Tallgrass Prairie Table
313 East 2nd Street
Tulsa, OK 74120Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tallgrass Prairie Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tallgrasstable.com/
- Phone: 9189334499
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Bar opens at 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michelle Donaldson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services provided.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private chef's tasting dining room that seats 14 in plush leather chairs at an oversized wooden farm table. Tallgrass can also accommodate large parties in our two dining rooms.
- Entertainment: Tallgrass features live music. Check our website for our music schedule.
A word from Tallgrass Prairie Table
Tallgrass Prairie Table is a Farm to Table restaurant located in the heart of the historic Blue Dome entertainment district in downtown Tulsa. Serving Modern American cuisine that is both locally and globally inspired and locally sourced, Tallgrass partners with several local farms and ranches, most importantly Z7Bar Ranch in Pawhuska and the Living Kitchen Dairy and Farm in Depew, to bring Tulsans the freshest local ingredients possible. Executive Chef Michelle Donaldson and owner Hope Egan are both passionately committed to the slow food movement. Tallgrass features a small boutique Wine List, Craft Cocktails, Local Beers on Tap, and Live music. Come try our Snout to Tail Tasting Menu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Tallgrass Prairie Table - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Tallgrass Prairie Table reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (76)romantic (46)neighborhood gem (45)hot spot (40)good for groups (39)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (26)great for lunch (20)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Requested a booth. If there is no booth (half w/chair is not a booth) then you should notify the person requesting the reservation. Also requested a quiet corner since the restaurant is too loud you should put that in the reservation information. Too close to the people at the next table. Felt very crowded. Server did not have time to explain menu or help with any drink recommendations. Felt rushed through the whole dining experience. The fried chicken was dry the potatoes were not cooked through and because of the feeling of being rushed did not feel like waiting on another dish. Also, if there is no free parking then that should be somewhere in the reservation. Did not appreciate getting a ticket on a Saturday night.
- WOWOOTDined on 10/18/2014Great menu. Service was excellent. Cannot wait to come back and try other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tallgrass small platesCrackersnackerDined on 10/17/2014We made a meal of the small plates and Tallgrass. Each one delivered intense, unusual, and creative flavors and textures. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic eveningpetrettiDined on 10/17/2014The bone marrow, salads and drinks were very good. The pear infused whiskey was so good we both ordered 3 shots. The ribeye was so tender and everything accompanying it had such great flavor. Everything was incredibly tasty. Katie made our night so fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere even better food!MoorefunDined on 10/11/2014We had a group of 10 and were seated in the back at the large so if table - it felt like we were in our own dining room! Our server was great and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh, local, seasonalGoodeater1Dined on 10/11/2014If gormet is fresh, local, in season, this is it! The chef is working in her kitchen cooking the food, that is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GEM!jewelsjenksDined on 10/9/2014When my friend suggested to grab lunch at Tallgrass Prairie, I was like "Huh? Ok lets do it!" To my surprise it was AMAZING!!! THe food was fabulous, cocktails were fun and delish, and they server was knowledgable (Riley is the BEST) I am for sure going to make this a more frequent stop for my meals out :) I cannot wait to try their brunch and dinner menu. I was so pleased with everything about my experience at Tellgress Pairie and I will be spreading the word around :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointediLuvScotchDined on 10/8/2014Anniversary celebration and couldn't be happier with the delicious food. This place is consistent across the board.Special Features:
- 2okiefoodiesDined on 10/5/2014The menu is very different and the food is very good. The live music makes it a place we will go again and will recommend. The noise level was a bit loud but overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- The best food available in Tulsa!Peaches2014VIPDined on 9/28/2014It is always a pleasure to go to Tallgrass Prairie Table! The food is beyond compare and the staff make you feel as if you are family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's all the hubbub about?SearchingDined on 9/26/2014Had high expectations, but was just an average lunch. Sandwiches were on nice bread from Antoinette's bakery, but were more bread than filling. Egg Salad was okay, chicken was dry (needed mustard, and the waiter was rather snippy that they didn't have the cheap yellow stuff, they "made their own." Needed the cheap yellow stuff to add some zing! The daily special was a ham and grilled cheese -- we picked half the bread away because it was way too bready. Decor was rather tired barn-door chic with chandeliers and cheap flatware. Prices were kind of high, no wonder there was no one there!
- Tulsa Gem!KanyDined on 9/19/2014The use of seasonings makes every menu item intriguing to the palate. I've never been disappointed in my selection, and gauging the reactions of fellow patrons, neither have they! Definitely a gem in Tulsa. Besides the food, the lighting is spectacular--and made by a local artist! I loved that aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceLuv2dineinTulsaDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time to eat here and we're already planning to go back. The food was wonderful. We started with brisket tacos and the shrimp and grits. For our entrees we had the meatloaf and brisket with grit corn cakes. We then ended with an amazing dessert. Our waitress, Eryn, was so kind and took great care of us. Looking forward to our next visit and trying the brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry...disappointing brunchKraggsDined on 9/7/2014Cute place, liked the unique lighting fixtures. Sorry to say, my boyfriend's omelette tasted like egg substitute, not 'local, farm fresh'. I got the Huevous Ranchero. The corn tortilla was way too thick...it should have been more crepe like. The sauce was very good, but that darn tortilla stole all the flavor from the eggs! Did, however, like to cottage fries. Very good. The grilled onions, peppers needed to be put under the eggs, between the tortilla, rather than on the side. This is Brunch, not heavy lunch. Out waiter seemed a bit tired and confused. I have Celiac....he did his best, but...just not into IT. Perhaps...just a bad day for him. That's okay....for now. :-)
- Place to be!Peaches2014VIPDined on 9/7/2014The food is always great. The employees make you feel as if you are part of their family! The place is perfect for any special occasion that needs quality with a kick!Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!MrsAHDined on 9/6/2014Our dining experience was excellent! The food was incredible, and the service was exceptional. We ordered drinks at the bar before being seated, and the bartender actually came over to our table to make sure we liked our drinks. It was a small little thing, but it was above and beyond what was expected, and it really made us feel good. I only wish I knew his name so that I could give him a personal shout out (we were there on Saturday evening - September 6th). The service was personal, and it really made our dining experience great. I would highly recommend Tallgrass to my friends and family (in fact I already have to a number of people). We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014My husband ordered the ribeye. He ordered medium rare... it was rare, bleeding. Sent it back. My friend and I ordered the prawns. The meatiest part of the prawns was absolutely gelatinous... we sent ours back as well. We had been there before, a couple of times. As always, the space is beautiful and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- A bit priceyZachDined on 9/5/2014Although the atmosphere and food are good, Tallgrass is definitely proud of their food. Prices are definitely higher than I would expect for a restaurant of this style.Special Features:
- Good First VisitVance97Dined on 9/4/2014We had heard good things about the Tallgrass Prarie Table and were not disappointed. Creative menu featuring unusual taste combinations. Makes it an interesting place. Although the hard surfaces tend to make it crowd noisy, we appreciated the selection of gentle, beautiful music. Our waiter was excellent. Answered questions effectively. When he did not know about a potential wine choice, he readily went to ask and returned with a taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TulsanAdamDined on 8/31/2014Our second visit and probably last. The food was lukewarm at best and service was very slow. We actually got our small plates before our drinks. The flavors of the food were actually pretty good though and the menu concept of local is great just execution didn't seem to be there.Special Features:
- A Local Gem with a Mixed MessageenjoygoodeatsDined on 8/30/2014We chose this place to celebrate our anniversary. The food was great, and so was the wine. It was good to know that they supported the local farms and wineries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!c74074Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful meal at TPT. I had the grilled chicken with lemon risotto and sauteed spinach. It was absolutely delicious, and I'm looking forward to having it again! The server was knowledgable about which items are gluten-free (which is very important for me).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pre concert dinner1lakemomDined on 8/29/2014Service and food amazing! Definitely recommend starting with the "tacos of the day". Everything was superb!....Kale salad, zucchini tian, belly and scallops! My husband was still raving about the grilled chicken the next day....and we're talking, chicken! Our server was very helpful and fun! You won't be disappointed in this choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Musical entertainment should play background music not a concert. We could barely carry on a conversation. Loved the food and the repurposed space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food; fabulous jazzFarnsnarkleDined on 8/24/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time this week. Dean DeMerritt's jazz combo was playing and the music was great! I had the meatloaf which was delicious and my wife had the vegetarian plate, which was equally good. A bit pricey, but the entertainment made it worth it.Special Features:
- Catching Up w/FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We made a very easy reservation online. The table was ready at the pre-set time. Our waitress, Shawna, was excellent. She knew the menu and made recommendations. The cocktails were superb and DELICIOUS!! The ambiance is amazing. I had a "small plate" w/a salad. It lives up to that description---a very small plate. My friend had a "large plate" and she ate it all---which is unusual for her--so it must've been just right. I have already recommended it to other friends. It is a little pricey---but it was a neat place downtown.Special Features:
- Downtown Tulsa Gem19dave82Dined on 8/22/2014Tallgrass Prairie table is one of the culinary gems of downtown Tulsa. Having moved away from Tulsa 10 years ago, I wanted to find a unique restaurant to take my wife for a recent visit. I found Tallgrass Prairie Table and it was exactly what I was looking for. The service was friendly and the food was amazing. We really like the farm to table concept. We will definitely be eating there again during our next visit to Tulsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what it isGoodtulsaeatsDined on 8/22/2014I was very excited about trying this restaurant which has a beautiful ambience and great location near the Tulsa Peforming Arts Center. Unfortunately my experience was disappointing. The food was overpriced for what it is. This restaurant has higher price points than most fine dining restaurants in Tulsa, and as such, the food should have a wow factor. Unfortunately, I found the food to be just good, not great, and the portions rediculously small. My date and I spent over 100.00 and we left still feeling hungry. I've spent less money and had better meals at almost every other restaurant in downtown Tulsa. Next time I will be going back to downtown for a happier experience at either Phryme, Ti Amo's, The Chalkboard, Yokozuna, or The Tavern.
- Such a great placeLuvmydatenightsDined on 8/17/2014Tallgrass is such a wonderful spot with such unique, yet very tasty food choices. I've only been there twice but I would go at least once a week if I didn't live so far south. I highly recommend the shrimp and grits, cheese platter, and the halibut. The only thing I didn't care for was the beet tarte salad but that's probably just because I didn't expect it to be warm. Overall we love this place and wish them much success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This place is wonderful. Our waitress was Jacqueline & she was perfect. Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Concept but Result Just OKkscriticDined on 8/16/2014The menu was varied and we liked the concept of farm to table but felt the execution lacked. Loved the atmosphere and decor even though our table was dark with no chandelier and no use of the overhead lighting. It was hard to see what you were eating. The wait staff was attentive, except for refilling the water glasses. Our table ordered five different dishes and only one person was happy enough with their entree to say they would order it again. Most dishes were too heavy on one of the ingredients...too much lemon, barbecue, etc. Also, not impressed with the wine list and speciality drinks. Might try it again in a different season with a different menu and see if the results improve. Otherwise, too expensive for just being OK.
- Great food; not a date destinationTheRevDined on 8/16/2014First off, the food and drinks were fantastic. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. However, I would not recommend this as a destination for a "date night." The noise level is far too great for a nice, relaxed conversation. If you're looking for a hot spot to enjoy with friends, this is it. From what I could see, large groups would fare very well here. I will be back, but not on a date.Special Features:
- Perfect Evening!VeggiegirlDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening! The service by Erin was exceptional. She was very knowledgable of the local food and made great suggestions. We especially loved the cheese selection on the cheese platter app---the cheese that was lightly grilled was delicious! I enjoyed the risotto with heirloom tomatoes and he had the quail with a piece of fried chicken on the side that they made at his request. He especially liked the crispy chicken. The wine selection is great without being overwhelming. We finished with an amazing piece of flan like cake that was a decadent and rich finish to a perfect dinner! Thank you for a great start to our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageMesa75Dined on 8/15/2014The food was very average, nothing spectacular. My meal was served lukewarm, bordering on cold. I ordered my steak cooked medium, and it was very rare. The cheese tamales were bland (they might have tasted better if they were served hot). The corn on the cob was very chewy and tasteless as well. We ordered a chocolate dessert, and it was not very sweet or tasty. Very average meal. I expected better and fresher quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, Nothing Similar Aroundrw65VIPDined on 8/15/2014I had a friend in from out of town and wanted to take him to a place where there would be a lot of people, but at the same time wouldn't be too crowded. Tallgrass was the first restaurant that came to mind. We had a few signature cocktails, and they were made perfectly. Definitely original drinks that you won't find anywhere else. Then we ordered almost every small plate on the menu, and they all were great! I remember the ham & farm eggs standing out though as being truly unique and delicious. For dinner, I had the lamb ribs. Think of lamb chops cooked BBQ style. That was the first time I'd had anything like that, and they were amazing! The food, service, and atmosphere couldn't have been better. Looking forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKnalombDined on 8/15/2014We had a "flight" of five small plate dishes. It was OK, but seemed like they were trying to push the bone fides of being a farm to table restaurant rather than producing appetizing dishes. Portion size was on the small side, but not smaller than I was expecting. Decently priced, but not cheap. We felt it was a place to try, not a place to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okcottontopDined on 8/15/2014Ratedd the noise level as moderate but we were in the front part of the restaurant. There is a partial wall between the two dining areas. If you are in the back area, noise is extremely loud. Reservation at six, arrived a bit early, seated immediately, unfortunately under a vent and very chilly. Asked for reseating after drink orders and water delivered. Waitress was happy to accomodate and even suggested if that did not work we could move again. Green gezpacho was excellent, steak very good, dessert outstanding. As usual, we spit an entree, no problem, kitchen made the split. We like this place and will be back.Special Features:
- Delicious Service!BonniDined on 8/10/2014Impressive and creative food. Breakfast tacos and baby potatoes were out of this world! But above all, the service was impeccable, I'll be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding!UnoYearDined on 8/9/2014The service provided and food served was remarkable. I was thoroughly impressed with both. Although, the bar area was a little loud, my date and I still were able to have an intimate dining experience. I would highly recommend this to and for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- larchrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The halibut was overcooked and the meatloaf was too much chorizo. We will not be back. This was our 2nd time and we felt that the food was not prepared appropriately.Special Features: