Tallgrass Prairie Table
313 East 2nd Street
Tulsa, OK 74120Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tallgrass Prairie Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tallgrasstable.com/
- Phone: 9189334499
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Bar opens at 4:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michelle Donaldson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full catering services provided.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private chef's tasting dining room that seats 14 in plush leather chairs at an oversized wooden farm table. Tallgrass can also accommodate large parties in our two dining rooms.
- Entertainment: Tallgrass features live music. Check our website for our music schedule.
A word from Tallgrass Prairie Table
Tallgrass Prairie Table is a Farm to Table restaurant located in the heart of the historic Blue Dome entertainment district in downtown Tulsa. Serving Modern American cuisine that is both locally and globally inspired and locally sourced, Tallgrass partners with several local farms and ranches, most importantly Z7Bar Ranch in Pawhuska and the Living Kitchen Dairy and Farm in Depew, to bring Tulsans the freshest local ingredients possible. Executive Chef Michelle Donaldson and owner Hope Egan are both passionately committed to the slow food movement. Tallgrass features a small boutique Wine List, Craft Cocktails, Local Beers on Tap, and Live music. Come try our Snout to Tail Tasting Menu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tallgrass Prairie Table - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Tallgrass Prairie Table reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (126)special occasion (98)neighborhood gem (61)hot spot (51)romantic (49)good for groups (38)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful ExperienceLuv2dineinTulsaDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time to eat here and we're already planning to go back. The food was wonderful. We started with brisket tacos and the shrimp and grits. For our entrees we had the meatloaf and brisket with grit corn cakes. We then ended with an amazing dessert. Our waitress, Eryn, was so kind and took great care of us. Looking forward to our next visit and trying the brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry...disappointing brunchKraggsDined on 9/7/2014Cute place, liked the unique lighting fixtures. Sorry to say, my boyfriend's omelette tasted like egg substitute, not 'local, farm fresh'. I got the Huevous Ranchero. The corn tortilla was way too thick...it should have been more crepe like. The sauce was very good, but that darn tortilla stole all the flavor from the eggs! Did, however, like to cottage fries. Very good. The grilled onions, peppers needed to be put under the eggs, between the tortilla, rather than on the side. This is Brunch, not heavy lunch. Out waiter seemed a bit tired and confused. I have Celiac....he did his best, but...just not into IT. Perhaps...just a bad day for him. That's okay....for now. :-)
- Place to be!Peaches2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food is always great. The employees make you feel as if you are part of their family! The place is perfect for any special occasion that needs quality with a kick!Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!MrsAHDined on 9/6/2014Our dining experience was excellent! The food was incredible, and the service was exceptional. We ordered drinks at the bar before being seated, and the bartender actually came over to our table to make sure we liked our drinks. It was a small little thing, but it was above and beyond what was expected, and it really made us feel good. I only wish I knew his name so that I could give him a personal shout out (we were there on Saturday evening - September 6th). The service was personal, and it really made our dining experience great. I would highly recommend Tallgrass to my friends and family (in fact I already have to a number of people). We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- undercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014My husband ordered the ribeye. He ordered medium rare... it was rare, bleeding. Sent it back. My friend and I ordered the prawns. The meatiest part of the prawns was absolutely gelatinous... we sent ours back as well. We had been there before, a couple of times. As always, the space is beautiful and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- A bit priceyZachDined on 9/5/2014Although the atmosphere and food are good, Tallgrass is definitely proud of their food. Prices are definitely higher than I would expect for a restaurant of this style.Special Features:
- Good First VisitVance97Dined on 9/4/2014We had heard good things about the Tallgrass Prarie Table and were not disappointed. Creative menu featuring unusual taste combinations. Makes it an interesting place. Although the hard surfaces tend to make it crowd noisy, we appreciated the selection of gentle, beautiful music. Our waiter was excellent. Answered questions effectively. When he did not know about a potential wine choice, he readily went to ask and returned with a taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TulsanAdamDined on 8/31/2014Our second visit and probably last. The food was lukewarm at best and service was very slow. We actually got our small plates before our drinks. The flavors of the food were actually pretty good though and the menu concept of local is great just execution didn't seem to be there.Special Features:
- A Local Gem with a Mixed MessageenjoygoodeatsDined on 8/30/2014We chose this place to celebrate our anniversary. The food was great, and so was the wine. It was good to know that they supported the local farms and wineries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!c74074Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful meal at TPT. I had the grilled chicken with lemon risotto and sauteed spinach. It was absolutely delicious, and I'm looking forward to having it again! The server was knowledgable about which items are gluten-free (which is very important for me).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing pre concert dinner1lakemomDined on 8/29/2014Service and food amazing! Definitely recommend starting with the "tacos of the day". Everything was superb!....Kale salad, zucchini tian, belly and scallops! My husband was still raving about the grilled chicken the next day....and we're talking, chicken! Our server was very helpful and fun! You won't be disappointed in this choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Musical entertainment should play background music not a concert. We could barely carry on a conversation. Loved the food and the repurposed space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food; fabulous jazzFarnsnarkleDined on 8/24/2014We tried this restaurant for the first time this week. Dean DeMerritt's jazz combo was playing and the music was great! I had the meatloaf which was delicious and my wife had the vegetarian plate, which was equally good. A bit pricey, but the entertainment made it worth it.Special Features:
- Catching Up w/FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We made a very easy reservation online. The table was ready at the pre-set time. Our waitress, Shawna, was excellent. She knew the menu and made recommendations. The cocktails were superb and DELICIOUS!! The ambiance is amazing. I had a "small plate" w/a salad. It lives up to that description---a very small plate. My friend had a "large plate" and she ate it all---which is unusual for her--so it must've been just right. I have already recommended it to other friends. It is a little pricey---but it was a neat place downtown.Special Features:
- Downtown Tulsa Gem19dave82Dined on 8/22/2014Tallgrass Prairie table is one of the culinary gems of downtown Tulsa. Having moved away from Tulsa 10 years ago, I wanted to find a unique restaurant to take my wife for a recent visit. I found Tallgrass Prairie Table and it was exactly what I was looking for. The service was friendly and the food was amazing. We really like the farm to table concept. We will definitely be eating there again during our next visit to Tulsa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what it isGoodtulsaeatsDined on 8/22/2014I was very excited about trying this restaurant which has a beautiful ambience and great location near the Tulsa Peforming Arts Center. Unfortunately my experience was disappointing. The food was overpriced for what it is. This restaurant has higher price points than most fine dining restaurants in Tulsa, and as such, the food should have a wow factor. Unfortunately, I found the food to be just good, not great, and the portions rediculously small. My date and I spent over 100.00 and we left still feeling hungry. I've spent less money and had better meals at almost every other restaurant in downtown Tulsa. Next time I will be going back to downtown for a happier experience at either Phryme, Ti Amo's, The Chalkboard, Yokozuna, or The Tavern.
- Such a great placeLuvmydatenightsDined on 8/17/2014Tallgrass is such a wonderful spot with such unique, yet very tasty food choices. I've only been there twice but I would go at least once a week if I didn't live so far south. I highly recommend the shrimp and grits, cheese platter, and the halibut. The only thing I didn't care for was the beet tarte salad but that's probably just because I didn't expect it to be warm. Overall we love this place and wish them much success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014This place is wonderful. Our waitress was Jacqueline & she was perfect. Can't wait to go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Concept but Result Just OKkscriticDined on 8/16/2014The menu was varied and we liked the concept of farm to table but felt the execution lacked. Loved the atmosphere and decor even though our table was dark with no chandelier and no use of the overhead lighting. It was hard to see what you were eating. The wait staff was attentive, except for refilling the water glasses. Our table ordered five different dishes and only one person was happy enough with their entree to say they would order it again. Most dishes were too heavy on one of the ingredients...too much lemon, barbecue, etc. Also, not impressed with the wine list and speciality drinks. Might try it again in a different season with a different menu and see if the results improve. Otherwise, too expensive for just being OK.
- Great food; not a date destinationTheRevDined on 8/16/2014First off, the food and drinks were fantastic. Our server was very attentive and pleasant. However, I would not recommend this as a destination for a "date night." The noise level is far too great for a nice, relaxed conversation. If you're looking for a hot spot to enjoy with friends, this is it. From what I could see, large groups would fare very well here. I will be back, but not on a date.Special Features:
- Perfect Evening!VeggiegirlDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening! The service by Erin was exceptional. She was very knowledgable of the local food and made great suggestions. We especially loved the cheese selection on the cheese platter app---the cheese that was lightly grilled was delicious! I enjoyed the risotto with heirloom tomatoes and he had the quail with a piece of fried chicken on the side that they made at his request. He especially liked the crispy chicken. The wine selection is great without being overwhelming. We finished with an amazing piece of flan like cake that was a decadent and rich finish to a perfect dinner! Thank you for a great start to our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageMesa75Dined on 8/15/2014The food was very average, nothing spectacular. My meal was served lukewarm, bordering on cold. I ordered my steak cooked medium, and it was very rare. The cheese tamales were bland (they might have tasted better if they were served hot). The corn on the cob was very chewy and tasteless as well. We ordered a chocolate dessert, and it was not very sweet or tasty. Very average meal. I expected better and fresher quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKnalombDined on 8/15/2014We had a "flight" of five small plate dishes. It was OK, but seemed like they were trying to push the bone fides of being a farm to table restaurant rather than producing appetizing dishes. Portion size was on the small side, but not smaller than I was expecting. Decently priced, but not cheap. We felt it was a place to try, not a place to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okcottontopDined on 8/15/2014Ratedd the noise level as moderate but we were in the front part of the restaurant. There is a partial wall between the two dining areas. If you are in the back area, noise is extremely loud. Reservation at six, arrived a bit early, seated immediately, unfortunately under a vent and very chilly. Asked for reseating after drink orders and water delivered. Waitress was happy to accomodate and even suggested if that did not work we could move again. Green gezpacho was excellent, steak very good, dessert outstanding. As usual, we spit an entree, no problem, kitchen made the split. We like this place and will be back.Special Features:
- Delicious Service!BonniDined on 8/10/2014Impressive and creative food. Breakfast tacos and baby potatoes were out of this world! But above all, the service was impeccable, I'll be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding!UnoYearDined on 8/9/2014The service provided and food served was remarkable. I was thoroughly impressed with both. Although, the bar area was a little loud, my date and I still were able to have an intimate dining experience. I would highly recommend this to and for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- larchrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The halibut was overcooked and the meatloaf was too much chorizo. We will not be back. This was our 2nd time and we felt that the food was not prepared appropriately.Special Features:
- Locavores!dianeDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful way to taste the area fresh produce, cheeses, and animal of the day! Creative efforts bringing the seasonal harvest to the table to be savored. Well done effort. Hidden gem. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this one!BigWineoDined on 8/8/2014Hope has been a part of the fine food scene, in one capacity or another, in Tulsa for many years. Her food is always creative and delicious. Her personality is warm and friendly and her laugh is heart warming! I highly recommend TallgrassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- odd mixturesFSFanDined on 8/7/2014Odd mixture of farm favorites and local food. Was Ok but not worth orice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done.vwinmeDined on 8/5/2014I had a business lunch on a Tuesday. The food and service was remarkable! We all decided that we would return individually for dinner and/or brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary, creative and cool!TulsaFoodGuyDined on 8/1/2014On a recent visit to Tallgrass Prairie we shared a lovely meal before the Michael Buble concert. Our foursome of foodies enjoyed all our dishes. The marrow with preserved orange peel and pesto was delicious. The orange peel was a fresh foil against the rich marrow, but not to be eaten in the same bite. I loved the shrimp wrapped in green chile with creamy yellow corn grits. The Halibut with Pumpkin Seed Crust was perfect. And the Gluten-free Chocolate Cake was satisfying. The service was a bit scattered and the noise level was obtrusive at times. We could barely hear our own conversation towards the end of the meal. On the whole this is very welcome addition to our food landscape in Tulsa. A bit more polish and we'll have a true gem!Special Features:
- Dining with great musicSopranoDined on 7/31/2014The food was great, but the music of THE MAUD SQUAD is what made this experience fabulous. What an amazing jazz trio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Say no to the ketchup and burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/31/2014My husband got the pork chop and really liked it. The flavor was excellent and everyone at our table tried it and liked it too. We had the cheese plate for an appetizer and it was delicious too. It had a nice variety of cheeses, some nuts that were sweet and spicy and two nice spreads. Also, another friend got the flatbread and liked it too. The disappointment came with the burger and the ketchup. It was what I ordered. I asked the other people at the table to try it to see what they thought and they agreed. The burger tasted, "soapy" as one person described it and the ketchup was just odd and the flavor was off. I really disliked it and asked for an alternative but was told they did not have any other choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu drivenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I eat out approx 200 meals/yr. Attentive service from the moment we arrived, good ambiance in a eclectic and well done dining environment, food was well prepared and really enjoyable. This was a great menu driven evening. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Was here for my birthday with my husband and 2 sons. They menu isn't like other restaurants and itemedidating to me but once we tasted the food our taste buds exploded. I already have a day planned with a girlfriend to try the Zucchinni dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. Loved the halibut and flatbread.Special Features:
- Local and DeliciousBrettasaurusVIPDined on 7/23/2014Tallgrass Prarie is a local or "farm to table" restaurant that foodies should try. One of my concerns with many local farm to table restaurants is the lack of hearty, substantial dishes. Luckily, Tallgrass does not fall into that category. The menu includes burgers, fish tacos and fried chicken. I had the house special burger with pork belly and a fried organic egg. The beef in the burger was flavorful, juicy and delicious. The pork belly and egg made the burger outstanding. I also tried a friends halibut tacos, which were spicy and flavorful. There were do many interesting menu items that I will be going back several times to try them all. If you like other Tulsa favorites Juniper and The Tavern then you need to try Tallgrass Prarie!Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceSJtulsaDined on 7/20/2014Everything we have tried has been really good. There are some menu staples that are outstanding and also seasonal items and specials. We especially enjoy the "animal of the day tacos" as an appetizers. Chef Michelle Donaldson has a distinctive style. I highly recommend you give Tall Grass Prarie Table a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Gem!Peaches2014Dined on 7/20/2014My partner and I have been going to Tall Grass for some time! We love sitting at the bar and observing the life around us! The service is top class and the food is out of this world! The presentation of every item rivals anything you would find in New York City or Los Angeles! We had a friend who we took to brunch. She loved it and will be back with or without us!Special Features: