456 West Franklin Street
Chapel Hill, NC 27516Neighborhood:
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talullas.com/
- Phone: 9199331177x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Aligül Sevil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Talulla's
When you walk through the shadowed glass doors of Talulla's, an instant transformation begins to occur. Your mind and body begin to relax. Your ears pick up on the eclectic mix of music. Your eyes wonder around the walls, decorated in Turkish rugs; then the ceilings, scattered with warm, unique lighting pieces; then the floors... the dark, hardwood floors; and finally, across the plush seating areas, disguised by cushions and pillows and fabric leisurely draped around the frames.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Talulla's - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
Talulla's reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (33)romantic (32)good for groups (28)special occasion (22)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- great find in Chapel HillarubafanDined on 9/27/2014Sourced Talulla's on Google - restaurants near me. Wanted something original and different. Talulla's met the mark. Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Tallula'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants and we go here for our anniversary dinners and for non-occasions. The wait staff are excellent and very attentive but not intrusive. Food is excellent. At this meal we started with one of our favorites, Baked Hummus. It is delicious with their freshly baked bread and roasted red pepper dipping sauce. For our entries we ordered another favorite, Sultan's Delight, and tried a new dish for us, Talulla's Guvec. Both dishes were prepared expertly, were presented beautifully, and were delicious!! We have never been disappointed at Talulla's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday Dinner!FinstwrtDined on 9/20/20145 of us enjoyed our small plates and 3 ordered an entree. Save up your calories, the bread is awesome and they will bring it until you say stop. The small plates we had were all good, we both enjoyed the shrimp. We should have told the waiter 4 of us were 1st timers but we didn't so he didn't explain the menu but we didn't ask. We did mention that it was someone's birthday and they provided a nice complementary dessert to share.Special Features:
- Marvelous experience!SweetLifeDined on 9/20/2014We were greeted warmly and brought to the table that I had requested through Open Table. Love the curtained booth by the window! Our server was excellent - beautiful smile, patient and spot-on with her recommendations. Baked hummus, mixed appetizer platter, lamb chops, two lamb specials, Turkish margaritas and apricot drinks, baklava and more -- every bit was fantastic. Such a memorable time! We'll be back again soon and we can't wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service; Aromatic spicesThirdTimeDined on 9/18/2014The service was excelent and attentive. Helpful explanations of dishes not well known to American palates. The use of ingredients and spices make for an adventuresome and enjoyable meal. We particularly like the mezze plates so that we can sample more of the offerings withou overindulging. Four mezzes with their bread and dipping sauce, ending with Turkish coffee, completely filled us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful surpriseYeswecanDined on 9/16/2014We had booked a table at a notable restaurant in Raleigh - too tired to make the trip after a day of sightseeing, so we booked at Talullah's. What a happy change of plans! Every single detail, from our lovely window nook, to the fantastic waiter, to the divine Turkish food - all was top notch. We will be sure to put it on our itinerary the next time we come to Chapel Hill, and we will be telling our friends about it too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date nightJDS24Dined on 9/7/2014My fiancée and I had a wonderful time here. Food was delicious and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We went for a birthday celebration as a group of girls. It is everything we are hoping for and more.Special Features:
- TBMCLTDined on 9/6/2014I love Turkey and Turkish food. Talullah's was a great find. Excellent menu, very friendly staff and the food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep ReturningArturoDined on 9/2/2014We have eaten here several times--the first time after our visit to Turkey in 2011. Their cuisine resembles what we ate throughout Turkey as much as any we have tasted since returning. We chose it recently to celebrate a BIG wedding anniversary. A can't-miss treat, in my opinion. ArturoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!KitScattVIPDined on 8/30/2014Really enjoyed our visit. I'd not had Turkish food before, so this was such a delightfully interesting experience. The food was wonderful and the service was spot on. I really enjoyed the Manti and the Sultan's Delight. I also had the Sultan's margarita which is great if you love black licorice. I would not recommend it otherwise. Give this place a try! I think I've found my new favorite in Chapel Hill.Special Features:
- FunlovefoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Don't let the Turkish part scare you away…it's universally delicious food whether you like fish, meat or are vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Turkish Delight!CuisineQueenDined on 8/17/2014The food here is always outstanding, trust the staff with recommendations, they know their food very well. The service is impeccable and we always feel very welcome. The perfect place for a romantic meal or a date with friends. We like how the tables have space, you don't feel crammed in with other diners. Always end the evening with baklava!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findTraveling4FoodDined on 8/12/2014Really enjoyed dining at Talullah's! The service was excellent with great recommendations for what to order. I ate outside, which is along the somewhat busy sidewalk. Inside looked cozy and friendly. I tried four different mezzas that were all delicious.Special Features:
- Love Talulla'sfoodloverDined on 8/10/2014This is one of our favorite places to eat a casual but delicious Turkish meal and they never disappoint. We also like the ambience and the service there. It's a very warm and inviting place to dine.Special Features:
- Turkish DelightKaanDined on 8/9/2014Talulla's is my favorite restaurant in Chapel Hill. If you enjoy amazing food and great atmosphere, then you should probably eat here ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful discoveryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We loved Tallulah from the moment we entered--the walls with their Anatolian carpets and the evening lighting make this a romantic space. The food held up to our expectations--we had been told this was one of the best places to eat in Chapel Hill. The mezze platters offer variety but are not too big, allowing you to order a main course as well. Among the mains, the grilled branzino and the delicious layered eggplant dish were really the standouts. The winelist is deep and varied, too. All in all a lovely time.Special Features:
- Great place and good food!jaa03Dined on 8/8/2014Very good ambiance, helpful servers and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllisMomDined on 8/1/2014The experience was great as always. One of our favorite places to dine. Great vegetarian options too. For instance, try the moussaka topped with best bechamel sauce ever.Special Features:
- Fresh and deliciousradsailorDined on 7/25/2014We have been to Talullah's three times in several months. After the first visit, we were treated like old friends. The service is very friendly. I have ordered something different each time I ate there and each dish was fresh and wonderful. I had never eaten Turkish food before so I was a little wary, but now I look forward to returning often. On a side note, the steaming hot bread with a special dipping sauce that is brought to the table is itself worth the visit.Special Features:
- SALUTEJISSVIPDined on 7/20/2014Enjoyed Talulla's a great deal on both of my recent visits. The food is very fresh and and prepared with great flavors. A wide variety of options that will meet everyone's appetite. I recommend the fresh catch, outstanding. The wait staff is very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend a great dining experience in Chapel Hill. (note: outside dining creates the feeling like you are in a european cafe) well done.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Went here with a group of 10 for a friend's birthday. Service was awesome and they handled our large group really well. The food was SO GOOD- I can't believe I've never been here before having lived in Chapel Hill for so long. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great. Had a great appetizer. Both entrees were great as well. Wonderful service and a great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous foodAllisMomDined on 7/10/2014The chef has a real gift. Service goes above and beyond too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sajuVIPDined on 7/10/2014The food was good, but the drinks need work. The cocktails were uninspired and the beer list was also lacking.
- Always fantasticLocalsince01Dined on 7/8/2014Favorite restaurant in Chapel Hill -- always great food, service and experience.
- Tallula'sHungaryDined on 7/5/2014Best restaurant in Chapel Hill; Great atmosphere service and food.Special Features:
- UghWashingtonVIPDined on 7/3/2014The service was lousy, the cocktails were terrible, and the food wasn't anything to write home about. We won't be going back.
- Great food + service, cool rugsShortBeaufortVisitDined on 7/2/2014This was a very nice dinner, and the server was attentive and thoughtful.Special Features:
- Delicious and charmingFussyPatDined on 6/29/2014The food was very flavorful and well-prepared, beautifully presented. (I am no expert in Turkish food, but all the things we had seemed great to me.) The wine list is extensive and sophisticated, with many good choices for wine by the glass. The sour-cherry gin cocktail was terrific. Our server was gracious and attentive without being intrusive. The interior decor is very pleasant, restrooms were very nice. There is some outdoor seating on the sidewalk, though we chose the cooler inside space away from traffic fumes. On a Sunday night, only four tables were occupied at any one time, so the place was delightfully quiet (which is very important to me). We will definitely return when we visit CH in future.I would recommend this to a friend.
- paytonDined on 6/29/2014Went for my seventeen year old daughter's birthday, great for something different. Neat window seats on Franklin st. if you can get them. Bread and Red pepper sauce great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 329 reviews are from the Talulla's reviews archive.
- luckyPennyDined on 6/26/2014Talulla's has two window alcoves that are perfect for privacy and conversation. The setting is wonderful, the service was superior, and the food very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerSenchaDined on 6/20/2014I always enjoy my meals here- each dish is flavorful and the Turkish themed cocktails are great. I recommend the sultan's delight and sharing appetizers including the cold mezze platter to get a sampling and some hot appetizers. The service was good and they even gave us a complimentary baklava because it was my friend's birthday! Very nice of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Talulla'sMaryDined on 6/18/2014Tallula's is one of my favorite "go-to" restaurants in Chapel Hill. Love the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good DinnerFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014All freshly prepared food, nothing prepared ahead of time, with a very good waiter. Always interesting to dine al-fresco on Franklin Street!Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Talulla's is officially our favorite restaurant in the area! We went for restaurant week, and every part of the meal was delicious and well made, even starting from the bread at the beginning!Special Features:
- A quick trip to TurkeyradsailorDined on 6/6/2014From the moment you walk in the door until you leave, you feel welcomed as family. The menu is diverse. The food is fresh and beautifully presented. Most importantly, the food is absolutely delicious. Service is excellent, but unhurried. All of this makes for a very enjoyable visit to Turkey for a couple of hours.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014Food is great - tasty and fresh. Service is warm and accommodating. Always love going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Brought my wife to Talulla's for Mother's Day & had the 3-course fixed price w/wine pairings. Service was efficient without having staff hover. Salads were fresh & crisp, the lamb and mixed grill entrees were wonderful and the baklava & crème chocolate finished off the meal wonderfully. The wine pairings were good, not great, but did add to the meal. A nice place to bring visitors from outside the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tallula's is WonderfulCamilleDined on 5/10/2014My boyfriend and I booked this reservation for graduation weekend for both our families. We ate a late dinner (8:45) and the food was as wonderful as ever. The set menu price was diverse and included several options for the appetizer, entree, and dessert. Very vegetarian friendly. Our dishes were hot, fresh, and beautifully presented. I recommend Tallula's to anyone planning a romantic date or group meal, especially on special occasions.Special Features: