210 West Washington Square
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talulasgarden.com/
- Phone: 2155927787x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Mcpaul
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Celebrate the New Year with your loved ones at the Garden! On New Year's Eve we will be offering our a la carte menu with luxurious additions, or indulge with a hyper-seasonal tasting menu. Bubbly wines and delicious wine pairings will be available! Reserve now before it's too late!
A word from Talula’s Garden
Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Talula’s Garden - Best Restaurants in Washington Square ›
Talula’s Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
700 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (553)fit for foodies (519)special occasion (468)romantic (383)neighborhood gem (279)great for brunch (181)hot spot (169)notable wine list (140)good for groups (111)scenic view (94)vibrant bar scene (57)great for lunch (52)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (19)Show More
- celebratory eveninglilyVIPDined on 9/20/2014i took a friend from LA out for her birthday to Talula's Garden and she was thrilled with the ambiance, food and overall dinner. We sat outdoors under a beautiful sky and had exceptional weather. While it is expensive, at least when you leave you feel like you have had a wonderful dining experience and tasted delicious foods. I would return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great meal, beautiful eveningAnonymousVIPDined on 9/20/2014When the weather's right, it's a pleasure to spend the night outdoors at Talula's Garden. Food is wonderful, service is just right. A memorable evening.Special Features:
- Must Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014Amazing evening. Great food and outstanding service. Looking forward to going back soon. Reservations a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the better places in philaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food was absolutely pleasing and delicious with combinations that surprise the taste buds. The environment casual classy. The cocktails outstanding. The outdoor section a must. overall great dining experience and a good place to have a few drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time as charming as the firstUNCgradfamDined on 9/19/2014This past weekend was the third time I had the pleasure of dining at Talula's Garden. The first time I dined here, I was accompanied by Philly foodies who knew to expect awesomeness. Never before had I been served a cheese plate and accompaniments like what TG serves. Oh my! divine! From delightful beginnings to delicious endings, we thoroughly enjoyed every sip and bite. The special meal stayed on our memory, so before the week was up, we returned :) We sat out at the bar in the inviting garden this time. Our intentions were just to come for a glass of wine and a cheese plate, but we left room for some of their absolute freshest tasting mint ice cream and a warm sticky bun. Happily two months later, we had the opportunity to return. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Atmosphere amazingDavidandJodiDined on 9/19/2014We dined here for the second time. We went with the tasting menu, which was tons of food. It did take quite a while (3 hours approx) but was a great way to sample everything they had and could do.Special Features:
- Superb dining experienceDoc1VIPDined on 9/19/2014Fine quality of the offerings and outstanding service. We have dined here several times and each time it seems to get better!Special Features:
- Another great meal.MKozVIPDined on 9/18/2014Third time, but every time a charm. Excellent food and service. Everything fresh and unique. Enjoyed the seafood dishes. Save room for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at TalulasCandyGirlVIPDined on 9/18/2014Of all the reviews of Talula's Garden the only complaints were about the valet parking. We opted to forgo the valet. They have a cheese plate menu with different selections or you can select your own cheeses. The gnocci was perfectly done and not gummy as I've had at some places. As was the seared diver scallops. They were tender and perfectly cooked and not sandy. The plum marmalade was tad sweet for the pairing with sugared donuts, but who cares? It was a wonderful meal. The service was attentive but not overly so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ExperiencebgkessDined on 9/16/2014This is the first time I ate at Talula's Garden and would definitely return. The food is very good, the service was very attentive but not overbearing. The seasonal menu had mostly fish entrees and I would have liked a few other choices other than the one chicken or pork, but the trout I ordered was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dinningSusanlovesNYCDined on 9/14/2014Great for outdoor dinning and the food was delicious especially the chicken dish! The inside of the restaurant was really nice too! You must try one of the cheese plates it was wonderful!!!! I will definitely be back next time I'm in Philadelphia!Special Features:
- Great but priceyHighStandardsFoodieDined on 9/14/2014I've been here a few times now. It's really great, a guaranteed good meal. It is very expensive though for those of us who are spoiled with Philadelphia's great variety of great and reasonably priced restaurants. Its very difficult for two people to get out of here without spending at least 140$. Of course I'll be back though, I would like to dine outside, its really gorgeous out there. Also, had the goose neck barnacles for an appetizer, they were very very messy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Brunch Spotdinnerfor2Dined on 9/14/2014Loved it! The menu is very creative and a nice change from the usually offerings. Will be returning..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazed againmanderson426Dined on 9/14/2014just had brunch on 9/14 for my friends bday, this is our second visit and it was just as amazing as the first. If you enjoy food, you certainly will appreciate the many delicious offerings...our table had their special burger with egg, cheese, bacon , sautéed onions ...always a hit plus an order of the eggs benedict cooked to perfection and the crepes ..of course, the special home donuts and a breakfast special of lox with homemade bagel and chive cream cheese..yummy...and of course, many gypsy margaritas and bloody Mary's...we sat outside which offers heat lamps...nice touch..service always accommodating and well attentive to the needs of our table...can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Garden Fresh DiningLisaDined on 9/14/2014Another great meal at Talula's Garden. We went with friends and enjoyed a wonderful Sunday brunch. I had the egg frittata with potatoes and a spicy bloody Mary. I highly recommend for dinner or bruch, everything is simple, yet amazingly layered with flavor.Special Features:
- Very Near PerfectwarewithallDined on 9/14/2014Talula's is such a treat.......wonderful menu....wonderful and friendly staff........beautiful inside and out. Our server Chris was attentive but not overtly. Just right. Started with Bakery Trio which was filled with great scones, walnut zucchini muffins and other savory treats. Wonderful spicy Bloody Mary and Eggs Bennie on their OWN house made English Muffin. Frittata's are fantastic. Berry Pancakes...the best I have ever had. Spending a beautiful Sunday afternoon sitting in that gorgeous restaurant eating that wonderful food all served by the friendly staff? It just doesn't get any better then that.Special Features:
- Excellent Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our 1st experience here. Delicious food, excellent wait service, beautiful atmosphere. The only issue was that, although a reservation was made, I feel we should not have been told that outdoor dining was on a first come, first served, basis. Also, there is not a sufficient area to wait. The only place to sit was at the bar. Considering we were not interested in ordering an alcoholic beverage, it was not the most comfortable situation. Otherwise, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- WonderfulScarletteDined on 9/14/2014Talula's Garden is a culinary delight for Brunch. Tasty cocktails, new takes on old favorites, and both savory and sweet dishes. The Garden and the restaurant are pleasant and the service is always excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchMCDadDined on 9/14/2014Sunday brunch was fantastic. We had the breakfast pastry trio to start, and all three were delicious. I had the breakfast burger, and it did not disappoint. It was cooked perfectly medium-rare and the bacon adorning it was fantastic. The roasted breakfast potatoes accompanying it were equally delicious. They were crispy and nicely seasoned. Wife had the frittata, which I did not sample, but she said was delicious. We have been for dinner several times, and will most definitely be back for both dinner and brunch in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFresnofoodieDined on 9/13/2014We were looking forward to this restaurant based on the menu and the "organic" theme, but the overall experience was disappointing. The dining room was so loud and crowded, it was hard to hear each other. The presentation on the plates was nice, but the flavor was mediocre, especially considering the price. My fish was overcooked and not very fresh. The only good thing we had was goat cheese ravioli. For the price and the city, there are definitely better places to go.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Tasting menu with wine pairing was superb- the sommelier was particularly knowledgeable about all the wines. Somewhat of a splurge but well worth it!Special Features:
- In a word...PERFECTION.DMB18Dined on 9/12/2014I am embarrassed to say that despite my desire and hope to do so long before, my first visit to TG was in June. I have been back 2 times since and every time and blown away by the whole package. The food is incredible..."Farm to Table"-esque but done in a sophistication that is simply perfect. The outdoor dining option (when weather permits) makes the experience that much more enjoyable and makes you feel as if you are in a fairytale. The staff, from bussers to servers to management are well trained, pleasant, friendly and a delight. I love, love, love this restaurant and will come back often. I don't often leave my neighborhood (which is on the other side of the city) but for this restaurant I will...every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa2013Dined on 9/12/2014The garden was full and indoors was rather noisy Wine was good. Blue fish as the main course for two of us and one the crispy pork belly. In each case it was good. My gnochi starter was at bit disapppinting but my wife enjoyed ribbon pasta and our third member very much enjoyed fried oysters.Special Features:
- Simply StunningsavoryswagDined on 9/11/2014The outdoor bar was fun, the atmosphere is beautiful, and the food was well portioned and exceptional. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love it!!FunkaliciousVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is probably just our favorite spot in the city. It never lets us down and the food is out if this world!Special Features:
- Never a disappointmentElysgirlDined on 9/11/2014As always the "garden" never let's me down. It is so pretty, the fresh menu is seasonably delicious from appetizer to dessert and the wine list is great. The service is efficient, friendly and knowledgable. Truly one of my top 5 favorite spits in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queenVIPDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful service and great food, server was helpful since it was our first time thereSpecial Features:
- Great FindJohnKDined on 9/10/2014While we were visiting Philadelphia, we were lucky to find this gem. Everything was great. The menu was a bit different than we are used to, but we were both very pleased with our meals. Service was top notch too.Special Features:
- Go to eat - not to parkgswcDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding restaurant in all regards. Sadly, their valet service put a sour note on an otherwise delightful evening. God only knows where they park your car. It took over 25 minutes for them to deliver our car - with only one other couple waiting (just as long!). The head valet's response was nasty. He told us next time to order our car when we order dessert. Sounds like this is a frequent occurrence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Philly GemDiningDivaDined on 9/8/2014Have nothing but praise from our welcome, seating, entire service staff and every course from starter to dessert and all was perfect and delicious. The cappucino was weak but the French press was excellent. Would return as often as possible. Wines by the glass were limited but sufficient choices, though a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Lovely!!DISAPPOINTEDVIPDined on 9/8/2014A wonderful dining experience! We had a terrific server who is very attentive to detail. It would be lovely to have a dessert for chocoholics!!:):)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great first experienceMichaelDined on 9/7/2014We had heard so many wonderful things about Talula's Garden, that we were excited to have dinner there. Often, when things are highly recommended, we can place it in such high regard that disappointment is inevitable. Not at Tulula's Garden. Although we were not assigned the best table in the restaurant, we were fortunate to have a great server. Gillian was fabulous, patient and knowledgeable. She kept checking on us without being overbearing and the entire staff worked well anticipating our every need. We ordered a cheese plate, a starter, entrees, dessert and coffee. Everything we ordered, without exception, was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special place!DeboDined on 9/7/2014Dining at Talulah's was a special treat. Our waitress was very knowledegable, the outdoor dining setting was lovely, and the food was really outstanding. We loved it! Only wish it wasn't so difficult to get a reservation to go back. Exceeded our expectations.Special Features:
- A consistent gemjrghistoryVIPDined on 9/7/2014The first time I dined in the spot Talula's Garden inhabits was for a pop-up, Stephen Starr trying to make use of the Washington Square space he had originally set up for Marcus Samuelson. Amazingly, I still remember what I ate that night. After Aimee Olexy decided to follow up her popu-up and take permanent residence, I became a fan, a regular, if inconsistent, visitor. Each meal brings new surprises. My wife and I decided on a whim to spend our Sunday evening at Talula's, and we loved it. Service was impeccable. Each course was remarkable and delicious. And of course, the cheese plate, Olexy's speciality, is de rigueur. Can't wait for the next visit. My tuna crudo appetizer was one of the best dishes I've had this year.Special Features:
- Great Birthday celebration!LG55Dined on 9/7/2014A friend had suggested Talula's Garden to me for dinner after a show at the Forrest Theatre. She described it as "her favorite " place to eat and after experiencing a fabulous dinner and birthday celebration at Talula's I can understand why. We arrived a little early for our 5 o'clock reservation so we were able to dine outside. Our waiter Jonathan was wonderful and knew the menu well, he made a great cheese plate recommendation and helped me choose my dinner. Each of us in our dinner group had wonderful,delicious meals and topped it off with incrediable desserts! I have not stopped talking about our experience , I would recommend Talula's to a friend and we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Day in the CourtyardRaggyboysVIPDined on 9/7/2014Had brunch on a beautiful September morning weather was great and courtyard is lovely. Terrific service and wonderful food only negative I could say is that it is a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Awesome BrunchKathyMDined on 9/7/2014I went with 2 girlfriends on 9/7/14 for brunch before a show at the Forrest Theatre. We were seated outside. Waitstaff was super attentive and friendly. I had the portabello mushroom eggs benedict and it was delicious. Potatoes were extra cripsy and also delicious. My friends had teh breakfast burger and the frittata. Both got rave reviews. Always wanted to try Tulalas Garden and I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJay1206Dined on 9/6/2014Our intentions were to sit outside on the awesome patio but due to weather we were forced to dine inside. The food and service was very good. I really think the patio dining would have really added to the overall experience but no one can predict the weather.Special Features:
- WonderfulMikeDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Talula's Garden, and feel so lucky to have gotten a table. It was our first visit, and there will absolutely be more. Everything about our experience was perfect: the food was incredible and the service was attentive without being disruptive of our conversation. All in all, I can't think of a single thing to improve upon. A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014I was so excited to have dinner and sit outside because of the great reviews. The pork belly almost seemed like a dry pork chop and the blue fish was equally not impressive. Pasta was amazing and the sides were good, although there could have been more ricotta with the beets.Special Features: