2761 Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tallularestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037785051x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rob Rubba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Wine Shop in the front of Tallula can be reserved for parties up to 16 people (semi-private).
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Huey 7033035423x
- Cross Street: Pershing Dr.
- Public Transit: Clarendon Metro
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot adjacent to the building as well as additional parking at the Country Club Cleaners on Pershing Blvd. They encourage their patrons to play close attention to zone 6 restrictions when parking on the streets around the restaurant.
A word from Tallula
Tallula offers a modern approach to classic American fare in a friendly neighborhood environment. The menu focuses heavily on bold flavors resulting from the use of fresh, local produce and the highest quality meats they can find. The extensive wine list features more than 350 wines by the bottle and 70 by the glass. Tallula's dining room, bar, lounge and wine shop provide four distinctively different settings to enjoy dinner with your family, celebrate with friends, or grab a quick bite to eat!Continued
We reserve a portion of our dining room for walk-in customers. We accept walk ins!
Please note, EatBar next door does not accept reservations.
We reserve a portion of our dining room for walk-in customers. We accept walk ins!
Please note, EatBar next door does not accept reservations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tallula reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (21)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (16)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (8)good for groups (6)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A gem among gemsItaloAmericano78Dined on 8/15/2014Tallula is an exquisite place, with the finest cuisine in town. It's a serious restaurant that doesn't take itself too seriously, as evidenced by the happy staff, who deliver the best food in town, promptly, and with a smile, and as the adjoining bar. For the price of a night out at a boring chain, one can experience sensational food, prepared with the freshest ingredients, and a fine bottle of wine. The portions are perfect, the presentation professional, and the taste and texture of the food is the best I've had in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchNovadinerDined on 8/10/2014Good food. Parking constrained. Was expecting a bit more based on Washingtonian rating/review.
- Perfect EveninglocalwocDined on 8/6/2014Great food, artfully and beautifully prepared. Four of us had a wonderful time all around. The staff took the time to ensure we were well accommodated and our celebration was flawless. We appreciated the extra touches that were so unexpected and delicious!Special Features:
- Blah blah blahQuilterDined on 8/1/2014Having been to Tallula before and had a reasonably good dinner, our meal there this week gave us the blahs. The corn fritters were greasy outside and undercooked inside, with not a sign of corn. The serrano ham starter lacked flavor. My spring greens seemed to be straight out of a plastic box of instant salad from Safeway that had not even been picked over to eliminate the wilted leaves. The heirloom tomatoes were good, but had barely noticeable cheese on top. The best course was my marinated beef and grilled bok choy--but the quinoa with it was tasteless with unrecognizable lumps of something. My husband had chicken, which looked nice on the plate but was not really enough food (I shared my steak). We gave up and had dessert at home.
- Good Mellow-VeronicaVIPDined on 7/26/2014My friend and I went there. I ordered for PAN SEARED DIVER SCALLOPS grillled corn, yellow squash, pickled red onion, corriander broth and glass of PG white wine. Otherwise, I'm glad that I'm back there AGAIN long time.Special Features:
- Unique & Seasonal DishesGadgetGirlJenDined on 7/18/2014Loved the variety of dishes and attention to presentation. The service was impeccable. The ambience is "different" and eclectic as there is no one theme. It is warm and inviting, not pretentious, feels somewhat romantic except it is very open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine pairings were a hit!JJdcDined on 7/16/2014Great restaurant and staff, food is consistently good. However, it's the wine selections and specifically the pairings that really made our night outstanding!Special Features:
- Worth the detour from Clarendonksmum125Dined on 7/12/2014I've driven past Tallula and EatBar many times and now I'm glad we followed through and dined there. We ate with friends and were impressed by the menu options and wine list. The staff were attentive and responsive when we asked about varying menu options for our child. Food was served promptly, presented well and was delicious. The foie gras tart was very rich but splitting it with my husband and enjoying with the carrot salad was the perfect balance. The scallops were enormous and very enjoyable. Hubby's pork Angolnotti was also impressive with a lovely smokey flavour. Definitely worth the slight detour (and the slightly longer walk back to the Metro allows you to justify having dessert)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful last minute DiscoveryKurliDined on 7/12/2014On a Saturday afternoon, when I started looking for dinner out, most DC restaurants were booked till late, whereas Tallula was available for 6:30p. It slowly filled as we were dining. I had scallops for main course, which was delicious and serviche for appetizer, a very innovative presentation. My wife had some concerns about beans and roasted seeds being on the andante side. Overall, I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food experienceTzar8Dined on 7/10/2014We found this place online last minute, and after seeing their tasting menu posted, knew it was something we wanted to try! The tasting menu, a bit pricey, was absolutely delicious. All the flavors packed into these tiny bites! Our worry was that after, we'd still be hungry since each dish were literally a couple of bites (at least the first courses). I started giving my husband parts of my dishes to finish to ensure he ate enough. The last thing I wanted was to end up hungry at the end and have to stop at McDonald's to grab a cheeseburger!! But, no worries! Like I said earlier though, it was a bit pricey (compared to the star ratings given online) - their cheapest bottle of wine started at $55 and it only went up from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rather quiet for a Saturday PMLizSVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was very good but the menu was also very limited. Carrot salad and trout were welcome.
- Outstandinggbrowell4Dined on 6/26/2014We visited Tallula for a special dinner while my father was in town. It didn't disappoint. All of us tried the tasting menu which was simply outstanding. The wine list is extensive and interesting. If you ask the waiter, they will do a wine pairing with each course of the tasting menu. We also were able to do a beer pairing with each course of the tasting menu. Our dinner was on a Thursday night, and the restaurant was not full...which was great...gave the waiter and GM a little more time to talk. We will be heading back to Tallula soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clarendon Jewelkhammer315Dined on 6/21/2014The menu at Tallula is limited, but exquisite. The table favorites were a cheese pasta called gnudi and a roasted beet starter plate. We went early on a Saturday night and it was quiet. The service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlittledocDined on 6/21/2014Creativity food fell short on execution resulting in main course flavors ranging from bland to unappealing. Service was rote and indifferent although efficient.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014We went there for father's day brunch. Menu was limited. Service was extremely poor. We had to ask for everything starting from salt pepper shakers to sugar to ketchup. The restaurant was not that busy. Yet it took them over half hour to get a simple brunch order. Mimosa was served at room temperature. Our order came in sporadic bursts. Couple of items were forgotten. I will not go there again. Staff was pleasant though
- Father's Day BrunchFoodieDadVIPDined on 6/15/2014Service was unimpressive (very slow seating at opening), had to ask for sweetener, S&P and refills. Food came out insanely fast and was delicious. Cheddar biscuits, eggs benedict, sausage and fritatta were top notch. Side salad was a bit salty. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing First ExperienceNoNameDined on 6/8/2014My friends & I were excited to meet for Sunday brunch because we read rave reviews. I ordered the eggs benedict & one egg was overcooked. The dish was served with a trace amount of serrano and a stale, cold biscuit. Two of my friends ordered the frittata and both were cold or lukewarm. We didn’t want to complain because we waited on our food longer than expected and were all very hungry. I ordered a salmon eggs benedict and a side of bacon to go. When I got home and looked in the box, I was disappointed to find a regular eggs benedict, which was not what I ordered. Because I’ve heard so many positive comments about Tallula I’ll give it another shot, but I’ll visit there with much lower expectations.Special Features:
- All around favorite but too loudomnivoreDined on 6/2/2014My husband and I have dined many times at Tallula and always enjoy the changing and tasty menu. We even get wine and dessert! Wait staff are very nice and usually able to help in pairing. My only complaint about Tallula is the noise. If you go before 7pm, on a week night, it's ok. Otherwise, I find the combination of music and usual restaurant chatter too much.Special Features:
- Interesting Menulive4foodDined on 5/29/2014Service was good. The menu was interesting and the food was good, but not great. Will not make a special effort to return.Special Features:
- Always a good night here.beejpowersDined on 5/16/2014Tallula is a really nice place to get a pretty unique meal. It's a beautifully designed space but can get loud being adjacent to the bar which has an active scene. The menu changes seasonally and uses fresh seasonal vegetables. As of Spring '14 ramps are heavily featured and delicious. The fried ramp snack is fantastic. Also this season, all the signature cocktails are named after characters and lines of dialogue from the movie Shawshank Redemption. The drinks are spectacular as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab FindNiceatsDined on 5/15/2014I drove by this restaurant one day and was curious because of the name so I looked it up online and saw it had wonderful reviews and an awesome menu. The place really lives up to its reputation. The food is AWESOME. The restaurant has a very nice lounge vibe and is perfect for special occasions or a late night date. I recommend and have already recommended this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchMattVIPDined on 5/11/2014I had been wanting to try Tallula for sometime. Took my Mom for Mother's Day. Worst meal I can remember. Details: wobbly table, no S&P on table, 15 minutes to take order in relatively empty restaurant, everything greasy, "plain" french toast soaked in clarified butter, no syrup, pork hash in 1/2 of oil, no pork, fried egg not fully cooked, omelet not fully cooked, biscuits dense and cold, pastries tasted day old. We returned our dishes and new dishes were moderately better. Management comped the three plates and a round of drinks. Management did their best to make us happy. The kitchen needs a new chef. Not the experience I wanted for Mom.
- Great neighborhood restaurantct1316Dined on 5/11/2014If you're looking for a place that's outside the regular Clarendon scene but close enough that you could walk to from the metro, check this place out. The food was great and the service was very friendly and attentive. The fountain was a nice addition to the overall ambiance.Special Features:
- TimberDined on 5/9/2014Our first time here and will go back. Very friendly staff from the manager on down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better before ??OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2014Not sure what has changed since we last dined there but this used to be one of our favorite local restaurants. Food and menu were not good.
- great food ... overly high pricesenjoygoodfoodDined on 5/4/2014The entrees and appetizers were very tasty and delicious. The goat cheese gnudi entree, in particular, was small in quantity, when compared to the roasted chicken. And the North Carolina trout had carolina gold grits listed as a side; however a rice side dish was provided without any announcement or explanation. The appetizers were overpriced in comparison to the entrees. Our server was excellent; she paid attention to us when needed but also left us alone to chat.
- Failed AttemptDissapointedVIPDined on 5/3/2014This was a true disappointment. They are trying to be something that they are not. Clearly do not have any dishes that could pass for more than mediocre at best. And to top it off, the prices are in line with higher end restaraunts. Definitely not worth the time.
- The following 1348 reviews are from the Tallula reviews archive.
- ImpressedJKB0157VIPDined on 4/30/2014It was our 1st time there and it was a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieloveDined on 4/18/2014Food was good, not amazing for the prices. Crab small plate and cauliflower entree really stood out as excellent. Service was OK. Unfortunately for a Friday night the place was dead, not sure we would go back.Special Features:
- Great food, amazing serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/15/2014My in laws took my husband and I to Tallula to celebrate my husband's birthday. We enjoyed offerings from all sections of the menu and everything was delicious! Our server, Morgan, was very knowledgable about the menu and gave done great recommendations including the monkfish and the rabbit terrine. The staff also picked up on it being my husband's birthday and wrote "happy birthday" in chocolate on his dessert plate. We also had our 18 month old with us and the staff was very accommodating of her. Superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service IssueBobbVIPDined on 4/2/2014We were there Wednesday night and sat near the open kitchen and while the dinner was excellent, the service was, well, hard to find. If a gentleman (manager?) hadn't stopped by I am not sure how long it would have been for the server to re-appear. Our food was excellent with the exception of the oysters which can with no small foks so we had to use dinner folks to free them from their shell. The busboy had us keep the used forks. I sound picky but this is a pricey place with a lot of effort spent on the cuisine and absence. It is a pet peeve of mine but I was always taught not to remove one person's plate while others were still eating. It's rude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the ambiance and friendlineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2014Enjoyed the ambiance and friendliness of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambience, food is meh.SauceyDined on 3/29/2014I had high hopes for this restaurant, but everything we ate was underwhelming, and seemed like it was trying too hard to be "innovative" with the food rather than just making simple, delicious, satisfying food . The ambience and decor of the restaurant is great, and the service was prompt and professional. However, the food was not really worth the price tag. I think there are too many great restaurants in the area to go back to this one unfortunately.
- Great experience at Tallulua's!ChrisDined on 3/28/2014This was my second time there and my husbands first and I was concerned as the menu in the wine room is very limited and thought he might not like it but it ended up being fine :). Our server was wonderful and very sweet and Brent the sommelier, was excellent! The wine list was great! We sat in the front room which I believe is the wine room and it was vey quaint, romantic and quiet but I think next time we will try the restaurant area as it was very pretty. What a little gem in the middle of a strange area! We are looking forward to going back soon! Chris L., Falls Church, VASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningAC33VIPDined on 3/12/2014There are few better places to spend a windy, rainy, winter's evening than Tallula. After a drink at EAT Bar, we moved next door for a delicious dinner, beautifully served. The salads were all good, brussel sprouts in the choke and sprout salad were a little underdone, but better that that overdone; and the mains were also good, if a little saltier than necessary. Next time, would ask them to hold back a little. The folks who work there could not be nicer or more expert at their jobs. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice…real niceJamesDined on 3/11/2014Fancy looking interior. Dead on a Tuesday. Service was good. Some awkward interactions but some caused by me. Good hearted people. Fun plate ups. Cold apps didn't come out on cold plates and tartare wasn't super cold like it should. Huge red wine glasses used for white wines. Enjoyed the menu presentation already opened. Very little things that don't usually matter…I just notice little things like that. Menu was nice with a decent variety. Short and succinct and I thought well composed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014My husband and I took our 20 year old son here to celebrate a special occasion. We chose the fixed price tasting menu. The service was impeccable. The food was unbelievable and beautifully presented. We loved our evening here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tallula was fineEwildDined on 3/8/2014Great place for a last minute gathering because reservations were available. Moderately priced and the menu was creative and had options everyone liked. THe beef brisket (chosen by three fo the four people) was dry and tough. My swordfish was good but not great. We really liked the atmosphere so the evening was a success!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014Our evening was very nice and the food was really good!Special Features:
- Great for Brunch with FriendsGA85Dined on 3/2/2014We got a a big table with friends and the service was great! Unusual and fun menu choices like Duck Confit Hash and Beef Shortrib Poutine. My favorite was the chorizo omelette. Have fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.