2980 Los Feliz Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90039Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lawrysonline.com/
- Phone: 3236640228
- Hours of Operation:
Ale and Sandwich Bar: 11:00am-Daily Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-9:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm-10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm; Brunch – Sundays: 10:30am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Teri McLeod
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music in our pub & lounge every Friday & Saturday evenings – no cover charge! Special late night Happy Hour Friday & Saturday evenings from 10:00pm-12:00am.
- Special Events: Join us for weekly enterainment in our Ale & Sandwich bar, as well as monthly wine tastings and more! Visit our website to see all of our special events: http://www.lawrysonline.com/tam-oshanter/events
A word from Tam O'Shanter
The Tam O'Shanter is a dining legend in the heart of Los Angeles, here you will find the charm of a Highland inn. The qualities that built our reputation- superb food, outstanding service and a dedication to honoring our guests with the highest quality in value-are as strong today as when we first opened our doors in 1922.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tam O'Shanter - Best Restaurants in Los Feliz ›
Tam O'Shanter reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)neighborhood gem (119)good for groups (81)romantic (68)fit for foodies (56)great for lunch (34)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (31)kid-friendly (26)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014The restaurant reminded us a little of another restaurant called Smokehouse in Burbank, but a lot more quiet. The food selection is great - we had the french onion soup, tempura green beans (which I loved!), diver scallops and ribeye. We liked everything we ordered and would go back.Special Features:
- bzrmDined on 9/21/2014Excellent spot for good prime rib dinners! Like a step back in time and a favorite in the bGlendale area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like ScotlandGingerDined on 9/20/2014Except for prices in USD, this restaurant could have been on Byres Road in Glasgow. Wonderful whisky cocktails, food, service and ambiance. Kudos to the chef on her new menu addition, the poached lobster salad, which I thoroughly enjoyed!Special Features:
- A ClassicSensibleSuDined on 9/15/2014Such a great place to dine. Food, as always, is outstanding. Famous for their prime rib. This is a great place for groups, special occasions, such as birthdays and anniversaries, and the service is wonderful. This restaurant should be on everyone's bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at the TamjmolesDined on 9/14/2014Not nearly as good as it used to be. Seems like someone is making changes that are not at all beneficial to the guests.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014We had a great birthday dinner. We had the earliest dinner reservation of the day, and the restaurant was still relatively quiet. The prime rib, scallops, mashed potatoes, yorkshire pudding and sundae were all delicious. I wasn't a fan of the creamed corn, but that is probably just my taste. We were disappointed there were no double booths but sat at a table with comfortable arm chairs. The service was among the best I have encountered. I also appreciated the history of the restuarant and plan to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gumbyDined on 9/14/2014Outstanding in every way. Great food, service, charming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregDined on 9/13/2014Great place to go for that special night. I remember going the first time as a small child with my Grandparents, it has always been a special pale for me!Special Features:
- A proper 911navaaroundDined on 9/11/2014I attended a wine pairing dinner recently, and by nights end it had become one of the finest experiences I have had in fifty years. From the personal greeting to the final goodnight at closing the hospitality would have been worth the admission, but the care and attention to detail by the chef and the sommelier awoke the unwitting taste sensations that had been dormant and forgotten. You owe it to yourself to trust in the fine folks at Tam O'Shanter to take you on an adventure you will long speak of and remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off Night at the TamOperaguyDined on 9/11/2014I have been going to the Tan O Shanter for over 25 years and lately I find it a bit disappointing. The other night service was very slow..although pleasant. The portions are smaller and the prices higher. Gravy on the mashed potatoes tasted like it came right from the can. I asked for anchovies on my Caesar salad....isn't that a regular part of a Caesar? ....and was told there would be an extra charge of " a few dollars." I said thanks but next time I'll bring my own. Small things like this bring down the good feelings about a restaurant. I hope they get it together.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2014This restaurant offers wonderful food in a quiet, traditional setting. The wonderful prime rib is, of course, their signature dish. But there are lots of other wonderful items on the menu – including interestingly prepared fish and salad dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably excellentCLinWVDined on 9/6/2014We come here often and enjoy the Scottish ambiance and lively Celtic music. Service is exceptional and the food is very good. Favorites -- prime rib, fish & chips, Toad in the Hole, Rotisserie Chicken. Hot fudge sundae using C.C. Brown's hot fudge is the best you'll find.Special Features:
- Best Roast EverPandaMaDined on 9/6/2014We had an unusually tender and flavorful roast this time. The Yorkshire Pudding popover was fantastic. This was the best meal we've had at the Tam ever! Kudos to the kitchen staff! We liked our server, but we were seated at 5pm in a very tight table next to the kitchen/busing station, so the hubbub level was unpleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tam OValerieMilanoDined on 9/5/2014I really like the point system as well as the food, ambiance etc. One of my faves!Special Features:
- Fun at the bar area!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/5/2014There was an Irish band and the bar area was packed! Had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the Tam!GoddessofWineDined on 9/1/2014We had a group of 10 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We often dine at the Tam, and are friends with the manager, who gifted us a bottle of Champagne and waived the corkage fees on the subsequent 7 bottles of wine we opened during the course of the evening. The recently updated menu offered some delicious new choices. Service was excellent. A great time was had by all.Special Features:
- Old World CharmVinoPeepsDined on 9/1/2014This was our first dining experience at Tam O'Shanter. We were quite pleased with the ambiance, menu, and the service was outstanding. We will surely return. The decor is a throwback to the 1950s. Lots to see in the various dining areas. Fireplaces in each space. It was a little noisy in the dining room where we were seated but as the groups left it was easier to converse with our table guests.Special Features:
- Disappointing!diningdivaDined on 9/1/2014We have been dining here for decades. Although it has been a few months since our last visit, we decided to celebrate our anniversary here with our 12 guests. Our first problem was that the host tried to cram us into a corner table that was best suited for 8-10 people max! We were told that they always seat 12 people at that table. Sure... if they're less than 12 years old and under 100lbs! We were also told that the next time we make a reservation for a large party then we should request an extender an advance. I have never had to tell a restaurant how to accommodate their guests! I thought it was their job to make their customers comfortable and happy. But the worst problem was the poor quality of their prime rib! Very disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Large Party NoisePartyDined on 8/30/2014They sat us right outside the party room we couldnt talk without yelling to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu Items/Consistently greatSCROOGEMCDUCK19Dined on 8/30/2014The food continues to be outstanding here. We joined the Lawry's VIP club specifically for the strength of the food from this location. Well worth it as it pays for itself instantly with the coupons they send more than covering the cost of membership. I tend to eat mostly vegetables and the polenta cakes (new item) were as flavorful as a dish can be. Rarebit was consistent and the atmosphere is historic. Do yourself a favor, treat yourself to a night at Tam O' Shanter's. Walt Disney used to eat here, that should say it all.Special Features:
- Our "beef" about the beef...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/28/2014Truly authentic "old school" dining that is a dying breed amongst our culinary options in So Cal. Just because the place is old, the crowd is mixed, featuring the spectrum of prime rib devotees. The whisky lover's bar is fully stocked with "treasure." I've dined there many times, everything I've is excellent, Rarebit yorkshire popovers, OMG creamed corn, beef fat fries, the signature creamed horseradish. So what about the Prime Rib? Be vigilant if you like it rare or medium rare. Test it when it's served - the staff will graciously get you another piece cause 25% of the time (in my experience) if it's more at medium or medium plus. Once it's right it's a true delight. Head to the Tam for a trip back to the 30s,40s,50s,60s,70s, etc etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun placemewmewDined on 8/24/2014Great service, very fun decor. Reminded me of some movie tavern scenes and couldn't shake off the feeling of having puss in boots jump out at me, or even mike myers. Had haggis for the first time here too. Food was good (Ice cream sundae was a great way to end the night). Almost drove by it if if I hadn't searched what the restaurant front looked like.Special Features:
- Excellent Special DealthevidiotDined on 8/24/2014We had the August Dinner for Two Special and every course was outstanding. The Prime Rib was the best that I've had in a long time and each course was well received. Once again the Tam O'Shanter exceeded my expectations. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJKlikesDined on 8/24/2014Have dined at the Tam since I was a kid and have always had a top experience. On this occasion we were early, the first ones in and the waiter was kind enough to point out various tables where some of the rich and famous had dined. My out of town guests were very impressed, and even I had not known much of this info. Drinks were very good as was the food and we were well attended to. So glad all the old favorites are still available.Special Features:
- Food - 10 Service - 6CraigDined on 8/23/2014As always the food was excellent. We had a party of 9 for birthdays and for the first time, the service was not so great. Had to ask for bread, ask for horseradish, ask for water refills. 7 of 9 had prime rib (always the best!). The horseradish was doled out in such tiny portions that was gone quickly. Our waiter was OK, but the support staff left a little to be desired. I will still go back as this was an aberration from my past experiences. I chalk this up to an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem!FredDined on 8/23/2014Excellent service and food as always! Would always recommend the Tam!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful as always!Jessica1955Dined on 8/17/2014To put it briefly...the Tam does not disappoint! This was our second visit and we will be back, even though we live out of state! Friendly and helpful staff, fun and quirky atmosphere, and the food is DELICIOUS! We first dined here to check out table 31 but returned for the food. "Must haves" include prime rib, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, and Yorkshire pudding. Feeling adventurous? Go for the macaroni and cheese, grilled corn, and chocolate soufflé! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mselefresserDined on 8/16/2014TamOShanter has been around longer than we have! We've always enjoyed the kitschy but nostalgic ambience, and we recently sat at Walt Disney's favorite table with a plaque! Seems he and his Imagineering team planned Disneyland at this very spot! We enjoy the consistently delicious prime rib, it's just as good as Lawry's in BH. And, the menu has more variety than Lawry's, and you CAN get a table on a Saturday nite! They also have casual lunch service, with sandwiches etc.Special Features:
- Great Treat4theatergoersDined on 8/16/2014Going to Greek Theater and remembered this great Lawry's restaurant. It was a treat that I have always enjoyed. Brought friends who also fell in love. The service was impeccable, the management was present and eager to ensure that the dining experience was outstanding for all of the diners. Close to the Greek, and the meal was perfectly timed for travel to the theater. Celebrated a birthday and it could not have been a better experience for all. Must go again soon... Reservations were useful as it was a full venue. Recommend the heirloom tomato , peach, basil salad...a must have. Treat yourself to a fun dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatgood1diningDined on 8/15/2014Ambience and food great; service friendly; manager came to check on us; have been going here since the 1950s.Special Features:
- Fun night at the Tam O'ShanterSheBeeDined on 8/11/2014The husband and I had a great time at the Tam. The staff was very helpful, attentive, and on point that night, especially our waitress Angela. The food was great, the husband loved his Prime Rib and my steak was pretty good. I think next time I'll end get the prime rib though, because his was amazing. A special thanks to the host that night for helping us sit at the 'Walt Disney' table. We are both big Disney fans, and we had a great time in that special booth.Special Features:
- Dining With WaltMrDiz55Dined on 8/10/2014My girlfriend and I are very much into Disney and it's rich history, so when we discovered that this place was a frequent host to Walt himself, we figured we'd give it a try! We were sat a 1/2 hour before our reservation time, and as per request we were able to sit at the very spot Walt are at so many times before! The service was punctual and very friendly. The food was AMAZING! We were immediately reminded of a home cooked meal. It was delicious. To top it off, we were given a complimentary cake for our one year anniversary (which was that night, and one of my many gifts to my girlfriend). The setting was beautiful, the history was tangible, and we were blessed with dining in the "presence" of Walt. A true gem, and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good eveningSDLADined on 8/10/2014Took my sister here for her birthday. There was some confusion among the wait staff as to our table, so we waited quite a while until we had to ask the bus person to ask the waiter to come to our table. After that, everything was fine.Special Features:
- Sad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014After the fond memories we all had about Tam O'shanter's it was heartbreaking to have such an awful experience. For the beginning to the end, every part of this event was disappointing. The service, food, and attention to detail were all below par. Our waiter was not very well informed about the items on the menu, the food was cooked WRONG and the wait was unbearable. Even our cocktails from the bar were not correctly made. I'm not sure what happened in the kitchen but the meat was fatty and undercooked, the fish was "fishy" sand the vegetables were sorely over cooked! Our waiter described an amazing chocolate souffle that needed 45 minutes to prepare, and then totally forgot to order one for our table. We will not be returning!
- Bonberocubano1124Dined on 8/9/2014The Tam was awesome, we were seated promptly as we arrived. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. the food was delicious as usual. Great ambiance and comfortable surroundings. Good prices for the quality of food you get. We will recommend and will return again. Thank you Jonathan for such great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014Prime rib was excellent. Mashed potatoes and veggies were very good. Service very good.Special Features:
- excellent service!SpudVIPDined on 8/9/2014Our belief to say "great restaurant" is based on tasty food, wonderful service (atmosphere), and reasonable price. Particularly, this restaurant is good for special occasions but even good with kids.Special Features:
- AwesomeBMB2008Dined on 8/8/2014We made reservations to celebrate our anniversary. We were on time and were seated immediately. The waitor was awesome. The food was mostly good. My daughter had the Mac-n-Cheese and it was wonderful. My husband had the filet mignon and it was very good. I had the prime rib and ordered it bewteen medium and medium well but it came well. I did not complain because I gues I should have been more clear. The food was good but dessert was incredible. I had the chocolate souffle and my husband had the peach cobbler and both were awesome. If you love chocolate, you will not be disappointed with the souffle. It is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinneraminlaVIPDined on 8/4/2014Four of us went to the Tam to celebrate my birthday. The Tam is one of our favorite restaurants and it continues to please. The food and service were excellent; it was a great way to enjoy my bday.Special Features:
- TAM O SHANTEROpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The Tam O Shanter provides a delicious prime rib dinner. The ambiance is like a Scottish cottage and you feel like you have been transported to the UK. I just wished the salad was included as part of the dinner ala the spinning salad bowl at its bigger brother Lawry's. The chocolate souffle desert was just okay.Special Features: