210 West Washington Square
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talulasgarden.com/
- Phone: (215) 592-7787
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Celebrate the New Year with your loved ones at the Garden! On New Year's Eve we will be offering our a la carte menu with luxurious additions, or indulge with a hyper-seasonal tasting menu. Bubbly wines and delicious wine pairings will be available! Reserve now before it's too late!
A word from Talula’s Garden
Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Talula’s Garden - Best Restaurants in Washington Square ›
Talula’s Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
651 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (524)great for outdoor dining (514)special occasion (445)romantic (341)neighborhood gem (297)hot spot (188)great for brunch (172)notable wine list (138)good for groups (117)scenic view (73)great for lunch (53)vibrant bar scene (36)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- Your always welcomedschwaggy46Dined on 11/17/2014Josh makes sure if that. I don't come here as much as I like to as the city offers so many great restaurants but Taluas garden is my favorite simply because your always treated warmly and the food is changing with the seasons, interesting and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth it!MaryWVIPDined on 11/13/2014Amazing food, excellent drinks, great wait staff. Kitchen was slow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2014Everything about Talula's Garden was great. Sadly the portions are very small, so you will leave wishing for more. Relation: price vs quantity not balanced. Quality was very good, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positively PerfectOttawanDined on 11/10/2014Wonderful evening. Superb taster's menu. Staff kindness and attention were on par with food excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special place....murrVIPDined on 11/10/2014Truly a Garden of Earthly Delights! Staff delightful and very informed.... Cheese selection quite special, and everything - from starters to mains to desserts - memorable...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014talula's garden is expensive but worth every penny. the chocolate chip banana pancakes might just be the best thing i've ever put it my mouth.Special Features:
- Watch the upsellDKPhillyDined on 11/9/2014Talula's was nice and I can see how it would be very desirable in the warmer weather to sit outside. The food was good, but maybe not quite worth the prices. There were many significant pushes for upsells though. The waiter was always trying to push add-ons, which became a little annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!tropwesVIPDined on 11/9/2014I always feel amazing after spending time at Talula's Garden. The menu is fresh, the adjectives may be a touch overdone... but the food and the atmosphere are really superb. On this trip, it was just a simple romantic brunch. It's a shame it wasn't just a little warmer so we could sit outside.Special Features:
- Fantastic brunch!!MargosingDined on 11/9/2014There were so many amazing choices. The French press coffee was delicious. The service was perfect. Make sure to visit the market too. A wonderful bakery and great gift items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, poor seating choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2014We really enjoyed our meal, and the food and service were excellent. My only complaint is that they seated the next couple to arrive right next to us (barely 18 inches away) even though there were plenty of empty tables all around us. Why not start at the outside and move in as more and more people arrive, allowing people to have some space for as long as possible? It's a small point, but it really does make a difference to your experience if you're sitting right next to strangers and hearing every word of their conversation when there are free tables all around.Special Features:
- WonderfulDoublehDined on 11/8/2014Took my bff here for her birthday and the food and service were spectacular. The mezzaluna with lamb was delicious as were the warm ricotta donuts. Loved the garden entrance. Too bad it was too cold to eat outside.Special Features:
- delightfulkindofafoodsnobDined on 11/7/2014Food and service are great. It's a boisterous atmosphere- not good for a quiet romantic evening if that's what you want. We did have one dish come out that wasn't quite as hot as it should have been, and the cheese sampling platters, although terrific, have kind of stingy portions for the price.Special Features:
- Loved it!!DrovefromjerseyDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant was everything I heard it would be. The atmosphere was beautiful, the service impeccable, the menu was varied and interesting and the food was fabulous. My husband and I dined with another couple. Between us we ordered soup, four appetizer, four entrees and two desserts. We loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUST GO PLACE!sj011004Dined on 11/7/2014I went there alone for dinner before theater. I ordered Black Pepper Steak with Cucumber and dill side salad. As always, I enjoyed the presentation of the dishes and great hospitality. I never feel awkward even though I enter the place alone, because servers are amazingly friendly no matter what. I always recommend this place to my friends!! I wish to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO NOISY!!!BMC59VIPDined on 11/6/2014We had food-savvy friends visiting from out of town and chose Talula's Garden. Food was very good; the four of us had four different appetizers and four different main courses. But there were two problems, one a major one. The noise level was so high that it was almost impossible to have a conversation that included the four of us. You could speak loudly to one other person at the table and perhaps be understood, but probably not by the two others. Not a good thing when you are entertaining friends that you haven't seen in a year! Another problem was the very low light level. With out a cell phone light the menu could not be read.Special Features:
- Great menu, great meal!HarvestdancerVIPDined on 11/6/2014Talula's provides an amazing, always fresh seasonal menu full of creative choices. At our table of two everything from Oyster appetizers, entrees of duck and tuna, and a shared dessert were excellent: accompaniments and presentation great as well. Servers, always helpful, walked us thru menu options and made helpful suggestions. The cheese plates alone are worth the trip: servers have a remarkable familiarity with the wide variety of cheeses served.Special Features:
- Love this place!supruVIPDined on 11/4/2014This was my third visit. It's gotten better every time, from the food to the wine to the service. The inside is as pretty as the outside space. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Cheese plate!iviewerDined on 11/2/2014The whole meal was great. We arrived 45 mins early but were seated almost immediately at the table of our choice. The food was wonderful - unpretentious and incredibly tasty. The wine list wasn't large but seemed well selected and our Petit Syrah was lovely. Best of all were the two cheeses plates we tried - great selections, well curated and beautifully presented. New top choice in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- True GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2014The place is awesome. Food is amazing. Every single thing we ordered was delicious. Menu is interesting with lots of options. Setting is perfect. Love it!Special Features:
- Never disappoints...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/2/2014Talula's delivers every time. Brunch was outstanding and the staff are amazing. Can't wait for the next time!Special Features:
- Wonderfulyum123VIPDined on 11/1/2014We were so happy with our experience. Not only was the food delicious, the service was outstanding. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Talula's Gardeneric130soDined on 11/1/2014Excellent dining experience. Menu options were many and varied, dishes were inventive and portions reasonable to generous; wine list good and service was fabulous. Not ordinary good - but extraordinary. Nice, attentive, knowledgeable, professional wait staff. Truly excellent. Great place for a dinner with special friends.Special Features:
- WadeVIPDined on 11/1/2014Everything was great. Our waiter WADE was GREAT. The cheese plate was great.Special Features:
- As always - a great experienceALFM2082VIPDined on 11/1/2014Food is great and the personal attention to detail really sets is apart. They were very accommodating to our vegetarian friends.Special Features:
- Twice is niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/31/2014This was my second time eating here (my partner's first). Everything about this place is lovely ... the staff is very friendly and knowledgable and the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in PhillyPhillyDinersVIPDined on 10/30/2014This place basically has it all. Great service, menu, and ambiance. The menu is very diverse and has more flavor combinations than you're probably use to seeing. Like food? Go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteSweetOnion38VIPDined on 10/29/2014One of the best dining experiences of all time - well mine at least. Abigail was a true leader through the menu (both food and beverage) and each plate delivered as she promised. The whole experience was incredibly delightful. This restaurant is permanently on my "staple list".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden RevivalfirstdatewondersDined on 10/28/2014I decided to go to Talula's on a first date and I could not have been and happier. Great service and the best food I have in quite some time. The cheese plate selections are not only plentiful but each offering it's own distinct flavoring and enjoyment. Very romantic setting outside and every once in a while we would be treated with a surprise! I have been telling everyone about this place, and I work in the business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and yum!foodiedudieVIPDined on 10/28/2014I eat here a lot, inside and out but it was such a beautiful night to sit outside…probably one of the last times for the season. Talula's has the prettiest courtyard in Philly. We loved our fried oysters, mustard green salad and whole fish and scallops, but our server was late with our bottle of wine (it didn't show up until we were almost done with first course after bringing the wrong wine the first time). When she appeared with a glass of champagne to recognize the flawed service, it made everything ok. That was so thoughtful. Acknowledging mistakes and making up for them goes a long way with building good relationships with the diners. Well done Talula's staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect choiceFloatinngDiner1Dined on 10/27/2014I celebrated the other night after buying a home. I took my realtor here after settlement. It is beautiful inside and outdoors. We arrived at 5:30. Everyone is friendly. The waiter was excellent. The food was awesome. We had the scallops and chicken under a brick. We also had the Brussels sprouts side dish. Well pre-pared and delicious. We did not want too much pasta but wanted a taste so they allowed us to have an entree as an appetizer. They had a great seasonal menu as well. We had a pumpkin cheesecake that was great for dessert. When we left indoors and outdoors were in full swing, packed and it was a Mon. Night! Wish I could go here more often. Definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceHairmo12Dined on 10/25/2014The food was delicious and presented in an extremely appetizing fashion. Healthy options available. Most notable was the involvement of staff in ensuring we enjoyed our meal. One of our party has a nut allergy and an entree was ordered with chestnuts inadvertently. The manager was concerned when the issue was brought to her attention. She offered to replace the entree and spoke to the chef to find out if chestnuts were indeed considered tree nuts. She went as far as the following day to call and follow up with us to ensure that the person who ate the chestnut laden entree, which was delicious, by the way, had not had any negative reactions to the dish. The ambiance of the restaurant is spectacular.Special Features:
- Great Meal and ServiceTG1025Dined on 10/25/2014Went for a birthday celebration. Food and service were outstanding. Staff was very nice and accommodating.Special Features:
- Philly Phindlikes2eatoutVIPDined on 10/25/2014Lovely setting, good location, delicious food. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/24/2014Our experience from start to finish was amazing! From the moment we arrived, the bartenders, the waitress!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The pumpkin cheesecake is the best desert we've ever had. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was GreatMurtDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I went to Talula's for our anniversary dinner Friday night. We ate there one time before and loved it. Our experience was the same this time and maybe even better. The food, service, and setting are all great.Special Features:
- One of a kindKevandWenDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I went for anniversary dinner. Fantastic experience. Each night brought new adventure. The decor and ambience were delightfult. Best culinary experience in quite a while. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sublimeX4meVIPDined on 10/23/2014Not our first time here and certainly not our last! We love this place and the seasonal changes on the menu. Get the brussels sprouts side, it's delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014thumbs down from both my wife and i. way overpriced, over salted and small expensive portions
- A Dining ExperiencevwfoodieVIPDined on 10/22/2014Food was a wonderful experience! Must choose a cheese board selection b/c of it's presentation and how wonderful they are! Equally as great as the food was the service ! Fabulous server who described everything on the menu so eloquently and everyone was very attentive. Have recommended the restaurant to people traveling from other countries and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.