210 West Washington Square
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talulasgarden.com/
- Phone: 2155927787x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Mcpaul
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Celebrate the New Year with your loved ones at the Garden! On New Year's Eve we will be offering our a la carte menu with luxurious additions, or indulge with a hyper-seasonal tasting menu. Bubbly wines and delicious wine pairings will be available! Reserve now before it's too late!
A word from Talula’s Garden
Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Talula’s Garden - Best Restaurants in Washington Square ›
Talula’s Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
710 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (564)fit for foodies (535)special occasion (484)romantic (395)neighborhood gem (290)great for brunch (182)hot spot (177)notable wine list (147)good for groups (111)scenic view (94)vibrant bar scene (57)great for lunch (51)late-night find (38)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- Food and ServiceBalaDined on 9/28/2014The food was outstanding. There are many expensive good restaurants in Philly but Talula's is worth returning to again and again. Service and attention to details and satisfaction was impeccable.Special Features:
- With teenagersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Went to celebrate daughters birthday and the restaurant read the note in open table that we were celebrating. That was nice and both our teenagers really loved the food and experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return visitsSeniorcitizenVIPDined on 9/28/2014As always, a lovely dining experience. High praise for the staff, especially our server, Nalini. The food was delicious - a bit expensive considering the size of the portions, and I am not a big eater. I had the cod and my husband the duck. Imaginative sauces and accompaniments. It is nice that the menu is changed to optimize the seasonal foods. We had the gingerbread "thing" for dessert. We will certainly return, but not as a neighborhood gem as it is too expensive.Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Everything was great! If you want an overall great experience then this is the place to be! I especially loved my steak and eggs; it was a spin in a traditional dish. Shiso peppers and corn chow chow made this dis special! We had fried pumpkin pie too which was uuh-mazing!! Service was perfect! The manager came to make sure we were doing well. We would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positively DelightfulthekernlDined on 9/27/2014From start to finish, this charming restaurant aims to delight. The beginning cheese courses are fabulous. Entrees are interesting and well designed and beautifully presented. But be sure to save room for dessert. The candy bar and the apple crisp are not to be missed. Oh, and the service is as wonderful as the food. We will most definitely find our way back next time we visit Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014We came here for my wife's birthday. We have been several times and can always count on great serive and fabulous food. We were not disappointed - a really great night. Even when we begged off desert because we just could not fit it in, our server delivered 2 salted caramels with a candle to wish her happy birthday. A really special night.Special Features:
- go here!MagdalenaJDined on 9/25/2014The waiter we had, Pete, was amazing! He knew so much about the menu and made great suggestions! The food was excellent. The mushrooms were the best ingredient! The ricotta ravioli are to die for. I especially loved the atmosphere here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetable heavy elegant spotSexyDiningCompanionVIPDined on 9/25/2014Farm-to-table restaurant that ISN'T too granola. Elegant and dim, great for a first date. The side dishes were especially good. It was drizzling or else we would have sit outside. The garden is lovely when you first walk through and we hope to come back again on another day with better weather. Really neat place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tripMnrobertsonDined on 9/24/2014My wife was having surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital and I was staying nearby at the Morris House Hotel. I wanted something close by so I decided to giv Talula's Garden a shot. It exceeded my expectations. It's a very cool place, food was great, service was very good. And as others have said, very good cheese plate. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerEasyEdDined on 9/24/2014This was our 5th time to dine here and as usual we had a great dinner with great service. Their cheese plate is always good. I had the duck for thr first time and it was very good. My guest had the trout as I have had and it was also very good.Special Features:
- Top of my listanni2013Dined on 9/24/2014We love Talula's. The food is always amazing, and changes with the seasons. The Cheese plates are always perfect, and the service couldn't have been betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special PlaceDavek36Dined on 9/23/2014After having dined at Talula's Table for many years, I had no doubt the food would be incredible, and it was just that. The cheese menu is really special and the evolving menu will allow you to revisit and never have to order the same dish twice. But at the Table, they serve only 2 Tables per evening, so I was eager to see the transisition to "mass market" service. Well, it was seamless! Our server Nemoly (?) was emppassioned about Talula's, the food and us. She was terrific, as was the execution of the support team and management. The restaurant itself is stunning, inside and out. This is a must do place, right on Washington Sq. Have fun!Special Features:
- Great restaurantFoodLoverDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I went to Talula's for our anniversary and had a wonderful evening--restaurant was excellent start to finish, great/interesting food, our server was very knowledgeable and thoughtful in his descriptions--highly recommended.Special Features:
- AwesomeBrewerLarryDined on 9/23/2014What a treat! Our Server Chris was EXCELLENT. We asked him to choose our meal (something we do often) and he did not disappoint. Wonderful experience and we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talula's is a hit!DrJonVIPDined on 9/23/2014My daughter and I enjoyed a pre-theater dinner in the garden at Talula's that was perfect. The new fall menu was outstanding (especially the pork belly) and the service superb. This was my second visit here and it will remain on the top of my list.Special Features:
- outsidedinerVIPDined on 9/21/2014Delicious food in a very pleasant setting inside and outside.Special Features:
- Great for special BirthdayPsychDocVIPDined on 9/21/2014If you give the pastry chef 48 hours advance notice you could make your own cake. It was a wonderful experience and the outside garden searing at night was absolutely beautiful. I will definately be returning to this gem.I took my girlfriend for her birthday and she said it was the best she has ever had. Thank you Talula's Garden. You made for a very special night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dissapointsMicahBVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is probably around our 6th visit or so to Talula's Garden (we frequent Talula's Daily a bit more). It always delivers a fine dining experience, with unique entrée options and variety. I never miss getting one of the cheese plates. The mushroom and oyster appetizers were both superb. I particularly enjoyed the skirt steak with heirloom tomato entrée. There was a heavy group of seafood and pasta selections for the non-meat eater too. The meal is not inexpensive. But there were no complaints about the quality of food or service. On a Sunday evening, the place was still packed. It provides a gourmet menu with a nice ambiance. If it was a little less muggy, we would have opted for the popular outdoor garden seating.Special Features:
- A favoriteAngelaVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is becoming a favorite restaurant. My daughter requested we go here for her birthday and she wasn't disappointed. Make sure you try a flight of cheese!Special Features:
- Wonderful Brunchpezz77VIPDined on 9/21/2014I love coming to Talula's Garden for brunch. Their handmade donuts are AH-MAZING and their cocktail selection always impresses. I've been here for brunch a handful of times and never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Beautiful birthday dinner!pocolovesbillDined on 9/20/2014Delicious and savory meal, great presentations and portions, while appearing modest, were surprisingly filling. Loved everything we ordered and Maria from Russia was both lovely and helpful from appetizers to wine selections. Loved everything and will definitely be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratory eveninglilyVIPDined on 9/20/2014i took a friend from LA out for her birthday to Talula's Garden and she was thrilled with the ambiance, food and overall dinner. We sat outdoors under a beautiful sky and had exceptional weather. While it is expensive, at least when you leave you feel like you have had a wonderful dining experience and tasted delicious foods. I would return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great meal, beautiful eveningAnonymousVIPDined on 9/20/2014When the weather's right, it's a pleasure to spend the night outdoors at Talula's Garden. Food is wonderful, service is just right. A memorable evening.Special Features:
- Must Go!GalohpaDined on 9/20/2014Amazing evening. Great food and outstanding service. Looking forward to going back soon. Reservations a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the better places in philaexrestauranteurDined on 9/19/2014Food was absolutely pleasing and delicious with combinations that surprise the taste buds. The environment casual classy. The cocktails outstanding. The outdoor section a must. overall great dining experience and a good place to have a few drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time as charming as the firstUNCgradfamDined on 9/19/2014This past weekend was the third time I had the pleasure of dining at Talula's Garden. The first time I dined here, I was accompanied by Philly foodies who knew to expect awesomeness. Never before had I been served a cheese plate and accompaniments like what TG serves. Oh my! divine! From delightful beginnings to delicious endings, we thoroughly enjoyed every sip and bite. The special meal stayed on our memory, so before the week was up, we returned :) We sat out at the bar in the inviting garden this time. Our intentions were just to come for a glass of wine and a cheese plate, but we left room for some of their absolute freshest tasting mint ice cream and a warm sticky bun. Happily two months later, we had the opportunity to return. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Atmosphere amazingDavidandJodiDined on 9/19/2014We dined here for the second time. We went with the tasting menu, which was tons of food. It did take quite a while (3 hours approx) but was a great way to sample everything they had and could do.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceDoc1VIPDined on 9/19/2014Fine quality of the offerings and outstanding service. We have dined here several times and each time it seems to get better!Special Features:
- Still my favoriteMattVIPDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I have made it a habit to go to Talula's for as many special occasions as we can. When it's not a special occasion, it becomes one the second we walk in the door. The menu is always exciting and delicious, and the service is always an A+. We even had a phenomenal busser this time. Top to bottom, my favorite restaurant in Philadelphia. Get the S'mores cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal.MKozVIPDined on 9/18/2014Third time, but every time a charm. Excellent food and service. Everything fresh and unique. Enjoyed the seafood dishes. Save room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at TalulasCandyGirlVIPDined on 9/18/2014Of all the reviews of Talula's Garden the only complaints were about the valet parking. We opted to forgo the valet. They have a cheese plate menu with different selections or you can select your own cheeses. The gnocci was perfectly done and not gummy as I've had at some places. As was the seared diver scallops. They were tender and perfectly cooked and not sandy. The plum marmalade was tad sweet for the pairing with sugared donuts, but who cares? It was a wonderful meal. The service was attentive but not overly so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Menu and wine tasting was delicious and so much fun! our server and sommelier made our anniversary diner even more special. Great food,great decor,and awesome staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperiencebgkessDined on 9/16/2014This is the first time I ate at Talula's Garden and would definitely return. The food is very good, the service was very attentive but not overbearing. The seasonal menu had mostly fish entrees and I would have liked a few other choices other than the one chicken or pork, but the trout I ordered was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dinningSusanlovesNYCDined on 9/14/2014Great for outdoor dinning and the food was delicious especially the chicken dish! The inside of the restaurant was really nice too! You must try one of the cheese plates it was wonderful!!!! I will definitely be back next time I'm in Philadelphia!Special Features:
- Great but priceyHighStandardsFoodieDined on 9/14/2014I've been here a few times now. It's really great, a guaranteed good meal. It is very expensive though for those of us who are spoiled with Philadelphia's great variety of great and reasonably priced restaurants. Its very difficult for two people to get out of here without spending at least 140$. Of course I'll be back though, I would like to dine outside, its really gorgeous out there. Also, had the goose neck barnacles for an appetizer, they were very very messy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Brunch Spotdinnerfor2Dined on 9/14/2014Loved it! The menu is very creative and a nice change from the usually offerings. Will be returning..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazed againmanderson426Dined on 9/14/2014just had brunch on 9/14 for my friends bday, this is our second visit and it was just as amazing as the first. If you enjoy food, you certainly will appreciate the many delicious offerings...our table had their special burger with egg, cheese, bacon , sautéed onions ...always a hit plus an order of the eggs benedict cooked to perfection and the crepes ..of course, the special home donuts and a breakfast special of lox with homemade bagel and chive cream cheese..yummy...and of course, many gypsy margaritas and bloody Mary's...we sat outside which offers heat lamps...nice touch..service always accommodating and well attentive to the needs of our table...can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Garden Fresh DiningLisaDined on 9/14/2014Another great meal at Talula's Garden. We went with friends and enjoyed a wonderful Sunday brunch. I had the egg frittata with potatoes and a spicy bloody Mary. I highly recommend for dinner or bruch, everything is simple, yet amazingly layered with flavor.Special Features:
- Very Near PerfectwarewithallDined on 9/14/2014Talula's is such a treat.......wonderful menu....wonderful and friendly staff........beautiful inside and out. Our server Chris was attentive but not overtly. Just right. Started with Bakery Trio which was filled with great scones, walnut zucchini muffins and other savory treats. Wonderful spicy Bloody Mary and Eggs Bennie on their OWN house made English Muffin. Frittata's are fantastic. Berry Pancakes...the best I have ever had. Spending a beautiful Sunday afternoon sitting in that gorgeous restaurant eating that wonderful food all served by the friendly staff? It just doesn't get any better then that.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our 1st experience here. Delicious food, excellent wait service, beautiful atmosphere. The only issue was that, although a reservation was made, I feel we should not have been told that outdoor dining was on a first come, first served, basis. Also, there is not a sufficient area to wait. The only place to sit was at the bar. Considering we were not interested in ordering an alcoholic beverage, it was not the most comfortable situation. Otherwise, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features: