210 West Washington Square
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.talulasgarden.com/
- Phone: 2155927787x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean Mcpaul
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Celebrate the New Year with your loved ones at the Garden! On New Year's Eve we will be offering our a la carte menu with luxurious additions, or indulge with a hyper-seasonal tasting menu. Bubbly wines and delicious wine pairings will be available! Reserve now before it's too late!
A word from Talula’s Garden
Behind the wrought iron gate, past the herbaceous patio and through the atrium is Talula's Garden, the warm and elegant Washington Square eatery from Aimee Olexy and Starr Restaurants. The modern menu, prepared with carefully-sourced ingredients and a light European touch, changes with the seasons. The artful cuisine, hospitable staff, sustainable spirits, and a focus on cheese make the dining experience here incredibly memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Talula’s Garden - Best Restaurants in Washington Square ›
Talula’s Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
695 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (543)fit for foodies (512)special occasion (471)romantic (395)neighborhood gem (285)great for brunch (185)hot spot (163)notable wine list (138)good for groups (122)scenic view (97)great for lunch (61)vibrant bar scene (52)late-night find (33)kid-friendly (21)Show More
- memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014definitely coming back and recommending to friends visiting Philadelphia. could definitely see this restaurant in new york city. great experience.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereCeeCeeVIPDined on 8/31/2014A very special restaurant. Everything works. The food is wonderful, the presentation beautiful and the ambiance perfect for farm to table.Special Features:
- Top notch food and serviceAngelaVIPDined on 8/31/2014My daughter was in town visiting for the long weekend. She has many food allergies and the chef was able to make her a custom meal that she said was super delicious. Not only was the food great, but the accommodation and service was the best!Special Features:
- AmazingAnthonyDined on 8/31/2014Came for a birthday brunch on Sunday. Great restaurant with an amazing staff. Eric, our server, was fantastic and very professional. The food was superb and obsolutly devine. All in all, it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good enoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Last year a try the brunch and was great I get there this time w the same expectations and doesn't good enought to much egg not flavor I think I can get better omelet at IHOP and that is not good for this kind of restaurant.Special Features:
- City OasisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Every component of our experience was outstanding. - Flexable of reservation alteration the day before - Bar service - fast, fun, knowledgable and creative - Server - accommodating, kind, knowledgeable, there when needed not overbearing - Leadership table check-in - appropriate and sincere - Overall value - in line with delivered experience -- particularly when compared with like establishments Can not wait to return. JCSpecial Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I are no strangers to Talula's Garden. Due to it's ever changing menu, we find ourselves there at least once a month. Never once did we have bad meal or were disappointed in any way. The service is impeccable - there is no other way around it. Brunch or Dinner - you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- Food so good it singsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014The food was exceptional, the service superb. We sat in the garden on a perfect evening...it was perfect The staff friendly and attentive. The presentation gorgeous. I felt like I was eating the winning meal on a cooking competition showSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CollzDined on 8/27/2014Loved Talula's Garden! The food was magnificent! The garden was delightful! Will go back again and will also recommend to many of my friends and family!Special Features:
- Best meal in Philly!tigerlilyoneVIPDined on 8/26/2014Talula's Garden is such a hidden gem on Washington Square West, that dining for the first time made me feel like I wish I had been dining there since they opened! From start to finish, amazing service, ambiance, and most importantly, really tasty and inventive food without being over the top on the "innovative" flavor and ingredient combinations. They even have an authentic cheesemonger! Will absolutely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing bday dinner with hubbykathygDined on 8/26/2014Not sure if food or service was better...both incredible. Manager took 1st drink round off bill because apps arrived before drinks...without us complaining at all. Overall amazing and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Perfect in every wayMandJDined on 8/26/2014From drinks to dessert, this was an outstanding meal. A bit pricey but worth every penny. We loved the outdoor garden - just perfect for a cool late summer evening. Our appies were awesome - roasted Kennet Square mushrooms (I'd go back for this alone) and Dixie shrimp both with unexpected bursts of flavors and textures. Main dishes were equally impressive - Seared Day Boat Scallops and Chicken Under a Brick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went on a Tuesday night for pre-lovemyfoodDined on 8/26/2014theater dinner. Although there is a beautiful outdoor space, we chose to eat inside. The restaurant was relatively empty at 5:45. When we left at 7:15 it was packed. Our waiter, Jonathan, was attentive, personable and professional. We asked him about the history of the space which is absolutely gorgeous. He was able to give us the entire history from the time it was erected in the early 1900s. My dinner was perfect. I had the sweet corn soup which was sublime then for my main course I had a half order of hand-torn pasta ribbons. They practically melted in my mouth. My husband had the marinated heirloom tomatoes which were delicious followed by swordfish which he liked but didn't love. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- TerrificNicknamegoeshereDined on 8/25/2014Best meal we've eaten in Philly! And the wine pairing was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talula's AWESOME ATMOSPHERE & FOODedubgaDined on 8/25/2014The food was delicious - the atmosphere is absolutely precious - inside and out. The wait staff was super attentive, knowledgeable and all around awesome. Definitely will be back!!!Special Features:
- Amazing!!luvgoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014Everything was fantastic from the service to the food to the cocktails, especially having the Dad's Hat Rye Whiskey. Staff very friendly and attentive, even remembered off handed comment about my birthday and they brought a complimentary dessert. Our new favorite restaurant and can't wait to bring friends.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchAte2MuchVIPDined on 8/24/2014Fantastic Sunday brunch. Great setting. Prompt service. Highly recommend the Farm Egg Omelet, Breakfast Burger, and the Ricotta Donuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally EnjoyableBrunchMavenDined on 8/24/2014Friends had given me mixed reviews regarding the service and the food. A friend from out-of-town wanted to eat there so I went. We went for brunch. I arrived early and sat at the bar awaiting the rest of my party. I was offered a free drink after being ignored by the bartender. Then the manager offered me garden seating which was great. Anyone that has been to Talula's Garden knows outside seating is first come, first seated. The food was very good. I had the breakfast burger and the "Optimist", blueberry lemonade, citrus vodka, and basil-delish. Burger cooked to perfection and it came with bacon. Super yuumm!! My friend had the Talula's mojito and the frittata. I suggest if at all possible sit in the garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- barjaymacDined on 8/24/2014This is a fabulous spot. We went for bruch, but intend to go back for dinner. I would recommend Talula's to anyone looking for a great atmosphere and great food.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/24/2014We visited Talula's for Sunday Brunch. The food, service and atmosphere was fabulous. We started with the ricotta donuts which were perfect. Airy, warm and bite sized pieces of heaven. I had the portabello eggs benedict. This was suggested by our server and it was a great choice. Perfectly poached eggs on a crispy English muffin. The pesto was a great complement to the portabello mushrooms and eggs. My friend had the fritta. The fritta was layered perfectly and cooked to perfection. Overall a great experience!Special Features:
- Nice TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Had reservations for 7:15 p.m. on a Saturday night. Seated right away. Server and wait staff were very good, without being over bearing. Food was brought timely and was outstanding. It was everything we hoped for and more.Special Features:
- Elegant and earthyfdenthusiastVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had hoped to eat in the garden but the weather was wet. Instead we had a comfortable spot in a corner where the noise was manageable for us noise-challenged folks and we were doted on just the right amount. The food was wonderful and matched the elegant and earthy decor and ambiance of this special dining experience. I thought that the menu hit it just right in terms of choices and without overwhelming us with too many items to sort through. Memorable was the pork belly, the steak and oh my, the perfectly crisped potatoes and delectable brioche with basil butter melting in the center. And the mushroom dish from Kennett Square was just so delicate and flavorful. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Above and beyondCook2eatDined on 8/22/2014I chose this restaurant because it was my wifes birthday and she had really wanted to eat here for around a year and never really got around to it. All I did was mention that a little during a reservation confirmation and I had no idea what they would do next. The staff went out of there way, or maybe that is what they are always supposed to do, either way from the moment we sat down they made my wife feel like it was really a special night just for her. I couldn't have asked for a better dinner for her. Food was outstanding, beautiful and elegantly simple. The cheese menu was impressive and the knowledge the staff had of it was formidable. Great time.Special Features:
- Nary a flawvpflyrDined on 8/22/2014Very pleasant venue, both inside and in the garden. Service was top tier. Every single plate - apps, entrées, veg sides, and desserts - was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good foodIguanetteDined on 8/21/2014I really enjoyed the beef tartare!! Great food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 2nd visitKarenrVIPDined on 8/21/2014Our first visit was for a sunday brunch, which was earlier this year. The Bloody Mary remains memorable! This visit was for dinner. We had the mushrooms, corn soup, and tuna croudo to start. All were well executed and through our sharing, we each got to have a bit of all three. The dinners were excellent as well. I had the crab pasta, the smaller portion, and it was just the perfect amount for my entree and tasted great. My daughter had the skirt steak, and that could be cut with a butter knife and had a rich taste. The other two each had a fish dish I believe, but raved about how good it was. Definitely a return trip for both brunch and dinner. Well done TT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a beautynewvisitorDined on 8/20/2014I picked the restaurant by the interior photos and online menu. Every room in the restaurant was beautiful including the cozy garden with twinkly lights -even nicer than expected! Food was good (loved the little brioche). A little pricey for the amount of food though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food with excellent wait staff! Very knowledgeable staff. Service was excellent. Cheese plates and pasta dishes are excellent. Try the bluefish you will not be disappointed. The scallops are the best entree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved-loved-LOVED itWaltVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything about this place is inventive, from the charming garden, to the decor, to the herb-infused cocktails, to the imaginative food. The food flavors, boldly seasoned with fresh herbs and veggies, were unlike anything I've tasted before. And don't fail to order a cheese plate - full of complementary flavors and textures. Run, don't walk, to Talula's Garden!Special Features:
- Tasting MenuChrisDined on 8/19/2014We celebrated our 47th anniversary at Talula's Garden the other day. There were so many special dishes to choose from that we decided to have small portions of many and chose the Tasting Menu. Nine courses! and every one was a delight to the palette. You might ask, "How can I eat nine servings?!" We managed and enjoyed every bite. Our favorites: Foccasia di Recco with Fresh Chevre and Charred Onion, Anson Mills Corn Flour and Saffron Linquini, Summer Squash, Blue Crab, Mint, and Chiles, the veal dish, and oh, the desserts! We did not add the wine pairings, but I am sure that would have been delightful also.Special Features:
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2014We were there for a birthday celebration. The chef was in and created a personal tasting menu for us based on our dietary restrictions (in this case vegetarian, no soy, light on the dairy products). They are also able to create vegan, gluten-free, etc., menus based on personal tastes/needs. The sommelier was entertaining and extremely knowledgeable about all the drinks that were paired with the meal. All the staff made us feel comfortable and important and the food was creative, delicious and substantial. We were seated next to a couple that had their wedding reception at the restaurant two years prior, and it was nice to see how they were remembered by the staff that was present at the time. Definitely will be back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014We had a great anniversary dinner here, the service and food were great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great food supported by a great staff. Had an anniversary to celebrate and they did a superb job for the first time any of us had been there. We set up the reservation by open table and requested a nice table for the anniversary. Staff and mgr. were terrific.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and great ambiance!GabbyDined on 8/17/2014I loved this place! The food was phenomenal; very flavorful and filling. It is a truly beautiful and peaceful place with a great patio and even better indoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING BRUNCHPlouDined on 8/17/2014We chose Talula's Garden to celebrate a friends milestone birthday with brunch. I knew we were in for a wonderful experience but it was even better than expected. The food was fresh and tasty, nothing was overpowering. The amount was perfect. The service was fantastic. We got to sit and talk and eat and were not rushed. Every aspect of the meal was wonderful. I would highly recommend Talula's to all my friends and cannot wait to go back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding mealnessDined on 8/16/2014We did the 8-course chef's tasting menu and it was superb. Each course was a decent size-so don't eat a big lunch if you do the tasting menu! Service was outstanding. We told the restaurant that we received a gift card as a wedding gift and they went above and beyond to make sure we had a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Talula's is a very nice restaurant but overpriced, cheese plate has very small portions & very few nuts or the jam would not cover part of 1 cracker, wine list has very nice selections but few under $50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome.GoodtimesDined on 8/16/2014Great place, great vibe, very romantic. We had an incredible night. Restaurant was beautiful and service impeccableSpecial Features:
- Second Visit Not So GreatPhilly4FoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Talula's with the same couple we visited the first time. While all of us thought the food was great, we all agreed the staff needed training. It doesn't sound professional to be told when we asked for some bread to go with our drinks that bread comes after our food order is placed. It could have been said a little more diplomatically, "It will arrive shortly." Food was placed on the table without so much a pleasant comment as our first time. The restaurant was not crowded, so the excuse could not be that it was busy. We expected more from a Steven Starr restaurant. Service in his restaurants has always been pleasant and helpful.Special Features:
- Dine outside if you can!lildchicDined on 8/16/2014The garden at Talula's was the perfect location for my husband and me to celebrate a special occasion. The ambiance was perfect, the staff was attentive, and the food was to die for. We enjoyed every bite we consumed. We will certainly be returning for the next special occasion we can think up.Special Features: