Talula's Daily - Secret Supper Club
208 West Washington Square
Philadelphia, PA 19106Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Talula's Daily - Secret Supper Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://talulasdaily.com/
- Phone: 2155926555x
- Hours of Operation:
Supper is served Tuesday - Sunday, 7pm - 9:30pm by reservation.
The Market at Talula's Daily is open 7am - 7pm, 7 days a week without reservation.
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Wine
A word from Talula's Daily - Secret Supper Club
From the acclaimed team of Talula's Table and Talula's Garden this community market, cafe, bakery, coffee, and cheese shop serve an exclusive supper Tuesday - Sunday with reservations available for groups of 1-12 between the hours of 7pm-9:30pm. Each month is a series of five seasonal & locally inspired courses from a little snack to a family style main Supper course to owner Aimee Olexy's well-known cheese service to scrumptious sweets & fresh Talula's bread. The "Supper" is $55 per person. A curated wine and beer list show affordable, boutique selections intended to make the market by day and the supper by night a Daily, weekly, or monthly habit. Menus can be viewed at talulasdaily.com. Reservations can be rare and book rapidly at this secret, hand-crafted supper club brought to you by Stephen Starr and Aimee Olexy. It is small, ultra-seasonal, and beyond memorable.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Talula's Daily - Secret Supper Club - Best Restaurants in Washington Square ›
Talula's Daily - Secret Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (35)good for groups (20)notable wine list (17)hot spot (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014My wife and I really enjoyed all of the courses on the September menu. The cauliflower raviolo was delicious and the cioppino was so good I could have eaten at least two more portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance doesn't match pricesSjsiehaVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was fantastic but the ambiance (essentially a coffee shop during the day) doesn't match the type and especially price of food. For that amount of money there is usually an ambiance that is part of the whole experience.Special Features:
- Nice spotlgraybDined on 9/20/2014My sister and I just had dinner there. Cute restaurant, although small and tightly packed. Thoroughly enjoyed the September menu with the wine pairings, although the cioppino was a little gritty. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!phillyfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Was pleasantly surprised, food is delicious and wine pairing also! The service could not have been any better with each dish & paring fully explained. Will most definitely be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful!BAphilaDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent! Highly recommended. One of the best meals I can remember.Special Features:
- Five Course Tasting Menu with WineFayeluvs2dineDined on 8/30/2014We went with another couple last night and has a very good time. We did the Wine Pairing as well. There is a different menu each month and August included: Minature Lobster Rolls Cream of Corn Soup Porchetta with beans Goat cheese over toast Hot Peach Cobbler and Toasted Almond ice cream. The total for the meal is $55. The wine pairing is another $35 and coffee is extra. With the 8% sales tax and excluding the gratuity you are looking at more than $200 per couple. But it was a very nice evening and the wine pours were a good size. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Expect to be wowed!DavidDined on 8/30/2014Great 5 course fixed price meal which changes each month. There is lots of food so save room for dessert, which is always great. Typically the "entree" is the least special dish; in fact my wife doesn't eat pork and happily skipped the main course and was still extremely happy.Special Features:
- Special Romantic OutingPwkicker97Dined on 8/29/2014To celebrate finishing the first week of teaching this year, my wife and I were looking for somewhere fun and special. This fit the bill precisely. They took great care of us and the food was wonderful. Highly recommended. We will try and go back when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good. Be sure ....DisappointedVIPDined on 8/29/2014To request a chair with a cushion. A five course meal needs comfortable seating to enjoy the prolonged experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So, so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014My wife and u had a unforgettable meal. The mood, the food and the service were really perfect. We are looking forward to next months menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregbgmannDined on 8/23/2014Really enjoy the whole experience - wonderful food and incredible wine pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and deliciousLove2eatanddrinkVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, service was very good and the wine pairing was excellent. Lovely relaxed atmosphere and never felt rushed. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealRespilosaVIPDined on 8/19/2014Shout out to our adorable and highly competent server Imogene. What a gem! (Not to neglect the others: everybody else who works here is also very friendly and welcoming) Other than that, nothing new to report: it was another great dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Without doubt one of Philadelphia's best! We'll be back again and again. Couldn't stop talking about how fabulous it was it for days. We actually preferred it to a recent meal we had at Jean-George in New York.Special Features:
- Great food and servicedinerwithtoddlerDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful meal, but the true gem was the great service from Tavis!Special Features:
- FantasticFoodguyDined on 8/9/2014Great food. Great attentive and professional service. The frix fixe 5 course menu was well Conceived and a good value. Would definitely go again. Do the wine pairing - five generous glasses for a little more than the cost of two single glasses. Nice choice of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and delicious!FamilydinnerfanDined on 8/3/2014Our group of six were the only people there on a Sunday night. The service was warm and relaxed. At no time at all were we rushed or hurried along. And the food! OMG the food. Every course was perfection. I kept thinking, it can't get better, and then it did! I would go nightly for the lobster roll. If I could, I would go once every month to taste their seasonal menu!Special Features:
- An awesome dinnersherylDined on 8/2/2014My mom and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We checked the menu before coming in and there was nothing we didn't like, but we probably would not have ordered some of the dishes we had. It gave us the opportunity to try different things and the combinations were fabulous. I don't particularly care for lima beans - but cooked with the pork and pancetta they were very good. We finished every morsel. Everything was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Special mealNinjabreadmamaDined on 8/1/2014Secret supper is really a different and lovely experience. Staff is awesome, all 5 courses were delicious (cold corn soup was my favorite), wine pairing also great. We are going to become monthly regulars :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret Supper Club!Dillmen110Dined on 7/29/2014My wife and I love Talula's Garden and wanted to try the dialy supper club. The flour pot bread could be the best thing we have ever eaten. We walked out with a standing reservation to come each month for the supper club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite set menu yetMicahBVIPDined on 7/26/2014The July menu was our favorite to date. We've been to Daily about 5 times for dinner and it is always a great meal. The highlight is the cheese plate. You can't beat the $55 for five courses in terms of quality, ingredients and portions. The servers are always friendly. The only danger we've found is proximity to the big group table that can be boisterous. On this night, it was a bachelorette party. Although they were not out of control. We once again went for paying a $25 corkage and bringing our own versus the high mark up on wine (a $42 pinot sells for $8 at Total Wine; we brought a $60 Napa red--so it was like paying $85 for a big time bottle). If you like beer, there is great variety at reasonable prices. Back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLouieVIPDined on 7/20/2014The servings and thoughtful ingredients are wonderful. The people working in this restaurant are professionals and help to make this a memorable experience. We look forward to returning for another culinary delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!BetsyVIPDined on 7/18/2014I thought it was a great dining experience. The courses were interesting, and were well explained to us, which I appreciated. The portions were small, which I also liked - I enjoyed having a taste of everything. There was zero rushing, and a fair amount of time passed between courses, which was fine with me - made for a leisurely evening. I will be back.Special Features:
- Very Surprising SecretCaribbeanKevinDined on 7/15/2014The following is a note that I sent to my daughter in London. "On Talula's Daily: Five courses in three hours, each course outstanding for taste and presentation with four star service. Rosemary is a great guest and conversation was robust. An evening enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal!DavidDined on 7/12/2014One of the best meals we've had in a long time! Since the entire menu changes monthly I won't comment on specific items. The service was excellent, with close attention paid to describing each dish without being overly obsequious. The portions were large, remember this is a full 5 course meal and leave room for dessert, even if that means you don't finish every delicious plate.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!Run2EatDined on 7/11/2014We had a lovely time enjoying the unique menu through the Supper Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the most pleasant place to eatdoctorjVIPDined on 7/5/2014this is hands-dowm the best restaurant in philly, since marigold cafe closedI would recommend this to a friend.
- deekayVIPDined on 6/29/2014Went during the June menu - which was nice as my better half loves squash blossoms. All the dishes were done nicely. The Bagna Cauda came out different from what I expected, but was very tasty. Had smoked bluefish dip and fresh burrata too, finishing with an imaginative strawberry shortcake dessert. Service was also friendly and professional. Though I like the ambience eating outside at Talula's Garden, I would say that Daily has the better food. A solid meal that I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super complex flavorsNedderVIPDined on 6/27/2014my wife and I were really impressed by the food. there was a lot of care and effort put into the dishes and it showed. nice work!Special Features:
- Underwhelming, overpriced.Samfarr12Dined on 6/24/2014Made a dinner reservation for a special occasion and expected more bang for my buck. The portions were small which would have been OK if they were like out of this world spectacular like I expected, but they weren't. The entree was like a salad with chicken on it rather than a meal. The cheese dish on the other hand was FABULOUS. I could have been satisfied with more cheese, all cheese! Though it was overpriced.Special Features:
- Excellent DessertTBS1Dined on 6/20/2014Love this restaurant, make sure you check the menu for the month.it changes every month. Grateful they could accommodate my allergy to strawberries. There is metered street parking or garage a block or so away. Great restaurant to take out of town friends to. The foods amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The June menu was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014We could not have had a nicer experience. The wine pairings were perfect and we are looking forward to July's offerings.Special Features:
- Not for vegetariansOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2014Unfortunately, of the 5 courses, the two that were made vegetarian for us were bland and forgettable. Maybe the June menu was lackluster to begin with, but for vegetarians especially, there are better options in center city. Service was fantastic though.
- eatoutVIPDined on 6/18/2014Talula's Daily - at night - is excellent and deserves great praise and respect. The monthly menu is always interesting, creative and excellently prepared and presented. The service is personal and interested in pleasing. The entire waitstaff is genuinely excited about the culinary experience being offered! Although not inexpensive, this pris fixe is good value based both on quality, creativity and portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OnTheDLVIPDined on 6/14/2014The monthly tasting menu does not disappoint and at $55, it is truly a great value, one of the best in Philly.Special Features:
- Next door is the placepaigeappleVIPDined on 6/11/2014This new entry by Talula may ultimately be great...but the vibe and the food next door are far more fun.
- Simply Wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014From start to finish, this unique dining experience was truly a treat! Every course highlighted the ingredients used with a rustic elegance. I could taste the love put into every dish and really appreciated it! The ambiance was very cozy and romantic. The service was superb. Maddy our service was super sweet and explained everything very well, especially the wine pairings. She was even took time to ask about where were from. With a long journey back to DC she offered us some snacks and coffee for the way. Definitely played the secret supper club very well with having people come in asking what was going on. It felt like I was a part of something special, but come to think of it I really was!! Will definitely be back when back in philly!Special Features:
- The following 76 reviews are from the Talula's Daily - Secret Supper Club reviews archive.
- AmazingYayForFoodDined on 5/30/2014I would recommend Talual's Daily Secret Supper to anyone. Food was amazing. Wine was amazing. Staff was amazing. It's not just a meal, its an experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPaulsonVIPDined on 5/24/2014Great experience. Excellent food. Great Service. We had the wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014We went for our anniversary and it was an absolutely perfect dinner from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.