the white tuna perfect, and just the right amount of spicy aioli. He had the pork shank and it was so juicy and tender, and I had the salmon which was grilled to perfection. I also adored the kale chips! We will be back as often as we can!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceMareZee929Dined on 8/16/2014As always, the food here is just excellent. We always get Maki and Specialty Maki Rolls to share, which makes dining much more fun and gives everyone the opportunity to try different things. Just wish the prices weren't quite so high, we'd certainly be going more often if the prices were a bit lower. It does help to go at happy hour and get some kind of discount! Also, the service is always as good as the food!Special Features:
- Tapas at TamarigoagainDined on 8/9/2014We sat outside on a beautiful summer night. We ordered appetizers, tapas style. The kabobs of salmon and asparagus were very good, as was the macaroni and cheese and the grilled romaine lettuce. A couple of nits - the endamame beans were spiced and salted on top, but the bottom were not. The mushroom dish was OK, but not great. But overall it was a very nice meal. Our server was on her first day of the job and was attentive and accurate with the orders. Would recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The menu was a little unusual but everyone was up for it and we all enjoyed the meal. We had some regular drinks, martinis, cosmos,scotch and gin & tonic as well as the bartender made a virgin mojita for our 1 non-alcholic guest. We also shared two bottles of wine which we all enjoyed. The foof was moderately priced but the liquor was a little expensive.Special Features:
- TamariMorgueMDDined on 8/2/2014Best sushi in Pittsburgh. We have not had a bad dish. We have never ordered any of the few offered entrées, only the sushi, appetizers, and small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great service slowjustmeDined on 7/29/2014We ate here for a special family occasion. We would have loved to eat outside but weather did not permit it. The ambiance would have been better outside. Inside was OK for decor. The food was excellent, and our group sampled many things. We enjoyed the tacos, the quail eggs, sushi, and tuna tartare. The desserts were great! We all felt that the service was slow and there was a lot of down time between servings. The place did not seem overly busy on a week night. The expense was high but expected given the menu and type of food (Asian Latin Fusion).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lb1127Dined on 7/26/2014Went there on a saturday night. was not overly crowded, but waited 20 minutes for our drinks! Another waitress came to our table when she saw we werent being taken care of and then took care of us satisfactorily. Almost left after that (and a bothced Long Island iced tea) but stayed to eat and was glad we did! the food was delicious, especially the lobster macaroni and cheese. My husband really liked his seaweed salad and the tempura lobster rolls were out of this world. My friend and I are convinced we gained 2 pounds that one night.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent serviceDugganDined on 7/22/2014Sushi is excelent and the server is very helpful explaining the various choices if you not a "sushi expert".Special Features:
- Wasn't what we expectedWasmooDined on 7/12/2014We had the Lobster specialty maki in Tamari - Lawrenceville and loved it, so we went to Tamari - North to have it again, but the lobster didn't taste like lobster; it tasted like crab or imitation lobster. It was still a good meal, but that wasn't the taste we'd hoped for. Their service wasn't exceptional, even though it wasn't busy. I was left with an empty water glass for about 15 minutes while I drank my partner's water instead. Additionally, when I realized the Robata didn't have a carb dish, I ordered a side of rice. In most Asian restaurants, rice appears instantly, but in this case, it was a full 10 minutes before it came out. Not terrible, just not expected.Special Features:
- Food just as good as lawrencevilleLuvfoodDined on 7/12/2014But service is slow and ambiAnce is "meh". Good if you happen to be in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor eveningsarafaekVIPDined on 6/27/2014Thanks for hosting our crew for a wonderful outdoor happy hour gathering...great spot you've created in Sewickley...look forward to coming back for full meal.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerFood4familyDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant has a fun menu and a great kids menu. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish & Decadent Dining ExperienceDelishDelightDined on 6/20/2014We recently took my sister to Tamari in Warrendale for dinner and drinks, and had a fabulous evening out! Service was great, food tasted vibrant and fresh, and drinks were on par for the course. Highly recommend their signature martinis. Had a wonderful experience and was seated and served promptly. Go for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Great Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014The food is great. Service was exceptional. We were a little dissapointed that they seem to be moving away from the small plates but the entrees were fantastic. While I would not say that it is entirely kid friendly (a little too romantic for noisy kids) we did have three kids with us 13 and under. The did have a child's menu for the younger two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumStephDined on 6/12/2014My coworker and I had dinner here for the first time and everything was delicious. She's from Florida, so sheknows what "good" sushi tastes like and she loved everything. It was a little pricey, but everything is meant to be shared. Very cute restaurant and bar. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- good expereinceTomWDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I were looking for a place to dine outside on the gorgeous evening Saturday. Tamari provided this. The mushroom Salad appetizer was delicious. The various versions and options for sushi good also. Nice place to visit.Special Features:
- Great AlwaysneroDined on 6/4/2014Tamari is one of those places that will become a regular staple in your outings. Their food is great and unique enough to be very difficult to replicate anywhere. Many other places come close but do not quite capture the atmosphere and the mixture of foods that this great restaurant has put together in such a unique way.Special Features:
- DeliciousjenscherrDined on 5/23/2014Delicious and great for sharing small bites...enjoyed chatter with great friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience - service off...BillKDined on 5/23/2014As always we had a great trip to Tamari for sushi with our friends. This time the service wasn't quite as good as it's been previously but it was still acceptable. The hostess seemed to not enjoy her job - made no eye contact with any of us and just seemed down. Simply being pretty isn't all that should be required of a hostess Tamari. It kind of sets the mood for your dining experience imo. Our waiter was ok - but it always bothers me when you hear other servers describing the specials for the day - while you have to specifically ask your own server about them. It should just be automatic - why do we have to ask what the specials are? Ultimately we go to Tamari for the sushi and it didn't disappoint - as always top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Bad ServicePittsburghDined on 5/17/2014We have been to the one in Lawrenceville twice so tried this one. Decor and ambience was great - our table was ready and the drinks and appetizers came out fine. It went downhill from there - we had six of us on two checks - the first entrees came out 15 minutes before the second set - when I went to find our server her reason was she put the two orders in separately so they didn't come out at the same time and they were "busy". Two of us ordered a second glass of wine - one was brought and when we mentioned the second we were told it was coming the bartender was busy. Attempted to pull away a dinner plate that was only half way through being eaten. Watched another group actually get up and leave due to no service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2014Excellent happy hour although the server confused us with pricing.Special Features:
- Great lunch findNHdinerDined on 5/7/2014I love the lunch bento box. Mix and match dishes for a personalized lunch. I had the mushroom salad, vegetable maki, salmon and eggplant robatas and the shrimp taco. All were fresh and delicious. Service was friendly and attentive. The Warrendale location is a convenient north hills location and also easily accessible for the Cranberry crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 292 reviews are from the Tamari - Warrendale reviews archive.
- enjoyable!RoxyDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant is consistently very good. Food is always prepared well and service is attentive and on the ball. I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedPittsburghDinerDined on 4/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our "date night" at Tamari. We have a small child and don't get out much and were very pleased with the drinks and food. The staff was wonderful from the manager, bartender to the wait staff. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- inventive menuinventiveDined on 4/11/2014We love Tamari for its inventive menu, combining sometime unusual pairings which delight and surprise. We especially love to sit at the counter and watch the chefs go to work. Their careful attention to detail, composing the ingredients and the banter is always fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were 2 new bartendershonkforloveDined on 4/11/2014There were 2 new bartenders on a Friday night, which seemed to be a poor decision as our drinks took very long to reach the table. Our server did not seem to know what was going on: she didn't know who ordered what, she had no menu suggestions, she was not very attentive (and we were very not needy), she did not take everyone's order, resulting in our table trying to flag her down. The food was excellent, the drinks were excellent, the ambiance was fun and comfortable. The manager did apologize for the transition phase of the restaurant (namely about the bartenders). Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Business LunchPittsburghConsultantVIPDined on 4/4/2014Had lunch here for the first time. Bento Box selections offered great variety for a different business lunch. NIce toi have this unique option in the North Hills. Service was spot on.Special Features:
- Always hits the spot!NERODined on 3/29/2014Tamari is one place were the quality of the food is consistent and always excellent. Their food is always fresh. Do yourself a favor and try everything on their menu; you will not be disappointed. Both locations are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappinesswhimDined on 3/29/2014happiness is a bunch of really good, interesting, and fun maki. Had six awesome sushi/maki rolls, some apps, and desert. Bottle of cab [14 Hands] was really good as well.Special Features:
- server uninterestedkaiaVIPDined on 3/22/2014enjoyed our meal, but server was clearly not wanting to be there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a group of 6, and wefoodlover28Dined on 3/22/2014We had a group of 6, and we had a great time! Great service and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoulderorBustDined on 3/22/2014New location with too much of a mall location feel. Original is worth the drive
- Total goodnessSushi4meDined on 3/17/2014Modern contemporary shiek ambiance, excellent food, very nice beer and wine selection. Will definitely go back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Sushi!!!!fellocolonialDined on 2/27/2014One of my favorite sushi places. This will always be a stop on the sushi restaurant list.Special Features:
- Nice & slowdrmomDined on 2/22/2014Service made for a long evening! Had to wait for table despite resv - when to bar, long wait for drink despite bar not being full Server was pleasant however service was slow an inconsistent - food was good as usual and atmosphere is nice but be prepared to stay a while. Desserts are lacking don't save room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Food good, but overpriced compared to similar sushi restaurants, I would not frequent a place when I could buy rolls for 5 bucks less at a different place....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSecretFoodieDined on 2/22/2014My fiancé and I loved the food. My family services the produce at this location. I was very pleased with the quality of food and wine. We would come again, and would recommend to others. We tried the TNT Maki, Sea Bass over Brussels Sprouts, Chicken and Scallion, and Lobster Mac & Cheese. Great job on all four meals and intimate setting. Nice Alfredo Roca Pinot Noir accompanied the meal very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great tableKateDined on 2/21/2014My husband and I rarely get out, so when we do we are looking forward to be able to talk. The food at Tamari is always very good; our service was excellent. However, when we made our reservation, we had requested to be seated at a table that was not right up against another couple, as we had been our previous time to the Lawrenceville location. They ended up seating us in a quiet room, not the main dining area. Unfortunately, the room was very brightly lit (not my preference) and we were very close to another two-top again. Without the background noise of the restaurant, it was awkward to try to hold a conversation so close to other couples. I was disappointed to spend $130 on a meal and not enjoy the experience as much as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeSJgirlDined on 2/19/2014Great place, great service. Check out their happy hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.