Tamarack Junction Steak House
13101 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89511Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Tamarack Junction Steak House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tamarackjunction.com/Dining/Steak-House
- Phone: 7753843630
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Mon 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Fri 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Gibson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tamarack Junction Steak House
The Tamarack Junction Steak House serves the finest 28 day aged beef broiled at 1,400°. Enjoy our steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts along with spectacular table-side cooking to enhance your dining experience. All this while you enjoy our warm, rustic and inviting atmosphere along with our outstanding hospitality. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tamarack Junction Steak House - Best Restaurants in Reno ›
Tamarack Junction Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (36)romantic (35)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- DianeDIANEDined on 9/20/2014Overall the food was outstanding. However, the vegetables were not al dente but barely blanched. This is the third time we have experienced the vegetables being hard.Special Features:
- wonderful atmospheretony1952Dined on 9/15/2014We were a party of four. the place is beautiful. The food selection was great. Service ...the best. Overall experience was much more than anticipated, from the smiling face of the hostess to the complete service. Each of us enjoyed our meal very, very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at TamarackJacqueVIPDined on 9/14/2014The Tamarack Junction Steak House has become one of our favorite spots. The service is great and the food is always well prepared and very fine. I finally tried the beef carpaccio and it was lovely, though a bit of mustard drizzled on it would have spiced it up a bit. The Caesar salad prepared table side by the Executive Chef, Frank Gibson is always a winner. We all had the rib eye special with blue cheese and roasted garlic and they were heavenly! Our kitchen tour was fun and informative. We will certainly return!Special Features:
- Adult fine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Always a great dinner out for special occasions. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemYmcleanDined on 8/30/2014The Tamarack's Steak House is a hidden gem! Once seated you wouldn't know you're in a casino. The tables and booths are seated far enough apart to have private conversations. The servers are attentive, the drinks are delightful and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodluverFoodluverDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is the best! The atmosphere is very inviting, the staff is very attentive. We have eaten here on several occasions, and always had an excellent meal. Our favorite is the steak Diane. Another is the rib eye steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerYoshiDined on 8/9/2014Took my Dad out for dinner. Service was spot on. Food was delicious. No complaints whatsoever. Very comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loveandpeace14Dined on 8/7/2014Went for birthdays, special. Met at the entrance,x cheerfully pleasant staff. Our table was set beautiful with sparkling china, crystal. Given our option of wine, and plenty of time to decide. Did an excellent job of explaining the menue. Thanks for the memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Table side options by prominent kitchen staff add to the service of top notch menu items. Highly recommended for the atmosphere and both special and anytime occassions when you are desiring exceptional service and food for a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our visit on August 3, 2014JoseyDined on 8/3/2014Our meal was over priced, supposed to be a special, really no cheaper than the regular menu items. Potatoes were dry, needed gravy. Meal should have been closer to $20.00.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in South Renolawrence33Dined on 8/2/2014We had an enjoyable dinner at the Tamarack Junction Steak House last Saturday. ( Our 4th visit to the restaurant.) The prime rib dinners were prepared to perfection! Our niece loved her halibut and I enjoyed the Chilean Sea Bass. Will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choice Is The KeyRudeHoneyDined on 7/31/2014A steakhouse that charges for what is supposed to be first rate is not. They talk about aging for 29 days (why not 30).A broiler at 1,400 degrees "Oh boy". But, if you don't start with a prime cut of beef and you use choice steaks, than the meal will not be prime. My char broiled steak barely had a sear on it. The filet was dry and tasteless.
- Memorable AnniversaryjavajennyDined on 7/28/2014Great experience on our wedding anniversary! Excellent bisque and sea bass. Very professional service. We are not big gamblers, but after dinner, a few slots paid for our dinner. Great night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014Went here with a group of first time diners at Tamarack junction Steak house. I usually hesitate dining in a casino. I was thrilled with this restaurant because not only being 50 feet from the casino entrance, it is completely closed off from the casino so you don't get the smoke migrating into the restaurant. That being said, the casino is new enough that they have a better than most filtration system so even their casino floors aren't overwhelming with smoke. I will be back.Special Features:
- Fair, not good nor excellent.RenoJJDined on 7/25/2014The staff was initially attentive and polite, main courses were ready at different times - two of the served main dishes had cooled to lukewarm and this is not good for a porterhouse steak. Table side caesar salad was excellent. Bananas foster excellent. Lukewarm main meal poor. Then when finished, after bill and strong tip they apparently needed to flip the table and asked us to leave or move to their lounge. Not a good plan. I'll give them another chance this year but was not impressed.Special Features:
- Great Service, Good Foodsandela11Dined on 7/24/2014The wait staff is very helpful and accommodating. We had a 15 month old child in our party. They went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. We all had steak. Be aware, if you request medium well, you will get medium to medium rare. The scallop potatoes were so good!!! It is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ladies night outchowhoundDined on 7/24/2014My friends and I had a wonderful ladies' get together at the Steak House. Our server was friendly and efficient. The food was fabulous. The atmosphere was perfect. Can't wait to do it again!Special Features:
- Love this steak housesierrastarrDined on 7/21/2014We love having a great steak house in south Reno. The food is delicious and service is great. The steaks are delicious and the Chilean sea bass is fabulous! The lounge area never seems to be crowded. We enjoy meeting friends there for a drink before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014Food and service were great. The atmoshere was romantic and quiet. Our waiter was helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy HourhollydonhDined on 7/19/2014You have a wonderful bar that I think could use a Happy Hour for at least an hour a night when the Steak House is open. The food was great and wonderful service.Special Features:
- fabulous anniversary dinnerpennytucDined on 7/12/2014We had a great time, I had noted that it was our anniversary on the online reservation and the entire staff was aware and made a point of stopping by our table. Our dinner was amazing. Our waiter was very attentive, but also cognizant of the fact that it was our romantic night out. Great experience!Special Features:
- Our Choice for Special OccasionsPG33Dined on 7/11/2014This is our third visit to the Tamarack Junction Steak House. It's a great little gem in the South Reno area and a wonderful place for special occasions. The Staff goes above and beyond to insure a memorable experience. Make sure you have the Steak Diane or one of the Table Side Desserts so you can experience the wonderful presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but priceyrdujourDined on 7/11/2014The food was quite good as was the service. It is a bit pricey for Reno. I would recommend it but bring a big wallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lawrence33Dined on 7/6/2014Dinner was excellent although one steak had to be returned because it was well done and not medium rare. Correctly done the second time.Special Features:
- ExcellentSierraFamilyDined on 7/6/2014Excellent dinner & exceptional service by Tim! We were there for dinner again this week on Friday & requested to have Tim as our waiter. So nice to see such a knowledgeable, pleasant young man who really enjoys his job. Looking forward to coming back again when we are back in town. Patty & RichSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceRenoBruinDined on 7/5/2014Tableside Caesar, Steak Diane, and Banana's Foster. Another great dinner. Kind of funky being in the casino, but it is an Oasis inside. Great service from Kevin AGAIN...!Special Features:
- tamarack junctiondogmanDined on 7/5/2014i made a reservation on line which was fast and easy; we didnt wait long for a table. after being seated we were greeted by the waiter who took our drink orders then were bought some rolls- 3 cheese or pesto. the soup was very good; not overpowering but had flavor (chicken vegtable soup). i had the steak diane which was prepared at the table and very good, i would recommend. my wife had a ny strip steak which was also very good. so we really enjoyed and will go backSpecial Features:
- Best steakhouse in town.MononokeDined on 7/3/2014I have a choice of steakhouse's livening in a town with casinos around every corner. I go to the "Tammy" steakhouse every time; as they are then only game in town with that level of quality , of food, and service. I have never had a bad experience there. TL;DR Tamarack is a tiny casino with the best steakhouse in Reno.Special Features:
- Great local steak houseBestTapasEVERDined on 6/29/2014The tamarack steak house is a higher end restaurant in South Reno. The menu is fairly standard for steak houses. The presentation is what differentiates this place from others. They do an authentic from scratch Caesar salad for two table side. They also do a great table side steak Diane and bananas foster. Yum. The Godiva chocolate cake is also to die for.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!775jackDined on 6/28/2014Our 17th annniversary dinner. Great food, fine service and terrific atmosphere!Special Features:
- Reno Fine Dininglawrence33Dined on 6/26/2014This was our second eating experience at Tamarack Junction Steak House and it was as good as the first time. For us it is our special treat to eat and relax at a fine dining restaurant. The attention by all of the staff is as good as it gets in a first class restaurant. The food is cooked to a flavorful perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great....RenoTripDined on 6/26/2014We were on vacation from Ohio in Nevada, out of town and looking for a quiet nice evening out. The food was excellent, service was exceptional, took us out of the casino noise and made for a very nice comfortable dinner. The cheese plate is a very nice additional to delicious wine, steaks are cooks just right and staff is very attentive. I would highly recommend and will be back when in Reno.Special Features:
- Nice ambienceRobertDined on 6/22/2014The restaurant is well appointed with a unique and attractive bar. Service is prompt and friendly.
- great steakhousehikersTomandDianeDined on 6/21/2014Tamarack Junction is a small intimate steakhouse in an unlikely location...a small local casino in south Reno. The atmosphere is understated and quite elegant, not ostentatious. The menu is not huge but has a wide variety of options. My wife is a "picky" eater and not a beef eater. She usually has a few problems at many steakhouses...but not here! There were at least 5 different entrees that she found enticing. The wine list is not large but is first rate in quality...although surprisingly there were no Australian Shiraz options. Our server was conscientious without being intrusive and the bus boy was very efficient. We will definitely plan on returning and would recommend to anyone who loves a great steakhouse.Special Features:
- Fantastic first experienceNocookinhereDined on 6/15/2014This was my first visit to the steak house. I had friends from out of town. We were a little early so we had a drink in the bar first. Our cocktails were superb. Then on to our dinner experience. Steak cooked to perfection and the chicken piccata was delicious. Nice ambiance and quiet atmosphere even with the Steak Diane flames every once in awhile. Booth seating is very comfortable. Will definitely go back there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014The Prime Rib was excellent!! I usually order a steak, but wanted to try something different since my last steak was just "average." Saturday night's meal renewed my confidence in the restaurant. Service is always top notch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Meal!Rott1Dined on 6/14/2014We were hesitant to go back to Tamarack Junction Steak House because the last two experiences was not very memorable and worth the price. We decided to try it again and we are glad we did as this was the best meal ever. We started with the crab cake appetizer. Let me emphasize that it is just one crab cake, but it was a good size and made with lots of crab and not too much breading. It was delicious! We both ordered the Chilean Sea Bass dinner and this dish was delicious and plentiful. We would definitely go back and have this meal. Service was excellent also. We were too full and satisfied to have dessert but we'll try to save room next time we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPatcoxDined on 6/14/2014Our dinner was excellent! Our waiter was "out to lunch". He couldn't remember the orders, we didn't get any bread/rolls and it took quite a while to get a second drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 6/8/2014The food was only average. The special was a rib steak with blue cheese on top. You could only taste the blue cheese. The prime rib was not that good either. The cost was way to high for this restaurant. Western Village does a much better job for a lot less money. I will not be back to the Tamarack Junction.
- Always SatifiedShaboomDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I have been to the steak house on 4 occasions, and we have never had a bad meal. When you ask for a charboiled steak the way you want it cooked is exactly how you get it. I am not much of a steak eater, but when I go to the Tamarack Steak House, that is exactly what I order. The service is always superb! Big kudos to Carissa, Chef Frank, and Jacob. They made the dining experience so great. I highly recommend going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.