Tallgrass Prairie Table
313 East 2nd Street
Tulsa, OK 74120Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tallgrass Prairie Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tallgrasstable.com/
- Phone: (918) 933-4499
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Bar opens at 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michelle Donaldson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services provided.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private chef's tasting dining room that seats 14 in plush leather chairs at an oversized wooden farm table. Tallgrass can also accommodate large parties in our two dining rooms.
- Entertainment: Tallgrass features live music. Check our website for our music schedule.
A word from Tallgrass Prairie Table
Tallgrass Prairie Table is a Farm to Table restaurant located in the heart of the historic Blue Dome entertainment district in downtown Tulsa. Serving Modern American cuisine that is both locally and globally inspired and locally sourced, Tallgrass partners with several local farms and ranches, most importantly Z7Bar Ranch in Pawhuska and the Living Kitchen Dairy and Farm in Depew, to bring Tulsans the freshest local ingredients possible. Executive Chef Michelle Donaldson and owner Hope Egan are both passionately committed to the slow food movement. Tallgrass features a small boutique Wine List, Craft Cocktails, Local Beers on Tap, and Live music. Come try our Snout to Tail Tasting Menu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Tallgrass Prairie Table - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Tallgrass Prairie Table reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)special occasion (72)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (47)hot spot (42)good for groups (41)great for brunch (25)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (22)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- BIG THANKS TO TALLGRASSLadyHawkDined on 11/23/2014This restaurant is one of the BEST in Tulsa!! I always consider it a special treat when we dine there. I'm a vegetarian and I am pleased with each meal I receive when most of the choices are meat specialties. The appetizer special never disappoints! The main course delights and the desserts will thrill any taste buds!! I love the atmosphere as well ..feeling like I'm in a special hideaway in NYC or DC. The service never disappoints!! Long live Tallgrass!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014Took husband for his birthday breakfast. Delicious food! Great service! We were both impressed and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Go!! Don't wait!JnifrDined on 11/21/2014I planned a girlfriend night. I wanted to experience a restaurant with them; one I'd never been to either. We were in love from the moment we walked in. Those chandeliers captured me, the service wowed me, the food amazed me and the chef greeted me. Go! Don't wait! You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DeliGirlDined on 11/15/2014This still somewhat new place in downtown Tulsa is a gem! Their Fall menu is excellent. Fresh produce, moderate to large portions, and very creative. They are always trying something new and that is what keeps me coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My experience was wonderful. It was a bit cold in the restaurant it would be nice with it being winter to warm it up some. Also we were celebrating our anniversary and I had that noted when I made the reservation so it would be a nice touch for the staff to say happy anniversary to let me know they are on top of things. The server did a great job and the food was fabulous. I would for sure eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a special place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014From the excellent service to the amazing food our group of 8 had a memorable time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A welcomed surprise!DrJohnDined on 11/9/2014My wife and I took our son out for a bunch/lunch experience and were not disappointed. The menu worked for each of us and the service and food were superb. The atmosphere was tasteful, comfortable, and had enough interesting features to gain our attention. We will definitely make a return engagement,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HopefulJunebugDined on 11/8/2014Really was looking forward to trying Tallgrass after reading the review. I have to say we were not pressed. Atmosphere and service was good but food was not anything to encourage us to return. Felt it was Overpriced for the quality received.
- As great as everyone said!HoustonsbVIPDined on 11/7/2014I was visiting Tulsa, where I used to live, and had to try Tallgrass. The service was great, atmosphere perfect and food delicious. I will definitely be going back on my next trip home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyfoodieforlifeDined on 11/7/2014We really enjoy new places and this is a great place. Brick and wood and I want the pipe chandeliers! Cozy and clean with an open kitchen to watch all the activity. The cheese board was just perfect for 2-3 people and delicious. I had the Pork Cheek Joe and hubby had the burger, both really good. I will definitely be taking my Lunching Ladies for a girl trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedTnttownVIPDined on 11/7/2014I had not been to Tallgrass for lunch. Most restaurants seem to either rehash their dinner menu or settle for boring lunch standards. Not Tallgrass. I had a very creative and delish capprese sandwich with roasted tomatoes and roasted squash. When I ordered this I thought it would be either wonderful or awful. Thankfully it was wonderful and probably the best sandwich I've had for awhile. There were so many tempting offerings I'll be returning soon!Special Features:
- Great date nightdmbtravelgirlDined on 11/2/2014The food atmosphere and everything was fantastic. Menu very much off the stereotypical offerings. Tried new things, and loved them. Tad overpriced for my meager budget, but great for a special occasion. Very nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too sadtoosadDined on 11/2/2014I was there for drinks and small plates and it was very good. Late brunch on Sunday was embarrassingSpecial Features:
- Great group of people, great foodfranticlullabyDined on 11/2/2014Most notably, service at Tallgrass is impeccable. Staff are friendly and welcoming while performing the tasks of their jobs. The service reflects the the overall feel of the restaurant; it's a family dinner where you eat well and enjoy yourself amongst friends. Staff seemed genuinely interested in feedback about the new brunch menu, and we're great about dealing with our requests for a picky eater. The fact that everything is housemade is an awesome perk, and the sauces, especially, left our group ecstatic. The only complaint was that the home fries being served up for far too spicy for us as a brunch item, but the chef did offer up recommendations for alleviating the heat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Would not recommend. Limited food choices. Food quality not great. Over priced.
- Lunch at TallgrassGoodeatsDined on 10/30/2014Food was fresh and excellent. Wait staff attentive and cheerful. Would return to this restaurant. Tomato bisque was fabulous.Special Features:
- first time visitLlamamomaDined on 10/26/2014Our family really enjoyed our dining experience at Tallgrass Prarie Table. Wonderfully prepared food , all the flavors came alive in each dish. Nice atmosphere, my only complaint was the noise - our family was seated by the bar with TV and live guitar player ( which was wonderful ) and at times it was hard to carry on conversation . I love the interesting gourmet selection of entrees Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchBaronMarbotVIPDined on 10/26/2014We found this restaurant while wandering around downtown Tulsa for the first time. What a treat! We love the concept of locally sourced ingredients and appreciated the in-house cured meats. We will recommend this to our friends and be back.Special Features:
- Great FoodLunchDinerDined on 10/24/2014Food is fantastic, but service is a little slow. Also, they need to stock Diet Coke or other diet drinks for those who don't drink tea or sugary drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Does not disappoint!TangoGypsyDined on 10/22/2014Several friends recommended Tallgrass Prairie- we finally made a reservation and sampled it. Loved the ambiance- exposed brick, nice range of table space for couples or groups. The drinks menu had several unique selections, great wine list. The food had great presentation, we loved the varied menu, lots of salads and small plates. Looking forward to our next visit, even if for just drinks and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Banks2Dined on 10/21/2014My grandson, who is very health conscious, had heard of Tallgrass Prairie Table. We ate with you before the Ragtime for Tulsa concert. It had CLASS at every juncture. Jacqueline made us feel welcome.Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Requested a booth. If there is no booth (half w/chair is not a booth) then you should notify the person requesting the reservation. Also requested a quiet corner since the restaurant is too loud you should put that in the reservation information. Too close to the people at the next table. Felt very crowded. Server did not have time to explain menu or help with any drink recommendations. Felt rushed through the whole dining experience. The fried chicken was dry the potatoes were not cooked through and because of the feeling of being rushed did not feel like waiting on another dish. Also, if there is no free parking then that should be somewhere in the reservation. Did not appreciate getting a ticket on a Saturday night.
- WOWOOTDined on 10/18/2014Great menu. Service was excellent. Cannot wait to come back and try other items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tallgrass small platesCrackersnackerDined on 10/17/2014We made a meal of the small plates and Tallgrass. Each one delivered intense, unusual, and creative flavors and textures. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic eveningpetrettiDined on 10/17/2014The bone marrow, salads and drinks were very good. The pear infused whiskey was so good we both ordered 3 shots. The ribeye was so tender and everything accompanying it had such great flavor. Everything was incredibly tasty. Katie made our night so fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere even better food!MoorefunDined on 10/11/2014We had a group of 10 and were seated in the back at the large so if table - it felt like we were in our own dining room! Our server was great and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh, local, seasonalGoodeater1Dined on 10/11/2014If gormet is fresh, local, in season, this is it! The chef is working in her kitchen cooking the food, that is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GEM!jewelsjenksDined on 10/9/2014When my friend suggested to grab lunch at Tallgrass Prairie, I was like "Huh? Ok lets do it!" To my surprise it was AMAZING!!! THe food was fabulous, cocktails were fun and delish, and they server was knowledgable (Riley is the BEST) I am for sure going to make this a more frequent stop for my meals out :) I cannot wait to try their brunch and dinner menu. I was so pleased with everything about my experience at Tellgress Pairie and I will be spreading the word around :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointediLuvScotchDined on 10/8/2014Anniversary celebration and couldn't be happier with the delicious food. This place is consistent across the board.Special Features:
- 2okiefoodiesDined on 10/5/2014The menu is very different and the food is very good. The live music makes it a place we will go again and will recommend. The noise level was a bit loud but overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- The best food available in Tulsa!Peaches2014VIPDined on 9/28/2014It is always a pleasure to go to Tallgrass Prairie Table! The food is beyond compare and the staff make you feel as if you are family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's all the hubbub about?SearchingDined on 9/26/2014Had high expectations, but was just an average lunch. Sandwiches were on nice bread from Antoinette's bakery, but were more bread than filling. Egg Salad was okay, chicken was dry (needed mustard, and the waiter was rather snippy that they didn't have the cheap yellow stuff, they "made their own." Needed the cheap yellow stuff to add some zing! The daily special was a ham and grilled cheese -- we picked half the bread away because it was way too bready. Decor was rather tired barn-door chic with chandeliers and cheap flatware. Prices were kind of high, no wonder there was no one there!
- Tulsa Gem!KanyDined on 9/19/2014The use of seasonings makes every menu item intriguing to the palate. I've never been disappointed in my selection, and gauging the reactions of fellow patrons, neither have they! Definitely a gem in Tulsa. Besides the food, the lighting is spectacular--and made by a local artist! I loved that aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceLuv2dineinTulsaDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time to eat here and we're already planning to go back. The food was wonderful. We started with brisket tacos and the shrimp and grits. For our entrees we had the meatloaf and brisket with grit corn cakes. We then ended with an amazing dessert. Our waitress, Eryn, was so kind and took great care of us. Looking forward to our next visit and trying the brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry...disappointing brunchKraggsDined on 9/7/2014Cute place, liked the unique lighting fixtures. Sorry to say, my boyfriend's omelette tasted like egg substitute, not 'local, farm fresh'. I got the Huevous Ranchero. The corn tortilla was way too thick...it should have been more crepe like. The sauce was very good, but that darn tortilla stole all the flavor from the eggs! Did, however, like to cottage fries. Very good. The grilled onions, peppers needed to be put under the eggs, between the tortilla, rather than on the side. This is Brunch, not heavy lunch. Out waiter seemed a bit tired and confused. I have Celiac....he did his best, but...just not into IT. Perhaps...just a bad day for him. That's okay....for now. :-)
- Place to be!Peaches2014VIPDined on 9/7/2014The food is always great. The employees make you feel as if you are part of their family! The place is perfect for any special occasion that needs quality with a kick!Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!MrsAHDined on 9/6/2014Our dining experience was excellent! The food was incredible, and the service was exceptional. We ordered drinks at the bar before being seated, and the bartender actually came over to our table to make sure we liked our drinks. It was a small little thing, but it was above and beyond what was expected, and it really made us feel good. I only wish I knew his name so that I could give him a personal shout out (we were there on Saturday evening - September 6th). The service was personal, and it really made our dining experience great. I would highly recommend Tallgrass to my friends and family (in fact I already have to a number of people). We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014My husband ordered the ribeye. He ordered medium rare... it was rare, bleeding. Sent it back. My friend and I ordered the prawns. The meatiest part of the prawns was absolutely gelatinous... we sent ours back as well. We had been there before, a couple of times. As always, the space is beautiful and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- A bit priceyZachDined on 9/5/2014Although the atmosphere and food are good, Tallgrass is definitely proud of their food. Prices are definitely higher than I would expect for a restaurant of this style.Special Features:
- Good First VisitVance97Dined on 9/4/2014We had heard good things about the Tallgrass Prarie Table and were not disappointed. Creative menu featuring unusual taste combinations. Makes it an interesting place. Although the hard surfaces tend to make it crowd noisy, we appreciated the selection of gentle, beautiful music. Our waiter was excellent. Answered questions effectively. When he did not know about a potential wine choice, he readily went to ask and returned with a taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.