456 West Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talullas.com/
- Phone: 9199331177x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Aligül Sevil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Talulla's
When you walk through the shadowed glass doors of Talulla's, an instant transformation begins to occur. Your mind and body begin to relax. Your ears pick up on the eclectic mix of music. Your eyes wonder around the walls, decorated in Turkish rugs; then the ceilings, scattered with warm, unique lighting pieces; then the floors... the dark, hardwood floors; and finally, across the plush seating areas, disguised by cushions and pillows and fabric leisurely draped around the frames.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Talulla's - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Talulla's reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (29)special occasion (24)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (10)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014Really enjoyed our visit. I'd not had Turkish food before, so this was such a delightfully interesting experience. The food was wonderful and the service was spot on. I really enjoyed the Manti and the Sultan's Delight. I also had the Sultan's margarita which is great if you love black licorice. I would not recommend it otherwise. Give this place a try! I think I've found my new favorite in Chapel Hill.Special Features:
- FunlovefoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Don't let the Turkish part scare you away…it's universally delicious food whether you like fish, meat or are vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Turkish Delight!CuisineQueenDined on 8/17/2014The food here is always outstanding, trust the staff with recommendations, they know their food very well. The service is impeccable and we always feel very welcome. The perfect place for a romantic meal or a date with friends. We like how the tables have space, you don't feel crammed in with other diners. Always end the evening with baklava!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findTraveling4FoodDined on 8/12/2014Really enjoyed dining at Talullah's! The service was excellent with great recommendations for what to order. I ate outside, which is along the somewhat busy sidewalk. Inside looked cozy and friendly. I tried four different mezzas that were all delicious.Special Features:
- Love Talulla'sfoodloverDined on 8/10/2014This is one of our favorite places to eat a casual but delicious Turkish meal and they never disappoint. We also like the ambience and the service there. It's a very warm and inviting place to dine.Special Features:
- Turkish DelightKaanDined on 8/9/2014Talulla's is my favorite restaurant in Chapel Hill. If you enjoy amazing food and great atmosphere, then you should probably eat here ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We loved Tallulah from the moment we entered--the walls with their Anatolian carpets and the evening lighting make this a romantic space. The food held up to our expectations--we had been told this was one of the best places to eat in Chapel Hill. The mezze platters offer variety but are not too big, allowing you to order a main course as well. Among the mains, the grilled branzino and the delicious layered eggplant dish were really the standouts. The winelist is deep and varied, too. All in all a lovely time.Special Features:
- AllisMomDined on 8/1/2014The experience was great as always. One of our favorite places to dine. Great vegetarian options too. For instance, try the moussaka topped with best bechamel sauce ever.Special Features:
- Fresh and deliciousradsailorDined on 7/25/2014We have been to Talullah's three times in several months. After the first visit, we were treated like old friends. The service is very friendly. I have ordered something different each time I ate there and each dish was fresh and wonderful. I had never eaten Turkish food before so I was a little wary, but now I look forward to returning often. On a side note, the steaming hot bread with a special dipping sauce that is brought to the table is itself worth the visit.Special Features:
- SALUTEJISSVIPDined on 7/20/2014Enjoyed Talulla's a great deal on both of my recent visits. The food is very fresh and and prepared with great flavors. A wide variety of options that will meet everyone's appetite. I recommend the fresh catch, outstanding. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend a great dining experience in Chapel Hill. (note: outside dining creates the feeling like you are in a european cafe) well done.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Went here with a group of 10 for a friend's birthday. Service was awesome and they handled our large group really well. The food was SO GOOD- I can't believe I've never been here before having lived in Chapel Hill for so long. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great. Had a great appetizer. Both entrees were great as well. Wonderful service and a great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous foodAllisMomDined on 7/10/2014The chef has a real gift. Service goes above and beyond too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sajuVIPDined on 7/10/2014The food was good, but the drinks need work. The cocktails were uninspired and the beer list was also lacking.
- Always fantasticLocalsince01Dined on 7/8/2014Favorite restaurant in Chapel Hill -- always great food, service and experience.
- Tallula'sHungaryDined on 7/5/2014Best restaurant in Chapel Hill; Great atmosphere service and food.Special Features:
- UghWashingtonVIPDined on 7/3/2014The service was lousy, the cocktails were terrible, and the food wasn't anything to write home about. We won't be going back.
- Great food + service, cool rugsShortBeaufortVisitDined on 7/2/2014This was a very nice dinner, and the server was attentive and thoughtful.Special Features:
- Delicious and charmingFussyPatDined on 6/29/2014The food was very flavorful and well-prepared, beautifully presented. (I am no expert in Turkish food, but all the things we had seemed great to me.) The wine list is extensive and sophisticated, with many good choices for wine by the glass. The sour-cherry gin cocktail was terrific. Our server was gracious and attentive without being intrusive. The interior decor is very pleasant, restrooms were very nice. There is some outdoor seating on the sidewalk, though we chose the cooler inside space away from traffic fumes. On a Sunday night, only four tables were occupied at any one time, so the place was delightfully quiet (which is very important to me). We will definitely return when we visit CH in future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- paytonDined on 6/29/2014Went for my seventeen year old daughter's birthday, great for something different. Neat window seats on Franklin st. if you can get them. Bread and Red pepper sauce great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luckyPennyDined on 6/26/2014Talulla's has two window alcoves that are perfect for privacy and conversation. The setting is wonderful, the service was superior, and the food very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerSenchaDined on 6/20/2014I always enjoy my meals here- each dish is flavorful and the Turkish themed cocktails are great. I recommend the sultan's delight and sharing appetizers including the cold mezze platter to get a sampling and some hot appetizers. The service was good and they even gave us a complimentary baklava because it was my friend's birthday! Very nice of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Talulla'sMaryDined on 6/18/2014Tallula's is one of my favorite "go-to" restaurants in Chapel Hill. Love the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good DinnerFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014All freshly prepared food, nothing prepared ahead of time, with a very good waiter. Always interesting to dine al-fresco on Franklin Street!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Talulla's is officially our favorite restaurant in the area! We went for restaurant week, and every part of the meal was delicious and well made, even starting from the bread at the beginning!Special Features:
- A quick trip to TurkeyradsailorDined on 6/6/2014From the moment you walk in the door until you leave, you feel welcomed as family. The menu is diverse. The food is fresh and beautifully presented. Most importantly, the food is absolutely delicious. Service is excellent, but unhurried. All of this makes for a very enjoyable visit to Turkey for a couple of hours.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014Food is great - tasty and fresh. Service is warm and accommodating. Always love going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Brought my wife to Talulla's for Mother's Day & had the 3-course fixed price w/wine pairings. Service was efficient without having staff hover. Salads were fresh & crisp, the lamb and mixed grill entrees were wonderful and the baklava & crème chocolate finished off the meal wonderfully. The wine pairings were good, not great, but did add to the meal. A nice place to bring visitors from outside the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tallula's is WonderfulCamilleDined on 5/10/2014My boyfriend and I booked this reservation for graduation weekend for both our families. We ate a late dinner (8:45) and the food was as wonderful as ever. The set menu price was diverse and included several options for the appetizer, entree, and dessert. Very vegetarian friendly. Our dishes were hot, fresh, and beautifully presented. I recommend Tallula's to anyone planning a romantic date or group meal, especially on special occasions.Special Features:
- Great for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I went to Talulla's for a graduation day lunch and I was pretty impressed with the selection of menu items and friendly waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sultan's TableRiverCoachmanDined on 5/9/2014For an introvert, this is heaven. We shared a pizza and a salad this time. And took home a pint of bread dipping sauce.Special Features:
- taste of TURKEYfoodieVIPDined on 5/8/2014this was EXCEPTIONAL! from the moment we were greeted and allowed to pick our seat, and then the waitress explained a variety of specifics about the menu,,,,,to the arrival and presentation of food.....' till we were beyond satisfied with the exemplary tastes,,and had to leave,,, this entire dining experience was OVER THE TOP PHENOMENAL! the setting transports you to Turkey, awesome lights, decor,,,,the food???well let me say, i cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great mealRoseDined on 5/6/2014I had invited a group from work and the meal and experience was very positive. The food was excellent. The bread and red pepper dip was so delicious. Every one's entree was good as well. I will be back.Special Features:
- The following 316 reviews are from the Talulla's reviews archive.
- Delicious food and great serviceFrequentDinerDined on 5/3/2014We love Talulla's because the food is different than your usual flavors and dishes. It all tastes fresh and made from scratch. The atmosphere is nice and the service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of finalsMarkFDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I arrived in town just before my daughter's last final. I asked her where we should eat, and Talulla's was top of the list. Our server was spot on with everything he recommended, including one of the best desserts I've had. The lamb and fish meals we had were cooked perfectly and so flavorful. We will definitely return, next semester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, AmbienceShruthiDined on 5/2/2014This was my second visit to Tallulas. I love their food and ambience. The last time i had visited this place, we were a party of 6 and we were given the best seats there. It was a corner table with a view of the franklin st. Their mezze platter is excellent. And they provide this complimentary spicy sauce for turkish bread which is mind blowing. We liked all our entrees as well - we had ordered Tallula's Guvec, Mousaka and Etli Bamya. But the star of the show was the dessert - Kreme Chocolate. Superb would be a good way to describe it :) I would definitely like to add that the place is a bit pricey. So I usually visit this place for special occasions.Special Features:
- always delicious!FlacaVIPDined on 4/27/2014I've been coming here to years and I've never been disappointed. There are plenty of vegetarian and meat options, so there's something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Awesomely awesome food that left my taste buds in awe...can't wait to go back again with friends to share the delicious dining experience.Special Features:
- surprisingly good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Was looking for something different and thought we would try Tallula's. We travel from about an hour away and wanted to visit the Chapel Hill area. This was a find! The food was outstanding and service friendly and prompt. The atmosphere is pleasant and inviting. Really felt like a restaurant that would be priced far more expensive. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent vegetarian Turkish food !PrashantDined on 4/6/2014We chose this restaurant based on OpenTable ratings and glad that we did. Based on our server's recommendations, we ordered a nice wheat based draft beer (similar in taste to Blue Moon), Talulla’s Salad, Mezze Platter, Falafel Platter, Kazan Dibi and Creme Chocolate and Turkish coffe. Freshly baked turkish bread was served with roasted red pepper sauce. Everything was incredibly delicious. Nice decor and spacious seating. Good location with outdoor seating for alfresco dining - plenty of parking nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.